Given Warhammer's fame, why the big three cartoon satires have ever made fun of GDub? Are their lawyers that scary?

Given Warhammer's fame, why the big three cartoon satires have ever made fun of GDub? Are their lawyers that scary?

which ones - simpsons, south park...?

anyways
>fame
still INCREDIBLY niche, dude

All three of them? I mean Games Workshop is about 41 years old and it hasn't got it's proper mockery vs D&D and Warcraft.

>Given Warhammer's fame
This is why. They may be famous, but famous among a very obscure niche part of nerd culture thats less known than D&D. A majority of the world that knows of 40k know it from DoW, and even then most people likely think the game is a THQ IP

GW and 40k's fame is nothing outside of the hobby culture.

Because GW is niche as fuck and no one knows/cares about it?

DnD is still THE rpg game. When you're roleplaying you can just tell people you're playing 'dnd' and they'll know what you're talking about more or less.

Warcraft is the most popular fantasy franchise in the computer gaming world. WoW despite losing tons of people is STILL the number fucking 1 mmo on earth with millions of players.

Compared to those franchises GW is a literal "who?" plus they're antagonistic in the extreme so it's small wonder no one wants to give them more exposure.

>Given Warhammer's fame,

Because it's not actually that famous.
Basically, it just has annoying fans who are 50% bluster and 50% spam.

>All three of them?
Which is the third?

But anyway, what these anons are saying. 40K are huge franchises in the tabletop scene, but that's a "big fish, small pond" thing. In absolute terms it's incredibly niche.

I mean let's consider, have you ever seen any satire-based series make fun of William Gibson's Neuromancer? Neuromancer was a big deal, it was the first novel to win the Hugo, Nebula, and Phillip K. Dick Awards simultaneously and it codified cyberpunk; ever seen The Simpsons reference it?

Looking at anime, how about Slayers? Classic series, among the early imports, one hell of a long-runner. You ever see Robot Chicken riff off it? You think you're ever gonna see a cutaway gag on Family Guy where Lois tosses a Dragon Slave at a motherfucker?

These things are incredibly niche in popular-culture at large; looking at tv in the past couple decades, it's actually kind of impressive how comprehensive tv satire really is. Robot Chicken referencing Final Fantasy VII, The Venture Brothers referencing Philip Pullman's "The Golden Compass", the fucking Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy of all things parodying Dune... It's more impressive how much they catch than disappointing how much they miss.

Not a member of the Big Three, but Archer referenced Warhammer once. Cyril mentions playing it as a kid (it's the episode when he becomes a generalissimo).

Hey guys, I think OP has sufficiently been told. We can move on now. Good work, gentlemen. Let's find our next task.

South Park.

You would think Parker would take the piss outta Warhammer given how insufferable GDub is.

They have real people and situations like politics and politicians and celebs to worry about and entertain themselves with.

If they went after GW or WH40k if stop watching because I knew they were truly out of ideas and scraping the absolute basement bottom of the barrel Simpsons style.

This. Who really cares, especially in Burgerland? GW really only has a presence on the coasts, and even then, it's for tabletop gamers. Who really cares about their company policies when you barely know who they are? Just about everyone can get annoyed about celebrity bullshit or politics or whatever.

>I knew they were truly out of ideas and scraping the absolute basement bottom of the barrel Simpsons style.
You realize they made several episodes about literal shit, right? Multiple episodes about a piece of talking shit, an episode about the word "shit", another about Randy taking a really big shit...

I mean when that's the baseline kind of arbitrary to say their standards have declined at literally any other point.

>You realize they made several episodes about literal shit, right? Multiple episodes about a piece of talking shit, an episode about the word "shit", another about Randy taking a really big shit...
Yes but everyone knows about shit, the humor of shit, and the problems and status of shit.

An episode about GW would just confuse the hell out of their viewership. It would be the episode "what the hell are they talking about?", and not in the south park kind of good way. Maybe a few viewers would go "WOW MAH HOBBIEZ" but it would be few and far between.

I don't know if you've heard user.
But everybody poops.

They already did one about MtG

Less scary, more annoying and not wanting to deal with it.

Are you seriously comparing MTG's fame to 40k? I don;t think you understand fame and the scale of fame here. It may be hard to believe in your world, but the scale of popularity goes something like this:

mtg - on top because every kit that doesnt play pokemon or yugio plays this. this shit is sold in grocery stores. its played in schooyards and lunchrooms.

then Dnd - the mtg kids that grew up starts into this stuff, and its getting enough media attention lately due to its popularity. not sold in grocery stores, but sold in big book store chains like barned and noble and such.

then its other card games, then other rpg systems, then some other obscure hobbies

then we finally get to miniature war gaming, where at the top of this is historical wargaming that gentlemen and old people play. Those are familiar somewhat with GW maybe, but the company or its products have no interest in them

Then finally, and finally, we get to the fictional wargaming, where those in the know of this know that GW is king. But among everyone else, the next tier of people that know of it are the CCGers who see it played at the smelly weird shops they play their tournaments at, and they generally have no idea about the controversy of GW and how they treated their customer base in the past. And that's pretty much it. But even the fictional wargaming is being split into 2 categories: Gw and ex-gw players being one, then xwing players.

You getting the picture?

>You think you're ever gonna see a cutaway gag on Family Guy where Lois tosses a Dragon Slave at a motherfucker?
That would be amazing

Don't forget the one about shoving food up your butt so you shit out your mouth.

>Are their lawyers that scary?
In the US, satire is covered by Fair Use. If they tried they'd be laughed out of court

MtG actually hit a serious decline after the 90's, it's only recently started to recover thanks to "zomg so quirky and nerdy!!!" TBBT kiddies

Still, that's enough though to count it above miniature wargaming in fame.

>The Venture Brothers referencing Philip Pullman's "The Golden Compass",
That's nothing, Venture Bros referenced Henry Darger.

If they did it, the joke would be that they were referencing a super obscure bit of nerd culture. Like when Archer mentioned Cypher from X-Men.

So the big three referred to in the OP are
>which ones - simpsons, south park...?
>All three of them?
>Which is the third?
>South Park.

Ah, so the big three are Simpsons, South Park, and South Park.

I am under the assumption it's Family Guy but I'm asking anyway.