Kobolds

Kobolds, Veeky Forums. I want pictures, books, articles, videos, stories. Inspire me to new heights with kobold-related shenanigans for my campaign.

Other urls found in this thread:

tuckerskobolds.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tucker's Kobolds are a classic.

Bump

On kindle there are two books. Ren of Atikala and the sequal Scars of Northaven. First one is free.

Don't have much beyond art and screencaps.

yeah, The only video I know of is some interview with a dragon and some of his minions, on youtube. and the only webcomics are dark places, which is dead, and that thing the artist started doing after dropping DP

just working on a thing right now. just gonna keep scribbling this i guess
speaking of, tuckerskobolds.com

Love your stuff

I actually played a Kobold Monk recently in Pathfinder, and it went really well.

I'm one of the most experienced players in my group, and we were getting some new rookies with this round of campaigning, so I was asked to be more of a support & skill fill for the newer guys who would invariably play their class straight with little deviance. So instead of playing a Dwarvish or Human monk, I picked a Kobold Monk. And not just any Kobold, a Carnation Scale Kobold.

And I played him like a tiny typhoon of fury & fists.

It's worth noting that Pathfinder Kobold culture is very much made up of racial hatred for anything but Kobolds and Dragons. The fact that he was A) a pink Kobold, and B) a heavy martial class, meant that he was literally for all intents and purposes a walking talking contradiction. Just take a Cutebold and make him a candidate for the Angry Marines.

We started off by clearing out some demonic possession on a tree spirit by stomping the shit out of it and it's animated fruit goblins. I spent most of that game just CCing everything in sight with stunning strike & similar status effects. At the end I even managed to avoid pissing off a druidic deity via knowledge: religions. The second session I played it a little more in character, and fucked off when we arrived on an island where locals were being harassed by sea serpents & pissed off sea dragon deities. Needless to say my character hopped on the whole dragon deity bit, and even smacked the shit out of one of our teammates for hitting on the daughter of one of the deities in an incredibly trashy manner (she was hiding among the native population to avoid her enraged father). He got rewarded at the end with draconic features, and electric elemental damage, which really reinforced the typhoon fury bit. We had quite a bit of fun with that campaign, but by the end of it I was woefully underpowered, being a small creature.

>that image
That's fucking adorable.

This is now my new magical realm. Thanks a lot, you bastard op :D

Some of these kobolds are absolutely cute.

I've searched a lot for Knip Runtweed's story. Do you have a screencap or a link?

Apologies for not posting kobold pics, I'm at work.
So, I've found multiple homebrew kobold races for DnD 5e. Which ones do you guys like?

i love kobolds!

im not even sure that's a kobold.

I actually don't like kobolds much, but I have some art.

Anyone nabbed a screenshot of the 'boldtube comment from the thread yesterday? :(

I've wanted to try and get a petition going around to pass on to Paizo / Wizards to change Kobolds stat-block to a more reasonable number. No one would change anything, but I think it'd be nice if they'd finally get rid of that stupid -4 STR. Even just lower it to -2 I'd be fine with- it'd be nice if they could be brought up to a reasonable little monstrous race, though- as opposed to being the absolute shit version of Goblins.
"But muh natural armurr"

Any kobold featuring Web comics besides dark paves and that other one that artist has?

I need more pixel art

if someone made a coloring book of images like this I would be delighted

Was that the one with the Umbrella of Holding? Nah, don't have that one, sorry.

This thread needs more titty lizards.

>titty
Mammals get out.

Na, they're not tits, they're storage compartments. The left side is a canteen full of booze and the right one is a money pouch.

You're wrong
Unless she can lactate gold and booze
...Can she?

>...Can she?
A 10,000 year dragon lead breeding program lead to her

She looks like a Kobold.

She looks like a Kobold I'd like to get to know.

Dat comic is precious

>those egg laying hips
>those hugging hands

What's this from?

Agreed.

Dark Places. It's a crop from the last page posted before the author abandoned it

I miss that comic.

>Really enjoy Kobolds and like their cuteness, lewdness, and occasion horrible monsterousness all around
>Already have lizard men in my setting and have no idea how I'm going to justify both

One lives on another continent. Early on a common ancestor migrated and they evolved differently.

Only now are the kobolds beginning to show up on the other continent after sneaking aboard trade ships to loot, but then the ship left port with them on board.

What's there to justify? They can be at least as different from each other as humans and dwarfs or halflings or whatever.

Well I don't really have dwarves or halflings either, but I would ask for feedback on this idea;
>Eggs of lizardmen determine their size
>Hotter temperatures decrease the size of the resulting baby and bring out more draconian traits, though obviously there is lower limit of how cold it can be or else baby won't develop
>Lizardmen grow their children in warm spring waters or in large compost heaps; makes 7 and a half foot tall lizard men
>Humans sometimes steal or buy slave - eggs from the lizard people, put them in blankets on their beds or next to fire places; hatches into 4 foot tall little cute kobolds
>Rarely humans raise the eggs in a really hot place or a Wizard keeps a special Fite burning around the egg for maximum heat; hatches into tiny 1 foot tall at most knuckle dragons, which actually have fire breath. Basically Mushu.

How does this work?

Long ago, a group of Dwarves and a group of Lizard men were at war with one another. Their war was so great and terrible that it brought the mountains down around them, trapping them all in a cavern deep, deep underground. The two sides decided that they would need to work together in order to survive, and, one thing leading to another, they eventually began interbreeding.

Thusly, a race of Shortstack Kobolds was born.

MMM, KOBOLD THREAD! COMMENCING DUMP!

>that helmet

Now I want to make Kobolds like Spiral Knights

So you could say that that's it, you're sick of all this "shittier version of goblins" bullshit that's going on right now? You could say that you think Kobolds deserve much better than that? Much, much better than that? And you have a statblock you're proposing for Kobolds?

>scaly garbage 3ebolds

Remove lizard

AAAAND I'm out.

Shit. Is there a way to play one of these guys in 5e? I've always loved kobolds and lizardfolk