Tell me about the Space Wolves.

Are they elite?

No

To both

They're wolves... IN SPACE

What do you mean when you say elite.

You know what I mean.

>multi-wolf drifting

I've heard how some absolutely despise that model, but I think that it looks like 40k-style Santa Claus is coming in his metal-as-fuck flying wolf chariot to lay the smackdown on some poor fools

You mean the Space Corgis, they're alright I guess

That depends; do you rate them?

Yeah

>inb4 small legs

They were so OP in 2nd edition, it was ridiculous. They just had better stats than regular marines and didn't cost much more in points.

if people took 40k for the 80s sci fi cheese that it is supposed to be, then the model is awesome

Yeah but you cant blame the audience, especially newer players when the creators set out to make the setting super serious business.

A thing I hate when people complain about the SW is that some of them say "Once they weren't wolfwolfwolf, it's the 5th edition codex that ruined them"

That's bullshit. They have always been wolfy. They used to have wolf totems, sergeants with a prosthetic leg shaped like a wolf paw and pelts literally everywhere

Is he Svane Vulfbad?

Trust me, that's not the case. Check the Codexes, and try to keep an critical eye. One thing is symbolism done..... tastefully, another is Wolf Wolf WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF like they did. Likewise the BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD for the Blood Angels.

Seriously, I do think the guy responsible for names at GW in the past 10 years should be skinned alive.

In comparison to some, they are perhaps elite
In particular regard, they are definitely the most replete
For amongst all of the Emperor's armies and fleets
None has quite so many fleas.

>tfw just started 40k a few months ago
>tfw picked space wolves because I like wolves and vikings
>tfw loving my decision
>tfw unironically going to put this model in my 1850 pt army because he is awesome and have him lead my army into battle

I'm so keen to have this happen

>tfw I would do the same, but every time I see his profile I remember all the cool rules he has lost with the 7th edition codex.
It's almost as bad as when I look at the runic weapons
In the 5th edition codex that weapon was the shit. In the little period between 7th edition and the release of the new SW codex it basically made the SW the best army to stop psychic powers

well me being new to the hobby and all I don't care about good or bad. it just seems like a fun thing to do, having santa going around on a murderous rampage. I don't have anything to compare to previously anyways

The are the most elite chapter, the most numerous chapter, the most loyal thaper, the chapter least beholden to the bureaucracy, the chapter holding the most advanced weapons technology, the most physically savage chaoter, the chapter with the most independence and individual heroics afforded it's warriors, the most disciplined chapter, the chapter most intolerant of psykers, and their rune priests are the greatest wielders of the warp.

SW are retarded shit for 8 year olds.
Also, the biggest mary sues in 40k, surpassing ultramarines and tau by a large margin.

Show us on this puppet where the evil wolf has touched you

Also
>calling the SW worse Mary Sue than the Ultra "Every other chapter wants to be like them, fuck their original primarch" marines

>most elite
utramarines
>most numerous
black templars, maybe dark angels from a certain perspective
>most loyal
ultramarines again
>least beholden
probably minotaurs
>most advanced
iron hands, probably
>physically savage
flesh tearers, most blood angels successors
>most independence
marines errant
>individual heroics
astral knights
>most disciplined
another for the ultramarines
>intolerant
black templars again
>greatest wielders
probably blood ravens, though IIRC mephiston is supposed to be the strongest librarian

u tried bud

They have a lot of loyalty for a hired wolf.

DIGANOBZ

>>most numerous
>black templars, maybe dark angels from a certain perspective
After the last retcon I wouldn't be so sure, since now they are only "slightly more then 1000", while the SW have 12 companies all composed of "more than 100"

Here is the thing about Space Wolves, they ARE elite, but not for the reasons that most think.

Yes, they have better equipment and special shit when compared to most chapters, but most chapters aren't a first founding chapter. Even when compared to the other first foundings, those other chapters had to give equipment and relics to their new successors so that they can have a leg up. Space Wolves never had to do that shit, because their geneseed is ass and as such got to keep all those cool toys that everyone else wish they had. Their members are obviously going to be better than the average Joe marine, but that's only because frost swords and terminator armor are literally swarming all over the chapter and are widely available.

In terms of character? There really isn't a good excuse. Logan Grimnar can be a big ass hero, why not. Dante and Calgar are as well, but the general opinion i've seen of Dante is generally positive even when he's pulled off some crazy shit before. The problem lies in that everyone is a big ass hero, because they're special with the Canis Helix. The problem isn't that they have such good equipment that is widely available, it's that instead of using shit like that they use literal wolves as allies in war. The problem isn't that there are people like Ragnar who are special from the start, every chapter has people like that, it's that everyone in the Space Wolves chapter is the best of the best when most could just settle for them being a little better than other chapters, and that's only against ones that aren't first/second founding.

>Least Beholden
>Minotaurs

Huh. I thought Minotaurs were heavily implied to be hatchet-men for the High Lords of Terra/possibly the Inquisition.

>most elite
grey knights
>most loyal
grey knights
>greatest wielders
grey knights

almost

The last part of your post is more indicative of the ultramarines to be honest

He did say the bureaucracy. I figured by that logic, them being the hatchet men gave them the most leeway to get done what was necessary.

Good points, actually. I totally forgot about them. They are kind of a special case, though; I usually don't think to lump them in with the rest of the space marines.

They have the most leeway, once the order has been given they can pretty much do whatever they want, including taking any equipment and recruits they like after the battle is over.

HUMIE

WOOSH

>Even when compared to the other first foundings, those other chapters had to give equipment and relics to their new successors so that they can have a leg up. Space Wolves never had to do that shit, because their geneseed is ass and as such got to keep all those cool toys that everyone else wish they had.
That's not completely true. They had ONE successor chapter, to which they gave literally half of everything, just to later lose it when Leman Russ disappeared and the whole successor chapter started mutating that once implied that the SW had a connection to Fenris because Leman Russ was so tied to it and the mutations had a similar origin to the Black Rage of the BA. Then the BL fucked it up by saying that Russ actually hated Fenris and the SW are bound to the planet because, what a coincidence, all the citizen of Fenris already have the Canis Helix
Thus they have technically lost half of their shit in the very beginning.

Also, as wrote, the last part looks more about the UM than the SW

They were founded by the Primarch Lemon-Leem-Leman-FUCK!