Dark Souls Board Game

>Control+F
>Dark Souls
>0 Results
>Search
>0 Results

Let's fix that right up.

Have you backed yet? What's stopping you? What do you think of the general mechanics? Did your favorite boss get in? Who else do you want to see added? What add-ons are you getting? Is the Darkroot expansion worth the price to you? Are you leaving your minis as is or painting them?

I have a feeling someone is backing this just to get a Dancer to hotglue

No. No money.
Damage avoidance is a great idea but stamina eating into health is very iffy. Maybe it will work better in play, since we've only seen one fight with no items or equipment.
I love the goddamn Pursuer and was so disappointed he got shafted in the original game.

Would be cool if the Pursuer had a mechanic to intrude on any encounter leading up to it but I doubt it'd be in the official rules. Maybe someone will come up with a system for that

Op here. The designers seems to be depending on the community to create custom campaigns for specific kinds of sessions. Seems like a good way to get some fanfiction inspired encounters in, like Artorias+Ornstein or something

I backed when it didn't have any stretch goals reached yet.

>tfw I can't wait for all these free figures to come in
I'm gonna need a shit ton of paint. I'm suspecting that I'm gonna need a lot of silver, especially for those Silver Knights.

I backed three days after since that's when I heard about it. I had backed not even ten minutes after learning of it.

I'm really bad at painting metals so I've got to brush up (heh) on my skills. Do you have a good resource to refer to?

Also, I look forward to painting these invaders. Going with base black blended into a bright or neon red to recapture that red glow in the games.Going to test it out on some spare minis later today

Also I had really looked forward to getting Gaping and Kalameet but I may or may not be losing my job soon so I don't know if I'd be able to spare the cash. The Darkroot set is easily confirmed for me, although I hate the increased price. Comes with more stuff to offset it though

Sif better not be on the goddamn rock on the final mini.

Definitely backing it. It's an amazing deal at this point. I'm surprised Veeky Forums hasn't been talking more about it. So far for the base price we're getting the core game and five expansions, and we'll probably have at least one more expansion included by the end of the campaign. That's ridiculous and awesome.

I also like how the maker is really listening to input from the community. They do have to be careful about that and not pay too much attention, but it seems they're hitting a good balance.

So far I'm in for the core game, a mega boss, and the dark root expansion. If they have any more expansions I'll probably go for those. I'd prefer at this point some sort of environmental expansion or something that gives some vertical height to the board. (they said they are planning this for after kickstarter)

Would also lose my shit if this happened. Curious to see if he'll have Artorias's sword, making them both wielding the same sword.

>vertical height to the board
Honestly sounds really cool. Reminds me of the game I never get to talk about or play more than once a year, Heroscape.

Also looking forward to Nito and Seathe if they ever get minis. They better fucking get them.

Yeah Heroscape's pretty cool. I like games that aren't just flat boards and cards. It adds to the atmosphere of the game, and atmosphere is pretty important for DS.

If I wanted to play Dark Souls, I would play Dark Souls
>People only want this because Dark Souls is too hard for them

I want it because I like minis and I like Dark Souls and this is giving me an ASSLOAD of DS minis.

Or because they think playing a board game version of dark souls could be awesome.

Looking through the content, it looks like Dark Souls 3 actually has the least content out of the three games so far. Hope that changes

I'm backing it purely for the minis. The dungeon crawler mechanics honestly seem pretty meh, I'm disappointed they went such a safe and generic direction with the design. But goddamn those minis.

they said they're loading those towards the end of the campaign (and afterwards) because they don't want to spoil anyone.

I'm fairly sure the minis are why 80% of the people are backing it. The rules lite board game is just a bonus to me

Oh I had no idea they stated that. Hope they don't wait too long. There's only a little over a week left. I hope there's a big surge of donations as well for snag more stretch goals right at the last minute

I want it because I really like the Dark Souls series.
>hopeless aesthetic
>ambiguous lore
>hard as fuck
>unfriendly to the consumer-tard demographic
>cool character/boss/enemy design

Having models and a board game of an iconic video game franchise is cool. I want to make my friends that never played DS feel the burn.

There will be, thats how kickstarters work. They'll probably get $250-500k in the final week. Possibly more if they reveal Nito, Gwyn, Quelaag, etc.