That guy thread

That guy thread.

>Playing 5e D&D
>Can't remember what class he played but he had the ability to turn invisible
>Every battle he turns invisible and runs away
>Every town we get to we're greeted with "I turn invisible and [Insert shenanigans here]"
>Campaign involves people who may or may not be Norse Gods
>Get hold of magic Asgardian weaponry
>Only those of Asgard are able to work the magic
>That guy is determined to make them work for him
>They don't even compliment his class
>Get to next town
>I want to see if I can get a magic ring from a wizard. *knocks on wizards door
>no
>I want to try another wizards house. *knocks on door*
>no
>I want to try a third wizards house
>The wizard angrily throws a ring at him
>That guy see's through the GM's plan
>What does it do?
>Put it on and find out.
At this point the entire game has been him and the DM talking for 10 mins
>I don't want to. I want to turn invisible, wait in an alley and knock out a woman (he specified woman) so I can put the ring on her and see what it does
>Rest of the group is very annoyed at this point, start telling him about how rapey and weird that sounds
>He gets defensive and sulks for the rest of the campaign

The GM is probably the best I've played with, and doesn't usually get derailled, but he's too much of a nice guy

Next campaign I was the DM, he played a theif
>"I try to pick their pocket" on every NPC
>Every time he gets pocket lint
>Second session in and he's got a sizable collection of pocket lint
>wind up in a Colosseum
>Starts fighting a Purple Wurm with another player who rolled a Paladin
>Gets pissy when one of the Wurms two attacks gets through his AC and hits him
>Its not hitting the cleric!
>That's becuase the Cleric has a far higher AC and also luck of the dice rolls
>They win but he mumbles under his breath about being targeted

Christ alive I hate thief players who treat it as they have to steal everything that isn't nailed down. It's far better when they are more opportunistic.

Thinking about it, he shares something in common with every "That guy" I've ever played with.

They think they're funny, but they're not and they try far too hard to make the rest of the group, who are usually legitimately amusing, laugh

Also in the Colosseum
>I want to pick pocket a key off the guards
>You attempt to, but there is no key
>after the battle, you attempt to pick pocket the guards
>There is no key

I get that sometimes it's nice to have outside of the box ways of getting around a problem, but he wasn't getting the message that clearly trying to pick pocket a key isn't one of them.

That's just shitty DMing. Clearly he wants to pick pockets. He thinks it would be fun to pick someone's pocket, get something useful, and help the party. Why don't you want him to have fun? Do you somehow lose something if he gets to play a pickpocket?

>You should have handed him a means of escape on a plate
>You should have allowed him to get stuff from his whacky "pick pocket everyone lol" style of gameplay, even though it was grating on the other players.

He did get stuff out of pick pocketing, but not every fucking time he tried it. And it happened literally every new town, every NPC

>And it happened literally every new town, every NPC

And people weren't catching him in the act? No one called for the city guard? None of your NPCs have friends in the area? You just had these NPCs stand there and let him rifle through his pockets like a Skyrim character?

If a player learns that a tactic is a consequence-free method for getting neat stuff, he'll use it every time.

He didn't open with it, and he always rolled sneak. He just happened to get lucky on the rolls 8 or 9 times in a row

The one time he failed is how they all ended up in prison to be sent to the Colosseum where he tried to pick pocket the guards.

Next time if you're a player cut him off and move the party on, and demand the GM to pay attention to the main party.

If the GM don't let that guy play a rogue.

The one That Guy I dealt with as GM was exactly this. All the issues stemmed from his deep desire to be funny, but the dude's a total sperg and his idea of humor is to make one mildly amusing joke and then run it into the ground.

That and he didn't understand why his16 Charisma didn't let him tell anyone anything and they'd immediately believe it, even when a bloodied, armed band of mercenaries with a sack full of goblin parts shows up at the town gates in the middle of the night, and he tells the guard that they're a traveling circus.

> he didn't understand why his16 Charisma didn't let him tell anyone anything and they'd immediately believe it

Jesus Christ, this.

>only wants to play Human Fighter
>hates any non-human characters

Normally I would think this was an interesting RP aspect but he just goes too far with it

>had to make a second character to play as well as his first human fighter, had to pursuade him that we didn't need two fighters
>made us do most of his second character cause he couldn't be bothered to do anything more than assign his points and pick his spells, race and class
>his characters are literally called "i'mhorny" and "fuckmyass", and he gets pissy if we don't call them that (when we made the second one we called her Evanwood, he literally crosses it out and writes "fuckmyass" next to it)
>he turned up 3 and a half hours after we originally expected him to
>game finally starts, he immediately wants to rape my Dwarf Paladin DMPC, gives all his gemstones trying to bribe a crew member on the ship for a key to her room
>nearly burns down the ship they were on trying to fight a monk, a sorcerer, a paladin and twenty Kobolds by himself (luckily Pyrotechnics requires a fire to cast it on)
>his problem solving skills boil down to "I turn invisible" as sorcerer and "I hit it with my great-axe" as fighter

Did you know that Victorian gentlemen used to line their coat pockets with needles that pointed inwards, so a pickpocket would get their hand trapped inside if they tried to steal something?

Just an interesting little fact to consider...

>new group
>most players go for characterful backgrounds and interesting but suboptimal builds
>that guy turns in sheet
>half orc rape baby barbarian
>from "the princess of the most powerful human kingdom"
>spends the entire game with his character sulking in the background
>kills stuff just for loot, searches every half naked goblin for loot regardless of the poor loot previously.

Found out later he plays WoW. Kinda figures.

>criminal necromancer employs zombie pickpockets
>zombie gets hand caught in needlepocket
>doesn't notice
>Drags gentleman by his coat all the way to the hideout

I hate the whole 'I rolled high so that means I win' thing. I have to re-explain to my players every few weeks that rolls just determine if you succeed at something which was possible in the first place. If a guard is absolutely dead-set on not letting anyone other than a few known individuals through a door, a nat20 isn't going to help your cause any.

In Death House right now and the rogue won't shut the fuck up about how he owns the place now after he found the deed. (He thinks it's hilarious that he's the owner now)

And for some reason he's choosing not to tell us about the cult of Osybus I guess because he's too focused on not understanding how fucking deeds work.

He didn't know the rules for lock picking either. I think he gave himself expertise in Sleight of Hand because he thought you used it to pick locks.

Stop inviting him, you spineless twat.

>If a guard is absolutely dead-set on not letting anyone other than a few known individuals through a door, a nat20 isn't going to help your cause any.

That's fair, but failed actions should at least move the action forward. It's challenging, but you should try to think of a way that the player's action can have some impact and help things progress, even if the thing he wants to do is worthless. For example, the guard could say something like, "Nope, only Gwin'blead, Zireal and Zoltan Chivay are allowed through this door." Now the players have some information to go on, at least. Or he and his buddies could try to take them into custody, and players being players, this leads to a fight, and they end up killing the guards to get in. Just anything other than "no dude, that doesn't work."

I mean, it's harder to do, but it keeps the game from stagnating when your players are idiots.

>not kicking him out the second he tries to insist on a character called "fuckmyass"
>not calling him a raging faggot and throwing him to the curb when he pulled that rape stunt
>not realizing that your story was fake all along

Yeah I do all that stuff, though the players still get upset that nat20s aren't skeleton keys to bypass encounters. It's good advice to put out there though.

I've got a player in my campaign who keeps using his Awakened Mind (5e).
Normally this is fine, and he even did something super cool with it (found out the BBEGs plans for his prisoners while the party was trying to get him to admit it). But he's also done some dumb shit. They captured a guy and while they're figuring out what to do with him/what to ask him in their interrogation, he used his telepathy to talk to the guy. The guy offered for the PC to join him, and said some crazy demon shit so the PC threw him in a fire to kill him. Still has no explained why to the PCs or the players. Well, nothing more than "trust me he had info you didn't want to know".
He recently asked me if convincing a child to fight for him with the Awakened Mind would be Chaotic Evil.

>be me, 18
> a guy who is a friend of a friend offered to run a campaign using 4e
>make a human damage wizard
>literally describe him as "fat and smug"
>make a shitty drawing
>don't even think about backstory
>make up a goddess he worships based on an animu character Yuki Nagato
>ask the guy who offered to run it if I can add "hobby: likes fiddling with locks" to the character description to get a bonus to... lockpicking... whatever, not like I read the Rogue description anyway
>shitpost in Skype chat with dank meems

>now 5 years later I realize I would've been That Guy if the game actually happened

In my defence, it was the first (and only) time I tried tabletop, the game didn't happen in the end, and two guys in the group wanted to make Dark Elf dualwielders.

Give him consequences to his actions, you spineless, milquetoast little nu-male.

The fuck? Consequences how? The only people who saw it happen were the PCs. I reprimanded him for it sure, but it's not like I can have a town guard charge out and arrest him. And I'm not gonna control his agency. The biggest consequence (that's already gonna happen) is that they didn't find out a vital piece of info. I wasn't looking for advice, just sharing a story.

Should note, it was in the wilderness, and the closest town was currently being raided by bandits.

heh
You made me chuckle user.

>had to pursuade him that we didn't need two fighters
For what purpose

Yeah, this resonates with the That Guy of my last group. Pulled very similar shenanigans, and all in the service of "lol so funny". But somehow being funny was always:

-Threatening NPC's
-Threatening party members
-Doing as little as possible to help the party
-Only looking out for one's own interests
-Being incredibly thin-skinned about taking hits, physical or mental

I've seen people less upset about their character dying than this guy over taking 1 HP damage during a training fight. I'm not even kidding.

I was 11, and I'd been invited by a friend to play D&D, with his dad DMing.
I played a cleric, and it wasn't bad (Jozan, i think it was, the standard one)

It was all pretty calm, and at one point I got a wand of disintegration as a piece of loot. I thought it was cool, but as I was focussing on close-quarters combat and healing, I tended to forget about it. Then we went up against an ogre at level 2 (3 PCs), and were struggling, and the DM stands up and yells at me, going
"Use the wand! Use the bloody wand! You're not taking this seriously enough. Stop forgetting about stuff and trying to be funny, and start acting like it matters!"

I was 11, this guy was like, 44

>forgetting you have a wand of DISINTEGRATION at level 2

You were dumb as a box of rocks, even for an 11 year old.

You were both faggots.

Because 11 year olds are well known for making good decisions, and being sensible people overall. I'm pretty sure everyone did some pretty faggy things they regret at 11. It was my first game, I was getting caught up in the whole killing stuff thing

>Sleight of Hand isn't used for lock picking

It can be, if you want to pick it silently or a complex lock within a single round. Depends on the DM and lock/trap though.

Sleight of Hand is by-far the best expertise for rogues, specifically if they plan on going Thief. You don't really take 10s or 20s on Sleight of Hand, it's normally always rolled and failing it can result in bad stuff or a wasted turn. If you can start beating high DCs reliably, you'll take your chances with yanking all sorts of items, even holding. Stealing a magic-user's spell pouch or a primary weapon can effectively nullify an opponent.

>That's fair, but failed actions should at least move the action forward.
Go back to playing FATE.

>there are people who think it's fun when the players sit there with a thumb up their ass because they miss the plot relevant check by 1, and don't even try to throw them a fucking bone.
We call those people "that guys".

>was trying 5e
>player gets into arguments about rules
>want to wrestle / grapple ogre
>does so
>his character only has 10 strength
>i tell them there is no way he can do this even with high rolls
>thanks to shitty rolls he manages to
>tell him it doesn't happen
>he gets into arguments
>i tell him I am GM and I do not want it to happen
>he starts whining about some anime where this shit happens
>I tell him that this isn't fucking attack on titan, your shitty little girl character cannot be a bad-ass because of your cuntish white knight attitude
>shitfling ensues
>call him a fat kike even though he isn't jewish
>another player is
>tell them all to get the fuck out of my house
>this was last night

I am so sick of the randomness of d20 as well. There should be NO WAY that you can grapple such a large creature. Fuck even the GURPS rules probably negate this shit.

What this faggot did IS EQUIVALENT to unironically trying to pull off the "healing with drowning" rule in 3.5.

It is absolute bullshit and I will not tolerate it.

>Game is advertised as pretty casual, some drinking during game
>That Guy cannot handle his booze; but of course cannot be convinced of this
>one day, gets smashed, pulls down his pants, and urinates all over the game table, everyone's character sheets, and the minis.
>gets kicked out.

To be fair though,it's a fun story to recount.

>Letting him roll when you don't think it should happen to begin with
>Not giving him disadvantage
>actually using terms like kike outside of Veeky Forums
>disbarring an entire group because of one guy
>that pic
I don't know, you sound like the bigger faggot in this story.

I honestly can't tell if this is bait.

Your group sounds a bit shit, and you sound like an overbearing, needlessly insulting manchild.

Man, that's not something from just narrative rpgs. It's basic good GMIng

Probably safer to ignore it, either way.

>lol there's nothing in the rules that say you can't take actions while you're dead!

Is there anything else that is more conclusive fucking proof that RAW arguments are fucking retarded?

This extends to fucking board games too. For fucks sake there are loads of board games that say something is dead but don't say it can't fight anymore. I am so sick of these autistic rules where people find little tiny nitpicks to justify rules-light bullshit. This applies to GURPS, D&D 3.5, Unisystem, d6 System, fucking everything with a lot of rules. Or without.

TLDR: RAW is shit. If you are making the argument "it is in the rules" when the rules contradict reality, reality wins every fucking time. No I don't care if you have a +55 to grapple, YOU CANNOT WRESTLE A DRAGON. END OF STORY. IT VIOLATES THE LAWS OF PHYSICS WITH NO MAGICAL EXPLANATION.

Fortunately I have another group I can play Dungeon World with, but this is still very angering and disappointing.

Yup. You're right. This is either the baitiest bait or crippling autism.

To be honest, I just want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

RAW arguments are fucking retarded, true.
But at the same time there was no need to be a fucking cunt to everyone not involved in that.

>NO MAGICAL EXPLANATION.
This caveat always irks me.
So reality wins if the rules contradict reality, but let's include a bunch of rules that are specifically devoted to breaking reality?
Suddenly a set of 'gloves of grappling' give you the magical ability to throw dragons around, while Mr. McBodyslam over there can't do it despite having trained his entire life to do this in a magical world where dragons breathe fire and waving your hands can make food?

I always think of it as "in-game reality is more important than our world reality"
So in a game about high fantasy superheroics, a guy who's trained his whole life for it and is high level should be able to wrestle a dragon. While if the game is meant to be more grounded and low powered than that, I'd disallow grappling a dragon.

Everyone was involved. It was not a 1 on 1 argument. These shitheads have been trying pull this since day one. Rules Lawyers. The rules are bullshit. They allow such retarded shit to happen, I would really like to kill the developers of 5e AND 3.5 with a fucking machine gun, i am SO FUCKING SICK of this chaotic randumb shit. At least it wasn't savage worlds with the fucking exploding dice where they roll like 6 raises and then go LOLOL I BLEW UP THE UNIVERSE WITH THAT SHOTGUN BLAST i'll show you a fucking shotgun blast you guffawing motherfuckers fuck you.

>TLDR: RAW is shit. If you are making the argument "it is in the rules" when the rules contradict reality, reality wins every fucking time. No I don't care if you have a +55 to grapple, YOU CANNOT WRESTLE A DRAGON. END OF STORY. IT VIOLATES THE LAWS OF PHYSICS WITH NO MAGICAL EXPLANATION.

I don't disagree with your premise, generally (RAW isn't absolute, it must be adjusted for every table).

I do think your following point is a perfect example of Guy at the Gym Fallacy. If a high level Wizard can materialize fire from nothing or even more powerful effects, why can't a high level warrior wrestle a dragon?

Why can your Circe turn all of Odysseus' men into pigs, but your Odysseus can't charm the pants off of goddesses to rescue his men nor can he effectively battle Scylla and Charybdis to get back home? Seems like there are unlimited magical bs explanations right there (grapple mod +55 is a good enough magical reason, I'm just so damn good at this thing it's magic, made by the flexing of muscles (that's how the 3.5 Wizards do it anyway, they just understand how they're doing it: somatic/verbal components)) for the taking and you're still bothered for some silly reason.

Hello virt.

I'd suggest not running 5e or 3.5 if you don't like ridiculous animu shit happening in your game.
The rules are generally designed so a person with a +55 grapple check can grapple a dragon. The reality of the gameworld isn't always the same as the reality of our world. Different games are meant to simulate different kinds of reality so I'd suggest using different systems if you have a hardon for realism.

I have two mild-mannered That Guys in my group.
One tries to wiggle and game for every single advantage he can get, which is annoying enough on its own, but I'm already bending the game's rules to give them advantages I think make sense, it gets pretty grating. Even more so when I'm having to shut down one suggestion four times. He also talks a bunch of crap and makes up all sorts of inconsistent stories to justify it. I never call him on this because it's hilarious to hear what new thing his parents were or have years of experience with each month and how this somehow bestows a level of knowledge to him that makes his position unassailable. That's ignoring the pile of crap he turns into when it comes to MtG.
The other is a "lolsorandum" player notched up to 11. Like, to the degree of crushing up a bunch of tacos, planting some of the mess to make a taco tree, and then throwing the rest of the mess into a jar with a pickling solution and then planting the jar to make a pickled taco tree. All while giggling to himself so much that he could barely get the words out. He's also really bad at trying to explain his opinions, which in most cases isn't an issue. He's just not a very social guy, it sucks. The problem is that he gets frustrated when he explains something poorly and nobody else can make sense of it.
They both get into all sorts of ridiculous arguments that are so asinine they make me want to injure small prairie animals.
Not quite. Just a repost.
Now, I don't know if the original was bait or if it actually happened, but I certainly remember that thread being quite a spectacle.

>DMPC

To be fair, you deserve it

I think you're living in a TBS show

>Now, I don't know if the original was bait or if it actually happened, but I certainly remember that thread being quite a spectacle.
I was there when that happened. Most anons came to the conclusion that while the players were acting like shitheads, OP was just being a cunt, then he left in a huff.

But that's not how that works. Those six raises mean you one shot the wild card and or minion, describing an incapacitating blow. I'm sorry your players couldn't understand that.

>the players were acting like shitheads, OP was just being a cunt

My experience has been that shitty players and shitty DMs tend to find each other. My players are all rad as hell, we have a great time. Every once in a while I'll join some other person's game, and invariably a shitty DM will have shitty players who come every week just to shit on each other. It's pretty simple, really—the only people who will put up with a shit DM are shit players.

Our group hasn't really decided on a permanent DM yet, it was my turn and I made my adventure transition from the previous. Both my characters were removed from the adventure before anything happened (when they arrived at the island they were going to, they both left the party to do something else)

Actually in RAW there's a rule against that. If you try and grapple something two or more size categories above you, it automatically fails.

Not that I think playing RAW isn't dumb, just that in this case there is a rule.

>always wants to play a good naive preteen character
>always tries to fuck a ton of people as that character
>always tries to murder random people for no reason
>backs up all his actions with "well he's a little boy and he doesnt know any better"
i'm afraid to ask what happened during his childhood, at this point.

I know I'm responding to bait, but to anyone who reads this and thinks it isn't RAW, it is, as long as the PC was Medium size (Read: Not a gnome or halfling) and the ogre was Large size (Read: Not unusual homebrew shit) and as far as it being 'impossible', some jerk just used one of their arms to grab the ogre's legs. Oggy can break away easily (unless the dice gods are cruel) on his own time, or just stand there and crump the git with his club at no disadvantage.

So what's the lame excuse for not kicking him from the group.

He's someone's friend/significant other?
He's someone's ride?
You play at his house?

It should be a rule that any and all That Guy posts must also include the reason that the person hasn't been kicked from the group (if they haven't been).

>forcing a check that's important to the narrative in the first place

that is also a sign of a shit DM.
and unfortunately it does happen.

>Playing Mage 20th
>That guy joins at second session, one of the group knew him, told us he was familiar with the game and setting
>His mage has Entropy
>"hey guys my mage has entropy wich means I know the probabilities of something happening, so I made this Excel program that calculates the chances of every possible roll, so I can run it before I try to do something"
>wtf.jpg
>we try to politely explain why that's ullshit
>tries to justify it with something in the book
>mfw

he didn't use the thing but he displayed That guy behavior during the whole campaign

What kind of that guy behavior?

A bunch of High School friends I GM'd for had this bloody annoying habit of doing the exact opposite of what I kept hoping they'd do, seemingly just because they enjoyed watching me get pissed off.
For instance.
1) I start them out in the single most peaceful place in the entire setting (the not!Shire), so every single one of them comes up with a backstory involving violence and slavery. I explain to them that Halflings (which they were all playing) are some of the most tolerant people in the setting so they all decide to become the most over-the-top /pol/-tier racists who immediately launch a campaign of genocide.
2) Running Dark Heresy. They ignore their orders at every opportunity, openly declare to a crowd of people that they are the Inquisition not thirty seconds after being ordered to remain undercover, try to throw around authority that they well know they don't have, and they all become heretics by the end of session 4.
3) Rogue Trader. After a month they've broken off all contact with the Imperium and become Tau loyalists.
4) Warhammer Fantasy - pigheadedly try to use science and reason to solve problems which are magical in nature, meaning sessions have devolved into accommodating their fucking around while npc's solve everything in the background.

Many of the ones named in this thread basically.
Every time there is a female NPC he asked "is she hot?" Trying to be funny/witty through his character. Expecting rolls to simply "make things happen". His character didn't have any background or personality whatsoever... that kind of stuff

Reminds me of this one fellow who I once played with. He used telepathy to talk to undead mummies in a catacomb, and when we got to the boss mummy's lair, what does he say to the mummy?
>Sorry, we have to kill you now.

What are those things in the picture?

I know I have to be one of these, but when it actually works, it makes it work it.

worth it, fuck me

Space Pirates from Metroid.

>calculates the chances of every possible roll
Why would you even need that? Isn't it easy enough to see that it's an X% chance of success from the DC?

It's oWoD, probability is fucked up there.
Also
>DCs
>dice pool and success-based system

Not in dicepool systems like WoD.

If you're too pussy to kick him out, you deserve it.

I've been there, user.
Difference between us is that I got 3 sessions in before the group fell apart.

I have a That Guy story, who was one of my best friends back in high school, probably why I let him get away with so much.
>Playing D&D 3.5
>Some brings me a fucking Half-Dragon Paladin
>"user, is this alright"
>Look closely at the character sheet
>notice that his strength is FUCKING 32
>"user, I get that from being large and blablahalhalhah munckinning"
>level 1 game
>somehow after countless bitching I say alright.
>justfuckmylife.jpg
>first combat and the fucker is grabbing and eating people
>I claim this is a evil action
>He says that his religion allows it
>religion is just Draconic Pelorian
>That Guy claims that Pelor is alright with it
>Not much else happens, as party is also fucking overpowered, such as doppelganger with insane bluff, and werewolf swordsage of doom, who just suplexed the shit out of his enemies.
>Maybelifeisalright.jpg
>that guy stops showing up
>suddenly comes up at the end of our fifth session
>proceeds to steal the treasure chest for the other two players and FUCKING EATS IT
>mfw
>I claim he needs to stop being a fucking cunt and eating things/people
>Bitches and moans
>kick him out
I don't know why, but every time I had a campaign with the group someone would suddenly develop a vore fetish or something.

You are actually a fucking awful DM, user.
Or a bait master.

Kill yourself

I might have been a that guy
>be me
>get invited to play rouge trader on roll20 by tumblr friends
>its my first game I just pick what I like
>roll up a tau sharpshooter
>name him Shas'la Phil
>has a bad attitude
>proceed to insult every NPC that so much as looks at me wrong
>want to fight every NPC

Geez I was a fag

What does any of that have to do with the guy you quoted?

>tumblr friends
Get out.

Then why are you even offering to run games in those systems?

Stop the "I hate tumblr" meme. These guy got me into Whammer 40k tabletop and TTRPGs in general.

>lying

What reason do I have to lie?

It doesn't work, it never does. The other players are just laughing to satiate your need for attention in the hopes that you'll shut up. That Guy behaviour is never funny to the group.

You tell me, you're the one lying.

MUSCLE WIZARDS

It's not a meme, everyone hates Tumblr.

Then go back there, faggot.

Why though? Did I miss something about it? I just use it for writing reference and art reference.

>Did I miss something about it?

I come here venting my frustration.
I am fed up with the bullshit my regular (online) group pulls up.

I've got a drama-queen who thinks RPGs are a stage to display her (bad) acting ability, writes shitty edgy and/or fetishy characters with fake depth for goddamn old-school roleplaying and spends 90% time of his DMing reading long boring descriptions because she believes she's an author. +SJW only contained by her craving attention, acknowledgment and acceptance so hard it makes it impossible to accept, acknowledge or accept her.

I've got a regular DM who thinks RPGs are videogames and does dark edgy shit with a cornish smile and talks about how dangerous he is, and when he and the other pair up, they start talking super seriously about how they do exorcisms and séances and shit on a matter-of-fact basis, talking about being buddies with Satan and shit, really middleschool level bullshit.

Then there's the fucking geranium sprout who doesn't say anything because he's shy. Yeah, he's been shy and not moving at all in his whole life since he's been born. It's ridiculous how someone can manage to fail at life this hard, and I mean I'm shy, I get very anxious when talking to new people, or in front of a crowd or whatever, but here I'm talking about someone who can't talk even in a group with only three PCs and hours of trying to discuss it and forcing him out of his shell through various exercises. And the worst is, I think he's not lying when he says he has "nothing" in mind when asked participation. He ain't dumb, but he sure is slow.

The rest are either fucking tourists who come at the last minute, never inform you of anything or are genuinely good players (as in, it's fun to play with them), but then they just don't have the time or motivation to play. Maybe because the ones who always play are shit.

In any case, I told the guy who brought me in the group that I won't be playing anymore, because I'm just not having fun.

The worst is, I've got great players that are IRL friends, but they have too different and busy schedules and live all around the place.

Back in high school, I used to play once every holiday, for two days straight, with my friends. And it was the best thing ever.

All I want is a weekly game with good players that are reliable, nice people to play with.

/Bitching Off

Shit dude

>"hey guys my mage has entropy wich means I know the probabilities of something happening, so I made this Excel program that calculates the chances of every possible roll, so I can run it before I try to do something"

If it's true that his character can magically calculate probabilities (I don't play Mage so I don't know) then I see no problem with this.

Good news is, I'll have some money this summer so hopefully I'll be able to move around a bit and try to actually grab my friends and throw them all in my flat so that we can have at least one game.

Any tips on finding/screening for new players?