Does your local game store have a dress-code?

Does your local game store have a dress-code?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vEiyBbP28g8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, but i dont mind giving them a reason to have one

No.
But there is a sign in the bathroom that goes over the finer points of personal hygene and tries to address the multitude of b/o complaints without embarrassing anyone specifically.

probably wear clothes
don't be covered in filth

>walk into flgs
>strict no falcon rule
They don't even sell lobster

No hats.
I've heard it's a long story, and I've never been told it.

Yeah, but only in the official opening hours.

No sweatpants.

lol I am a grown man. I work outside with my hands all day long. I wear a hat every day. I certainly take off my hat to eat as I am not a savage but I am not taking off my hat when I enter Ye Olde Game Shoppe. What a pointless way to alienate customers.

I am not opposed to dress codes per say at a fancy restaurant or for formal social events but a dress code at a game store reeks of neckbeardery and geek elitism.

Gee, user, I will take Fedoras and Trillbies for 500!

Besides, where I come from, only the most plebean rednecks are not taking the hat off when entering a building.

>No hats.
>I've heard it's a long story, and I've never been told it.

It's not that MAGA drama, is it?

>grown man
>Can't/won't follow a simple rule out of respect for the store's proprietor
>Would literally take him two seconds to do it

Could've fooled me buddy.

I didn't say I wouldn't follow the rule. If I was asked to leave I would comply with the owner and never patronize his store again.

Respect is a two way street. Making pointless rules and exercise your power has consequences.

Only one I know is that if you smell too bad or whatever the owner is at full discretion to tell you to leave. It's on a sign on the front door and I've never actually seen anyone get booted for that, or anything. I don't go there often though, to be fair. It's basically one of those "if you don't follow our hygiene standards you will be asked to leave" signs.

>lol
>poor punctuation
>posting on Veeky Forums

>I am a grown man

I'm a carpenter asshole.

No. I guess in my country people know how to resemble human decent beings.

Not him but most adults don't give a flying fuck for proper grammar, spelling or punctuation, and Veeky Forums is basically normie central now so none of this is a surprise.

>I'm a carpenter asshole.
I'm curious on how an anal passage manages the hammer and nails, especially if the knees or hands cannot help.

Also, is your dick an electrician?

There could be a very good reason behind the rule. But what do you care? You're more worried about your stupid ass hat to give a shit about anyone's reasoning. Why should anyone respect you? You're a random nobody chucklefuck who's proven himself to be an asshole seconds after you've walked in the door.

Maybe when you're older you'll figure out how to use the comma key? Maybe when you're even older than that you'll realize that claiming to be something on an anonymous website gives you less than zero credibility?

savage

>You're a random nobody chucklefuck who's proven himself to be an asshole seconds after you've walked in the door

Have you ever heard the saying "The customer is always right?"

It's a hat you chuckle fuck. Only reason you don't want to take it off is so that we dont see your unwashed hair.

So?

>This is what kids believe in

Yes, that's what assholes always bring in.
Mate, I will give you a clue - this never works in reality. If the store, shop or depot got rules, you follow them, or get lost. Nobody gives a flipping fuck about single person that throws a tantrum. Because there are 20 other customers to attend.

Welcome to the retail, shithead. And nice way of proving you are either too young to use this board or simply a manchild

>2016
>The customer is always right
What rural clustefuck you crawled from?

You have never worked retail, and I have severe doubts that you are employed at all.

I hope fedoras were involved

Customers, in my experience, are subhuman creatures.

No costumes, be it LARP, ren-faire, historical reenactment or whatever else. The only exception is during the festival celebrating town privileges granted in 1254, because that's when pretty much everyone is wearing the costume.

No costumes, be it LARP, ren-faire, historical reenactment or whatever else. The only exception is during the festival celebrating the anniversary of town privileges being granted, because that's when pretty much everyone is wearing the costume.

Veeky Forums here, I generally like to dress nicely when I go to gaming events at my store. Makes it easier to flirt with the skinny nerd girls that sit around bored after being dragged there by their boyfriends. Usually fuck them in my car after the event.

Yeah. It was made up in the 1900s by people who wanted to distance themselves from the doctrine of caveat emptor, where goal was to fuck over the customer as much as possible. Following either one blindly is going run you out of business.

Yeah. My LGS is right on Ft Lauderdale beach in Florida and had a ton of random people wandering in dressed in bathing suits, covered in sand and dripping of suntan lotion. Mostly they were just coming in for the A/C. Mostly they were Quebecians and New York Jew tourists.

There's no reason to lie on the internet user

That's sadly useful
Good going, LGS

A gentleman takes OFF his hat when he enters a building, sir.

I am possibly the redneckinest podunker in the world and even I know that.

I don't have a local game store. Nearest one is a half hour away and is full of no-fun spikes.

This, the only one who gets to wear hat indoors is the shopkeep. His yarmulke doesn't offend anyone.

I'm pretty sure half an hour away still counts as local.

No unconcealed weapons. No clothing that makes a political statement. As well as the usual no shirt, no shoes, no service.

I own the store.

>No clothing that makes a political statement.
Are we talking mostly just MAGA hats or also stuff like Che Guevara T-shirt and various anarchist iconography worn by punkers?

Wait, does it do it with a heavy dose of sarcasm and subtle mockery? Is it also a broom closet, in that there is a fuck load of random brooms?

Go actually work somewhere that isn't walmart or your local grocer, where you have to deal with little shits who expect you to kiss their ass because their company signed an exclusivity contract with your company, and he will be proven right very quickly. Now I won't say I don't hate the fuckers with every once of passion, and there's alot you can imply in a conversation without saying anything that can get you in the shit, but he still has a point.

>Usually fuck them in my car after the event.
>yfw

I run a business in a town with a pretty even political split and I don't want to loose any customers for reasons I could avoid. I haven't had to deal with anarchist iconography though, I think punk skipped the south, but a Che Guevara shirt would get nixed.

The only exception is Flames of War days. I encourage people to dress in the uniform of their armies commander.

Apparently, and it seems to be cargo pants and too-large T-shirts with logos on them.

You're doing good and you should feel good.

>youtube.com/watch?v=vEiyBbP28g8

Yes.
No melanoids.
No negroids.
No fatties.
No lardies.
No cucks.
No fedoras.
No non-protestants

Who here /AryanGodSoldierOfTheTrueSwastica/?
1488 kill all kikes.

What store so I can wear my Waffen-SS uniform. Just being historically correct old chap!

absolutely ebin
also does being a fatty and non-protestant mean you aren't an aryan because that would affect my answer to

I'm pretty sure an environment filled with spikes is not a healthy environment to create fun.

We have people do that. We have people go in with every uniform.

I'm trying to put one together for my early Polish army.

>dress-code

What?

Supreme/10

In a tournament being a good general impersonator should give you +1 total point.

Exactly how sure are you of that?

>literally lying on the internet

>>strict no falcon rule

HnnnnG where do you live?
Packing my bags as we speak.

Have they banned Noise yet?

No mockery or sarcasm and no brooms.

The sign itself is rather tasteful and at first it looks like it could be snide or tongue in cheek, but it was hung with the intent to help and not embarrass.

The first time I saw it, I was going to take a pic and post it if I ever wanted to make some douche comment on the state of fa/tg/uys...but after reading it I just felt kind of empty.

>Veeky Forums here

Blame the baby boomers.
Works for just about everything.

Toppest of kekest

>no falcon

What does this mean?

Why is he wearing a Playstation on his head? How did it fit through the collar of his shirt? Does NASA realize the arms to the International Space Station are missing?

>Why is he wearing a Playstation on his head?

To show his superior status, and because his neck couldn't support the weight of an Xbox

>How did it fit through the collar of his shirt?

Rear zip.

>Does NASA realize the arms to the International Space Station are missing?

Sure. What are they gonna do about it? Veeky Forumsnon has a katana.

>What does this mean?

White power POLAND? That fucking tard, just as many Poles as Jews died because of Nazi Racism.

>WHITE POWER POLAND
>unpainted, black undercoated army
its like pottery

Deodorant.

Clean clothes.

Actual clothes can be whatever you want unless staff or a regular has a problem with it, or it's blatantly offensive (i.e. a shirt with a "triggered" joke is okay if it's just some neckbeards in the back room, but a shirt with NIGGERS on the front is probably not allowed)

If you're fat make sure your asscrack isn't showing.

Anyone raised with shred of manners knows hat you take of your hat inside.

Guess you missed that when working on the farm in 'Bama.

Hahaha you're in saudi arabia aren't you?

What are spikes?

it's mtg slang. it originates with some article about player archetypes. One of those archetypes, "Spike", is an aggressively tournament-oriented player. They netdeck, employ gamesmanship, etc

>There could be a very good reason behind the rule.
Not him, but what good reason is there for the whole "no wearing hats indoors" thing anyways? How does that in any way interfere with, inconvenience, or disrespect any one at all in the first place? Unless it's some comically oversized sombrero that keeps knocking shit over, it's in no way a bother to anyone except those who arbitrarily decide that it's somehow "disrespectful". People say that a lot, and people just take as that, but I don't understand HOW it's disrespectful.

I'm not even a hat-wearing kinda guy, but I just find the whole thing non-nonsensical.

Thanks user.

Surprised I've never heard that used in wargaming. That person exists and is shitty there too.

It's very old. Likely from england originally.

They used to provide hat and coat racks in places so you could store it.

I'm entirely speculating here but given the weather it could well have come from rain. It would be a shitty thing to do walking around dripping everywhere.

I'm interested now. I'll look it up.

>i will never walk into my FLGS and see it full of sexy and athletically fit young people of various ethnicities pulled from an abercrombie & fitch ad

I can't recall if the one of the stores I went to play Magic and 40k at had a sign with regards to the bathroom, but I definitely recall them having one or two signs saying that people who smelled too bad would be asked to leave.

>Stuff that only happens in America: The Post
Colonials truly are stupid

Playing Ogres too

So it seems that it comes from knights.
You would raise your visor or fully take your helm off so you weren't seen as arrogant or rude.
People could see you smile etc.

So as expected it's just tradition, indicating you value politeness.

So there's no practical reason anymore it's just a traditional way of walking around and saying 'I'm an asshole'.

People with hats steal too

Neat. I learned something today

>Sure. What are they gonna do about it? Veeky Forumsnon has a katana.

Not like that arm could wield it or anything though

>no hats
trying to cover up my chemobald, asshole. here, let me cough some blood up onto your counter. have fun cleaning that, you prick.

At my nearest GW store I saw the manager have a mini rant when this group of 5 kids, I would assume 13-15 years old, that were building some stuff had decided to kick off their shoes and had the balls to argue why they should be allowed to do so since it was more comfortable for them to bare their sockless feet and pitter patter all over the floor. We had wanted to play a game that day but when you have younger teens talking horrible politics and school drama plus leering at you it gets uncomfortable very quickly.
tl;dr Teach your kids proper hygiene and to give a damn about how they look/how they act. It goes a long way.

user, you need to realize you're not perspective customer for any business, because you're already dying.

The most we have is a no Falcons policy

Just falcons or the other birds of prey too?

>Veeky Forums
>fucking girls
Nice try

I did see one guy with a Shrike, so Probably just Falcons.
Little fuck kept stealing my crab legs and impaling them on the miniatures

That might be a bit harsh. Because he's dying he will most likely spend a lot of money.

Hit that fucker with your anvil? Or are those forbidden too?

They're restricted to child size ones only.
No idea why.

>Veeky Forums here, I generally like to dress nicely when I go to gaming events at my store. Makes it easier to flirt with the skinny nerd girls that sit around bored after being dragged there by their boyfriends. Usually fuck them in my car after the event.

Lets be honest here. You're hitting on the dudes instead of the girls.

He flirts with the girls and then fucks their boyfriends.

>Dying
>Giving fuck about looks
>Seriously being ashamed of being chemo-bald
>Wearing a hat to cover it

this, I get it's an old social norm as that other user looked up but I still think it's generally pretty dumb, and I don't even wear hats