Has one of your characters gone out on his or her own terms?

Has one of your characters gone out on his or her own terms?

Dark Heresy has much vaunted tradition of suicide bombing BBEGs with a vest full of Frag Grenades. One I have partaken of on occasion.

I've also played a Kuni who used his own life as a sacrifice to the Kami in order to severely weaken an Oni.

Then I played that Superhero game where I dragged the Nuke out into the depths of space to save the city.

Then that Pathfinder game where I held up the BBEG while everyone else fled to safety.

I've got to say, I love the noble sacrifice.
Might be a cliche, but god damn is it a good one.

I had a character who committed suicide after winning a war and leading his clan into a new age: He knew he wasn't really suited for the new political structure, but there also wasn't really a way of abdicating that would stick, so he decided to clear the way for his successor.

I had a Black Crusade game where we rolled Perils of the Warp four times. Three of those times we got the body swap one (you would swap into the body of a random person, death would swap you back). The fourth time was reversed gravity on top of a skyscraper.

I'm pretty sure all three times we immediately grinned at the guard and started pulling pins on our vest 'nades

Nevermind, double checked and 'Falling Upwards' is a mere psychic phenomenon. I guess I remember being afraid of the high winds blowing us off the edge as we flew before gravity reversed that I thought it was more severe.

Played a combat droid in a Star Wars game. The rest of the party was trapped behind a ray shield and my guy was facing down several dozen stormtroopers. He charged into the middle of them and self destructed which set off all his grenades and breached the portable fusion reactor he had strapped to his back. Killed the storm troopers, blew a hole through 4 decks and cut off power to the ray shield allowing the rest of the party to escape.

Game of Rouge Trader my party landed on a planet and accidentally stumbled into a necron tomb. Next thing we know we're surrounded by necron warriors. I was playing as a Tau explorer. My buddy and I take some hits. I got two shots to the torso. I told the party to evac I'd hold off the horde. Once they were out I overloaded my plasma gun and caved in the roof. I did it for the greater good .

Sort of.

There was the time I was going to morph into a zombie-type thing in a modern survival horror game, and my character asked another to shoot him before he turned, to which she replied by immediately shooting him in the face when he completed that very sentence.

I had a character who tried this real fucking hard. He was a Russian ex-black ops agent, really good at shooting and in fistfights and had a proper papa bear attitude towards the rest of the group. Attempts at noble sacrifice included:

>Charging two tigers that were dominated by a vampire and wrestling one of them to death to buy time for another character to escape and then going to brawl with the vampire itself and getting the shit kicked out of him
>Throwing another character out of a building and locking the door after them, staying behind to brawl a murderous ghoul
>Wrestling another ghoul into a fire to let others try to kill it
>Being shot to shreds by a dozen gangsters to allow some civvies evacuate
>Doing a Mexican stand-off with a group of baddies while holding a grenade in his hand to allow others to escape
>And couple of others I most likely forgot

He still lived through the campaign, how, I do not know. The dice gods were on his side every time death was on the line.

Storytime

>Then I played that Superhero game where I dragged the Nuke out into the depths of space to save the city.
You sure you weren't watching the Avengers, son?

Not much of a story to tell.. or rather, telling it in full would take an insane amount of time. We played the Zalozhniye Quartet NBA campaign, took us around a year and it was the best game I've ever been in. Excellent group, that one. All kinds of cool stuff from running through Europe from an Eastern European crime organization to night-time raid on an abandoned monastery that was now the site of a human trafficking ring to one-shotting the big bad mid-ascension with an RPG.

I'd read it, let's get a storytime, come on user

This was in 2009.

Yeah dude we wanna hear a story

>not wandering the earth, watching as the fruits of your labor evolve past you

Well don't give us blue balls now

I've always wanted to play a lawful savage type of character who fucked up something terrible and is bound by honor to redeem himself through a noble sacrifice, but can't actually do it because the party keeps winning.

You went full Sparta.

Put all your points into strength