Age of Sigmar general

>resources
pastebin.com/j5RAK09E

Tzaangor hype edition.
youtube.com/watch?v=WhtqT2xhmn0

Don't know what the right font is sub-edition.

Boxed birdmen and rules when?

How good are chaos gargants (giants) for a warrior of chaos/beastmen army?

Does anybody have experience running a quasi-Strigoi army in AoS? On paper at least their monstrous infantry seems decent enough (though I wouldn't want them to try and tackle ironguts or paladins), but they seem pretty lacking in magic and most of their ranged game is Bravery-dependent.

Stormcast guy looks pretty cool there.

You don't run giants for effectiveness, you run them for fun and flavor. They're alright but there are better choices.

Giants are largely 'eeh'-tier. Ghorgon and Slaughterbrute are better melee beatsticks.

Ok, i'm just wondering becuase I just found a giant box behind one of my shelves, who knows how long it's been there

So I am a WHFB guy, VC and Orcs + Goblins.
Im not here to stir up shit, I would just like to know you guys' thoughts on the recent AoS news. Specifically:

>How well/poorly do you guys think the game is selling?

>What do you think of Hastings' info that AoS has tanked hard?

>What do you believe the driving force is behind implementing points?

>Do you feel the game is in danger of being abandoned if it doesnt catch on in the next year or two?

And most importantly, to me-
>How do you feel about the way they handled the axing of WHFB, and launched AoS? And how would you feel if one day, after a big End Times type event, AoS suddenly ceased to exist, and was replaced a la WHFB-->AoS?

Thanks guys, and I genuinely hope they can make something good out of this game. Even though I still feel pretty betrayed by 'surprise!' way they killed WHFB.

Does anyone here know of a good name generator? I have a hrd time comming up a name for my chaos lord

>ohboyherewego.jpg

Nah, Im not going to derail or counterpoint, or argue at all. I dont even want to reply anymore. Im just curious about the state of AoS guys. There are none at my flgs and I have zero exposure to the game. I wish the best for you guys, its not your fault any of this happened.

Assuming you're not a troll.

>So I am a WHFB guy, VC and Orcs + Goblins.
>Im not here to stir up shit, I would just like to know you guys' thoughts on the recent AoS news. Specifically:

I've had quite a few people start buying AoS recently in my FLGS thanks to points announcement. It's about 50% shelf space but again, who knows.

Who knows. It really depends on the area. I think the newer releases and outreach are really helping. The new Ironjawz sold out incredibly fast. The new CEO seems to know what he's doing.

People want a way of balancing games, have been clamoring for it for ages, and a successful tournament with 125 players added their own points which they are building on because they were so impressed with it.

>Do you feel the game is in danger of being abandoned if it doesnt catch on in the next year or two?
No - they've invested too much into it. I'd give it 5 years.

>And most importantly, to me-
>How do you feel about the way they handled the axing of WHFB, and launched AoS? And how would you feel if one day, after a big End Times type event, AoS suddenly ceased to exist, and was replaced a la WHFB-->AoS?

The launch was fucking atrocious. It made me quit originally. Losing the Old World still stings sometimes.

>Thanks guys, and I genuinely hope they can make something good out of this game. Even though I still feel pretty betrayed by 'surprise!' way they killed WHFB.

I feel ya, been playing since 2006 and I quit at the news, started playing about 2 months ago as I think honestly they are going in the right direction - listening to the community, discounts, awesome models.

>I'm not trying to stir up shit, so just let me check literally all bulletpoints that usually raise a shitstorm.
Dude.

I know, its hard to tell if someone is baiting or trolling or whatever. And Im sure you guys get angry WHFB players in here all the time. Im just trying to find out how you guys feel about the stuff I asked, because like I said I have no exposure to AoS. And Ive steered clear of WHFB threads since this all went down. I guess GW showing an interest in pleasing the fans has softened me, and the sadness of losing my favorite game that I still carry around.
Im in my late 30's though. I dont blame AoS fans or get caught up in the cycle of hate between the fans of GW's games.

I apologize if I do irritate some of you and I understand why. Im just curious for the first time since it happened.

>I guess GW showing an interest in pleasing the fans has softened me

They seem to be going in the right direction honestly. They should have done this years ago.

I didn't play the original warhammer quest, but what was the justification for one of the adventurers being a chaos warrior in a warband full of good guys?

They need to deliver Cheese pizza to Azyr before the times up and the pizzas free or else All the gods are going to be fucking pissed.

Brainzzzzzz....

>>How well/poorly do you guys think the game is selling?

Not as good as they'd like, but probably about what they expected. AoS seems like a ten year plan kind of deal.

>>What do you think of Hastings' info that AoS has tanked hard?

I wouldn't be surprised.

>>What do you believe the driving force is behind implementing points?

People. People want points and GW wants people. I still have no idea what they were thinking when they decided to release AoS without any. Fair enough that my friends and I can eyeball a balanced game easily enough, but it's no good for pick up games or new players.

>>Do you feel the game is in danger of being abandoned if it doesnt catch on in the next year or two?

No. I believe AoS is a long term commitment, but also a flexible one. Just look at the recent announcements, they seem willing to listen to people more than ever now.

>>How do you feel about the way they handled the axing of WHFB, and launched AoS?

I enjoyed it. The story was very grand, I remember being on the edge of my seat throughout the End Times and super curious about AoS during the gap between the End Times and the launch.

>And how would you feel if one day, after a big End Times type event, AoS suddenly ceased to exist, and was replaced a la WHFB-->AoS?

Depends on how satisfying the story was and what we got at the end.

> I still feel pretty betrayed by 'surprise!' way they killed WHFB.

You were surprised the End Times ended WHFB?

>ghoul king doesn't have a crown of bones

Disappointing!

>full of good guys
since when were adventurers good guys

He can kick ass and wishes to join them on their quest.

You know this got me thinking. How much potential do you guys think Age of Sigmar has for a possible video game? What could they make with such an established mythos?

Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I only have anecdotal evidence, but in the FLGS it has sold fairly meh (not horrible, but it certainly didn't fly of the shelves) until roughly the start of the year, where it started to pick up somewhat steadily. The last Orc release sold like crazy and was sold out within minutes.

Hastings is rumormonger and as such should be ignored like the rest of his ilk.

The fact that people have been clamoring for points from day one? It's literally the largest piece of criticism, alongside summoning being stupid.

No, that time frame is too short. Five years? Sure, I can see GW axing it by then if it doesn't perform.

Endtimes was cool overall, retard plotholes aside, and was a fitting ending event for a beloved franchise that would have been killed by management anyway. Maybe the start of AoS was too soon, and explicitly tying the lore to the freshly euthanized WHFB might have been ill-advised. A clean slate might have been more sensible.
And if AoS ever bites it I certainly hope it'll get a sendoff like Endtimes. And then I'll dig out my ogres or my WoC and play WHFB.

>spectacle fighter
>warcraft-style rts
>tactical rpg
There's a ton of options, but those seem the most obvious.

>How much potential do you guys think Age of Sigmar has for a possible video game?

As much as any other Fantasy setting really.

>What could they make with such an established mythos?

Anything really. I'll always be a huge whore for RPGs of course, but apart from that I'd like too see something a la Dynasty Warriors.

Eh, I guess I don't see any reason to be sad. My armies, rulebooks and stuff still exist, as do my friends, and we still play WHFB at the store. And there's also KoW or 9th Age to fall back to. And the setting is still alive in our imagination, since we're still having WHFRPG sessions every other week.
And playing and/or supporting AoS doesn't mean you can't like WHFB, and vise versa. The only thing that really matters is what you want to make of it.
So don't be sad, user. Play some Warhammer! Which one? Who the fuck cares, just have some fun!

>warcraft-style rts
An rts would certainly be fun and great to see and that has me thinking if it would come out looking like Dawn of War.
An RPG would be great, though a Dynasty Warriors type of game would be a blast. Playing as a Stormcast Lord-Celestant delivering hammer time to mobs of chaos warriors while leading your Stormhost and sieging a Dreadfort sounds fun.

Not sure if this user is still around, but how would I change it? it seems like simple enough of a rule that synergized with the rest of the skillset, if anything I was thinking of changing the breath weapon.

How about instead of more attacks, the ones you have rend better on the charge.
I mean, you already have a weapon that is barely worse than the tempestus hammer (3+ to wound instead of 2+) by default, but also gets a pretty powerful replacement in the form of that improved damage on 6s to wound.

Say I want to make a Plaguetouched Warband. Chaos Warriors don't have the Nurgle keyword until setup, but I can still take them as part of the formation so long as that is the goal/intention, right?

Yeah if you give them MoN it should be fine.

>Get black knights into combat with strong unit
>always takes opponent 3~ turns to knock them out, between multiple wound models and revive d3 Knights in my turn
>Meanwhile Morghast fly around his side of the table chopping things to pieces
Damn, they're awful for attacking but damn, Black Knights take a long time to kill.

So I'm looking to start up some beastmen but I don't have the chaos grand army book.

Any lore on them? Or what's going on over there?

>Any lore on them?

Beastmen gonna beastmen.

So raping and pillaging mofos? I'm ok with this

I have come to realize GW squatted Waywatchers unit on the website. anyone knows a good 3rd party elves with bows? i saw some good on reaper but where expensive as hell

The LotR range has elven rangers. They may be a bit small though since they're more truescale.

Anyone tried running a Tomb King chariot list?

I almost feel like being able to stack buffs and getting them to hit on 2+s might be worth its weight in SCGT. The only real issue I see is a lack of rend.

>Don't know what the right font is
It is impact.

Don't forget shitting on things.

Nagash is already pissed because he was the only one there with money on him so he had to pay for it AGAIN. Sigmar always does this. Sigmar the betrayer. Sigmar the thief.

Hmm, this guy as a Ghoul King then?

I don't know, but I really like the idea of an undead army led by an angry Beefcake barbarian instead of the usual gaunt necromancer.

Vamp lord. That's what I do with chaos characters for death forces.

Check out Krell.

Sounds like they'll boost the summoning power of a Death based army based on the ability on the Courtier there. Movement range and Fly means you can keep them alive pretty well too. Though I have no idea how good Crypt Flayers are now so it might be a moot point.

>Not having them led by king skelly

Krell/wight king with black axe

ya'll have taste in your skellys

I'm excited, but a little worried about the cost of the new Warhammer Quest box. If it has miniatures for everything in the OP image, that's:

At least 2 birdmen, maybe more
At least one masked cultist, probably more
A demon prince
At least one pink horror, maybe more
A warrior priest
A Stormcast Eternal
A Barbarian Warrior
A Dwarf
Maybe a Gaunt Summoner
As well as whatever the fire elemental thing behind the warrior priest is, and the figure in the background between Sigmarine and Barbarian.

Even if the characters are monopose (And I would be shocked if they weren't), that's a lot of value. I really look forward to seeing all these characters represented in miniature form, but I hope GW doesn't put the cost so high that it prices more causal players out of buying the board game.

i wonder what warscrolls they'll get

what do you guys use to transport your models?

I came. First exposure to GW was HeroQuest and Warhammer Quest. Legit hyped and ready to feed GW for this. BIRDMEN WANT NOW

do you have this image without the text?
I want it so i can title it AGAINST THE BIRDMEN. It looks like a great fucking metal album cover

'ere ya go!

Not op, but anyone know, who is da artist?

AWWW SHIT YEAH. thanks bunches duder

I really hope at some point games workshop releases an 'advanced' ruleset for the game, the game mechanics definitely needs a bit more depth and complexity.

If the point was to get away from the intimidating 40 page rulebook and get new people on board, I doubt they're going to roll out "advanced rulesets". You may get something like more complex scenarios though.

BOLS "reported" a rumor of the contents:

6 Heroes included:

Stormcast Eternal
Ogor
Duardin
Aelf
2 others (unknown)

Chaos Opponents included:

12 Horrors
4 Screamers
2 Flamers
6 Cultists
1 Sorceror
1 Deamon Prince of Tzeentch (boss)

I'd expect at least $120 USD, depending on the amount of cardboard tokens, tiles and other components.

would really love for a lizardmen presence. A saurus obviously, but which one would work? I feel like a standard warrior wouldnt be enough. A Knight may work but could be out of place with a mount. A sunblood or old blood may not work since they would be too OP or maybe toned down and be dissapointing? I also dont see a Saurus Guard working as their sole purpose is to protect and hold the line.

Enough melee beat sticks, Chameleon Skink pls.

obviously one of the unknown is the barbarian human. and the other is the priest human

you realize those guys are just shitting over what the video showcase right?

It should be da great Paul Dainton (the only great WFB era artist GW still have it seems. With the Blanche stormcast concept arts).

BOLS is bullshit

this list is bullshit guesswork.

How many models would be considered too much for a game in AoS? What would be the optimal number of models?

Imo the best is 30-40 models, lower for elite armies and higher for horde armies.

Well, you have the usual talk it over with your opponent way, of which you would both agree on what is good and what isnt. Then with points coming in, you could have a way to decide just what kind of battles you wish to have. Personally, Id love to see what a "big" army would play like in AoS, as the most ive seen was a Death army that consisted of about 60 skelly's and a wight king and 3 units of however much vamp knights. I forget the leader unit but it was on an undead dragon.

How do realms work? Can I just make up my own or am I limited to the already exisiting ones?

The nine realms are very very big so you can easily make up your own spot in one of them. There are also places where one or more realms bleed into another creating a hybrid region.

I think the ice goddess in the Warbeast novel created a small pocket realm of her own.

Where can I read the fluff for AoS?

>How do realms work?
From my understanding, the force that WHFB called magic had different aspects. When WHFB had the End Times going on, that force freaked out and tried to help out in the fight against Chaos by fracturing into its aspects and connected with a character that I suppose was the best fit for it. It wasnt enough, and exit stage right WHFB. Now I guess these aspects of magic have changed and has created these landscapes as physical representations of those aspects.
>Can I just make up my own or am I limited to the already exisiting ones?.)
Nah, you are limited to what is there, but you have a decent amount that is there and they havent been fleshed out 100%(though i suspect they never will, to allow narrative forging.) and we have only covered Azyr, Aqshy, Ghur, Ghyran, Shyish, and Chamon I believe(asides from the Chaos Realms, which are easy to learn about.) From what I understand is that the concept of time in AoS is a bit weird, so anything you think of could fit more or less. What did you have in mind?
Remember, a realm isnt exactly like a singular planet, we are talking crazy dimensions and stuff. The way it was explained to me was how in Dragonball Z you had the "living universe" where most battles were fought, and if someone died they merely switched over to another reality/realm that is tethered to each other.
Again, from my understanding, magic as a whole is what ties them together, which is why they are connected, while its aspects are what makes the physical part of it.
Someone may tear me a new one for this and it may just be head canon buts thats honestly how I understood it so please feel free to show me otherwise.

Check out the pastebin link at the top of the thread. It has (all?) the battletomes, audiobooks, ebooks, campaign books, etc. None of the Grand Alliances because unless you want one to have the warscrolls that are on the app already as a physical copy and a bit of lore, you are better off without really. I read the Seraphon battletome and I may pick it up just to have it handy for whatever case.

Wow thats an awful setting.

It's just Asgard/world tree you nigger of the cold sea . It's just ambiguous and huge as shit. It's shitty but it makes for good narrative if you are at least worth your salt in creativity.

Hello my new wallpaper.

Preorders are up.

I usually play with 2 Guardians of the Great Chain formations...

so more or less 100 models.
It's the sweet spot we agreed on

yeah and it's the most broken piece of army i've seen in a LOOOOOOONG time.

Every hero invoc models at every hero phase, the ghoul hero is particularly strong.

The Ghoul Courts and their Rot Skinned King are mildly interesting.

At least the strigoi/ghouls etc fluff is more than a single line now

> how poorly is it selling?

I think it's selling pretty well now. I don't have market info at hand or anything but a lot of my WFB friends have started collecting AoS and a couple of 40k friends have too. I know a few people have picked the game up because the rules aren't so fucking obtuse that you need to refer to them every time you move.

Also, about points. I think it's being done because there are easy ways to balance now. Obviously abilities can make things imbalanced but it's less of a nightmare now. I think balance has become easier because army composition isn't so rigid.

>darksome court
what does that even mean

A dark assembly of a sovereign's retinue.

ASSFAGGOTS

do we have warscrolls for crypt flayers yet?

>THE UNDYING GODOF THE CARRION COURTS

>The relationship between Nagash and the Flesh-eater Courts is a strange one, as the vast majority of the Flesh-eaters are not actually dead. Many Abhorrant Ghoul Kings hate and fear Nagash, forever seeking to stay one step ahead of the Lord of Death and his agents, putting faith in high walls and the fierce defenders of their tumbledown fortresses in forgotten kingdoms. Some vanish into badlands across the Mortal Realms, risking famine rather than answering Nagash’s call. Some Flesh eaters, however, revere him as a god, building great churches to him inside their domains, leaving rotten offerings to crude statues of the Great Necromancer. In their insanity, they may even see him as a smiling deity in robes of gold. Nagash is eager to bring them under his thrall, but focuses his efforts on capturing the Carrion King, the master of the first Flesh-eater Court. Through him, Nagash might yet control all his wayward servant’s spawn…

Remember when some assholish anons claimed that Nagash controls all the undead and you can't have your own dudes? Well, they got BTFO...again.

The Rot Skinned King aka the Carrion King seems like another wayward servant of Nagash.

I want to use Furious brayherd formation (if that's what they are called) for my beastmen. But is there any way I can use more untis of other types than what it say for the formation, and still be able to use it?

>THE FURNACE KINGS

>The black-hearted rulers of the Bale-Furnace of Aqshy, these sovereign-smiths were the main source of the Bloodbound’s weapons and armour, shaping steel and warpfire into impossible forms to create the vile panoply of Chaos. Even the Blood God’s fol-lowers would pay homage to the Furnace Kings, such was the esteem in which they were held. One of their most infamous creations was the Black Rift, a Chaotic artefact of truly terrible power.

Are these Chaos Dwarfs/Daudrin?

As part of the formation? No. Battalions are either fixed, or, if there's some flexibility, clearly show where you can take varying amounts of units.
As part of your army outside the battalion? Sure, knock yourself out. Just remember that the units outside the battalion will not benefit from those benefits.

Posted in the last thread; plus they're availiable on the GW homepage and in the app.

Its always been more than a single line and they even had short stories from BL. Educate yourself.

Ushoran reborn, perhaps? He was the first strigoi after all.

Sounds like it to me.

>Remember when some assholish anons claimed that Nagash controls all the undead and you can't have your own dudes? Well, they got BTFO...again.

It's funny because while this blurb points out examples of dudes who fuck off to get away from Nagash, it also details how Nagash wants to control all of them and is planning on doing it by capturing the big huncho Carrion King.

It doesn't mean he will succeed any time soon. In the meantime, there are many Ghoul kingdoms that want nothing to do with Nagash.

Nagash doesn't have total and absolute over the Undead. This much is sure.

Mannfred, The Carrion King, and we need another guy to complete the fugitive trio

derp, thanks user

>the fugitive
Necromancer and vampire live outside Shyish do not under Nagash control?

Wow, this all fits inn VERY well with my idea for Vorash & co, with an army made up of ghouls being his old force in life, they're making it just like that, with the courtiers and stuff. Now I just want to repaint them and make a new converted army out of them - men at arms with ghoul hands and heads, weapons and stuff would be perfect, but alas, not to be anymore. Guess Vorash will have to get himself some new allies (and maybe a dragon).