What's up fa/tg/uys, want to open some dead CCG sealed product?

What's up fa/tg/uys, want to open some dead CCG sealed product?

Does anyone even care about product openings if it isn't Magic? Some of you guys told me I was dumb for wasting all my money on Magic cards. And I take what people say about me anonymously on the internet very seriously! And I'm kind of bored of opening Magic, so let's try something different.

Today we have products from the World of Warcraft and Star Trek universes! Which to do you guys want to do first, get weird with Warcraft or go to infinity and beyond with Star Trek? We will open a little of both before the night is over.

First, a little background info on each product. So we can learn a little, instead of just mindlessly ripping open foil!

Star Trek Customizable Card Game is a CCG first published by Decipher in 1994. It is a dead CCG in print form, however it still has an active tournament scene organized by players. 'Official' player created expansions continue to be developed and released for download and printing on the game's official fansite.

STCCG is divided into two editions, first and second. Everything I have purchased is from the first edition, and is the less played (and cheaper) of the two. Second edition features the later printings of this game, and includes all the player created expansions.

I actually care more about this than magic. Watching someone play booster pack roulette is boring as fuck, might actually see something interesting here.

The game is based around creating decks centered on affiliations (federation, Klingon, ferangi, etc). So it is very much tribal in that regard. The goal is to be the first player to get to 100 points though completing a series of missions or objectives. Not only will your decks include crew members, but also ships for them to move around on, and items for them to use.

I don't understand much of this game yet. By all accounts it is complicated to learn. But I do plan on trying! If anyone else has experience playing this game, please feel free to add any insights!

The World of Warcraft CCG was first released in 2006 by Upper Deck. Upper Deck lost the license for the game in 2010, and it was continued on by Cryptozoic Entertainment in the same year. In 2013, Blizzard discontinued Cryptozoic's license, eventually releasing the digital card game Hearthstone in 2014.

While the WoW CCG is a dead card game, it's sealed product still retains some of it's value due to the 'loot cards' that are contained in the sets. Loot cards have a scratch off code that give in game digital WoW rewards. The most sought after being unique pets and mounts. Spectral Tiger is the most expensive loot card (I think) and sells for $500-600+. The distribution of the higher value loot cards are stupidly rare though. The stated odds for the Spectral Tiger is 1 in 434 boosters!

In addition to playing against another player in the dueling fashion, there are a series of Raid Decks that can be played in a co-op fashion. In this format, one player will play as the Raid Master and control all monsters and foes in the Raid. Additionally, there are a handful of dungeon decks that also offer a co-op experience, but pilot themselves, without requiring one player to be a dedicated DM.

As an avid Hearthstone player, this is certainly a game I would like to begin playing! Again, if anyone is familiar with this game, please feel free to chime in!

It's dead for a reason (because nobody cared then) and Veeky Forums doesn't really do product openings, but if you want to make a youtube video or something that might be fun.

Let's start chronologically with star trek!

This is the first set, and is the 'beta' edition. The beta edition and all sets afterwards had white boarders. The alpha edition had black boarders.

>White border
*girlvomiting.jpg*

I want to say it's probably better if you don't open them? Selling prime condition cards can net some decent cash on eBay, but this is actually pretty cool.

Actually doesn't smell musty. That's good!

I bought all these boxes for $15-20 each on eBay and elsewhere. These boxes aren't worth much! Mostly just opening them for fun, and with the intentions of trying my hand at playing the games.

The booster.

nice blog op.

And the back.

>Gameplay by Technical Game Services

The fact that this company exists intrigues me. Do they just put out cookie-cutter rules for CCGs?

Under the flap.

Backs of the cards.

My buddy actually has every single card ever made for that Star Trek game. He spent something like $600 for a special set that was only available at a specific con way back when.

Somewhere in my closet I think I have a stack of Wildstorm cards for some Image Comics CCG that was riding the first big wave of Magic bandwagon.

This thread kinda makes me want to dig around for them.

Contents of a pack.

USS hood is the rare, uncommons to the left of it. Commons on top.

Close up for better viewing.

Going forward, I won't show the whole pack. Just the rare, uncommons, and a few of the commons. That way the cards can be read. And from what I've read, you get lots of duplicates of commons in the early sets.

Awww yeah. Albert Einstein!

Pack 3. Mission rare!

>A E S T H E T I C

Pack 4.

No game is complete without a sexy lady card!

There is a male equivalent to that card. Same text, but find->replace male->female, female->male, women->men.

Pack 5.

And the main man himself, and best star trek captain, Jean-Luc motherfucking Picard!

OP, I spent several hundred dollars on the ST CCG as a kid and after it went out of print. It's fun once you get it up and running.

I hope you get a good loot cards in the Warcraft decks.

If you really want to go on the dead CCG product buy the North American version of the Gundam CCG.

I hope it comes complete with a homoerotic dude picture!

I'm looking forward to it! The only problem is that the internet seems to be a bit lacking in gameplay tutorials.

I'm assuming these stats are good!

>Spectral Tiger is $600
I actually knew that because of the game grumps WoW series where Ross made them all play WoW and they all hated it. Still can't believe something like that is worth mad dosh and I play magic

Pack six.

So many rare missions!

The guy on Female's Love Interest kind of looks like Tim Allen from the 90s if you squint.

They're pretty good and he can be used in a lot of situations.
You'll notice that a lot of dillema and missions say that bad things happen if you don't have X, or you succeed if you do have X, which means having those skills/stats on your away team, and Picard contributes to a lot of them.

>The Wow TCG
Fuck yeah, that shit was the best during college.
Me and my friends called it "magic lite" mostly because it was similar to Magic.
Land was called resource cards, which could be any card and quests. (Which completing gave you more cards/something happens).
If you played hearth stone, monsters and heros where the same, except hero's would have different health, depending on their class. (Warrior/Paladin/Death Knight had around 30 health while mages/warlocks/ and priest had 25.)
Monsters were the same.
Raid decks started out as 1 vs 3, the two big ones were Nax and Icecrown.
Later became more the group vs the deck and those where pretty awesome.
Loot cards where the most interesting thing about it, getting WoW loot by getting codes on cards.

Alright, let's move to the next box and see what is different!

This is the second set in the game, Alternate Universe. This is also the first set to feature one ultra rare card, Future Enterprise. It's actually listed for $20 on eBay. Not sure anyone buys it, but that's what it is 'worth'. No idea what the distribution of ultra rare cards are.

Swear to God, if you end up getting the Galaxy-X tonight in the AU box, some user's going to have a heart attack.

How rare is it? Considering it would give a user a heart attack concerning a dead ccg.

Same basis pack design. Different color in the square.

The booster.

The back.

I feel like that design was slapped together in five minutes and given a thumbs-up after half a glance.

Yeah, at the very least slap a gradient on the blue or something

Under the flap.

OK, so these are black boardered I guess?

I love that it's old enough (and the company obscure enough) that there's not an automatic .com on everything

Thank fucking christ

Pack one.

Outpost is new. Also the Vulcan nerve pinch being preformed by Data. I guess they couldn't afford the licensing rights for a Vulcan.

Extremely. Like less than 1 per dozen boxes worth of boosters.

>Acquire two Q Net cards
>Trap those damned Romulans.

Pack 2. Jean-Luc's flute!

This seems like a LOT of product...

Pack 3.

Data's head! Neeto!

Also pack distribution is not very good. Getting a ton of common and even some uncommon repeats.

Pack 4.

It's Richard! He was a pretty cool dude. Iirc he's from that episode when the enterprise hits a time rift and gets transported next to a ship from the time period of the original star trek. And the old ship guys all stay back and get blown up so the enterprise can get back to their correct time? Or something like that.

Pack 5. All commons are repeats edition!

I have no idea what is going on in this art.

In short: Data learned to dream, weird shit happened, as is to be expected from dreams.

Pack 6.

Warf getting himself some.

Huh. That's why Alexander did the thing.
His future self must've been a total cunt.

Pack 7.

More duplicates!

Not sure I've seen that one. I'll have to go back and watch it. It's probably cliche, but Data and Q are two of my favorite characters from the series!

Godamn, Warf. No waifu left behind...

Pack 8. New commons.

We will open some more packs of this set, looking for that stupid ship, then move on to one of the warcraft boxes!

im surprised they took the time to print humuhumunukunukuapua'a instead of just calling it triggerfish.

it would be a hell of a card to call out on commentary.

Pack 9.

Wesley getting fucked up. Also sweet art on universe door.

Pack 10.

Fittingly, a duplicate rare!

Pack 11.

I now see why they cut down later sets to 9 cards per pack, to limit duplicates haha.

One more pack, then on to warcraft!

And pack 12.

Duel flute!

Pick a box to open. First reply decides!

Am I the only person who instinctually has the humuhumunukunukuapua'a song play in their head upon viewing everyone's favorite virtual interface fish?

Tomb sounds better.

War of the Ancients.

I'll go with tomb too

Split decision, but tomb it is!

>Tama

BASED
ASED
SED
ED
D

The back.

I think I have a deck of Trek. Also have the sexy lady card.

lurking as always

Contents.

It's the alternate universe. Up is down. Black is white. Veeky Forums is full of helpful people, etc...

The playmat.

Quality is so so. About half the thickness of an ultrapro mat. Not as smooth, has the tiniest of knapping on the fabric. Color is decent enough though. Pretty good for a giveaway mat all in all!

Deck box.

Those AU Trek duplicate commons are hilarious. Not just duplicates in different booster packs, BUT IN THE SAME DAMN PACK!

Velcro clasp with a divider.

Get a Van Cleef in the WoW packs and be $$$

The back.

Card guide.

Hearthstone art here!

Dividers.

Well this was proto Hearthstone after all

These are actually super nice. With offset name headers and everything. Just wish they were plastic, not cardboard. But the cardboard is very nice and thick.

Very cool!

Yeah, that is a nice include. Wish Dominion had managed that.

Token loot card. And want I think are the hero cards behind it.

This guy.

Just a small pet, lets hope you get Feldrake in the other one.

I like that foil sunset.

Did not expect the scratch-off covering to be so shitty the numbers are legible from behind it. I wonder how often people get fucked over by people selling used but unscratched loot cards.

And this girl.