Warhammer 40k General

The Horus Heresy is Behind Us Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

BURN THEM ALL IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR!

CCS
3 flamers
Heavy flamer

Chimera
2 heavy flamers

Infantry platoon:

PCS
3 flamers
Heavy flamer

Chimera
2 heavy flamers

Infantry squad

Infantry squad
Flamer

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Infantry platoon:

PCS
3 flamers
Heavy flamer

Chimera
2 heavy flamers

Infantry squad
Flamer

Infantry squad
Flamer

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Special weapons squad
3 flamers

Hellhound
Heavy flamer
30 flamers, 10 heavy flamers, 1 inferno cannon. 1000 points.

You've posted this before and still havent fixed your shitty formatting.

It is a great list against hordes and that is about it.

Well, you can hurt infantry, and you'll wreck open topped's. But shooting, armor, and T6+ is going to have its way with you.

What is that a Salamsnders planetary defense force or something?

Nah, it wasn't me who posted it. It's from a few generals ago when an user said that he wanted to know just how many flamers you could get at 1,000 points. I just felt like reposting it.

Heck if I know, but I'm probably going to make a slightly more viable version of the list by adding a couple Leman Russ' with Flamer sponsons and hull mounted gun.

Reposting from the old thread:
Hey, quick question
My group is doing a little 4 gods freeforall with me repping Tzeench. I need to know: Kharn's rule is that he hits on 2+, but invisible units are hit on 6+, which would it be in this case?
2, I seem to recall there was some other spell though maybe it was from one of the Marine codeces that made the target hit on 6+s, would those effect kharn?

Thank you

I will say, though it is a very silly idea for an army, I like it a lot.

Remember when the FW hacks wrote down that Tau pilots struggle to match the experience of Imperial pilots?

Looky what based GW just wrote down in the "Death from above" supp.

>Most Tau team leaders and fighter aces have more experience than a whole squadron of other races’ pilots, all of which they turn to the pursuit of victory for the Tau’v.

FW is outdated now. Big whoop. Wait. How does that even make sense when marines and Eldar live far longer than Tau?

>this triggers the imperials

Aye. I already have a guard army that's juat waiting to be built and painted, just unsure of the scheme I want.

I'm thinking maybe blue fatigues and tan armor. Caledor sky and Zandri dust, to be exact. Or perhaps red fatigues with black armor, or black fatigues with red armor.

since guard are trash and there's a local tournament featuring WAAC tau faggots with restricted rules on the 1500 format they're using i've made a retarded IG list. Comments appreciated

>Pask/Punisher/Lascannon + Exterminator/Lascannon
>Wyvern x3
>Basilisk x3
>Manticore
>Deathstrike
>Armored Setinel/Lascanon x2

no AA but i dont expect any if much at all. not really concerned with winning either if you cant tell but i guess i wouldnt mind making this at least a challenge

To be fair, Forgeworld is entirely justified in their saying that Tau pilots are vastly inexperienced compared to Imperium pilots. An Imperial Fighter Ace could easily have 20 or even 40 years of combat experience over that of a tau fighter ace(Whose maximum lifespan is only about 35 years..)

Even worse when you consider what a Space Marine fighter ace would be like. Imagine an immortal superhuman that has not 20, but HUNDREDS of years of dogfighting experience . No amount of "Young race learns fast" can even hope to compete with that.

>Wait. How does that even make sense
tau fans start crying if they don't have soft reassurances whispered into their ears at all times

oh and +
>Exterminator/Lascannon

Fishing for feedback.

Working on a "Tzeentch Daemonkin" fandex, and this is the draft of the psychic disciplines. It's not going to have a "Blood Tithe" table equivalent, just a bunch of disciplines and some new wargear to turn regular Aspiring Champions into Psykers.

I went with D3 tables instead of D6 because it allows the tables to be more focused with less overlap. Flame is for mind dakka, Fate is for buffing with a focus on shooting, Deceit is for debuffs/utility, and Change is the mutation/melee discipline. Disciplines will have the same "up to half your ML on a single table" restriction from C:CSM.

>thinking that Imperials could also be triggered
Eldarfags, I summon you and to brake away from using your wraiths as dildos!

Put Genestealer back!

Tau confirmed to be better than Eldar.

> Eldar getting butthurt

>Not enough flamers/10.

>ANY UPCOMING GAMES!?

Yup going to be bringing my Deathwing for the first time in a while (Just a small 900pt force). Adding it to my Ravenwing list since it has gotten a bit too WAACy for me.

Will be playing a 2500pt game against Black Templars and hoping for the Terminators to have a decent brawl.

Not having all my bikes is kind of worrysome and I am afraid I won't have enough anti armor as he has a las predator and vindicator as well as up to two Dreadnaughts.

Overall I think it will be fun. May ask him to push it to 3k so I could brind Eziekiel and run the DA conclave and give all the Librarians Interromancy to be nice and fluffy.

We will definetly be playing Maelstrom and he has at least a demi company so his obsec screws me a lot.

Well of course. Tau did a huge turnaround in lore from
>Inexperienced new players in the galaxy who were still bright eyed and bushy tailed to universe that developed experimental, dangerous technology to keep them in the game.

to

>The most advanced race with the most experience in dog fighting, experts in stealth warfare, ability to construct titans, best weapons in the galaxy bar eldar of course, and are the good guys of the universe.

Its gotten so bad, that writers have actually retconned past losses of the tau from being "Major" to "Insignificant incidents"

Remember when the Imperium set their whole quadrant on fire and they immediately had shields that let them travel freely within the next few paragraphs? Remember the Titan legion that was going to land on the tau planets and the tau just went "Lol, no" and nuked it in space because the imperium apparently doesn't protect their equipment.

>Taufags and their constant struggle to convince user of how awesome they are.

Yet more evidence all Taufags have tiny penises and fragile egos.

Going by your logic, then Necron pilots should be unbeatable.

>The Night Scythes and Doom Scythes of the Necrons are tools of dominion, weapons to be wielded and discarded at will by their dynastic betters. Their pilots are little more than unliving weapons, utterly loyal and entirely without fear, instantly obeying their master’s every command. When combined with the millennia of accumulated combat data and optimised attack patterns contained within the datastacks of their aircraft, these qualities make Necron flights intenselydangerous.

>Necron pilots fly with eerie, mechanical precision. They switch formations with an efficiency impossible for creatures of flesh and blood, and have nothing to fear from extreme g-forces or even the killing vacuum of space. Their potent weapon systems unleash the primal forces of the universe upon their targets, sending enemy aircraft spiralling away wreathed in crackling green lightning, or atomising them completely.

>As flight upon flight and cohort upon cohort of these craft sweep down into battle, those destroyed simply flicker out of sight. They phase back to their point of origin to be repaired and sent out once again. With every engagement the datastacks of the Necron craft accumulate more intelligence on their enemies, turning every defeat into a learning experience. Those craft that see the greatest number of engagements become truly deadly, their millennial wisdom rendering them easily the equals of the younger races’ ace pilots in every respect. Against such a deathless, unstoppable foe, there can be no true victory, only a stay of execution at the hand of these sempiternalfoes.

-Death from Above (Necron section).

> Tau nuking titans from orbit
What the fuck, haven't the Tau writers ever heard of Void Shields? Shit that can literally save a titan from orbital kinetic kill weapons, ship-based anti-ship weaponry, and nuclear bombs? SIX TIMES IN A ROW? Before they have to take a few SECONDS to recharge?

The only way you can even threaten a titan is with sustained bombardment of multiple nuclear shells, or have units on the ground ready to strip the titans shields off with massed anti-tank weapons.

Yet Tau pilots put them to shame.

git gud, other races

shhhh, tau have the best weapons. Don't burst their bubble

I always wonder if, when Tau fluff talks about "other races", they're actually talking about the lowest Imperials and orks. It's like when fedora tipping faggots go on and on about the evils of religion, when they're really talking about Christianity.

IIRC, a Tau Manta one shotted a titan in "Blades of Damocles".

The Tau were not impressed with the titans and viewed them as a secondary threat compared to the threat of the Space Marines.

No they are talking about space marines, who are simply vastly inferior in most ways to the powerful tau.

I like to see how superior Tau are without those fancy suits of theirs.

>Subtracting remaining hp already does this, unless the craft is explicetly fragile (2hp, open topped etc).

>I get a lucky first pen on a russ, still has 2 hp left, so I can't get above a 6 even with AP1. But the explode result still matters, because once you've worn down the HP, you can get an explode result. But even with AP1 you'll only get 1 extra hp taken.

ok, how about a compromise.

it works your way, where you subtract the remaining hp from the table result.

BUT

crew shaken results, instead of causing snap shots only, reduce the vehicles bs by the corresponding table number.

>marines can live for hundreds of years
>less experienced than Tau who can't live anywhere near a hundred

user just say 'Im bothered that Space Marines are the face of the franchise, and Tau are just a fotm army that became popular due to getting 'beginner/kiddie' rules.
Its ok if you have no shame, the world needs douchey retards too.

No need to get triggered user. I'm simply stating what is canon lore right now.

>Ork aircraft are nearly as dangerous to their operators as they are to the enemy. They possess the aerodynamic grace of a boulder shoved off a mountaintop, and are infamous for belching eye-watering trails of smoke and debris as they hurtle to war. Luckily, these inconveniences are more than made up for – in the Orks’ eyes at least – by the inordinate amounts of dakka and breakneck speed their aircraft boast. As such, there is never a shortage of deranged greenskins happy to clamber into a cockpit.

>These Speed Freeks hail predominately from the Evil Sunz Clan, but this is by no means an absolute. Death Skulls Blitza-bommers lumber aloft, cobbled together from nicked bits of other Orks’ planes. Brutish Goff Dakkajets regularly perform the infamous flyin’ ’eadbutt to the bellowed cheers of their foot-slogging fellows. Mekboyz from every clan take to the air in Wazbomb Blastajets. Even the technophobe Snakebites have aircraft, albeit held together by Squig-gut twine and smeared in grot dung. Every clan puts its maddest and baddest in the air where they can cause the most carnage amongst the enemy while – hopefully –minimising the damage they inflict on their own side.

Ork aircraft have less than zero aerodynamics and are literally held together by crap.

Orks how do they work?

I don't play tau. It's just too easy not to bait imperial players with this.

>It's just too easy not to bait imperial players with this.
Could you maybe not? Maybe not all of these threads need to be pointless fighting?

reminds me of the novel Siege of Castellax. 10/10 if just for the amazing contrast of the no fucks given orks assaulting an Iron Warriors held world. but in relation to ork jets there's two parts that come to mind

"he sees an ork fighter passing overhead trailing thick clouds of smoke and wonders if it's from damage or normal for the machine"

then there's a scene where some CSM need to steal an ork bomber only to discover the acceleration pad was welding down permanently and even they were thrown off their feet when it took off.

And yet you chose the hard way and try and bait them.

>only to discover the acceleration pad was welding down permanently

I feel so content with playing orks again.

What's hard about it? Tau are better than marines. Better weapons, better tech. Now that they are also more experienced it's just the icing on the cake.

i think my favorite part of the whole novel was later while they're in the air. they pass over an ork base and they begin shooting at them.

"they're shooting at us, should we return fire? don't they see this is an ork jet?!"

"maybe if we shoot back it'll convince them"

>"Please oh learned Tau, teach us inexperienced Eldar the path of aerial supremacy"

>Techmarine Squadron Leader Fortus held the controls steady as his Stormhawk Interceptor shot down through the atmosphere of Morbadax. Livid flames danced across his armaglass canopy. To his right and left the Imperial Fist could see the same fires of re-entry sluicing over the hulls of his wingmen, Techmarines Lysorus and Dectos.

>Then they were through, and the buffeting stopped as the Stormhawks punched down into the cold blue skies above the ice fields. Below, the Knights of House Raven were clearly visible, tiny humanoid figures growing rapidly larger as the Stormhawks shot downward like shells from a boltgun.

>In the distance, Fortus could see the Tau atmosphere engines that were the Knights’ target, the same heretical devices that now bedevilled Imperial worlds throughout the Damocles war zone. Closer to hand, the runes of his autosenses picked out a quartet of Tau fighter craft intent on preventing the Imperial walkers from ever reaching their destination. Even as he watched, the Techmarine saw the Razorsharks swoop low over the Knights, their ion fire sending one of the towering engines crashing to its knees in flames. ‘Rouse your weapons, brothers,’ he voxed, eliciting growls of assent from his wingmen. ‘Vehemence pattern, stoop and slay.

Let me get this straight. The Tau sell machines that clear the gunk and pollution from Imperial worlds or they build them on the worlds they liberate. For some reason the Imperial are mad.

Clean and breathable air is heretical it seems.

>download old 40K games for PC

>none of them are compatible with Windows 7 and on

>What's hard about it?

You tell me, you're the one who claims that it's easy not to bait. As it not baiting is the easy option, meaning baiting is the harder option.

Can I post my list here, maybe even get a little C&C?
Cheers, guys.
1850 points

++Adepta Sororitas CAD++

Canoness (135 points)
- Eviscerator
- Rosarius
- Mantle of Ophelia

Saint Celestine (135 points)

Ministorum Priest (55 points)
- Power axe
- Litanies of Faith

Ministorum Priest (40 points)
- Power axe

Sororitas command squad (115 points)
- [X4] Meltagun
- Hospitaller
>In drop pod; Librarian here

Battle sister squad (265 points)
- [X14]
- Veteran Superior with Power axe
>All ICs here, except Celestine and Librarian

Battle sister squad (60 points)

[X2]
Dominion squad (115 points)
- [X4] Meltagun
- Superior has Combi-Plasma
>In drop pod

Seraphim squad (95 points)
- [X2] Pair of hand flamers
>Celestine here

[X3]
Exorcist (130 points)
- Storm Bolter

++Inquisition++

Coteaz (100 points)

++Flesh tearers strike force++

Librarian (70 points)
- Force axe
- Auspex

Scout squad (55 points)
- Bolt pistols and CCWs

[X3]
Drop pod (35 points)

Like all Ork technology, it's theorized to be the Ork Gestalt field that allows what would normally be unworthy technology to function

>tau just wanna clean the environment up
>tau dindu nuffin
how's that propaganda taste heretic?

So I love small elite forces with some tank or air support, hence why I played Deathwing up to this point. But now I decided to try the Scions.

My problem is that while I love how Valkyries look, the Tauroxes and Scion armor looks like this to me. Can you advise good proxies for them from other shops ? I'll try picking up some good old metal Inquisitorial Storm Troopers or Kasrkins but I'm open to cooler looking and cheaper alternatives.

It is when it came from a xenos machine, and the last human machine that could do that was lost 10,000 years back. It's a matter of pride and principle.

Tau are now more experienced then all imperial pilots including marines. Must feel bad.

Why shitpost? If you have nothing to contribute just browse. Come on man, be part of the solution.

Anyone know how tall Dark Eldar are in the lore? My research and comparisons of images have this broad skew of 6'2'- to 7'0'

Is it shitposting if what he is saying is now backed up by canon lore? There is truth there now.

>implying they clean the air and don't ruin it

>/40kg/

Even the Ultramarines!? Greatest of all Spehss Meringues!?

"They stand taller than a man" is as much as you're given in the codex.

>ITT: carnac gets to masturbate some more and attempt to "bait" by shitposting full retard

>inb4 "lol u mad imperialfag"

Yes, even the ultramarines are no match for the experience and skill of tau pilots.

What's it like to live in paranoid fear of one particular troll to the point you invoke his name at any given opportunity?

May the Empra have mercy on us all.

Dude, I dont need to define shitposting for you. If you reply just to rile people up, thats retarded. It shits up the thread and just attracts more retards to do the same.

I dont know about you, but Im not interested in reading a thread that 80% arguing, trolling, insulting, etc. Its been out of control lately. We at least used to have on topic discussions. Now the threads are just garbage. Do you really want to take time out of your life to 'troll' on fucking Veeky Forums? Thats literally adolsecent tier behavior. We can make the /40kg/ worth reading again. There will always be retards here, dont get sucked into it. I know you're better than that.

If you have no content, just post an image. Or compliment someones idea. Or just post anything positive. Good will is just as contageous as shitposting.

> Sisters in drop pod
I've got news for you, and your bullshit WAAC list

Look into the dreamforge games models. I use them for vets and troopers

#
I'll double-check it in a bit & re-upload. Some linked options are absent inexplicably

>The datastacks within Necron combat craft are so extensive that the oldest amongst them possess the stored knowledge of an ancient god of war. Such craft naturally take primacy in aerial combat, coordinating the efforts of their wingmen with programmed ease.

Necron aces are cool. Pity that they look goofy.

Hive fleet detachment 1850
CAD
2 flyrants with brainworms and egrubs 240/240
1 hive crone 155
1 malanthrope 85
2 mucolid spores 15/15

AD
1 flyrant with brainworms and egrubs 240
1 mucolid spore 15

Skyblight formation
Flyrant brainworms egrubs 240
Hive crone 155
2 harpies 135/135
3 gargoyle squads 60/60/60

Any advice on this?

Not the guy you're replying to, but who is so autistic they genuinely get upset at this? It's just funny. Once upon a time Veeky Forums would've had fun with the idea of teenage Tau pilots with more experience than Eldar and Necrons combined, but now it's just actual anal pain over whose fictional dudesmen are better.

Is there any leaks on the Eldar aces? There was a thread yesterday, but I don't think I saw the rules for knife ears.

>A Razorshark pilot during the Great War of Confederation, Vess’ral displayed an intuitive grasp of strategy. He proved invaluable to his Razorshark Team and was renowned for providing support to his comrades both on the ground and in the air when it was most needed. By the end of that long and vicious war against the greenskins, Vess’ral had progressed to the rank of kor’ui and was known by his peers as ‘Firewing’.

>Vess’ral’s most recent promotion came after he was forced to take control of the air war over the Imperial world of Dolhouk Phel. Imperial Lightning fighter craft shot down the Manta of Air Caste Kor’o Gal’lo, leaving the courageous Firewing in control of the entire aerial war zone. Already committed to combat in his Razorshark, Vess’ral fought his own ferocious dogfights even as he coordinated the entire air war and won a famous victory for the Tau Empire. After this, his promotion to the rank of kor’el was beyond doubt, and it is a role he has excelled in ever since.

Superior Tau combat experience in action, gentlemen.

Accidentally posted in old thread
Show me your best work, your pride and joy when it comes to your painted figures.

So insult flinging, posting how bad the Orks are, that face trolls use, and everything else wrong with these threads are humorous? Just how?

>I've got news for you
Are you taking about the Face book post? The one with multiple rule contradictions?

So I just bought pic related for $50.
My WH related board games are now:
Space Hulk
FF's The Horus Heresy
Betrayal at Calth (1 intact copy)
Forbidden Stars
Chaos in the Old World

What WH themed board/card games does user play?
What is your favorite?
What WH themed board game would you like to see released?

Let's see who's really asspained here. Tau get a few blurbs about how their pilots are better than other races. Imperial players go nuts start calling tau players names etcetc. I restate what was said and the go even crazier. I don't even play tau, but these fags deserve it. Tau are just better than marine pilots now deal with it.

Oh your in denial
That's cool, wait until the FAQ's are official
I'll be here to collect your tears

Oh and
>FAQ trumps rulebook

You're not actually upset that a expansion book had a throwaway line about Tau being da best are you? Just laugh it off. It's fucking 40k where every codex says their respective faction is the best. Ultramarines are da bestest, Eldar are more skilled than the monkeigh and so forth. Let it go.

>Even the technophobe Snakebites have aircraft, albeit held together by Squig-gut twine and smeared in grot dung.

Someone needs to make a wooden Snakebite Dakkajet

I tried playing Chapter Master again. 80% of the map has been taken over by orks and I can't do shit because I'm the Lamenters

Then I get an Inquisition mission to burn some heretics on the other side of the waaagh

The fluff no. It's these threads that bother me.

So teasing over aforementioned fluff?

250 point tournaments when

Didn't a tiger shark headshot a warhound in one of the IA books?

Oh dear you almost have it as bad as that one guy who got distracted by Chaos and ignored the greatest threat in the galaxy.
Nah it's the quality of these threads.
>I2!
Stuff like that gets old. Real old.

>I'm the Lamenters

Well Im sorry you feel that way. I dont think theres anything wrong with finding humor in Tau pilots' alleged superiority, but thats not whats happening here. Its one or two anons spamming bait to incite a cascade of replies, and a runaway freight train of shitposting.

Its your board to, and you can do as you wish. But Im going to become more active in an effort to try get /40kg/ back to tolerable levels. Shitposting has always, and will always be here. But I know there are some kind anons here that would like to see a content driven general. Thats what we deserve, and if just a few of us start working toward that, this will be a much better place to visit.

>we'll never get a stealth/action eversor game

Hush, say no more my lord...

I hope you can let that malice and hostility go user. You are better than that.

Just how long do you suppose that took to make?

I'm playing Ultramarines at 1000 points.

I have two tactical squads, 1 assault squad, and two 5 man devastator squads (I can post the list as needed).

But what I want to know is, how am I supposed to use an army like this against necrons? Should I deny necrons shooting by engaging them in melee even with my tactical squads? Should I hide back and shoot at them while moving around with a rhino?

I don't get it. What does a Space Marine army with tacticals, assault marines, and devastators have that the necrons don't? How do I play my army in a way that I take advantage of my units while trying to avoid his strengths?

I'm kind of new. Please help.

are you all hot and bothered user? hmmmm
better for marine and imperial players maybe. Those same people who you say are kind and tolerable will always shitpost the Eldar and Tau and death.

You melodramatic noodle.

At least the Necrons only have 3 planets and a couple of fleets to worry about.

Nut up and purge the overwhelming threat in the name of the empra
Look at the necron codex and see how their special abilities can be used agains you, and formulate a plan

>hot and bothered
Nah. I'm pretty cold right now, and that's the way I like it.
Just beware the bombardment proof Chaos Lord. He will start up a black crusade, and may the Emperor help you and his gods help him if he meets the Orks.

>Allied Detachment of the same faction as your primary detachment

Idk but Id love to see more of it.
Maybe, but its gotta start somewhere.

>Forbidden Stars