How come Veeky Forums doesn't love battlestar Galactica...

How come Veeky Forums doesn't love battlestar Galactica? Aside form the shitty if somewaht forseeable ending that I won't spoil, it's a very solid show, both the old and the new one. Even more so compared to most of it's conterparts in the 'eternally in space' theme.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_ship_moves
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I couldn't make it through the third season, it just got so stupid.

The first and parts of the second season were gold though

The old one's pretty good, the new one was basically a flag carrier for the new wave of politically correct "progressive" bullshit in media disguised as creativity, though. It was basically unbearable from the word go.

The game's pretty fun. It's not my favorite hidden role game ever, but it has a lot of interesting decisions even after you figure out who the Cylons are, which is refreshing.

This.

I appreciate what they were trying to do and I had fun with some of it, but it went off the rails. Sharks were jumped, high-ground was taken.

>everything that's bad is progressive

God when did the board get so retarded?

Primitivism is not a left ideology

No you fag, he means the bleedingly obvious shit like making the two manliest male characters from the original women just to show people how wrong all of their antiquated ideas are, even though it doesn't work for shit.

>baww there's women in it!

Yep, like I said completely retarded.

Let's not jump to hasty conclusions.

Perhaps he has some sound, well-considered reasons for disliking the modern feminist movement...

I see that you're green and regenerate 3 HP per round, but someone else might look in on this thread by accident, so I'll just go ahead and point out the obvious fact that "female Starbuck is a bad character only created due to a blatantly obvious agenda" isn't the same complaint as "the show has women in it", even if it were invalid which it isn't.

It was okay. It really stuck its head up its own ass in the later seasons with its mythology. Just kind of jumped the shark for me. Maybe around the time they settled on that shit planet and had the cylons come and oppress them. I get what they were trying to do but it really should've offscreen before the events of the show.

Oh, and that season 2.5~, I think? Where they were just doing a small story each episode? That was awful. Thank god they dropped that.

I'd rather play in SG:U than BSG, desu.

>blatantly obvious agenda

/pol/ go home, you're drunk

It's a pretty toxic ideology at this point. It made sense as a movement born from righteous anger *at the time* but that anger has grown malicious and really antagonistic especially from the perspective of younger generations. At least it looks that way, with all the radfems polluting the web. If it's not benefiting you how could you not dislike it?

SGU finally got its shit together in its last season but it was too late then.

I just watched it for the space battles.

>a flag carrier for the new wave of politically correct "progressive" bullshit in media disguised as creativity

So much this.

I liked SGU more than SG1 or Atlantis

I liked SG1 but I feel like they ran out of ideas and were trying too hard by the end. Atlantis I never really got into, but I keep telling myself I'll give it another go eventually.

it was a shame. SGU had become pretty good and that damn ending cliffhanger

Atlantis was the first one I tried.
Couldn't get past the first few episodes because I really, really hated the pilot guy.

I greatly enjoy the original show, had some fun with the FASA BSG starship combat game as a kid.

There are a bunch of miniature suppliers who make BSG minis, and any starship combat game worth its salt can handle it. I'd recommend Starmada for bigger engagements, and the original FASA game is sweet for small engagements.

The original series has a paucity of ship designs (the newer one isn't much more diverse), and engagement wise it's better to go for dog-fighting and have a handful of squadrons flying around with a couple of capital ships.

I'm struggling through the second season. They drag everything out so much in this one. I'm probably not going to bother with anything more now.

Sheppard?

He wasn't so bad. The Sheppard-McKay friendship is one of the best parts of the show. Also Ronon.

Season 1 and 2 were excellent. Season 3 had good bits. Don't bother with season 4, don't ask how it ended.

I know just what science fictions needs, a whole bunch of religious crap. I didn't even make it though a single season, god told them were to bomb and I was done.

Because it was poorly paced, boring, and preachy. Bleh.

Mentioned this in a thread a while back.
SGU was objectively better and more intelligently written than either of the previous Stargate shows.
What killed it, imo, was that the brand was worn at that point and, much more importantly, it lacked a quality of the first two.
SGU was a better show, but it didn't have that "fun" aspect of the others, which may have lost them old fans and they didn't do enough to attract new fans.

It's one of my favorite underused scifi settings.
Plus, I dug the marine just being a marine, in space.

Religion in sci-fi wasn't the problem, at least not for me. The problem was that it turned into East Enders in spaaaaaaace.

I don't like soap operas. Why the fuck would I want to watch one in spaaaaace?

Hated it from the get go, don't remember much just being really bored when I watched the first couple episodes when they were first broadcast and decided I'd rather just stick to the original even if it was goofy as fuck.

I can't disagree with most of the flaws being pointed out in this thread.
But I have to say, having flaws =/= bad.
I loved the new BG.
I can watch a show, think they did something stupid, and still watch more.

Too many anons expect perfection from the mediocre medium of television.

It was good up to the final season which was a mess of unresolved plots and 2deep4u twists.

Still, it had some great waifus
>Grace Park
>Lucy Lawless
>Tricia Helfer
>Kandyse McClure
>Reka Sharma

>compared to most of it's conterparts in the 'eternally in space' theme
How does it compare to Farscape?

We do, it's called The Ship Moves.

Worse of course, nothing compares to Farscape.

Link:
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_ship_moves

There's your BG

>the only Farscape RPG is d20, and only covers up to the end of Season 2
It's even a shit scan, to add insult to injury.

The Ship moves is a retarded premisse. It's like, literally, one of the worse ideas I've heard on Veeky Forums if you discount anime crap.

Not really.

The Ship was one astronomical unit and a bit long, housed trillions of humans and sanctioned xenos, some rooms were so big they had their own weather and you could and most did go from cradle to grave without ever seeing the stars.

Other than Blame! I can't think of anything that it could be compared to.

>I can't think of anything that it could be compared to.
Metamorphosis Alpha.

>Doesn't know what farscape is. read this, Go check on it.
>Single white male human sitting between 3 'alium babes so hot XD' as the cover poster.

Really Veeky Forums? That's good television?

The first season is meandering but once Scorpius shows up, it's solid gold

You are judging a book by its cover.

The thing is, the show /knows/ what it is, and rolls with it. And that makes it absolutely amazing.

What's retarded about it? Are you one of the anons that was bitching about the size? Or one of the buttmad chaosfags?

I'd put it as "what it seems to be". Because it's pretty different and a bit trippy

Much of a book can be judged by its cover.

Well 40k is pretty retarded anyway, adding in LE SHIP MOVES memes just made it more retarded.

Whoever said 'don't judge a book by it's cover', said so when books had unremarkable leather covers with gold imprints and generic titles. Before modern press.

It's fairly accurate, even fi sometimes you'll risk a mistake, to judge books, series and show by the cover in this days. You see, if you go to a bookstore and you see a bright colored book with a cartoonish watermelon and funny caligraphy, you know it's a chick bait cheap novel. If you see a black cover is a single vivid colored, usually red or purple, object in the center, fading to black towards the edge, with bold georgia font for title, or similar, in white...That's a 50 shades of grey OR twilight clone. If you see some cell shaded bearded saxon and a lot of banners flying in minimalistic shape, that's cronwell or someone who wants to be cronwell writing yet another 'ebic' historical fiction set in england or with the 'english' kicking french ass in surrealistic ways.

Judging a book by it's cover is rather effective. if you count the back cover and the flaps as the cover too, then it's basically how we all pick books to read this days. That saying is outdated.

I'm asking for specifics here, not more of your general asspain.

In this case, the cover is for ironic reasons.

So, you just generally hate 40k? Then why is your opinion relevant in regards to 40k worldbuilding?

Alright, specifics. First to get the obvious off the way. The scale doesn't work. And the whole 'setting' (it doesnt really deserve to be called that) IS the scale. Without the 'le epic size maymay', there is nothing to be said about it. And the size doesn't work. Not because it would collapse on itself, but because a continent mile corridor is funny to write a sentence about, but not a fun thing to play or write on. Not a fun place to tell stories.

Then we have the fact that the huge ship is so huge, there's no point doing anything with it. Ship's are transports, go from A to B. But in this setting, the ship itself is A, B and C all the way to Z and then back again a couple times. Mining asteroids, settling in planets. Nothing makes senses for the sheer scale of it. Taking a bolt out of everydoor in a ship this size would be enough to build a moon of pure iron. Recycling is components should be more than enough to keep it running. And that's a joke because there's no conceivable way we can keep something like that running without MAGIC, so we just MAGIC it more. Like, the engine is probably the size of earth. How people work with that? How we make it interesting to be fixing something so big that yo you, that's just a huge wall where you have to perform a minimal task, while other millions, or billions, of engineers perform other minimal tasks around it to amount to a full engine maintance?

Like, write a interest post of a 'day in life' or an adventure that takes place in this setting, that uses it's premisse of being a huge ship, and I'll stand corrected. But if all you can do is be like 'cyberpunk, but we are in a ship' or '40k, but we are in a ship', then your setting isnt very good.

You ever saw that image that says 'ironic shitposting is just shitposting'?

You need to understand that being ironically bad and being bad are a fine line to walk. And some bad things claim to be ironically bad when they are just bad. A bit like the 'pretend to be retarded' meme.

Now, alright, I haven't seem farscape and maybe the series itself is much much better than the poster suggest. But they advertise themselves to people like that. They marketing says 'This is a show about this guy getting alium pussy'. That MIGHT not be what the show is about but hey, why they want me to think it is then?

Because it's not Babylon 5.

The actual marketing said "Look what Jim Henson Studios can do for sci-fi shows". It just ended up being much better than anticipated and became a show of its own

And no, Crichton doesn't really get any alien pussy. Sebaceans don't count.

So, you haven't watched it and you're refusing to watch it based on the advertisement, despite everyone who has watched it telling you that's what it's not about?

Okay Paul Vanderhoeven. Why don't you write a book parodying it (but really just the cover) and fuck up the parody part so that people identify more with the desire to bang hot alien women which is understandable because that's awesome.

Just because it involves awesome alien babe's doesn't mean it doesn't have anything else to offer. In fact, I would say that it's one of the few shows to truly produce actually alien characters on a regular basis.

>Sebaceans don't count
Should've spoilered that probably

I'm not refusing to watch it. You seem butthurt dude.

I'm merely talking about my first impressions of it when i went to download it because people suggest it. If you are so high and mighty and won't judge stuff by the cover, all the power to you. Me? I'm not picky about what and how I talk about shit on Veeky Forums and for what I read around the board, neither is most of the people here. Anyway, sorry I caused you stress. Be in peace brother.

I'm mad. Mad about covers.

And also mad about Starship Troopers.

And I'm mad about you, user. Kiss my lips and carry me away.

But yeah I could have toned down the shit posting.

Quick question, why did you care that it was a white dude on the cover?

That's a good question. Thinking about it, for some reason if the protagonist was asian or black I'd expect it to go different, but in movie world, usually a black protagonist will be quiet tough type, and an asian protagonist will be nerdy and awkward. I guess I was using white because I wanted to express that he was not only the only male surrounded by females, but looked also like the stereotypical jock (thus reinforcing the stud between babes thing), and then i just fumbled with words.

>why did you care that it was a white dude on the cover?
Not that guy and it didn't phase me in the slightest but:
At first glance Farscape looks super generic (and its basic concept is pretty generic too). Its writing and chemistry between actors is not visible from its poster

To be fair, it being an ad initially, it's not exactly surprising

>it being an ad initially
Actually, now that I look for a source, it seems more and more to be just a rumor I caught somewhere

>The old one's pretty good, the new one was basically a flag carrier for the new wave of politically correct "progressive" bullshit

The show was race war fiction, user. They even included the ultimate horror of electric negros who can pass for white and the ending was basically Out-of-Africa in space.

Bullets heads are negros. Skinjobs are jews pulling their strings.

Fem Starbuck is a pretty cool character though

>a continent mile corridor

Fuck you, now I'm having Halo flashbacks.

There were follow up threads that expanded more upon it that might sooth your asspain a little.
And you could go on an adventure on The Ship.

Something has gotten into the water recycling system for one section and you have to go hunt it down and kill it before it breaks something serious.

You are part of the mechanicus expedition to go into the poorly lit and inaccurately charted sections.

The 80 foot armoured and armed repair boat you are taking up the water pipe is going to be your home for the expedition and your means of survival and must be defended at all cost.

Krakens dwell in the depths of the settling tanks that you must quietly sail over and leviathans slip silently in the sediments of the pipe floor. Pirates and mutants and fucked up deep water cults are the only human contact beyond the lights of civilization but they aren't the problem. They've always been there far beyond the memory of man.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine did it better, and had more coherent and enjoyable characters.

Ron Moore is a hack who made DS9: 9/11 IN SPACE edition, and his serious seriousfag shit ruined BSG.

>Like, write a interest post of a 'day in life' or an adventure that takes place in this setting, that uses it's premisse of being a huge ship, and I'll stand corrected.
sure.

Alright gather around you little shits, it's time for class.

Today, we talk about The Ship, by which (of course) I mean we're going to talk about me. Now, first off, you need to understand that The Ship is an actual ship.

I'm getting blank looks- Just, let me explain.

Most on the Ship? They live and die without knowing what that really means. To them Ship, means home/world/everything. More than anything else, the Ship is just where we are. It also happens to be a form of transport, but few ever make the connection, and those that do generally can't conceive of it. Your average man will just assume it's one of those words that means 2 different things.

But I can tell you, definitively, that the two words mean the same thing.

See my homeland, well, our whole country really, was right by a window, so it was never a question for us where we were. The stars, and the outside-Yes, there is an Outside I'll talk more on it tomorrow -the void, are pretty obvious when you can look at them.

Stars? They're sort of little points of light cutting through the void, bright dots of fire. Like when light bleeds through a holey roof, but smaller, and a hell of a lot more of them. They were mostly tiny but, occasionally, a great big one would go by the ship.

Anyways, the window. It influenced our religion of course, we ended up prouder than most. Since, well, we /knew/. Our whole world, our whole universe, is something we built. Us, Humanity.

That sort of tends to put a feather in your cap.

Still even then, with the knowing of the stars, you can't quite conceive of it. I mean, I'm trying to explain it to you know, and I can see none of you really /get/ it. The sheer scale of the ship.

For me, that didn't even begin to happen until I was on the edge of manhood. I was...16 or so I think- Oi, I heard that! I'm younger than your mum for the Captain's sake- anyways, when I was 10 or so the power cut to the lights in our section. I spent the latter half of my childhood in the dark, but for the cold light of the stars. I, understandably, didn't like that. So, I left once I hit 16. Some, maybe even most, stayed. The stars aren't bright, but they're enough to see by, especially once you've adjusted to the dark. But there was always a brighter light far in the distance, many (me included) left to find somewhere brighter. I wasn't the first to leave, and I doubt I was the last.

In my case, I was probably always going to leave, even if the lights stayed on. I didn't have much of a future at home besides the glassworks. Our main export was shaped glass, scraped from the window, and made from beach sand. It'll probably become dangerous in a few thousand years, but the glass is thick enough that it'll last a good while.

So, where was I? Right, 16. I ...appropriated a transport, a pretty quick one to be honest, and left towards the brighter lights. First place was just the neighboring couple of countries. I never learned their actual names, we just called them the red fuckers and the green fuckers. We were constantly at war of course, so I got out of there right quick, and kept moving.

There were...gaps, between countries. Each one seemed to be built around a notable feature of some sort, and the space in between was much slower to grow...Honestly, I probably would have been screwed without my transport (though I had to abandon it a few years in), I never would have made the distance on food.

First town I stopped at after that was nice, though a little rural up until the first started of course. I was blamed for them, but I can assure you it wasn't my fault.

The place was built around a water- What? Yes, I'm getting to the part about the ship.

Any ways, in my travels...I saw The Ship. And, eventually, after almost a decade of travel and trouble, going farther than I had even though possible, I- I finally understood. I had spent time as a trader, a sailor, and (to be honest) time as a thief. I had seen dozens of different countries, and met hundreds of different people, and I had finally reached the end. Not, /here/, if that’s what you’re thinking. I mean I reached the end of the hallway. All the world I had ever known, everyone I had ever met, near a decade of constant travel, all of it, contained within a single hallway. And at the end? An elevator.

Yeah, like the little ones we have in buildings, only large enough to contain a city the size of a world. Also with advanced tech up the wazoo since they'd get the best from each floor.

But, back to my story. It was a wonderland, and I was a country bumpkin (comparatively of course). So, I did the obvious thing, and strolled into town. Shit happened, I pissed off a gang for a while, /led/ a gang for a while, was embroiled in a political coup, saw some of a few floors, was run out of town, and after putting some distance between myself and The Elevator, I ended up here, where I settled down with my reasonable, and perfectly legally made, fortune.

But, back to The Elevator. When I first saw it, that is the smallest I've ever felt. For the first time, I truly understood just how truly large The Ship might be. I saw a map the Vaters had been building of the other floors, and everything I’d traversed was barely more than a couple of inches of map. It would have taken me ten times as long with my transport, to even get to the next closest section of The Ship.

Basically, if the ship is this room, our whole town is the smallest hair on one of your heads.

Now, I know not all of you believe me, I know I wouldn't have at your age. Luckily, I’m not just going to tell you all this bullshit and hope you believe me, I can show you this crazy beautiful world. This is called a 'camera' pretty much the only thing I managed to keep over the years from back home. I can use it to make perfect pictures of something in front of me, I just need to feed it sand and inks and it imprints the image on glass lens. Luckily I figured out how to copy lenses over the years given how often one oof you will end up breaking them- Actually, interesting fact about cameras. Apparently most cultures manage to develop something like this- I'm getting off topic again aren't I? Anyways, to the back of the room with you.
Now, everyone to the back wall, and close the blinds. Pass me that candle will you? Alright, just let me position this right- There we go!
This is where I was born. A bit of a boring place, though I’m sore it looks suitably alien to you. Yes, almost everything had at least a little glass or sand in it, it was the most common material in the area after all. If you look to the right, see that building with the orangy-red center to it? That’s the glassworks. That green tinted building near it? That was my family’s house. Now, let me just- There.

See these? These cracks of light in the darkness?

These are the stars.

>it's a very solid show, both the old and the new one
Not a Traditional Game
Sage

Now, I know not all of you believe me, I know I wouldn't have at your age. Luckily, I’m not just going to tell you all this bullshit and hope you believe me, I can show you this crazy beautiful world.

This is called a 'camera' pretty much the only thing I managed to keep over the years from back home. I can use it to make perfect pictures of something in front of me, I just need to feed it sand and inks and it imprints the image on glass lens. Luckily I figured out how to copy lenses over the years given how often one of you will end up breaking them-

Actually, interesting fact about cameras. Apparently most cultures manage to develop something like this- I'm getting off topic again aren't I? Anyways, to the back of the room with you.

Now, everyone to the back wall, and close the blinds. Pass me that candle will you? Alright, just let me position this right- There we go!

This is where I was born. A bit of a boring place, though I’m sure it looks suitably alien to you. Yes, almost everything had at least a little glass or sand in it, it was the most common material in the area after all. If you look to the right, see that building with the orangy-red center to it? That’s the glassworks. That green tinted building near it? That was my family’s house. Now, let me just- There.

See these? These cracks of light in the darkness?

These are the stars.

and also

BTFO'd

Pretty much all of this could be done exactly the same on just one hive of Necromunda.

With more giant spiders. And cool gangs.

And conceivability, yes. Plus there's a point in a hive. There's no point inhavin a trillion crew inside a ship if they dont even know that's where they are. They just slowly destroy it from inside by scrapping materials.

BSG was hype back in the day, but in retrospect, yeah it got pretty bad towards the end.

Good cast, tho.

>It's a very solid show

Really? I was lost interest-wise like, halfway through. It stopped being a cool-if-somewhat-derivative sci-fi spaceship show to...I dunno, a low-budget drama?

Also I'm sorry, but the villains were not intimidating at all. The robots were, I guess, but the people? Jesus fuck, no. And the ending didn't make any sense at all. Was it magic? Why did the girl just magically exist as a real person despite being dead, and then just stop existing at the last episode? The Earth thing was...a half-clever twist, I guess?

It had a good cast, but I feel like they were mostly wasted.

Especially Roslin and Adama

There's a huge shift in the third season, where the focus shifts from military/sci-fi drama to character drama.

Both had always been present, but the attention paid to each swaps over around New Caprica, and the show was always better at the former than the later.

Like, early on, the focus is on water shortages or attacking fuel depos or the tensions between Galactica and Pegasus, with stuff like Apollo and Starbuck's romance or his poor relationship with his father in the background.

The attack on the Cylon secret base ship at the end felt almost like an afterthought.

do people just watch shows to specifically look for inane crap to complain about? The characters were fine. The show was fine.

I barely made it through the first season. Interesting premise,

The premise is pretty dumb, no-one's going to argue that. But it starts pretty decent and gets good quickly. By the end of the first season, the human is already thoroughly crazy. And the alium chicks situation is resolved fairly quickly.

Literally played that just last night. All the expansions, all the way to Earth. What a fantastic game.

I didn't really like Farscape that much. I mean, the human was a decent character, and I wanted to bang the grey chick, but everything else about the show was kind of ass.

It doesn't help that I fucking despise episodic, clearly-low-budget "human but with stuff on it's face" sci-fi. Which is, let's be honest, all TV sci-fi.

Have you sold your kidney to buy them?

That's actually not my copy. But, now that I've played the game with all the expansions, I'm seriously considering dropping the cash to buy the two I'm missing, plus sleeves for the cards, plus that wooden insert cause my god that speeds up setup tremendously.

The human tendency to scrap bits of the ship, even when it was stupid to do so, was accounted for by the God-Captain and the Architects of The Ship.

Eldar constantly sing new raw material into being and the Mechanicus will always have work making and installing spare parts.

The human population eating away at the ship as fast as it is repaired ensures that it stays shiny and new.

How can the mechanicus manufacture a whole piece of glass the size of france? Does the ship have a production line for france sized windows type A, and then another for type B?

You see where I am going here. The logistical nightmare of having a ship that size and having and produce stuff for it inside it...

Plus like...Why are the ship build out of scale? Sure people need miles of pipes, but why are the corridors big enough to fit a town inside? And the elevators? Why not just truck size elevators and more of them more spaced? Why not human size corridors and tram serving as 'international' transport? Why country sized windows instead of you know, lots of tiny ones where they fit?

Why CARRY people who are not part of the crew? If all the ship is connected by pipes, wires, lifesupport, doesnt this means that like, they should all be super integrated into the ship's functionality? People wage war inside it? Like, how's that benefical to anyone ever?

Who pilots the ship? Where are they going? They just wander? Why? Why not just a huge space station?

Where does the fuel comes from?

the problems won't stop emerging.

>How can the mechanicus manufacture a whole piece of glass the size of france? Does the ship have a production line for france sized windows type A, and then another for type B?
Yes

>Plus like...Why are the ship build out of scale? Sure people need miles of pipes, but why are the corridors big enough to fit a town inside? And the elevators? Why not just truck size elevators and more of them more spaced? Why not human size corridors and tram serving as 'international' transport? Why country sized windows instead of you know, lots of tiny ones where they fit?
Pic related

>Why CARRY people who are not part of the crew?
Everyone pitched in to see The Ship got away. Everyone got a ticket.
>If all the ship is connected by pipes, wires, lifesupport, doesnt this means that like, they should all be super integrated into the ship's functionality?
They have lots of backups
>People wage war inside it? Like, how's that benefical to anyone ever?
It isn't. Orks running rampant is less beneficial.

>Who pilots the ship?
The God-Captain
>Where are they going?
Only he an the Senior Navigators know. Mostly at the time of departure people were more concerned with the "From" than the "To".
>They just wander?
They've been going in more or less a straight line.
>Why?
To get away
>Why not just a huge space station?
They don't move

>Where does the fuel comes from?
Contained micro-universes.

>Why did the girl just magically exist as a real person despite being dead, and then just stop existing at the last episode?
Her resurrection was a literal miracle. She was sent by God to guide the humans to our Earth.

>There's a huge shift in the third season, where the focus shifts from military/sci-fi drama to character drama.
This. Battlestar Galactica was a great military SF for a mass market TV show, but it just became a soap opera.

(new)BSG suffered from trying to do what Babylon 5 did but without actually having a plan.

Sure, Babylon 5's plan got modified over and over, but it did have contingencies built in for actors dropping out and a clear end goals to work towards.

BSG didn't. The writers I think have even testified that by season 3 they were picking who was a cylon by throwing darts at pictures.
And if you're going to claim that 'they have a plan' right in the fucking intro, you better actually have a plan.

Now if only B5 could have had BSG's budget and overall quality of actors...

With the exception of the commander of B4 and the captain of the exploration vessel I would say B5 had some pretty damn fine actors.

You can't tell me you didn't tear up a little bit at Passing Through Gethsemane.

>BSG didn't. The writers I think have even testified that by season 3 they were picking who was a cylon by throwing darts at pictures.
Bullshit. It's true they didn't plan it at the start, but they decided it at pre-season writer's conferences. They decided who the Final Five were at the start of Season 3, according to the making-of documentary that aired before the finale, and they generally tried to pick the most anti-Cylon and intolerant characters like Saul Tigh.

That's why I went with 'overall' as the operative word. B5 had a lot of actors who whilst clearly enjoying the parts and having a lot to work with, many were just kinda average.

>You can't tell me you didn't tear up a little bit at Passing Through Gethsemane.

No, but Sleeping in Light. Every fucking time.
That right there is how you end a show on a high note.

>How come Veeky Forums doesn't love battlestar Galactica?
I just don't find people being assholes in space to be a very compelling narrative.

Seriously, after a while, I started cheering for the murderous robot doppelgangers. At least they displayed some politeness and civility now and then.