NEW TRIAL BOARD: QST

so, why do we have quest threads in Veeky Forums?

haven't they their own board?

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/tg/search/text/qst/deleted/deleted/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it's still a trial board.

Didn't you get banned once already?

I wish you guys would stop ban evading like this

Because the board was poorly implemented. Also all the shitty mods and janitors are deleting posts on Veeky Forums complaining about quests rather than just moving the quests.

I literally got banned for "abusing the report system" because I reported a quest thread on Veeky Forums. Fuck this gay Earth.

In the appropriately edited words of Andrew Jackson: "Veeky Forums has made their decision, now let them enforce it."

You're gonna have to do more than point out a new board to people in order for them to go there. Get a crowbar and force them in.

1. TRIAL BOARD, there it no obligation to go there yet.
2. Stop ban evading, the mods hate it when people backseat moderate for them.

Because it's a trial board and unanimous opinion is that it's implementation is shit.

Until the board becomes permanent you'll have to deal with quest threads on Veeky Forums.

Because instead of banning people posting quest threads they're banning people pointing out that quests now belong elsewhere.

Veeky Forums moderation and janitorial services in a nutshell.

Why do you guys wait until night time to post these?
Or is it just that the only ones of these that make it through are during the night?
I'm curious as to the hows and whys you shitposters shitpost.

The mods are asleep now usually, so they don't get smacked with a mallet.

Something needs to be done about these ban-evaders.
Maybe word filters on qst?

Nah they'd simply post about /q.st/ instead

>they're banning people pointing out that quests now belong elsewhere.

Well, when the posts pointing them out look like this...

Why do some people hate quests so much? Seriously, I don't get it. It's furry-tier screeching, and it's not even over anything unique. "They're shit," no shit, you're on Veeky Forums. "Waifu slut quest," no shit, this is elf raep what do central. "They're everywhere clogging up the board," openly demonstrable bullshit on both numbers and alternatives. "Not Veeky Forums related," bullshit because they literally are traditional games and they're far from the only edge cases around.

I don't understand what pisses you nerds off so much, and I definitely don't understand why it doesn't apply to a bunch of other things. Are they just popular enough to make ragetrolling them an attractive option, or is there something actually there?

Not all posts pointing out this simple fact are that shrill, friendanon. And regardless of the tone, the message is still correct.

don't bump the thread, user.
They're just the board police. They're mad about anything that's not their favorite, and have rallied around what they feel to be blood in the water.

user, you spent eight years breaking board rules to complain about quests.
It only makes sense that the mods would allow quests off of the quest board for about eight years.
Welcome to the world of literally everyone who isn't you who is so tired of you bitching.

I for one don't want other people using this board for forum games, that's all. This board is for discussion, any actual sessions should be taken somewhere else. It doesn't matter if quests are Veeky Forums or not, what matters is that they're forum games.

>they literally are traditional games
Not every role playing game is a traditional game. Video game rpgs go on the video game boards, ttrpgs go on the tabletop board, forum games go on gaiaonline.

It'd be nice if retards like
would form reasonable opinions like that.
I bet the launch of the new board would have went well if it was made under such pretenses.

It's largely legacy irritation from when they actually were clogging up the board, and the catalogue wasn't a thing. And damn it, if they're finally offering the fix that should have been here six years ago then I want to see it actually work.

And it would just make the board look neater to have them gone, because they are so flagrantly off-topic, so jarringly at odds with the rest of the board. Obviously it hasn't made the board unreadable for me, because eight years later I'm still checking in now and again, but it's a niggling annoyance that it would be so beautiful to see sorted out.

Or if, you know, the people who wanted the board made were the same people who make and play in quests.

Ban evading is serious business, OP.

'if the people who wanted the board' I mean.

I bet it would have gone exactly the same.

>ad hominem
People saying forum games shouldn't be held on discussion boards have said exactly that over and over and over. Eventually people are going to stop replying to what is usually bait with calm, erudite explanations.

yeah, the board actually having any form of demand would be nice. Too bad that's just not there, other than people who are apparently willing to ban evade.
Which really does a lot for the "there's like two guys who hate quests, and they just IP scam" theory.

I'll give you the first bit. Just saying that your claims that "they're not all REEEEposts" doesn't mean that a notable portion aren't seriously undermining your efforts with what they post.

You always couple that argument with bullshit like how 50% of the board is quests, user.
You can't honestly claim to have ever attempted reasonable communication when your primary arguments are based around how many quests there are.

From what I heard, the complaints are also specifically only on Veeky Forums even if /mlp/ has quests.

OP, fuck off and learn how to filter.

It's pretty much been confirmed that antiquestfags on Veeky Forums are just grudge holding banned tripfags.

>your primary arguments are based around how many quests there are
Did I argue that in ?

No, you just argued the thing you shitposted about against board rules for eight years.

I'm not willing to entertain any complaints about "non Veeky Forums content" with a group like you that actively ban evades when their content is deleted and they are banned.

It's as if Veeky Forums has higher standards than the my little pony board, somehow.

>LITERALLY everyone who has ever complained about any quest ever is me
Are you being intentionally retarded?

Sorry user, once your side starts being known as ban evaders, and after they gain an eight year history of posting off topic and getting deleted, they become less credible when they dictate what is or is not Veeky Forums.

>your side my side
>not judging individual posts on the merits of that post alone
Why are you even on Veeky Forums?

"side"
There is no cabal of people getting together to get quests off this board, just disgruntled users who don't like quests.

When you have codified shitposters ban evading, you become a side.

If you don't like that people treat you by the opinions of your peers, perhaps you should try moderating your peers.

You're insane.

>hurr durr le ban evasion maymay
Do you have anything else to say or are you just going to keep screaming this until everyone goes away?

you should try a tag system. I hear it works well.
It doesn't really matter, you're just going to keep reposting this thread regardless how many times it gets deleted.

There's more than one person who is desperately waiting for quests, cyoas, and risk/civ games to gtfo.

Because "muh archives"

Says the person in support of the people actually screaming about something.

Dude just piss off

Oh boy, it's time for australia time shitposting!
What do I see here? Why, it's a wat do thread! And over there! A quest complaint thread!
Truly, us australians are the tip top of civilization.

I'd rather there be screaming about something than screaming about nothing.

Look I've said this a hundred times and I'll say it again

1. /qst/ was poorly implemented

2. /qst/ was made 2 hours after it was announced to happen

3. The quest fandom didn't want to leave

4?. The mod who did it was a cunt

5?. Pretty sure that mod did it without the support of all the janitors and other mods leading to contradictory rules/banning reasons

That culminated into a shitshow that is now.

>Le australian shitposters

I hate this meme

How about no screaming whatsoever?

Because most of the people who argue IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS tend to be people who argue against quests.

I'm not saying I did the math on how many, and I certainly can't seem like an unbiased party, but it seems like the guys who tend to go antiquest do get loud and frogpost a bunch more.

Sorry australian bretheren, it's hard not to take pride in our national heritage as people who post low quality content during the hours the mods are asleep.

There are enormous homos on both sides of the issue who baitpost and samefag and falseflag, sometimes all at the same time, but there are a large number of people who simply don't want forum games of any kind. If there were people who insisted on play MTG via forum post every single day, multiple threads at a time, people would get tired of pointing them towards services that would be better suited to their needs like lackey. Fortunately we don't have that problem, afaik.

user, there's a large amount of people who don't mind forum games.
Heck, there's people like me who don't play them but feel their removal is a terrifying thing reminiscent of early days of nazimod.

I have learned to never, ever listen to the not-muh-board crowd after that fiasco. Especially given how every time I check in on them, they're -always- shitposting, and now they've taken to ban evading.

But why do people care whether quest threads are here or on the trial board?
I can't remember how many threads I scroll past because I dislike them or am disinterested every time I browse. What's half a dozen more?

Just look on the bright side, then. If all the quests go to /qst/ they can have their protags as 4cc players!

I didn't say shit for all the years that the mods dumped quests on Veeky Forums and they had nowhere else to go. It wasn't an ideal situation but them's the rules.

Now quests have their own board, I'm asking them to leave.

That's not a very good bright side when compared to the stark fear of an age of all OC being systemically trimmed off one by one, followed by a bleak winter after the nazimod is removed yet again but before we've regrown any of our content creators.

The not-muh-board crowd isn't just anti-quest. We learned this once. We can't forget it.

what the tits are you talking about?

Sorry user, if that is the case you're sitting in a situation of "some asshole ruined it for you".
Now you can't hold your stance without being associated with shitposters, ban evaders, and people working to the general detriment of the board as a whole.

The days of the nazimod, user.
It started slow then went fast. First the things that might be considered edge cases, then character art, then storytimes, and then before you know it there's nothing left.

Drawthreads and writefags were the old "thing ruining Veeky Forums" a while back. And a mod took up that opinion and literally obliterated everything creative from the board (And a few other things for good measure).
For a while, anything that wasn't strictly about (then modern) editions of D&D, 40k, and MtG was in danger of being deleted and everyone involved 3 day banned or worse. Even fluff threads for those games would get deleted sometimes, and threads about other games were arbitrarily deleted once in a while. Nazimod was big on No True Scotsmaning anything that wasn't the very few things he liked.

So you're saying your entire argument is the slippery slope fallacy?

It's not an argument, user.
It's me saying "I am terrified of this because it is exactly like the early years of the nazimod".
We've already learned the board police aren't just after any one thing. To forget it now would be foolishness.

I'm probably going to get a new asshole for this, but what exactly is wrong with /qst/? I mean, more specifically than "it's shit." I haven't been around for a week or two and I (presumably) missed most of the drama.

>and people working to the general detriment of the board as a whole.

Oh, you mean those people who threw a fit and refused to move to the new board and shitposted in quests that did try it?

basically anti-quest posters have been shitposting and ban evading constant "why are quests here" threads like this one over and over for a couple weeks.

The mods have publically banned them, and they persist, obviously showing no care for the board's quality.

I don't think it's a slippery slope fallacy if it's explicitly referring to things that actually happened in recent memory.

No, I'm talking about the people who pitched a fit for eight solid years of shitposting.
I'll be talking about the questfags after eight more years of this, but until then, I'm still more angry at the first group.

That's not answering his question, user. Actually, it's highlighting a major advantage /qst/ has over Veeky Forums, which is that nobody will resent your presence and shit in your threads.

Although to be fair, prior to nazimod was the peak of elf slave wat do and shitty low effort smut threads, so there was at least one thing good in his wake, in that those became a lot rarer during and ever since his reign of terror.

Yeah, I gathered as much. I'm just kind of curious why all the questers hate the idea so much. I'm not trying to call anyone out, I'm just like to hear both sides.

As someone who lurks in quests, there has been more shitposting in quest threads over the past week alone than the entire year before that.

Nobody did that. You might have got the odd drive-by shitposting but stop acting like there was anyone on an incessant crusade.

Because nobody who actually makes or plays in quest threads wanted the board.

He asked what the drama was about, user.
I told him. The drama was about anti-quest shitposters raiding Veeky Forums with shitposts. It's pretty public to neutrals.

From what I gather in these late night shitpost fests, anti-quest posters are dedicated shitposters who followed them to the new board.

Yes, on Veeky Forums. Can you see why this might be happening?

Sorry user, but after eight years of consecutive shitposting against mod rulings, It doesn't really matter.

You can only OP one thread at a time, among other things, so guys who like to run more than one quest got fucked, especially since so many quests aren't on /qst/ so it takes extra long to get bumped off the board.

No, on both places.
Anti-quest shitposters don't stop shitposting just because they're off Veeky Forums. Why do you think they would?
They're not members of Veeky Forums, they're here to shitpost.

But why is there that resentment towards getting a whole board dedicated to quests?
Quest threads are frequent enough not only on Veeky Forums but other boards as well that it seems to be a good solution to consolidate them.

No, the question was what's wrong with /qst/ and why can't you just go there and be done with this shit?

No, on /qst/ as well, some of which I'm sure can be contributed to the new board smell.
desustorage.org/tg/search/text/qst/deleted/deleted/
Things were fine before /qst/ was created and now there's an exponentially increased amount of shitposting and a whole lot of drama that didn't need to happen.

Sorry user, I'm a neutral who is here pointing out that this is very similar to a series of events that happened in recent memory, and that one of the groups involved has shitposted for a solid eight years on the subject.
I won't be going to /qst/ either way.

Shitposters followed and the mods are not nearly as attentive. It's buggy as fuck, and there is a sea of shit to slog through.

Nope, /qst/ too the shitpsoters are out in force there, and the mods are even lazier than Veeky Forums mods.

Buggy, poorly implemented, mods don't pay attention, even more shitposters. Even now Veeky Forums is better.

easier to get foot traffic for new quests on /tg then migrate to /qst after you have a dedicated group of people to follow your quest.

that, and the people that you would get from /tg make better questers than people you get from other boards generally.

lol you are delusional or incapable of arguing in good faith. Quests that remain in Veeky Forums are getting shit on, quests that quest peacefully on /qst/ don't get any of that. Point me to an "anti-quest shitposter" on /qst/, outside of the designated feedback thread.

The general idea seems to be that they aren't actually big enough to survive intact on their own board.
Forum games don't do well when isolated. Of course, this gets latched onto by the antis as some kind of parasitism, but it's a valid point. Very few people actually go looking for quests. They happen to see one while on a board for something else.
We'll have to see how it pans out once the /s4s/ and /b/ posters get bored of /qst/, but it's entirely possible that the board will be dead in a month, which is very bad for quests.

Because the whole thing was done like it was a goddamn afterthought, and after there was a year long rest in the shitposting regarding it.

>anti-quest poster
>complaining someone else isn't arguing in good faith
that's a good one.

Sure, but you got one anyway. Would you be as opposed to the idea if it had existed the entire time (ie it's fundamentally flawed in some way you can explain more specifically than "it's shit and no one asked for it")? Or is it just because it's new and change is scary?

>anti-quest posters are dedicated shitposters who followed them to the new board.
Wait, what? Then what do they even want?

>Point me to an "anti-quest shitposter" on /qst/, outside of the designated feedback thread
They get deleted (mostly) and there's no 4plebs equivalent for /qst/ so the in-place archives don't pick them up.

>Still has a host of glitches, don't think the thread watcher ever got fixed
>72 hour permasage
>"features" linked solely to OP IP instead of the trip they use to start the thread, which is inconvenient at the best of times and makes text formatting a completely useless feature at the worst
These are just the things that are actual, current problems which I am aware of. There's a lot of other stuff that could become a problem or is largely considered to be suboptimal but not directly problematic (fuck IDs).

/qst/ has a pretty significant amount of shitposting, actually. Someone coming by every hour to say then get banned is a lot more manageable.

>this change is terrible because it's overdue

>Wait, what? Then what do they even want?
I've never been able to tell, really.
They just seem to shitpost for the sake of shitposting, even in threads with no relation to quests.

If it was made, say, 5 years ago when quests were actually fairly large and obtrusive, it would have been fine.
But quests have been on a downswing for literally years. In the weeks before /qst/ was opened, 7.7% of Veeky Forums weekly traffic was quests, to use exact numbers from the archives, with low days seeing less than 5 quests and high points being about 20 in an entire day.

>/qst/ was poorly implemented
So is this the hot new meme everyone is spouting around here?