Knowing that trolls are bigger, dumber ogres that regenerate, what the fuck are warcraft

knowing that trolls are bigger, dumber ogres that regenerate, what the fuck are warcraft
""""trolls"""?

My guess would be hobgoblins, but still they too different from them.

>Trolls are bigger dumber ogres

LITERALLY depends on the setting.

>Warcraft trolls aren't trolls
>Smaug is a wyvern
>My arbitrary definition of a fantasy creature that's been reinterpreted so many different ways as to make it difficult to even nail down a single attribute of it that could be considered "universal" is the correct one

Undersized, social, South american native trolls

Nobody thinks you're funny or entertaining, and you're right about no one liking you

pic

I like it. Since "Troll" refer to the big ones, What would their race be called?

holy shit read the OP. the preface is that we're working with the DnD default campaign setting (in which trolls are bigger and dumber than ogres and also regenerate) - what are Warcraft trolls most similar to in such a setting?

it even depends on the REGION

Where the hell did green trolls come from then?

Something like this is usually what comes to mind to me.

Your OP says nothing whatsoever about DnD, so how you expected anyone to infer your intentions from that vague two lines of text is beyond me.

Anyway, I'd say Warcraft Trolls and DnD Hobgoblins are pretty different, and you can probably find a Warcraft dnd pdf out there somewhere, so just use that if you can't be bothered to make up stats for them yourself.

Yet, you did infer them just fine.

Not sure it still counts as inferring something when you have to flat out say it in a salty response to the people telling you it depends on the setting.

My guess would be Three Hearts and Three Lions which had green regenerating trolls very early. (1961)

savage humans with different skin tone

I came to the conclusion that trolls only need to regenerate. Aside from that, go nuts with your trolls.

Bored jackasses on the internet with nothing better to do.

I get the feeling you don't understand what "infer" means.

what of it's origins?

In that case make they're just funny looking elves with some kind of racial ability based on the Regenerate spell. They're called trolls because of a translation error or something.

Very well, what shall they new name be? half-trolls?

>the preface is that we're working with the DnD default campaign setting (in which trolls are bigger and dumber than ogres and also regenerate)

That's actually wrong though, at least for D&D as it was when Warcraft was created. Trolls being Ogres+ only became a thing in 3e onward. This is an oldschool D&D troll.

Warcraft trolls are mutated/degenerate elves that split off into a distinct race from elves after enough generations.

Warcraft trolls are to Warcraft elves what LoTR orcs are to LoTR elves

In warcraft's case, trolls weren't purposely created, they were just a natural result of Elves fucking with magic more than they should have

But in Warcraft trolls came first. Elves were just dark trolls that stumbled upon the well of eternity. Or did blizz retcon all of this again?

If we base our view of trolls from the folklore where they originated, the DnD trolls and their regeneration is also really weird.

warcraft trolls comfirmed for having little impotent dicks

Ah you know what, you're right, I got it backwards

After checking the wow wiki, Trolls did indeed come first, and then night elves came after

That was my bad, I didn't remember the story correctly and got them mixed up

Fa/tg/guys always told me the elfs came first

So, shouldn't the elfs gtfo of the troll's lands?

In most threads people would answer question, giving their opinions and continuing a discussion, i have notice tg doesn't like question, you guys musn't be very creative i guess.

The problem with threads like these is that they assume D&D to be a default setting.

If we're doing this shit, first we assume actual mythology as a default (look ).
Then we can continue with OP's unnecessary and arbitrary classification of imaginary creatures.

Come on, that's just /pol/ bait.

From what we've seen in Warcraft so far, the dark trolls that used to live there are exceedingly rare. No harm in occupying the vast tracts of land that the dark trolls aren't using.

Plus, some of the dark trolls are perfectly content to cooperate with the elves for a price. The player is able to hire a bunch of dark troll mercenaries during the final mission of WC3.

Actually, elves are just funny looking trolls.

>How do I circle the square of X thing and Y thing being related in one game but NOT RELATED in a totally different game?

I typically think of a lanky, wiry, pointy nosed thing with long arms, big hands and bad skin when I think of trolls. (Trolls that aren't tolkien's trolls that is)

Warcraft trolls are kinda similar looking, just less grotesque.

>No harm in occupying the vast tracts of land that the X aren't using.

spoken like a jew

mercenary are assumed to be in there for gameplay reasons

They're trolls.

Not everything needs to confirm to either D&D or 40k, some settings are allowed to not be shit.

> i can't read, am mad for some reason and am autistic/underage

>less grotesque

Than they ain't trolls

>D&D or 40k
>shit

you are correct, but when did OP mentioned?

The "gameplay mechanics" explanation is pretty blurry since the player can run into a bunch of trolls labeled as the "Shadowtooth clan" and IIRC, they have dialogue pledging their allegiance to the night elves.

According to the wiki, they're also mostly subterranean, so it's not like they really give a shit about the surface world.

Best troll