Kingdom Death

KD Thread.
Never seen one on Veeky Forums, hope it isn't banned here or anything.

Also, is there an user kind enough to upload the rulebooks? I really need those and simply cannot find them.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653618369
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655153322
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640627225
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620390853
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669395942
mega.nz/#F!cQpwWZTI!XuopIJPMtTCp4o4-_CdGIg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Honestly, I love the monster design. I just wish that the entire thing wasn't sold out 24/7.

We need more lovecraftian nightmare crapsack world TTGs.

It has some stuff that should belong on /d/ but it's not banned here as far as I know.

What scale are these?

I BELIEVE, and don't take my word for it, that the miniatures run at 35mm... but there's many figurines, especially for the nightmarish monsters, that are significantly taller.

>Never seen one on Veeky Forums

Which isn't saying much, considering that you've been here for, what, all of five minutes?

Survivors (player minis) are 'heroic scale' IIRC.
The monsters are all bigger. Usually much bigger.

Ignore the one on the left, it's a special super big thing.

>Survivors (player minis) are 'heroic scale' IIRC.
Nope, 35mm. Heroic scale is 28mm. It might be "close enough" at a glance but if you make, say mixed unit, it will stand out.

Haven't seen a full scan of the core rules, to my knowledge, but I'm sure one is floating around somehwere.

I would upload the expansion book scans, but I'm going to be away from my laptop most of the day.

Well, any bit helps. I'm trying to put together the rules for TableTop Simulator, so even having the expansions covered would help me get to work.
If this thread lives when you return, I'd be very grateful for your help.

There's already a TTS mod.

There's FIVE.

None of them have rules incorporated.

I found this collection of files for Tabletop Simulator, which means we should be able to play the game with a copy of the rulebook.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653618369
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655153322
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640627225
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620390853

Here's a fifth file:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669395942
This is some homebrew and I know nothing about how useful or balanced it is.

What are the rules for this game actually like? I can't find any reviews, PDFs, videos, nothing. Not even the KDM website explains how the game actually plays, just its setting concept.

What interesting mechanics does this game have?

Yes, I know of those things.
Thank you for the attempted help, by the way
But as you said, "we should be able to play the game with a copy of the rulebook"

Which is why I asked for the copy of the rulebook

mega:///#!H8R3SB5A!xn_T1R4c_w_qqwxxmEP zs_j4ldD0Rf9FLycpcFXjuEg

I have been succesful in finding one. All we need now are the expansion rulebooks which I hope will upload.

Errr, misclicked.

Which I hope will upload.

There's lots of videos on youtube ranging from just showing the basics to full playthroughs

If the threads alive by the time I get back home.

I just wish I could find the human form of the Dragon King without buying the entire set. It's a gorgeous mini.

Timezone issues will prevent me from keeping it alive much longer. I hope you get the chance. If not, be so kind and watch for the same thread tommorrow.

Learning the rules is one thing. I need the scans, the cards... and most importantly, I need the EXACT wording of anything as it is written in the rulebook. Because yes, I'm the type of asshole to exploit Those Exact Words.

Rule of Death sort of supercedes rules lawyering a bit. Pretty much says "if you can't figure out how the rules are meant to work in an instance, go with whatever is the most detrimental to the players' continued survival."

"If you can't figure out", yes.
But if something is illogical, but not forbidden - allow me an example.

The game works in such a way that you can lose both arms and break your jaw.

Nowhere in the rulebook exists a single sentence saying that under those conditions you cannot use the Tooth and Fist fighting style.

So by rules lawyering, technically, you could slap the enemy with severed hands and gnaw them to death with teeth you have no control over.

If matters are unclear, Rule of Death is the golden standard. I recognize and respect that.
But I'm more focused on a very very smug "the rules don't say I can't".

>Still trying to freefag the game.
You're not finding the rulebook because Poots specifically asked it not be included in the TTS mod so parasites like yourself wouldn't be able to play.

That said he may be making a poorfag version so you may be spared.

Are you still the colombeaner user? Or new poorfag?

>Nowhere in the rulebook exists a single sentence saying that under those conditions you cannot use the Tooth and Fist fighting style.
It does though.

The game seems like a mix of Dark Souls and Monster Hunter. You kill big bads to get stuff, which can upgrade your camp and allow you to tech, and you can build armor, weapons, and consumables out of them.

It's also quite FUN and you can get wrecked if you don't check yourself even on milkruns.

Considering I have no idea who or what a "colombeaner" is, I think new.

That said, I didn't know that Poots requested this. That clears things up a little.

THAT said, 'parasite' is a bit harsh.
I WOULD buy the game if it wasn't SOLD OUT for MONTHS on end.

I'm not crying about the price - all TTGs are expensive, and that's alright.
But it's an interesting, somewhat unique game. I want to play it.
If they cannot keep up production, well, I'm going to have to find other solutions until I can support them the way they deserve.

>mega:///#!H8R3SB5A!xn_T1R4c_w_qqwxxmEP zs_j4ldD0Rf9FLycpcFXjuEg
how do I into the link?

It was literally only sold out at the end of last month.
It's been available for ages so you must've not been looking very hard. They even sent out a "ok guys last 50 boxes" email. So if you really were committed to buying it I'd think you'd at least be of the mailing list.

Don't lie.

Weird. Didn't ask me for a decryption key.
mega.nz/#F!cQpwWZTI!XuopIJPMtTCp4o4-_CdGIg
Here's a high res version

I know only what I am told, which is, and I quote "a backlog for months" I inferred from that.

I only came to know this game even existed /today/
I would've supported the kickstarter otherwise.

Don't doubt my fucking commitment.
Not everyone on this board is poor.

To be fair, we have the stereotype of the anorexic NEET tucked away in his parent's basement, with all his money spent on expensive hobbies for a reason.

Some day when I have graduated from University (College to Americans) I'll spend disposable income on swords, games and shit.

And it will be a good life. I believe in you. O7

Well, either anorexic or the exact opposite.
Fa/tg/uys, ho.

We had regular threads leading up to the release but it's quieted down to regular board game levels since.

Played my first game the other day, we threw all of our rocks during the first story and proceeded to get slaughtered in our first hunt.

You feel like telling?
I love Veeky Forums stories and I've never read one about KDM.

>Some day when I have graduated from University (College to Americans) I'll spend disposable income on swords, games and shit.

Some day you'll graduate, nailing the next major economic bubble bursting, not getting any job, and once the jobs start coming back you're neither a fresh graduate nor experienced, at which point there's no torture or blackmail on earth or in hell that'll stop HR from just tossing your CV in the bin the moment they notice that.

>Heroic scale is 28mm.

Heroic scale can be of any size, it refers to "cartoony" proportions. Here's 54mm heroic scale.

>College to Americans
You don't think we know what uni is?
You don't think we have ones called 'universities?'

Ssh, stop killing my dreams.

Not everyone here is American, but most people have some understanding of American higher education.

Unfortunately it's not actually a very interesting story, but it's pretty indicative of how I imagine most games go.

We went in, with few expectations of survival. Someone named his character Lion Bait for the survival point, and that set the stage for Fresh Meat, Walking Corpse (myself) and Avenger. The last guy had more confidence in his survival.

Game starts, lion attacks, we attack him back, we complain about missing all of our attacks since your initial hit chance is a bit less than 50%. That's when we make our first mistake.

Someone, I forgot who, pointed out the free critical hits on throwing the stones. At this point we didn't really know what critical hits were, but it seemed like a good idea to toss everything. We got a pair of lion testes from it, and we figured the difficulty was greatly exaggerated for a group of experienced gamers. We left the fight more or less unscathed, reached the settlement, rolled a lantern 10 to get the max starting survivors. We thought we were set to win the game, and loaded two of ours up in armour for equipment bonuses before the next encounter. That was a mistake.

Our first hunting phase went well enough, we didn't really run into any hazards on the way. We did get one event where we discovered two pair of lion tracks and had the opportunity to hunt a weaker, younger lion. We opted to continue after the large one. That was a mistake.

We meet the lion, draw some terrain cards, there're three patches of grasses on the field. Loads of cover, we think we have it.

The lion's first move is to go on top of Lion Bait, we agreed it was appropriate to pick him as a target. Makes both attacks, Lion Bait pops his survival to dodge them. That was a mistake.

On our turn he attacks the lion. We go right into a trap, goes straight for Bait's head as I remember it.

He's decapitated.

>Those names
Fucking brilliant.

Yeah, Founding Stones are immensely powerful and rare from what I understand. Not that they bother to point this out in anything but experience.

Thanks for sharing, that was a good read!

Or is there more?

At this time we're still thinking, not too bad, just poor luck and inexperience in wasting our survival. We move in with fist and tooth, swinging at the lion and to keep it flanked. We miss every attack. It is now evident to us that we should've gone for weapons before armour.

The rest of the fight unfortunately lacks any standout moments. He's wearing us down, our luck on defense isn't bad so we're standing, but we're failing to put any hits in on him. We have Avenger at his front in the grass, I and Fresh Meat at his back. Seemed like a good position, just had to wear him out and hope the trap doesn't come up.

It didn't ever come up, we got fucked well before that. I forget the condition on it, but the lion darts forward on one of our attacks, drags Avenger across the ground and mauls him on the opposite side. He quickly enters severe injuries, takes two to his arms, losing one entirely and the other is crushed. Interestingly enough it didn't make him any worse at fist fighting, but eventually a swipe to the gut puts him down.

I'm not sure what compelled him since we didn't have the innovation to run, but Fresh Meat bails. Starts running away from the Lion. I take point in the grass, hoping that RNG will work out in my favour when the lion turns around.

It does not. He crushes my legs and I go down.

Fresh Meat's still running, we called it endurance hunting but it was clear to everyone we were gone here. The lion chases him down easily, 6 move to 5 and no sprint innovated. We were taking bets on how Fresh Meat would go down, mine was on the legs, thought it'd be funny circumstances being what they were.

None of us won the bet, had to pick up the rulebook to remind myself exactly what happened there.

>Head explosion! Your head erupts in a shower of gore, killing you instantly. All other survivors are so disturbed that they lose 1 survival.

We stopped the session there, we're undecided on whether to continue with the settlement.

You can salvage the gear and considering you have maximum starting bodies, loss of four isn't THAT much of a big deal.
On the other hand, crafting only two weapons and being out of Founding Stones will make for a bad position...

We didn't make any weapons at all is the main concern. We suited up with two sets of hide for head-body-arms and found out how hard it is to land hits without the founding stones.

I've been playing solo on TTS since I'm a faget. Last time I played I beat the Kingsman.

So here's a tip. Don't fight monsters as soon as they become available. The antelope will fuck you up and since you'll only get four antelope pieces it won't really be enough to get anything good for the butcher.

The butcher is a fucker. The butcher's a fucking asshole but I love his face. How serene and dreamy the eyes make him look even as he's murderfucking your entire party.

I want that face in Black Crusade, a Zen Khorne monk who's so mindful on killing that there's nothing else in his universe. He's not even angry.

I won't spoil actual mechanics. But designate a person to strike the killing blow against the kingsman, and make sure it's not somebody you really want to keep forever

General advicr for nemesis encounters is to take new characters in your best typical gear. If they die, it's not as big if a set back, and if they win, they get some XP and potentially some neat items. Also limits the risks of getting a lot of severe permanent injuries piling up with all the attacks they can pump out.

Think of each monster as a lesson or small quiz, the nemesis encounters are the midterms to make measure how you're doing, and the watcher is the end-of-term final that you didn't study for.

Back, will start posting expansion book scans, and limited card scans.

Did all the lewd stuff also have rules for the game? Lets see some of that user.

Only the gender swap belt and event.

Eh, it's largely accepted that the Watcher is actually pretty shitty for a last boss.
Kitted out Twilight Swordsmen in particular make mincemeat of him.

The King's Man is instead considered one of the harder fights in the base game I think. Due to his attack pattern, durability, and your general gear distribution when you meet him adds up to make him very difficult.

I don't know about the expansion stuff yet. I haven't played with any of mine. Been tempted to run a Veeky Forums dragon campaign or something though.

Sorry for the delay between posts. There's just a lot to do now that I'm home.

Woke up in time to post the right image.

Also the dragon king was worth every penny.

This has been a deeply disturbing game. Not sure who to play this with, it goes a bit FATAL...

It's nowhere near as fetishistic as FATAL. Yes, a select few parts are a bit
>random hunt event, roll 1d10
>1-5: You are entombed in feces and die
>6-10: You fall into a river of vomit and gain 5 insanity and a random disorder
but over all it is fairly standard tabletop fare.

Also, unlike FATAL, it isn't a completely broken, unfun piece of shit.

You, my friend, are a good and honorable man. Thank ye most kindly!

I just got to play my first game of this yesterday, our first session ended with a survivor going crazy and eating their husband's skull.

Sounds like storytelling time.

>University (College to Americans)

Nothing much else to tell really, we got the Skull Eater event, realized that the only survivor to die on that hunt was her husband (A survivor she had a baby with and formed a deep emotional bond) and then made the story from there.

That said, if there are any drawfags in the house I would appreciate a greased up Peggy Hill wearing a skull as a helmet with a pair of Katars.

Is that actually up to date and complete? I remember something about user taking it out of circulation and just making it available for TtS through other channels.

No idea. I just found this, having discovered the game the day before this thread was made. Somebody who read the old threads can hopefully confirm.

They come and go. I did get the banhammer once for posting Satan in all of it's tongued tit glory.

He's not that difficult if you do shit correctly. Fuck, I feel that the Butcher is a scarier opponent.

I find it funny that more people have an issue with the Armor of Living Tongues than... well, Satan Y's skirt of dicks.

It's probably because Satan X actually has her nipple exposed.

How much is the base game nowadays anyways? Something like 400$?

Speaking of the base game, where can I buy the base game? I've looked at their website but it's not there. Am I retarded and can't find it or is it not offered anymore or what? I just really want to play this game.

Sold out, and apparently has a rather large backlog. You're outta luck, mate.

So if I ordered now would I see it in a month, three, six, or are we talking years?

Right now your best bet is going to GenCon, and hoping that you can get one of the few full copies left. They will have about 60 copies of the game without modles due to production errors, if you want to try and snag one and lack of minis isn't a concern to you.

Otherwise, you might be on a waitlist for an unknown timespan.

400 plus shipping.

If you're in no hurry, wait for Black Friday, KD usually does some sort of a sale, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect anywhere between 25 and 50% off.

Fuck that sucks. Well fingers crossed for GenCon I guess.

I'm not holding my breath for new copies by Black Friday, based on the last newsletter.

Well, I didn't say it has to be this year's Black Friday.

Has anyone scanned the cards? I'd play the shit out of this on roll20.

Yes, it could be last year's black friday.

Someone made a board for Roll20 but I don't know if it includes any of the expansions.

Well, with some tinkering and the rulebooks acquired in this thread, I've got a fully functional version up and running on TTS.

Hell, with some more Tinkering I could probably precreate the Satan encounter.

There was already a TTS mod. And the Satan models have no use in game.

TTS Mod doesn't have expansion content

The only one with expansions had a shitty everything else
Hence, tinkering

Also, someone typed up a (I believe rather viable) custom nemesis encounter/showdown around Satan
It just needs to be written on cards and put in the game

>TTS Mod doesn't have expansion content
Yes it does, you must have the wrong one.

And there's no satan encounter. Like, the fuck are you talking about?

So what's with the lore of the game and stuff? What is this about twilight knights or white speakers? Is there more to the setting than explained in the tabletop?

Yes.

We don't know much about the White Speakers, but there's a lot on the Knights. They were a order that collected relics and knowledge but at one point their library was attacked and burned to the ground. Now the knights have no home and are accompanied by an Archivist who helps them control the Twilight vestments and sword that are the calling card of the order. Since they are slowly driven into insanity by the items if an Archivist isn't there to help.

The knights are brainwashed to be the vessel/carrier of sentient weapons. They each have an Archivist that takes care of the Twilight Sword, lug around a possibly-sentient tome, and keep the Knight's brains scrambled.
There is a mini in the store that is someone was scared out of brainwashing and deserted; and Guts is a TK who broke out of it and goes around being a badass and telling people not to be TKs. He still gets to use his Sword because of the prosthetic arm.

>Guts is a TK who broke out of it and goes around being a badass and telling people not to be TKs. He still gets to use his Sword because of the prosthetic arm.
lol where did you hear this

KS descriptions that didn't get referenced in the final material.