What do your guardsmen carry, Veeky Forums?

What do your guardsmen carry, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediacollege.com/audio/images/wave-interaction.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A heavy burden of protecting the Imperium of Man.

Manchild-tier obsessions. Inside of leather sacks.

weaponized poison spores in the form of a sprayer.

The Guardsmen were originally criminals sentenced to life farming for them until they were granted freedom and formed into a proper Guard Regiment.

Tau Pulse weapons that have been crammed into las-gun disguises of various qualities.

Can't do much about them shooting blue balls of plasma though, which has made the whole exercise rather moot.

Ancient archeotech design that we haven't quite figured out yet. For some reason we're capable of loading a variety of ancient grenades into the attachment, quickly and easily, that outperform the previous explosives we've been given. Form factor is absolutely amazing combated to the bricks, sir, Emperor bless the designers.

The standard issue lasguns, combat knives, armor, and burning desire to kill all xenos.

Halberds.

Shoggy?

Yup, that's me.

This beautaful thing right here.

>Mark of chaos

A eclectic collection of scavenged weapons and good chunk of uncommon ignorance

These. The Armageddon, a wonky, thousands of old piece of scrap with feeding problems, punishing recoil, broken extractor and fifteen-round mag. And yet I love it. Maybe because it chambers Heavy Stubber ammo.

Handy's just a regular side-by-side, cut down to an inch longer than the shell and with soldered-together triggers.

Cutter's the one carrying the 'nade launcher.

This is essentially our whole goddamn group.

oh, you know, simple things like recoilless rifles

That magazine looks tiny.

They carried all the emotional baggage of men who might die. Grief, terror, love, longing--these were intangibles, but the intangibles had their own mass and specific gravity, they had tangible weight. They carried shameful memories. They carried the common secret of cowardice.... Men killed, and died, because they were embarrassed not to.

An autogun that predates NASA and has the strangest ability to give the user a thirst for vodka.

It's based on the Kg m/37, a Swedish variant on the BAR, see pic. I probably fucked up a few details and all.

In OW I usually like the regiment having triplex-pattern lasguns for maximum versitality.

Even compared to that the magazine on your drawing looks small.

Eh, it is probably too small, although it should be said the m/37 has a 20 round mag, compared to the 15 of Ol' Armie.

Either way, not going back and re-drawing that gun. I've fiddled enough with it.

Du har helt rätt Froggy. Det var jag som skrev det där /Jak

>What do your guardsmen carry, Veeky Forums?
Nukes.

You crazy-ass Cawdor lunatic.

At least you drive properly.

Can we get rid of the noise now?

>Nukes.
Indeed.

Actually that got me thinking, if your GM allows variable setting rule, this might just be the 'best' lasgun.

I think if you set it to overcharge + have an overcharge pack upgrade, you could have a comfortable +5E weapon that fires 5 round on full auto (and lets face it, nobodies BS DoS reaches much higher than 5), with a 30rd mag.

It needs an auxilary weapon to be truely versitile. Im thinking a chain bayonet considering its supposed to be a ship board weapon. It even marginally out performes the shotgun, unless its close range.

Anyone got any other 'improved' lasgun types? Ive always wanted to make a viable twin lasgun (with Storm instead of tearing) that was compact and could be hidden under a techpriests robe and fed by a feedline connected to the potentia coil itself.

>Anyone got any other 'improved' lasgun types?
I got a boatload of different patterns

▲▲

Disco.

That.

The lasguns, grenades, grenade launchers, flamers, autocannons and occasional mortar help, but that is the most important thing.

Type 99 Lasgun and Light Support Weapon.

The form factor is like that of a traditional hunting autogun, with a dovetailed stock made from local woods. It mounts a small multi-spectral optic. Outside of its form-factor, it is little different from a standard lasgun.

The Type 99 LSW is built on the same standard lasgun receiver - albeit with a bipod; however, the receiver is upside down, so that the powerpack is inserted from the top by an assistant gunner. It has a longer barrel so it can mount more cooling fins to deal with sustained fire.

And, Emperor bless, it has a bayonet lug.

You could go Shotlas with added chain or mono bayonet

>The Type 99 LSW is built on the same standard lasgun receiver - albeit with a bipod; however, the receiver is upside down, so that the powerpack is inserted from the top by an assistant gunner. It has a longer barrel so it can mount more cooling fins to deal with sustained fire.

Does that make it a multilaser?

a heavy las rifle made especially to shoot across valley and still have enough engery left to kill an enemy of the emperor

our group rolled up a custom Las Carbine pattern for fun when our GM's brain didn't wat to cooperate when we were trying to shake down our quartermaster for better weapons.
This is what me got (which was pretty much directly opposite what we wanted):

Viggan-Pattern Las Carbine
Basic 75m S/2/– 1d10+3 E 0 60 Half Reliable, Ogryn-Proof, Recharge 2.5kg Common

Brutal Construction: If used as an Improvised Weapon, it has the following profile:
Melee; 1d10 I; Ogryn-Proof, Primitive (8)

Exceptional Pattern: Logistics Tests to acquire Good and Best Craftsmanship versions of this weapon gain a +20 bonus in addition to any other modifiers

Inefficient Barrel: Apply a –2 modifier to the weapon’s Damage when it is fired at targets outside of Short range

Made for a experimental Ogryn shock attack regiment focused on streetsweeping and CQC. The Viggan pattern became well known by quartermasters around the Eastern Fringe due to a decimal missing error in the production order, causing Forgeworld Viggan Prime to produce several times the quntity ordered, making it one of the easiest patterns of Las Carbine to aquire. To compound this the experimental regiment was disbanded after several life-fire accidents causing loss of fighting men and their first mission ending in utter disaster.

no goto no

TECH HERESY!

>you will never be a PDF trooper defending a jungle island from the forces of Chaos
>your commander will never give a standing order to kill 10 of the enemy before
>you will never gun down traitor PDF troops on the beaches
>you will never retreat into the jungle and harass the hardened Chaos traitor guard with snipers, concealed heavy stubber nests, and booby traps
>the transports will never arrive at night while the forces of Chaos must be distracted to successfully evacuate the regiment
>your battalion will never infiltrate to within meters of the Chaos troopers camp
>you will never bayonet their sentries
>you will never rise up from the darkness shouting "Long Live the Emperor!" in a battalion level bayonet charge
>you will never bayonet a Chaos pig in the middle of yelling out "Death to the False Emperor"
>you will never die for the Emperor

tfw

I'm a chinaboo faggot, so I'm forcing my players to play as what are basically the Nationalists vs the Japanese. They seem to be actually enjoying the rather lopsided challenge.

It's basically taking WW2 weapons, forgetting about armor or air power, and fighting the US Civil War.

IJA as Khornate Cultists/Traitor Guard?

I'd play it

Where are you going to get the ammo?

Khornate Traitor Guard, basically. I've twisted some of the actual Japanese ideas going into the Sino-Japanese War - militiant buddhism, ideas of conquest, a sort of holy war that ends in the destruction of the world - and made it more Khornate. Basically think Blood Pact.

The Western Powers are other, relatively nearby planets that are reluctant to get involved in the fight but still send aid from time to time. The CCP and the various warlords are factions who haven't accepted the Emperor yet -it was a pretty shitty place before the Japs came in, the first part of the campaign being a little easier fighting against petty warlords - but are allying against Chaos.

It's pretty fun - I admit my history isn't as clear as I'd want it to be, but I have to twist it all to fit 40k anyway.

Well, we sort of stole an entire crate of the weapons as well as 3d10 crates of ammo.

But aside from that, they just run off its rechargeable batteries and drum magazines of ferrous slugs, which aren't hard to make for ourselves.

>shotlas
>not tech heresy

Ya'see, the zero^th law of thermodynamics states that if two bodies are each in thermal equilibrium with some third body, then they are also in equilibrium with each other.

Now add to that, that these are beams of light, which is a wave and waves cancel eachother out if they are opposite.
(source)
mediacollege.com/audio/images/wave-interaction.gif

So having 3 waves will probably result in energy loss. And that laddies and gentlemen, is how you get tech heresy.

(also, if you upgrade a shotgun with flachette rounds you get +10meters and ap2, which beats the ap1 of the shotlas methinks)

Well it is in Hostile Acquisitions and it is a very illegal modification. So yeah, Tech Heresy out the wazoo

Also, the Japs are invading from another planet that they already conquered, and hold what is basically this planet's Manchuria and are pushing hard into its southern continent. I'm basically following the war to the letter as best I can.

The PCs aren't the worst off - they're part of the elite Krieg-trained regiments - but they're not as well supported as they'd like, artillery is a constant problem, and the troops that do support them are mostly warlord forces - guys that will run at the sight of a tank and don't have much more than clothes and a rifle. And I've honestly scared them a little too much about what happens if they get wounded, so I tossed them a friendly Hospitaller NPC to meet with if they get wounded.

Glorious Mosin and Mosin offshoots.

So, what role do the PCs play? Could they conceivably influence the course of the war campaign as a whole or are they mostly cogs in a machine thrown into missions that, while challenging that don't really influence who will win in the big picture?

That is honestly something I'm fully trying to figure out, but right now they are cogs in the machine. I'm working with the players a bit and trying to give them a bit of freedom in how - or even if - they follow their orders, the chain of command growing rather shaky at this point. I'm basically monitoring them and trying to see if they ever want to take the campaign into their own hands.

Like, they were pretty damn stalwart during the not!Battle for Shanghai, but they do not like the geneal in charge of defending not!Nanjing, and they know their regiment took a lot of losses and don't appreciate being constantly thrown into the meatgrinder. If they decided to mutiny and do their own thing, or petition to be sent to another theatre, I'll listen to them. They might win critical battles elsewhere that'll take the pressure off, or take control of the front and more effectively lead a defense and counterattack. They could patch up relations with the commies for a more united front.

>scar cqc

Hnnng! ~

Never ask the AdMech for a new autogun design, by the fucking Emperor.

>implying that isn't the standard autogun

No, because the standard autogun is said to be tough and reliable. This thing has literal clockwork in it and clogs with gunpowder residue.

The lasgun is one of the greatest infantry weapons in all of fiction. It's dirt cheap to produce, contains few (no?) moving parts, and has a magazine that can be recharged by throwing it in a fucking fire. I refuse to believe that a weapon that would likely need to be shipped all the way back to the Admech to be repaired could be nearly as ubiquitous as it is.

>not owning a glorious moist nugget that will never fucking jam or break in half like the basic ass shitty flashlights and is an emperor approved STC.
reminder the emperor of man is a glorious slav.

We're meant to arm them?

Halberds formed from petrified giant worm shit and cuticle armor. I run Low Life.

Lasers don't jam and even accounting for that the lasgun is made out to be insanely reliable. Also the Emperor was probably from Anatolia.

I'd accuse you of being an Aussie but their government thinks guns are nearly as dangerous as flat chested women so I don't know why one would be a nugget fanboy

Anything the quartermaster forgot to nail down.

I use models from many different regiments and will sometimes mix weapons on purpose in a squad, to give them that look of a bunch of tattered remnants thrown together into a makeshift unit. Looks really cool when done right

Glorious, comrade.

They tend to carry lacquered leather and wood shields along with a sap and a wood axe or ball mace for serious problems.

smokes, walking around money and a picture of their family to invite pathos.

>In the grim darkness of the far future, Rob Arms still has crap customer support.

Seeing a bunch of guardsmen using bren converted m96 or stoners could be pretty cool to see though.

>Rob Arms still has crap customer support
Really a shame.

I fucking love the M96 design though.

accept no substitutes