As always, counterfeit users are not welcome here.™

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tumbling_downavimp4gifdec/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-death-and-taxes/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-death-taxes/
youtu.be/SvseDNbzPtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw my edh decks have more value than any legacy deck
>tfw my format is stronger than ever and has full wizards support.

>Poorfags need not apply Edition
>Implying I can't just steal a legacy deck

ITT:
>proof that legacy is dead

ITT: proof that Veeky Forums is filled with poorfags

actually Veeky Forums is filled with expensive money-sink hobbyists so why is legacy the only thread that is so decrepit and dying?

I love EDH, but fuck if some people aren't total manchildren when it comes to it. Be prepared to be called satan himself if you dare interrupt someone's big play. Fuck no, I won't let your entwined Tooth and Nail resolve dipshit.

I get that EDH is a place for splashy, wacky stuff, and I love it for it, but please let something other than creatures: the tappening be a part of it sometimes.

In my experience, it's the standard/EDH-only crowd that whines the most, the legacy-players usually bring the most fun to the table.

>>What deck(s) do you play?
UB reanimator here and dredge

>>Are you going to GP Columbus?
No, on account of being yuropean. Thinking of going to the next stop of BOM though, if I can get some byes at the next local trial.

Also, japanese > foil imo

>What deck(s) do you play?
ANT. I got the pieces before the price spike on LED and duals, so still a poorfag.
>Are you going to GP Columbus?
No probably not. Don't have time.

Edh is my format. And locally I've found groups that play the way I do (for the most part) but on these boards holy fuck.

I don't play any infinite combos or MASS land destruction. I play magic to play, not sit out and (for the most part) I've been lucky enough to find players with similar playstyle. Veeky Forums makes me think everyone I don't know plays MLD and combos ASAP and if they don't they are casual faggots who cry about everything. Why is it so black/white here?

>japanese > foil imo
Your opinion is correct.

Pic related, you can guess what I play in Legacy.

Because the Veeky Forums demographic would rather spend $4000 on plastic figurines than cardboard.

Because I don't need a support group to make me feel better about my hobby

Really weird build of UW D and T?

I like Russian cards, Cyrillic looks pretty cool. Foils are pretty shitty in general.

Just finished my playset of forces. Feels good.

Good choice. When EMA drops, they'll go up as people realize the old art is the best art. Also, that the influx of new FoWs won't meet demand.

Same, new force art looks like even more generic "waves hands with blue shit coming out" art. In the original card, the guy looks like he is actually struggling, and giving it his all. It was a unique take on the usual counterspells art. Pretty disappointed Terese fell into that trap for blue cards art.

my legacy decks. first Pox

and then Doomsday

I've actually since changed the Doomsday list. Dropped Maniac, Chromatic Sphere and land for 2 Lotus Petals and a Chain of Vapor, I think it runs a lot more smoothly and gets faster wins.

>fake Badlands
>1 fake Usea
Well, at least you're trying.

Scratch that, all 4 of your duals are fake.

GTFO poorfag.

AND your LEDs are fake. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Mmmm I don't think those LEDs are fake.

At least 1 Sea and the Badlands are real as well as the LEDs. Honestly, I've always been a little unsure about 1 of the Seas but I'm pretty sure it's real. I got them long before the more recent huge wave of fakes. At any rate, there is no way you could tell from my low-quality phone pic, but I know it was bait anyway.

The fact that 3 of 4 LEDs are obscured almost completely leaves me to believe you are retarded.

Not the other guy but there's an easy way to tell: look at the black frame separating the frame of the card from the white border. It should be a well-defined, solid line. If it's fuzzy or the rosette/dot pattern is part of it, it's a fake.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. With the old cards there's such variability in print quality it can be hard to tell.

> What deck(s) do you play?
LED Dredge (aka real dredge) and Death and Taxes
Yup, gonna be playing death taxes with hopes of making at least top16

A sub-optimal meme deck
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tumbling_downavimp4gifdec/

I wish, but unfortunately I have a job.

I'll have my D&T list finished in time, (1 karakas, 2 ports, 1 wasteland) but I'm not going to take that weekend off. It's wedding season at work and I need to be on-hand.

What's your list look like? I'm leaning towards 3/3 maindeck mangara and spirit of the labyrinth because stone raining people with mango is my shit and fuck brainstorm decks.

You're going to have to play for the both of us at Colombus though, so if you get camera time just go ahead and stone rain some nerds on my behalf. Thanks, friendo.

ANT all day erry day. I really need to swap my second volc for a second usea though.

Nah, local meta is very bad for combo in general. I know I should build maverick but I can't get the lands for a price I'm willing to pay.

I used to play a super average list aimed more for the very combo centric metagame at my lgs, but this is the list ill be taking to the GP

> tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-death-and-taxes/

pic related (Warping Wail) is one of my favorite new cards btw, i think it has tons of potential in D&T and my testing with it so far has very favorable

I strongly advise using Mango if you're running Karakas, Flickerwisp and Aether Vial.

Here's my list. Thinking about running another Cavern but Wasteland is still a thing and we're already really heavy into nonbasics.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-death-taxes/

Is that a joke, or are you being serious?

I just found out that Japanese Terminus doesn't cost all that much, thinking of picking some up one of these days.

Same, it really is the best time: I only spent 40€/piece, which is fair imo. Format defining cards like this will only go back up, or at least stabilise, even if WotC in all their benevolence decide to print it in every EMA after. The only shame about Alliances FoW is the limited number of languages it was printed in.

what the actual fuck

>upside down sleeves
>fake cards
>mismatched/ugly art
>white border/black border mixups

So much is bothering me in this pic. Yet, Doomsday is cool enough for me to look past that.

>decks
Goblins, TES, Grixis Delver

>GP
Nope, but I am going to GP Prague and MKM Frankfurt next week. Will probably play TES at MKM and see how that goes.

mycurrent list. I havent got to play it in awhile due to work. forgot to picture the 4thalia and four mothers

Veeky Forums is a counter culture imageboard, and thus has a lot of contrarian posters. Also posters here seem to have a very extreme sense of "us" vs "them" mentality.

Despite what that that one ass clown said, none of my cards are fake under the closest scrutiny I could give. Incidentally, the upside down sleeves and mismatched art is precisely to trigger pepole who get unreasonably worked up about such things. It pleases me.

Wow what's up with all the DnT players on Veeky Forums?

DnT is a cheap deck by legacy standards, so expect it to be popular.

I'm a poorfag and I know burn sucks in Legacy, but I have a lot of the cards for it already in my pauper deck.

How important are fetch lands for a mono red burn? That is obviously the biggest cost next to Goblin Guide.

Any of those fakes look good enough to play? The local place allows proxies.

If you don't play grim lavamancer, you shouldn't run fetches

When you say it "triggers" people I'm assuming you mean they point out how shitty your deck looks?

Old art sucks. I just have it cuz is the one the chinks sells

I really don't understand why people don't like the old art. It seems really evocative of the card to me.

That and it seems to genuinely bother some people. They mention it multiple times in a match, get more fidgety than normal, egregiously misplay after pointing it out. Obviously doesn't bother some people, but it's kind of alarming how many people get seriously flustered because my deck doesn't adhere to their ocd requirements.

>youtu.be/SvseDNbzPtM
Latest batch, you can look other vídeos too

>playan
horseshit swingy decks like MUD, Colorless Stax, Soldier/Werewolf/Mogg Stompy - only own complete 75 of Werewolf Stompy, need Wastelands for MUD, Karakas' for Soldier Stompy and Imperial Recruiters for Mogg Stompy in descending order of importance, colorless Stax needs a lot more unfortunately

slowly building towards Demon Stompy but I highly doubt I'll ever own a complete 75 of this because I have no interest in buying Lilys or Chains of Mephs and my interest in Magic is gradually waning

I'm firmly of the opinion that MUD is superior to Memedrazi Stompy

>GP
nah, I'd love to see a Legacy GP in 'Straya but I wouldn't be surprised if I've sold my entire Magic collection by that point

I can actually say the same about old art

Everyone always hates on the card, but every list I see runs it. I think it's slow and doesn't interact well with the deck or sideboard at all.

I just don't get why every list runs it and everyone says it's not a great card. What creature do I replace him with?

>playing
Lands, MUD, Enchantress, ANT, Belcher, plus a few more I can't remember.

>Columbus

Not American.

It really depends on what else is in your list. Flame rift is underplayed

punishing maverick

nope hopefully going to prague though

I play D&T specifically because it has game against Brainstorm decks.

Sorry to burst your bubble but original FoW art was for a red card that got cut from the set, not a super-creative take on a counterspell art.

Elves Reporting in. Can't go to Columbus because it's in between some important professional exams I have to take. Planning to go to SCG Woostah in July and probably Eternal Weekend in October though.

Wow, two Spirits? Most people I know only run one. The rest seems like a pretty standard list.

Also, makes your Blazes worse when you don't run fetches.

This pic never ceases to make me smile

True, but the working title was Stop Spell, which seems counterspell-ish to me. Perhaps meant to be a red counter, so the art is still fitting for a counterspell.

Veeky Forums is full of poor gags who bitch about card prices as well as netdecking scrubs who have little to no understanding of card power or metas besides looking up the most recent top8. As far as MtG goes, this board is awful for everything except flavor discussions.

Truth, although there's really very little quality Legacy discussion online anywhere. The Source is a cesspool and leddit is mostly modern players asking what to buy.

>As always, counterfeit users are not welcome here.™
Why?

Because we don't need poorfag neets shitting up our tournaments.

Thats how I got my Modern, legacy, and vintage decks.

Its amazing how many dorks leave thier shit unattended. Leaving full folders on the floor lol. None of these shitty stores have cameras or anything lol.

I just lied about all that but it's crossed my mind once or twice. Damn this dumbass expensive hobby.

unban Hermit Druid please

>Legacy
>Tournaments
Kikkity kek. To kick out counterfeit users is to divide legacy players on Veeky Forums even more, and as a dying format you can't afford to do that.

>dying format
This is what poorfags actually tell themselves to feel better about not being able to play.

You keep telling yourself that because you don't want to feel bad about your purchase

My purchase worked out pretty well, I play a full Legacy FNM every friday and a capped 1k once a month.

>I hate people who netdeck cuz they beat my janky tier shit hombrew

>not being able to win with brews
only competent players should be playing brews

I play a weekly and a quarterly, and never have to deal with standard kids or modern neckbeards

I'm trying to decide how to into legacy, what are you opinions on
-MUD
-Imperial Painter
-LED Dredge

Right now I'm leaning really heavily towards MUD.

Just proxy first to see if you like how the deck plays, that way you won't regret buying into something you ultimately might not like as much as you thought you did.

MUD is a pretty cool deck with a lot of interesting options. If you want to have a good deck for the current metagame, Painter might be the better choice. Dredge is always playable, but it can be pretty frustrating to see graveyard hate.

Playtest them on Cockatrice first. Legacy is about fun and practice, and if you don't enjoy the deck you shouldn't be playing it.

I already took that step, and I'm having a great time with MUD. However, I'm also really enjoying Imperial Painter due to the nature of the combo; and LED Dredge is just so good.

Deck paralysis sucks.

Mein negro

>playing
Lands, Enchantress, Parfait, Omni-Tell

Painter has the highest room for levying play skill, that's my recommendation

Valid point, I'll see if Imperial Recruiter gets an Eternal Masters Reprint. That's like 75% of the deck's cost.

i enjoy it

Enchantress or DnT

I play legacy fnm with a proxied deck
>my opponent is playing delver, half foiled
>his deck is probably worth more than my car
>not only am i playing with proxies worth literally nothing, im playing a nondeck, abzan living wish midrange
>i turn 1 chalice on 1, he forces it
>turn 2 i cast another chalice
>he gets visibly upset before saying it resolves
>he won't concede, so it takes me a while to win
>grind out a win in game 2 as well
>mfw people spend thousands of dollars just to lose at magic

>this fucking shit right here

hey well at least there's no karn

I enjoyed using Ugin more.

Uh, why are you proud of the fact that you're cheating at magic?

Ugin is better for the deck anyways because you can -X away all colored threats.

>he thinks the value of legacy cards is legitimate

He's not cheating retard. Just because you spent a lot on your deck doesn't mean he's cheating. It just means you're a dumbass who makes poor life choices.

>cheating
jesus christ are you fucking retarded?

>using proxies at a sanctioned event
>not cheating

w e w

it's not cheating period, it's also not foul play on the store's part if their wpn rep doesn't hear about it :)

Losing to a double chalice draw is something most decks will do. Winning 1 game is not the same as winning every game.

I get pretty tilted when games end with no meaningful decisions being made on either side.

I don't really understand why so many people are willing to shell out huge sums of money to build and play these boring control decks.

Stores get prize support covered by WOTC for running sanctioned events. If they allow proxies in sanctioned events, they lose WPN status and generally go under

would you rather shell out huge sums of money to build and play these dudes-turn-sideways decks?

Yes, at least combat is interactive. Control is solitaire light.

>this is what green players actually believe

Alright folks I have been playing loam Pox for a year now and I want to expand. Planning to invest into punishing loam and lands. Both require lots of the same cards and both are in the same price range. Question is which one do I buy first?

Some people enjoy slamming a card and seeing if the games over on turn 1. I don't fault them, but I prefer playing decks where your games offer you the opportunity to outplay someone