Girls und Panzer: Lafayette Girls Academy Quest 2: #18

> Thursday, June 25th, 2015

SITUATION: pastebin.com/ziMsX6th
MECHANICS: pastebin.com/49M2eE8Z
THE RULES: pastebin.com/BEsprkBZ
THE TANK: pastebin.com/sJsgig6B
THE DIVISIONS: pastebin.com/xCQZAdqU

“Alright, Winona…” This time, you woke up much more earlier, which gave you more time to prepare yourself for today in preparing the Academy grounds. “Got everything?”

She raises her hand, giving you a high thumbs up. “Yep!”

“Winona, I’m over here.”

She turns around, smiling at you. Yeah, still not used to waking up early is she. “Let’s get an early start, alright, marshmellow?” She needs to stop fucking calling you that before you do something the both of you are going to regret. And with that, she adjusts her toolbelt and her hat, and starts walking to work.

Honestly, you don’t understand how one can stick to such stupid nicknames and jokes for so long.

-

-

[1/2]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E30QsBwrMZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[2/2]

“Denise.” Your personal assistant, Denise Spunkmeyer, has met you in one of the parking garages leading to the underground roads underneath LGA. (The transit and highway system here is very complicated, too complicated even for you to understand.) She smiles at you, tugging on her goggles a little.

Wait, goggles? “Hey, there, ma’am!”

You point to the goggles resting on her forehead. “What’s with those?”

“Oh, well, as your personal assistant, I’ve taken the initiative to providing you a safe and affordable alternative to the LGA tram system!”

“… but the tram’s are free.”

“Are they, are they really?” asks Denise mockingly.

“… yes, they are.” Denise blinks, surprised by that. You sigh. Might as well humor her. “What’s your alternative?”

“Well, I dug up my vehicle license and found out I actually scored high enough for this!” She presents behind her back a motorcycle. Specifically, it was a Kettenkrad, painted in LGA navy blue with white stripes. “I rented it off the Red Ball Delivery services! Now, I can transport you wherever you want in a flash!” She snaps her fingers. “Shall we go?”

> “Sure, I can risk dying for one day.”
> “… how about we just take the tram for today?”
> Other

holy shit, fuck yeah!

youtube.com/watch?v=E30QsBwrMZ0

>> “Sure, I can risk dying for one day.”

Denis a cute, A CUTE

I LIKE Denise. A fucking k-krad.

>Spunkmeyer
>Spunk
GS why?

stop thinking impure things

Well stop writing them!

No don't.

Yeah you first, with your "not lewd" cute girls.

We need art of Denise.

You sigh, placing your bag on the back, then helping yourself onto the back. She hands you a helmet, which you put on your head. Means you’ll have to hold onto your Officer’s cap extra hard. “So, when did you get your license?”

She steps onto the driver’s seat. “Uh… about a year ago.” What. “Don’t worry, it’s not like I’m going to flip this!” You’re not worried about it getting flipped, you’re worried about her driving this into traffic. “Alright, clutch is there, brakes, accelerator… we should be good!” She pulls on some driving gloves as well, then grabs the handlebars. “Here we go!” She turns on the bike, and it sputters up to life like the little rabbit it is.

You speed right out of the parking garage.

-

-

You didn’t know what fear was until you rode a kettenkrad, with only a seatstrap clinging you to the back, exposed to the open air against traffic. This wasn’t your normal average fear.

This was advanced fear.

She looks back. “How you doing back there?” she asks.

“Poorly,” you say.

“Don’t worry!” Denise laughs as she looks forward again, actually lanesplitting through traffic! “We’ll get there in good time!” Finally, you two come to a red light.

Right next to Jeep Jockey’s jeep. He leans back in his seat, relaxed. He looks over, then his eyes widen as he sees you and Denise. “Sweet ride,” he says. Denise smiles, giving him a thumbs up. JJ gives a thumbs up back. Green light, and immediately the two of you go speeding off again.

You finally arrive at the school. Denise parks it in the section reserved for bikes, then hefts herself off the driver’s seat. “Alright, we’re at school!” She looks at you, then sees you frozen in terror. “Aww… someone’s bike-shy!” She unstraps you from your seat, then grabs your hips and stands you up.

[1/2]

[2/2]

Ugh, finally, solid ground. She leads you over to the forming crowd of Naval Studies Officers. Among them, Captain Spruance. “Hey, Ensign!” Captain Spruance smiles, folding her arms. “Wow, came in on that ketten, eh? That’s style right there!”

“Thank you, ma’am,” you say quietly. “Did you uh…”

Captain Spruance nods. She points to a very unamused looking, tired looking girl standing next to her. She’s tall (compared to Spruance everyone is), with frizzy blonde hair, deep bags under her steely blue eyes, and her combination cap is tipped forward giving a mean shade over the top half of her face. Yikes, someone doesn’t look happy. “Block Officer Stiina Hatteberg. Hatteberg, Elodie Zumwalt.”

Hatteberg nods, only grunting as a form of greeting. A Rank Two Officer! Whoa, if you get promoted, she'll be your direct superior! You need to make a good impression...

> Boast
> Neutral
> Polite

> Polite

>> Polite

> Neutral

>> Polite

>> Polite

> Boast

> Polite

You smile, saluting her. “Lieutenant Commander Hatteberg. It’s an honor to meet you. I hope to work under you in the near future.”

Hatteberg nods then grunts again, crossing her arms.

W- was that a good impression?

“Right then, introductions are settled,” says Captain Spruance. Are they!? You didn’t even get one word out of her! Hatteberg continues to look at you, apparently disinterested. “You got today to finish up preparations for Christie’s visit tomorrow. We just wanted to make sure you came around. We’ll be back after lunch to make sure things are finished, alright?”

You nod quickly. “Alright. What’s there left to do?”

“Finish the repainting around the gym, and do just a bit more dusting. Also, some gym equipment needs to be put back from yesterday. Shouldn’t be too bad,” says Spruance. Hatteberg pokes Spruance, quirking her brow. “Oh, and Hatteberg wants to watch you while you work, make sure you’re not uh… pulling anything. Of course, you’re not, haha!” You laugh nervously as Hatteberg continues to stare at you.

Oh god please.

“Right…” Spruance checks her watch. “We’ll be on our way. Hattie here will be here if you need anything.” Spruance and her entourage walk out of the school grounds, leaving you with her.

Even Denise looks quietened by Hatteberg’s deafening silence.

> Go repaint the walls.
> Go clean and dust the rooms.
> Put away the gym equipment.
> Other

>> Go repaint the walls.

Worry

>> Go repaint the walls.

>> Go repaint the walls.

> Go repaint the walls.

best girl has arrived

>Repaint walls

> Go repaint the walls.

-

-

The two of you, along with several Naval Studies students have arrived at the gym to repaint the walls. Your uniform have been changed out for PT clothes. “Hey!” You call out to some girls who are painting only in their bras. “Put some shirts on! You’re exposing yourself!”

“Aw, but we’ll get paint on our clothes!” she says.

“No excuses!” you shout. They grumble, getting their shirts on.

Honestly, that’s actually a really good idea. But you’re not taking your shirt off, not when there’s boys on the ship probably watching you. You walk around the scaffolding, then find an unpainted section. You’re doing this in chapters, which means one section will be painted, then on to the second section, and so on. That way it dries all evenly.

You start stroking your brush up and down, carefully. You’ve painted walls before back home. You did it for spare money for the neighbors. You also did it for community service hours. Ugh, forced community service. Worst days of your life. Five hours of it was fine for a grade, but an extra twenty just to be considered for Naval Studies? That damn near killed you.

At least you’re doing it when it’s hot and not when it’s cold.

You look back, and see Hatteberg slouching in a lawn chair, watching the lot of you. Her eyes have been covered up by sunglasses. “You think she’s watching us?” asks a student.

“I heard Hattie once caught a girl drinking a beer. And when she did, she made her drink six whole six packs as punishment!” says one. Oh great, are they speculating?

“I heard Hattie made a girl wash a car only in her swimsuit using only her body to scrub!” They all gasp, whispering and murmuring to each other.

“I heard Hattie has laser vision!” They all stare at the girl who said that. “How else does she get girls to do that shit!?”

> “Stop speculating over there!”
> “What the fuck are you girls talking about over there?”
> Let them talk, maybe it’ll amuse you.
> Other

> “Stop speculating over there!”
Must be leaderly!

>> “Stop speculating over there!”

> “What the fuck are you girls talking about over there?”

>> “Stop speculating over there!”

>Let them talk

>> Let them talk, maybe it’ll amuse you.

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Right, we got a tie again.

1. Let them whisper lewd nothings in your ear.
2. Shout lewd nothings in theirs.

>“Stop speculating over there!”

You're too late user.

Hail hydra.

You decide to let them talk for now. It probably won’t be good for morale if you keep them quiet and shout at them all day.

“Where did Hattie come from anyway?”

“They say that Captain Spruance found her deadlifting missiles on USS Port Royal. And that Spruance coaxed her into serving on LGA by providing her the promise of getting to see our butts and lots and lots of Crunch bars.”

“That’s a lie. Hattie was built in Hawaii by volcano spirits.”

“Is she from Hawaii?”

“That’s what I heard.”

“Do you think she spray lava out of her mouth?”

“Probably only out of her butt.” The three girls snicker, trying to keep quiet after you recently shouted at them. Such lack of respect for a superior Officer. Why, you… You stop painting, then hand your brush to Denise.

“Wait here,” you say. You’ve got half a mind to tell Hatteberg what these girls have been saying to you. You drop down off the scaffolding and walk over to Hatteberg, who is still slouching back in her lawn chair, sunglasses over her eyes. “Lieutenant Commander.” No response. “Lieutenant Commander?”

You blink, squinting closer at her eyes.

… is she sleeping? She’s sleeping!

> … best not to wake her up.
> Wake her up.
> Other

>> Wake her up.

>… best not to wake her up.

sleeping dogs

>> … best not to wake her up.

>> … best not to wake her up.
Don't poke a sleeping bear.

You decide it best not to wake her up. Maybe you’ll tell her of those student’s insolence later.

And with that, you return to painting with Denise. “Is Hattie watching us?” she asks. You shrug. Denise looks back, a little scared, then goes back to painting faster, with both of your brushes. You swipe one from her hand, then get back to painting as well.

-

-

And with that, the gym itself has been completely repainted in full. All of you start moving towards a grove of trees to rest in the shade. Your arm feels like it’s been twisted to the point of falling off. Hatteberg rubs her face, leaning forward as she wakes up to see the entire gym repainted in just about two hours. She nods, pulling a couple of Crunch bars out of her bag and unwrapping them to eat.

But as you all sit underneath the tree in the shade, she starts walking over. Oh shit.

She walks up to you in particular, and you quickly stand up and salute. The girls all quieten their gossip to look at you two. “Lieutenant Commander.” She munches on a Crunch bar, tipping her sunglasses down to look at you. “We painted the gym, we were just taking a ten minute break to rest ourselves before the next chore.” She nods slowly, then offers you a Crunch bar. How can you refuse? You take one. “Um, thank you.”

She nods again, folding her arms as she looks over at the gym. She points to it, quirking her brow. “Um, yeah, paint is drying. We did it in sections, so that it all dries evenly.” She nods again.

Okay, this is getting difficult.

However, surprisingly, she smiles happily, pulling her sunglasses off. Uh, what is she doing? “Good job,” she says quietly, in a very raspy voice.

> Boast
> Neutral
> Polite

>> Boast

>> Polite

go to /qst/ FOR FUCKS SAKKE

>Polite

>> Polite

>Polite

>> Polite

> Boast

> Polite

“Oh, thank you, ma’am.”

She nods, then shows her watch. It’s actually about time for lunch. She points down to the courtyard. “Alright, I’ll call a lunch break then. Shouldn’t we worry about the gym equipment though, move that back inside?” She shrugs, looking at you. “Eh, I guess I’ll have another crew worry about it.”

She grunts, shoves her hands in her pockets. And with that, she turns and walks away.

“Wow,” says one of the students. “Zumwalt survived a conversation with Hattie.” They start whispering and gossiping.

“Alright, that’s enough,” you say. They quiet down, letting you speak. “It’s time for lunch.”

-

-

Again, Oleg was here to provide ice cream with the rest of the food trucks. “Ah, best solnyshka and best solnyshka! What surprise!” He hands you the usual creamsicle and another strawberry ice cream cone to Denise.

“Hey, Oleg,” you say. “How’s everything going?”

“Griselda, cutest one, is having me unrust and restore Koenigstiger to functioning capability. Have to source new engine, need to forge new tracks, need to remove rust and grime, other than that, basic work. Nothing too different from restoring aircraft,” he says. “Has the Jeep Jockey talked to you yet?”

“No,” you say. “Why?”

“He actually called Griselda while we were talking, and he said he was able to acquire engine for Centaur I.” What, really!? You smile happily. “One condition though. Very, very, big condition. Griselda wanted to talk to you about it over practice later today.”

“What’s that?” you ask.

“Eh… she did not want to say to me,” he says. “But- enough serious talk, go on, have ice cream. Creamsicles not good?” He holds up a Spongebob ice cream pop. “We have Spongebob Squarepants! Or perhaps you may prefer sodapop instead!”

> Talk with Oleg for a while. See what’s the deal with him.
> Talk with Denise a bit.
> See if you can get more than two words out of Hatteberg today.
> Other

/qst/

> See if you can get more than two words out of Hatteberg today.

>> Talk with Oleg for a while. See what’s the deal with him.

>> Talk with Oleg for a while. See what’s the deal with him.

>> Talk with Denise a bit.

>> Talk with Denise a bit.

“Where did you even get that Kettenkrad anyway?”

Denise smiles. “I rented it off the Red Ball Delivery Services. All I have to do is pay them a modest fee and make sure it gets returned to them by the end of next month, where I can renew it for another modest fee.” Oh, that sounds reasonable. “Still, you didn’t seem too happy about riding that.”

“I just think you need more straps or something back there, or something safer than just riding on the back like that,” you say.

Denise rubs her chin. “Hm. Well, it did come with a trailer-“

“On second thought.” You are NOT riding in a trailer like a child. “I’ll ride on the back.” Denise smiles happily, licking at her ice cream cone.

“You ride Kettenkrad, solnyshka?” asks Oleg. Denise nods to him, grinning. “Ah, fine vehicle. I own myself a Minsk and a M72 as well. Perhaps I can take you for ride sometimes.”

Denise beams a little. “Really? It come with a sidecar?”

“Oh, no, I don’t use sidecar. You can ride on back, you just have to hold on tight, da?” Denise lights up red like a Christmas light, biting her lip and twiddling her fingers embarrassedly.

You fold your arms, glaring at Oleg. “I don’t appreciate you flirting with my personal assistant, Oleg.”

“Oh, how can I refuse such cute customers?” he says. “I apologize deeply if I offend you.” You roll your eyes.

You see Hatteberg get your attention one last time. She points to her watch. You look at yours. Ooh, you got about an hour before quitting time to do one last thing…

> Clean up
> Remove gym equipment
> Other

>> Remove gym equipment
Let's finish it.

> Remove gym equipment

>> Remove gym equipment

>> Remove gym equipment

Fuck off to /qst/. You already spent the last 2 years ruining Veeky Forums with quest threads. There's a board for that shit now.

> Remove gym equipment

> Clean up

>denise getting ideas

remind her where we are to be stowed

answer NOT ON DICK

> Remove gym equipment

-

-

“Alright, come on, come on!” You wave in the girls carrying in the collapsible soccer goals. “Hustle, everybody!” A few more use a tractor to drive in a mat dedicated to the pole vaulting team. Why do we even have a pole vaulting team anyway? As everything gets put into sport storage, you check your clipboard of everything that needs to be put away. So far, you’re all making good time.

At this rate, you should have everything inside in no time. Considering that you pulled in all fifty girls to help you, that certainly helps things along.

Finally, the mats were coming in as well. That should be the last of it along with the bases from the baseball field. You cross your arms, looking inside to see the girls stacking everything neatly, from chairs, to mats, to bats and lacrosse poles and ball bins, everything is getting put away nice and cleanly.

You wonder why it has to be you and why General Studies didn’t put away all this shit yesterday. Ugh.

You’re tapped on the shoulder, and you turn around to see Hatteberg, McLean, and Spruance behind you. Oh fuck. You almost jump when you realize. “Oh, ma’ams! I was- we were just finishing things up here. I just wanted to tell you that.”

“Looks like it,” says Spruance. Her sleeves flap around a bit, still too big for her little arms. “But, you’ve done very well for yourself, Zumwalt. Showed a lot of hustle on this. I can appreciate that.”

[1/2]

[2/2]

You nod. “Thanks, ma’am.”

“And for that…” You gasp. Is this what you think it is? She snaps her fingers. McLean reaches into her bag and pulls out a white armband with a three black chevrons on it, with a fleur-de-lis behind it. “You’re promoted to Lieutenant.”

> PROMOTION ATTAINED
> YOU ARE NOW RANK THREE – LIEUTENANT
> Privileges acquired:
> Personal Office
> Increased Pay (500 DOLLARS every week)
> + 5 Vacation Days
> + 30 CP

You smile, happily. “Thank you, ma’am. I won’t let you down.” You hold the armband in your hands.

“Yes, yes!” Captain Spruance grins excitedly. “Delivery will bring around the more formal stuff later on. Tomorrow morning you report to Hattie here. As you were, Lieutenant.” Spruance and Hatteberg take their leaves, saluting you. You salute back. Lieutenant McLean grins, saluting you proudly, before taking her leave as well.

Denise smiles. “You did it!” You quickly hug Denise, leaving her surprised and confused before looking at your armband. Yes! Yes! Yes!

And with that, the day, and the job is over.

> JOB COMPLETED

> Report to the Tankery HQ.
> Get some fine food to celebrate.
> Call Someone (Who?)
> Other

>> Report to the Tankery HQ.

Woooo

On the way:
>> Get some fine food to celebrate.

Personal Office, you say?

>You quickly hug Denise
Impossible, their assets prevent such action

>Report to the Tankery HQ.

take denise to the office for discipline when?

-

-

You and Denise happily smile as you roll on your way to the Tank Hangar, until you look up at the sky. You hear the low buzzing noise of fighters, Supermarine Spitfires, along with the bigger Lockheed Hudsons, and the smaller P-40Ns. They circle around the Academyship like vultures. What’s their deal?

Denise pulls you in to the Tank Hangar, where you see a few of the crews muttering to each other, gossiping about something. You find out quickly what that something is, Griselda down the hangar talking to Jack Cochran (Captain of the Kill Devil Hills Skycraft team). You find, Winona, Ingrid, Stack, and Josephina in their own little group. “Hey, what’s going on?” you ask.

“Jack Cochran,” says Stack. “He’s talking to Griselda over there. I think they want you in on it too.” What for? You motion for Denise to stay with the group, then jog on over. When they see you, Griselda and Jack smile. Jack isn’t alone, a few other boys, even Jeep Jockey are with him.

“Something the matter?” you ask.

Griselda folds her arms. “We were uh… coming to an arrangement for the engine.”

“Yeah, our little Jeep driver here tells me you need to use one of our engines, a Merlin,” says Jack. “Those are pretty hard to come by, I hope you know that.” You shrug, nodding understandably. “But hey, you’re doing us a service by letting us train here on your ship, so we can cut you some slack, let you have the engine in exchange for doing us a service too.”

[1/2]

[2/2]

“What’s that?” you ask.

“They want to use our tanks as target practice,” says Griselda.

… Target practice?

Jack nods. “Yeah, see, in Skycraft we try and train not just our ability to tackle fighters but also our ability to attack ground targets too. That means occasionally we load up bombs, rockets, the likes. Don’t worry, we’re using paint rounds, much easier to use.”

“It won’t be just for today,” says Griselda. “It’ll be for as long as Kill Devil Hills is here too.”

You blink, folding your arms. You look over at Jeep Jockey. “Hey, don’t look at me, it was his idea,” he says. Sure it was.

“… can we come to another arrangement?” you ask.

“Look, the engines are really expensive,” says Jack. “Since it’s your tank getting that engine, Griselda here was adamant that you be part of the conversation. I’d rather not settle for less. What do you say?”

> “Fine.”
> “No deal, I’m not cleaning up paint for you guys.”
> Other

> “Fine.”

>> “Fine.”
>As long as it's just paste rounds, anything else even by accident will come at the expense of your school and club.

We need to make that clear at least, maybe have it on paper.

> “Fine.”
> "Just don't actually thrash our Tanks, alright?"

> Other
This isn't going to get in the way of our matches, is it?

>> “Fine.”

> “No deal, I’m not cleaning up paint for you guys.”

Seconding

>> “Fine.”
>> Other
"as long as you loan paint cleaner for us"

> “Fine.”

“Okay, fine. Do we have it in writing?” Jack snaps his fingers, and one of the boys presents a contract.

“Right, short list of it,” Jack says as you read it. “We get to use your tanks as target practice whenever we want, we will only use paint rounds, anything else will void the contract and you’ll keep the engine. However, if you wish to void the contract, payment must be in made in full for the engine at its new pricing, yadda yadda.” You decide to sign it. You guess it can’t get any worse than that, right?

Griselda hands the contract back to Jack. “There you go, Jack. So, when are you going to do target practice?”

“Today, actually,” he says. “I wouldn’t have everyone circling overhead for nothing.” Oh, that’s why they’re circling like vultures. “We’ll see you after practice, alright?” And with that, the boys go on and leave.

You fold your arms, looking at Griselda sternly. “I don’t really approve of us being used as target practice.”

“It’ll be fine,” says Griselda. “I mean, they don’t even have that many bombers.”

> Talk with Griselda
> Talk with one of the Crews (Which?)
> Talk with your own crew
> Start practice
> Other

>Talk with your own crew
Give them a heads up
>Talk with the other crews
Explain why they're being bombed

>> Talk with your own crew

> Talk with your own crew

so ... can we shoot back with the machine guns if we have them?

This might be retarded, but what if we had them bomb us while we train, teach them to work while stressed?