Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Walpurgisnacht 3.0: The Dawn Will (Not) Come

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with either the CYOA's purple PDF which is intended as a writing prompt and is in the process of developing an independent auxiliary combat system, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains combat rules for PNP campaigns along with the rolls.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

titanpad.com/cJhuJGoP4e
titanpad.com/F4O4bSRc56
titanpad.com/0F19Ow5RAG
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CnNht9HVDLY
scp-wiki.net/scp-871)
mega.nz/#!4EUTUQDA!QVkLqaYyrhplfgGLhtfrKhqVIPeno6jwlIXoLujWNyM
mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w
sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover
pastebin.com/T5azVB0V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.1q, used for PNP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

Changelog from 1.0:
titanpad.com/cJhuJGoP4e

>Suggestions for 1.2 Here (please place your salt here):
titanpad.com/F4O4bSRc56

>AMGC Patron Module Compatibility Patch and Perks Update (WIP):
titanpad.com/0F19Ow5RAG

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>If you roll the Patron perk, replace it with Overcity Shift
>If you roll the Overcity Shift perk, keep it or replace it with Rival (details in the AMGC 1.2 Suggestion Titanpad)

!! IMPORTANT !!
>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
Mirrors to come.

Introducing the MGCYOA Supplementary Combat System v1.1!

Created at roughly the same time as AMGC, the SCS allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.4 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike.

This PDF covers the basics of magical girls and sets the groundwork for future updates (which will include Patrons, DMGs, and Monster Girls). Additionally, plans have already been made to update alongside the CYOA v1.5 update which will be coming soon.

>Mega link with the soon-to-come expansions to the SCS coming soon

he SCS is proud to present its first major expansion!

The OC&FF Expansion includes information on the various Patrons that inhabit the multiverse, as well as rules regarding the Black Coin and Natural Monster Girls. Additionally, a small Bestiary is included, detailing some common foes for campaigns taking place in the Overcity. By popular request, Fusion has also been mechanically adapted for SCS use.

Be on the lookout for the GM's Guide, which will be ready when it's ready.

Celebrating 50 years of magical girling, I give you this guide to the magical girl genre!

Monster girls

Puchuu

Fusion

Rolled 3, 4, 1, 12, 20, 9, 20, 1, 9, 18, 11, 5 = 113 (12d20)

Every single thread.
I'm tempted to start posting the Sakurafish.

Rolled 12, 18, 18, 13, 9, 3, 19, 5, 15, 4, 5, 2 = 123 (12d20)

These can be found over here: where it says !! IMPORTANT !!. If Mega isn't suitable to prevent cloatting up the OPs with the still-expanding number of systems, I'll look into some mirrors for all the add-on PDFs. I'll also move the links to a higher position within the post so they're more noticeable if desired.

With that said, rollan.

Rolled 16, 3, 9, 15, 17, 7, 13, 5, 2, 15, 20, 17 = 139 (12d20)

What is Sakurafish?

Rolled 13, 15, 11, 4, 9, 12, 18, 3, 3, 15, 4, 7 = 114 (12d20)

everyday until you like it

Thanks fishmonger

Rolled 2, 6, 10, 9, 17, 8, 4, 8, 10, 3, 9, 17 = 103 (12d20)

Is your mahou lewd?

Also roll

Some are, some aren't. It depends on the character.

At any rate, lewdity is a backseat to the job, whatever that job might be.

Post mahous and mahou accessories.

BEHOLD MY LETHAL WEAPONRY

The Shirobakos would make an excellent Mahou team.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnNht9HVDLY

Combine this with SCP-871 (scp-wiki.net/scp-871) and you've got yourself a top-tier horrifying idea for a mahou

Ughh fuck, was busy the last week. Gonna upload the updated magical girl folder right now.

Gwyndolin a cute. CUTE!

Here it is:
mega.nz/#!4EUTUQDA!QVkLqaYyrhplfgGLhtfrKhqVIPeno6jwlIXoLujWNyM

Entire folder here:
mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Hey did you guys kill Walpurgis yet or are we going to have to do this the old fashioned way and nuke the damned thing until it doesn't move?

Nope, still alive and kicking. We got it down from I think 8 to 3 tentacles and the core, but the damn thing has a ton of soak and hp, so we're not denting it too much. Plus, the DM keeps disappearing to do homework and other things.

Three words for you: Relativistic Antimatter Gun

If you can accelerate things to relativistic speeds, why bother using antimatter?
If you have antimatter, why bother accelerating it to relativistic speeds?
Did you just smash some science words together and add "gun"?
Does anyone have any science/SciFi themed magical girls? Because now I'm curious.

At least one mechanically-inclined post-Apoc magical girl springs to mind. There's a few characters that take cues from SciFi, but none that seem to be specifically SciFi or science oriented.

There's quite a few, Agatha and Nidhogg come to mind.

Oh heh, I accidentally a word. Meant to ask if anyone had any cool pictures. Wondering what a scifi magical girl outfit might look like.

Surprisingly, not too far from a normal magical girl outfit. Koukaku No Pandora is almost literally "Ghost in the Shell but magical girl lesbian robots".

The MC switches between a few different outfits, but this is her default.

Well, Vividred is pretty much tech based.

Vividred is also shit. Nanoha's way better in the tech-like magical girl subgenre even if it looks like plain magic at first.

What's this?

A collection of vaguely-magical girl images with some bonus stuff thrown in.

A lot of it is great for character art or even desktop backgrounds.

Rolled 1, 11, 12, 3, 7, 20, 10, 17, 8, 19, 15, 12 = 135 (12d20)

Rolled 3, 16, 8, 3, 1, 6, 16, 19, 3, 19, 7, 19 = 120 (12d20)

In (somewhat late) celebration of Mother's Day:
Does your mahou have a real or adoptive mother, a mentor, or otherwise just another, more experienced girl she looks up to?

What has she learned from these maternal figures in her life?

I rarely encounter girls of her age or older, so she's the one doing the surrogate mother thing.

I also rolled the self-proclaimed mother of magical girls.

And apparently delicious too.

Rolled 5, 10, 17, 19, 4, 1, 16, 13, 12, 4, 15, 9 = 125 (12d20)

My mahou is a mother. With two kids, a husband, and a job as a schoolteacher.

She's gone through a lot. #goldcoinageproblems

Nailah: Her parents are dead (SHE'S BATMAN!) and her legal guardian is her older brother.

Agnes: Her patron is her mother-figure and she loves her dearly. The feeling is 100% mutual

Claire: She has... many mothers, so it's complicated. Needless to say, the Money perk really comes in handy on Mothers Day.

Kara: She still talks to her mom, though they aren't that close. Hard to be close to someone who severely mentally damaged due to various traumas.

Ken: Technically... would you consider the product of a TwinSoul to be the child of the original? We'll just say "no" for simplicity here.

Gwen: Literally who.

Why not just use gelbooru or danbooru?

Has your magical girl/boy ever done something they were forced to do, or something they regret doing?

Kaylee barely remembers her family.

Let it be known that on this day, a MILF, a lesbian-turned-dude, and an edgy teenager all took the orders of a candy-loving 10-year-old and fought some creepy spiders made from the fabric between the worlds.

The fact that this is an entirely sane statement is a testament to how silly this stuff can be.

WHOA WHOA WHOA hold the phone there.

Rolled 3, 16, 5, 12, 16, 15, 1, 14, 18, 20, 4, 17 = 141 (12d20)

Not my girl, but I'm sure Rally regrets tonight's events.

Rolled 5, 7, 10, 7, 8, 4, 15, 3, 1, 5, 19, 14 = 98 (12d20)

Overcity News Network
Massive one sided fighting in the Overcity last night as a psychotic gun girl and enraged swordswoman engaged in combat with a luchadora who declined to fight back and a mysterious man who is only rumored to perpetuate the philosophy of Hustle, Loyalty and Respect.

Pic related, Rally last night.

What is the best spec and why is it Spirit?

>not water

I'm relatively certain pic related was also Rally last night.

Belinda: Her mother and father are alive. She tries to keep in contact with her parents, though she can't live with her family anymore. Among the magical world, her more experienced mentor and closest (well, only) friend is a lamia by the name of Melissa. Currently it's impossible for her to get in touch with either of them, as she's been stranded in a relatively unstable zone of Overcity and has to find her way home.
Belinda's mother taught her to cook, among the countless other things mothers teach their daughters. Melissa, meanwhile, has been teaching her urban survival skills and how to use fire magic.

Aysu: Mother is alive, but Aysu has been out of contact with her family for close to five years. That may soon change, as she can't run away so easily from who and what she is. Other than her mother (and two older sisters) she hasn't really bonded closely with any surrogate mother figure and almost seems to keep most people at arm's length.
Aysu's mother and sisters only taught her some of what she needs to know, due to her abrupt exit from their lives. Aysu might even think they never really taught her much of anything, regardless of how true or false that may be.

Seona: Complicated situation. Somni, her often motherly puchuu, is probably the greatest influence on her.
From Somni, Seona has learned pretty much everything she knows about the magical world and a number of mundane skills besides.

Belinda: Her magical career has been 20% training, 40% mortal danger, and 40% regret. Also some demonic possession.
There have been several times that she's had to do things she didn't want to, but were required by the situation. Purification by fire is not a safe or wholesome practice.

Aysu: Taking sides when her friends feud and running away from home.

Seona: Resealed a monster girl who just wanted to see her family again after five years of imprisonment. She did so under an unfamiliar and uncaring puchuu's orders, but came back and freed the girl within a couple days. She technically didn't disobey any orders by doing so.

Rolled 3, 5, 5, 9, 14, 14, 1, 6, 2, 18, 3, 13 = 93 (12d20)

Rolled 13, 8, 19, 7, 20, 17, 4, 16, 14, 14, 18, 18 = 168 (12d20)

Pic related, Cenario has suffered a great shame in that battle.

I erped for the first time tonight with one of my mahous. Not sure what to feel.
At least it wasn't canon.

Rolled 17, 19, 6, 5, 5, 10, 20, 12, 13, 18, 18, 12 = 155 (12d20)

Totally serious statement, too.

Aysu is not food nor for lewd.

Aysu is friend.

Quick 20-min sketch.

Horatio's learned a lot since becoming a mahou. But not enough to talk to the person he wants to, apparently.

You're reading Sleepless Domain aren't ya, /AMG general/?
sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover

Seems about right for Guns and Grim.

This looks like Cube Watermelon and I'm already hyped.

Heh.

It goes full "here's a society built around magical girling", complete with their families receving compensation in case of death.

Rolled 2, 18, 8, 20, 12, 5, 3, 20, 6, 11, 5, 11 = 121 (12d20)

Only read a bit so far. This five-girl-band needs someone with Power of Friendship badly.

You don't even know the half of it, QB.

Pretty cool, m80

Because of this comic I now think Brown girls with anime hair colors look terribile.

I dunno, I quite like Undine.

Shit got real fast.

pastebin.com/T5azVB0V

Amelia and Alexa get a visit from Amelia's Puuchu. Neither are happy about what it has to say.

/cyoa general/ says I have to go here. Which of the nineteen images/pdf's do I need to use to make a Magical Girl character?

There's two, both can be used to writefag about, but I recommend this one so you won't be at a disadvantage if you take part in IRC campaigns and stuff.

Also the second one has extra perks and stuff if you like that sort of thing.

First is more of a writing prompt generator but second works just fine for that too.

OP makes a character. The plain purple bluish and pink PDFs ( and ) have a homebrew game system for that.

makes a character for an exalted based homebrew. Expansions in the linked Mega.

>if you take part in IRC campaigns
There's no risk of that happening
so second has more stuff?

>so second has more stuff?
Yes

Amelia's Puuchu seems to be getting the short end of the stick. The biggest mistake was just saying "No." after she asks BOTH "Isn't that enough?" and "Doesn't that matter?". Clearly it matters, but obviously it is not enough.

"Surely, you can see what harm could come of them, left unchecked?". Well it is trying to be sympathetic, too bad it didn't work.

Amelia, please. Stop being such a hot head. Ha.

so, if I make a character, will people respond, or how?
I'm not used to these threads.
What's your opinion of writefagging?

>so, if I make a character, will people respond, or how?
I made tons before I joined IRC, and are still unable to predict whether the post gets any responses.

>What's your opinion of writefagging?
Do what thou wilt, in a pastebin.

There are some writefags around with more useful advice.

I've only ever seen the first purple .pdf. Had no idea this was so complicated though. Can you ignore all those addons?

Yes, just roll your d20s

If you fuck it up, the CYOA police are going to throw you in Majou jail.

Or, just, y'know, chill out and have some fun with it.

Rolled 8, 20, 3, 9, 20, 20, 18, 12, 15, 1, 6, 13 = 145 (12d20)

sheesh louise, that's dangerous
here goes nothing
Picking this one, for no real reason. I do prefer the purple of the OP, but user says this one has more stuff

The Pink .pdfs are just a CYOA. is the base CYOA, with being the expansion that expounds on the kind of being that is your mystical backer. If you just want to writefag up some fiction, I suggest using these.

The Blue .pdfs are AMG Core - it's a tabletop rules system that allows you to actually use the girls in GM'd games or to ad hoc fight if you want to roleplay in the IRC. The main rule document for AMGC in has 20 extra perks over the pink .pdf, allows characters to have 6 perks instead of 5, and has 1 less main specialization. It also has more stats to keep track of., , and are additional rules packs for Monster Girls, your fluffy mascot, or Fusing with another girl a la Dragonball.

SCS is an alternate combat system that holds closely to the Base pink pdf. is the the main rules for it, and is the reflection of the Patron expansion. If you rolled with the Pink pdfs, SCS lets you translate your build into its combat rules.

>8, 20, 3, 9, 20, 20, 18, 12, 15, 1, 6, 13
8, 20, 3, 9, 20, 20, 18, 12, 15, 1, 6, 13
1 gold, 3 silver, 4 copper

STR: 4 +1
AGI: 4
VIT: 4 +1 +1 +1
MAG: 4 +1
LCK: 4 +1 +1 +1 +1
+1 STR/VIT/LCK
+3 STR/MAG
+1 STR/AGI

>Age: 8+7 = 15
I'm okay with being an immortal 15 year old: Just barely old enough to be legal, without losing my youthful appearance.
>Body: 20
God-diddly-damn. Is there a bonus for rolling twenty? Some ara-ara~ with the other girls?
That's my head cannon, at least
>Specialization: 3
Use a bronze coin to get mother-effing Fire magic, baby!
>Weapon: 9
One bronze coin to get Melee. A big-ass polearm.
>Outfit: 20
Cosplay. Seriously? I guess it fits her.
I'll go with Generic Anime Schoolgirl-outfit. That'll compliment her anime-tier body nicely.
>Power: 20
Scrying. Eh.
>18, 12
Purification artifact, enhanced outfit
I don't know what "+1 Soak" is, but I won't waste a silver coin to change it to Enhanced weapon.
Silver coin, swap Purification artifact for Martial training
>15,1
Money, Inter-dimensional tourist
Spend a silver coin: I have to swap Inter-dimensional tourist for Closure. I'm not an asshole.
>6,13
Fortunate, Mirror move
Mirror move is useless.

Gold coin:
>Enhanced sustenance
Just too useful

I got disoriented doing this, having to go back and forth to make sure things add up.
I know I can get an extra perk with Gold coin, and I have two more bronze + silver coins, but this hurts my head to go through.

2 Bronze, 2 silver, 1 gold

Wow, you got 3 20s. There's not an official bonus for landing 20 on Body, but some people like to have it scaled to the roll they get.

You have good taste in spec magics.

If you're just writing and not using the character for any RP, you can largely ignore the stat numbers in favor of taking the fluff perks you want. If you do care about them, it seems like your mahou is definitely tough and lucky, though she's probably not too agile. The Fire bonus either makes her strong (complimenting her weapon) or good at burning things with her fire magic (a nice option to have).