Arms&Armor Thread

It's that time again everyone

Peasant Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10426910902988059
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it is only now that I realize I have no peasant weapons or armor

Ill dump what I got. I was going to make this thread myself, glad ones already going.

What weapons would actually be good in actual-tight-quarters-mineshaft-tunnel fighting, for when you don't have convenient 10 foot wide dungeon corridors? I'd sort of guess spears or other thrusting weapons that don't need room to swing.

I'd go with a short spear and heater shield.

Tunnel rats in Vietnam carried knives and a pistol, you might be able to replicate that. Hand crossbows would work fairly well, as you could fire around corners.

Spears, lances, and pikes are all great in narrow halls. Other smaller things like daggers, short swords, clubs, rapiers, and axes would be good too.

You need chopping and thrusting motions.

Sallets are top tier helmets for swordsman characters.

what kind of helmet is the guy in the front wearing?

Kinda reminds me of Shredder

No idea. Looks cool and plausible tho.

It's essentially a sallet, but with an... atypical visor.

Should I post my collection of modern weapons too?

Ramirez, capture thy yonder Burger Town.

Ugh. Those pauldrons....

A sallet with a really shitty modern sports visor. Worse looking than a bar grill

Taking requests

Sure man

I've seen a fa/tg/uy turn down weapon art

Alright lemme post some actual art first

none of yon knaves haveth a tiny maiden upon thine helm, be off with you beggars

are blades from vidya allowed?

>Taking requests

I require burgonets.

probably a weird request, but whatever

Do you have any really ahistorical armor? Stuff that screams the maker has no idea what he's doing, and just making things that seem like they'll work

pic unrelated

i really like this blade, seems like the perfect blade for a berserker type character

it doesn't even have an edge to it. It looks like someone carved it from granite but forgot to sharpen it.

that's some funny looking granite

Time for guns

well obviously they painted it purple.

Will do after I do ...I have shitty made crap if thats what you mean.

its made of amber, called kyparite i think.

>M1 Garand
>post-Vietnam ALICE gear

I am irked.

Just think about it for a bit.
Kite shields, with plate armor or mail, short war hammers or spears and daggers as back up, depending on enemy armor, backed by people with incredibly strong crossbows. The kite shield armored guys plug the tunnels while the crossbow men occasionally kill someone when they finish loading another bolt.

Dwarf warfare lol.

Poison gas, trapped corridors, and pitfalls.

Vietnam fucking shit

There was an interesting thread last year about dwarf warfare including gunpowder and one of the most interesting ideas was a fan system to blow the smoke from their cannons down the tunnel into the enemy lines and camps and using the reverberation to collapse tunnels and send deafening echoes down the caves.

The 1400s ones are misleading as hell. The number of people who actually wore full-plate would've been something like under 5% of armor wearing soldiers. That shit was expensive as fuck (had to be a noble) and didn't last long with the ironically overlapping rise of guns.

Probably more that they only do them for 1400 and 1450 and not for later 1400s where they might have been more common.

>Taking requests
Request that you stop tripfagging

>The number of people who actually wore full-plate would've been something like under 5% of armor wearing soldiers. That shit was expensive as fuck (had to be a noble)

The hell you talking about? The mid-to late 15thC was the rise of mass produced plate, as steel was cheaper and easier to work than ever. Along with the rise of the professional non-noble soldier, and middle class, plate was more common than it had ever been.

>didn't last long with the ironically overlapping rise of guns.

If you mean 300 years is not "lasting long". Guns were getting better and cheaper, but no where near the armour killing mass fire that would happen in the end of the 17thC.

Read a goddamn book.

I promised you burgonets.

No.

Don't bother with smoke. Red pepper dust and lime work better. Read your Plutarch Veeky Forums

>The number of people who actually wore full-plate would've been something like under 5% of armor wearing soldiers. That shit was expensive as fuck (had to be a noble)
He is talking about full-plate, which remained expensive and custom ordered even with plenty of partial plate munition grade armors in the battlefiled

>Taking requests
Mauls.

Specifically, archer's mauls, since there aren't really a lot of pictures out there.

>He is talking about full-plate
So whats misleading about the pic? They seem to all be generally focussed on the high end professional soldier except for the last one.

Thats a little harder... A maul was a tool, first and foremost, not a weapon.

The fact that full plate armor was produced well into and somewhat past the Victorian era doesn't mean that they were particularly useful as armor. Most of the suits-of-armor's existence was decorative... like an old parallel to the 1800s style royal guards garb.
Also, kinda moot, but the pic in question and all subsequent comments were about early-to-mid 15th c, not mid-to-late.

I don't agree with him about the pic. In this case, yes, those seem to represent the man-at-arms, sergeant or knight, the upper warriors, except for the 1610's one, which I think represents the average(?) soldier.

Serious question, why do you use a trip?

Do you have problems?

something about the proportions (perhaps the head) keeps tricking me into thinking this is a midget's armor

It is custom armor for children, like 10-year old princes.

>A maul was a tool
Well, this is a peasant edition thread.

>The fact that full plate armor was produced well into and somewhat past the Victorian era doesn't mean that they were particularly useful as armor. Most of the suits-of-armor's existence was decorative... like an old parallel to the 1800s style royal guards garb.

....The fuck are you talking about? No one is talking 19thC.

Are you really trying to tell me that 17thC plate wasn't worn for a valid reason? Pic related

I really don't think you have any clue about what you are talking about. No one was producing plate armour in the 18thC (1700's) and 19thC(1800's) outside of proofed breast plates and maybe helmets.

A child's.

Im just saying, being a wooden hammer, we have no surviving pieces, and you'll rarely find art outside of civilian use, with pieces like being rare.

Wooden wright or coopering mauls haven't changed in thousands of years, so here you go.

Why did you waste an image with a repost from the same goddamn thread ffs?

Did anyone ever read this? I can't, but I'm curious.
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10426910902988059

yeah, the 1610's is a heavy musketeer, who would actually be armoured lighter than a heavy pike or targeteer.

In reality, Knights were still wearing full plate in 1610. Pic related.

Because without a relevant pic, he'd get a ban trying to troll me.

Jesus, you're belligerent as fuck. Ironically so since I made a clear understandable analogy and you got butthurt as if you didn't understand that analogies and since you did and are still moving goal-post and pretending that we're talking late 1400s when we were clearing talking early.
>>for example
>now he's a acting like we said "they never existed"
>being this delusional