Between Jago Sevetar and Lucius I have read that both of them were superb swordsmen...

Between Jago Sevetar and Lucius I have read that both of them were superb swordsmen. Who would win in a straight up swordfight?

Jago

Lucius was a cocky asshole who fucked around too much. Jago was space punisher and got shit done

Lucius has a habit of getting killed so Sevetar probably wins. Now who would beat Corswain in a 1 v 1

Fair fight would be relatively even but Sevatar fueled Sisigmund to a standstill until he self-DQed with a dirty headbutt

> fueled
> dirty headbutt

Lewd

Based Sev. He's pretty much the best.

But this did make me realize slaanesh doesn't keep lucius around because he's the best swordsman or anything like that. It keeps him around because Lucius thinks he's the best swordsman. The convolutions and millennia of doubling down on pride/arrogance, puffing himself up while deep down knowing he's not good enough, not perfect enough, that's a sweet torture worth bringing back from the dead just to watch again.

Lucius is too cocky, really. He managed to get his ass kicked by Garviel Loken once, albeit by way of a sudden fist to the face in the practice cages, which is a trick both Jago and Sevetar would try to pull off right off the bat.

Also, quick note. That's assuming this is pre-Heresy. But even in 40k Lucius is one cocky motherfucker.

Based Sanakht, Hero of the 15th, Exile's Martyr, Aethaeneum Incarnate. He had two swords. That's more swords than Sevatar and Lucius combined.

Sev vs Kharn though?

Both were crazy motherfuckers that fought against or trained with Siggs.

Roll for initiative

Depends if the nails take over. I think if Kharn is in control of his actions he wouldnt win, since he purposely holds himself back in every sparring situation until the nails cause him to snap and beat his opponent to mush. Now if its on the battlefield and Kharn is going full fucking batshit, Sev is probably going to lose or at least have to withdraw, since Kharn goes super hard and starts to ignore wounds.

Jago due to his psychic precognition. He could see every move the Lucius would do.

If Jago survived the heresy how dangerous would the Nightlords be? I think they would have been a rather large thorn, the size of impaling spikes on the side of both the Imperium and the forces of chaos. I simply cannot see a Sevetarion led Night Lords bending knee to anyone.

Also Kharn is probably the hardest mortal motherfucker in the galaxy.

agreed.

If Sevetar survived, than the chain of rank would be used, and Sevetar would be chosen over Zso. And instead of chasing out after the assassin, he'd not only be a legend many already followed, but also able to put down any rebellious officers. Thus, the NL would be far more unified, and probably less chaos influenced

Sevatar's death basically fucked the possibility of the night lords remaining a cohesive fighting force. He was one of the few such who was able to command by force of will, and the other practical commanders like Ophion didn't command nearly the same respect, likely due to a comparative lack of combat prowess.

A lot of the Night Lords already were content to ignore the Haunter, and without Sevatar there would be no centralized leadership.

Add on that the Atramentar were slavishly loyal to Sevatar only and it's not a huge wonder the Ashen Claws were able to wipe out the splintered Night Lords piecemeal.

> ignore the Haunter
from what I understand is that the only reason they stayed unified as long as they did was because they admired/feared curze. They didnt know that he loathed all of them.

Admiration and fear yes, but the the Primarchs also possess a psychic link with their marines making them well liked. All of the astartes that has a confirmed killed Primarch felt the death of their progenitor.

That's why when M'shen killed Curze every Night lord went;

"Shit! Primarchs dead."

admired, yes
feared, yes

and yet many were openly critical of him on multiple occasions in Prince of Crows. Some even seem relatively unconcerned about what seems like his impending death from injuries caused by the Lion.

fuck. if my own sons didnt care if i lived or died i'd have loathed them too. It seems to me the legionares that still loved curze were either ones from before Nostramo went back to hell or stood by Curz's side long enough to build a bond with him. (even if it was one sided.)

Too many "superb swordsmen" in 30K/40K nowadays ...

I remember when it was just Lucius who was the defacto best Chaos swordsmen in the fluff, but now everybody is a badass with a blade.

Well they are Astartes, but you're right even Ciaphas Cain is a master swordsman. And in fluff Lucius is a good swordsman but a bad fighter. He lost a lot of times due to surprise sucker punches.

well in GW's defense both 30k and 40k are based in martial cultures where soldiers are expected to hone their fighting craft.

>but the the Primarchs also possess a psychic link with their marines making them well liked

Which makes those that died on Isstvan III seem like hardcore fuckers who resist strong temptation to do what's wrong, except for the few who got sent down by mistake. It was in one of those Horus Heresy books.

Aren't the Night Lords on the verge of re-uniting thanks to Octavia and Septimus's love child?

don't know if it's their child
it could be anyone's in fact.
I believe it specifically says that the flayer 'never came' in the last segment with them actually.

Swagsmund of course

Kharn isn't mortal, he can't fucking die.

I thought he simply took a long time tracking them down before stealing their baby, so they had like, maybe a few years of happiness with it before he murdered them and stole the child? Or at least that's what I felt was implied.

Other option: It's a fake planted by Abaddon in order to trick the VIII Legion's warbands to unify for his 13'th Black Crusade.

Kharn has always been the best melee dude in all of 40k.

Everyone's a badass bladesmen in their own way though.

Also there's many ways to be best. Kharn was the best at melee assault, but sigismund was the best duelist.

>Kharn was the best at melee assault, but sigismund was the best duelist.

>Be the Emperor's Champion
>Go in deep enemy lines, man on a mission to kill all who oppose Him
>Come out alive

>Be Angron's second in command
>Assault the walls of Terra
>Come out in pieces

Kharn was a bitch.

Have you tried axing a fortress? Shit's hard

you've tried?

>They didnt know that he loathed all of them.

Sev knew and had the balls to call Curze on his bullshit. He was probably the one sane man in a legion of sociopaths while ironically being the best at killing among them all.

Best non-Primarchs thread then?

>Corswain
>Sigismund
>Lucius
>Raldoron/ Azkaellon
>Kharn/ Delvarus/Kargos
>Qin Xa/ Hibou Khan
>Abaddon/ lil Horus
>that triarch guy from the Ultramarines

I need new names to add, and I need them ranked. I think we can fairly say Sig, Sev, Abaddon are toptier

There would probably be some decent 2nd tier World Eaters, Emperors Children, and White Scars who would still be as good as other legions champions.

Kharn and Lucius are iffy-tier because technically they do die several times, even before the end of the Heresy.

Salamanders, Iron Warriors, Death Guard, Alpha Legion, Iron Hands, Word Bearers, Raven Guard really need not bother applying.

Kharn only died because he threw himself into the thickest of the fighting and killed the most people in the Battle of Terra single handily. IIRC he reached one million kills by the time he "died". Lucius doesn't even belong on that list considering how often the dude gets bitchslapped.

>Greetings battle brother. How goes the defense?
>The world eaters have joined the fray.
>World eaters? Why are standing here brother? The savage beasts must be stopped!
*points at the world eaters attacking the palace walls with chain-axes
>They've been at for 3 days.

Corswain
Lucius
Kroeger?
Qin Xa
Skarssen?
Sigismund
Sevatar
Raldoron
[No idea for Iron Hands]
Kharn
Tauro Nicodemus
Grulgor?
Abaddon
Argel Tal
[Some Kyme-ian monstrosity]
Sharrowkyn, for all his bullshit
Inigo Pech?

Are we talking duels, or real fight?
In real fight Sigismund rules over all.
Second place shared between Kharn, Sevatar, Abaddon, and Blood Angels one, forgot his name.
Lucius is top tier swordsman/fighter, but not the greatest.

>both Jago and Sevetar
You do realise they're the same dude, right?