Infinite Stars Quest 17

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Infinite Stars Quest

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are Captain SAMANTHA WELLINGS, a newly minted captain of the Centauri Accord!

Currently, you were back in the Armory with Tank to prep for the raid on the Confederate world of White Haven. Tank seemed to be standing at a much farther distance than usual. You kinda wondered what the reason was. Maybe it was something to do with last night?

Regardless, you had to choose your loadout if you were going to accompany Tank's raiding force down to the surface. Well, you had to choose your armor again. As always, the heavy armor would give you better protection and was better suited for an up front battle and protracted conflicts. The light armor, however, would be more conducive to quick, lightning attacks and mobility, and would be a lot more stealthy...

>Light
>Heavy
>Other

>>Light
We tried out the Heavy already.

>Light
This is still a sneaking mission, isn't it?

>Light

When we do get the opportunity to upgrade other systems of the ship, maybe we should install a few "Parasite spacecraft" to the hull of ship for manned or unmanned combat/scouting.

>>Light
>Something wrong tank?

>>Light

>Heavy

>Light
SO if I wanted to read another of Merc's quests, what do people advise reading? Read Parawitches already.

>Light
How's youre rpg going btw?

>>Light

That or we could always expand our armoury.

>>Light

Cyberpunk Idol Management Quest. All hail the daughterus.

The original Merc quest, Valkryian Mercs Quest.

I'm starting to think that Tank might be an android that has greater freedoms than most other robots, and probably communicates in binary.

Supporting Personally I'd say everything just because I read them all, but Valkyrian Mercs Quest 2 is probably a pass in all honesty.

What if Tank is Jager?

No matter what Tank is, he/she/it will be best Girl

Ace Combat Quest, solely for drunk Karla pretending to be Pixy.

Seconding Cyberidol. The others are good too, but Cyberidol's one of the better ones.

Breddy much what they said. Lot of what he writes is pretty good, even VMQ2 if you can look past the shitstorm that was the waifu wars.

Not to mention Armchair's HERE COMES THE SNOW and epic rolls.

It's going along pretty well! Dealing with lots of spoopy shit and asshole Japanese!

It all started with being surrounded by enemy jets and snowballed into cyberidols...

>>Light

VMQ for sure as even now it's one of Merc's best quests nice balance of dice and plot (and a reasonable system), and it's the main reason most of us are here reading his stuff today.

One of the best parts of Cyberidols were the theories of what the hell Cole was. That and Niko decretly being a ninja and Rin being a Succubus.

Rin wasn't a succubus, she was a temptress. She never actually did anything.

She was able to charm people very well, something associated with succubi

"I think I'll go with the light stuff this time." You say.

Tank nods, but still keeps his distance. Apparently he was still worked up.

"What, you're not going to help me?" You chuckle.

Tank shakes his head. You should know the process by this point.

Heh, it was rare to see Tank being so worked up over something. You watch him as the armor attaches to your regular suit, integrating itself onto your body. Tank continues to keep his distance from you, looking away somewhat awkwardly.

>It's best to leave Tank alone for now.
>Tease Tank.
>Assure him that kiss didn't mean anything.
>Other

>>Assure him that kiss didn't mean anything.

>>Tease Tank.

Heh, heh , HEH

While I want to tease him, I think it's best to leave him alone

She never did anything though.

>>Tease Tank.

>>Tease Tank.
We can apologize right after

>Tease Tank.

>>Tease Tank.

>Assure him that kiss didn't mean anything.

Build Fighters Quest was my favourite. Sequel never.

>>Other
Wow I didn't know you'd hate a kiss from me that badly....

>>It's best to leave Tank alone for now.
No bully!

No need to push in that direction. give it more time for more natural growth in relationship.

>Tease Tank.
WE BULLY NOW

>>Tease Tank.

>Build Fighters Quest was my favourite.
It was the quest that made me interested in researching the older Gundam series, and getting a model for myself. I had no idea something ridiculously funny and awesome like the GM Juggler existed.

I need to finish that quest. I really liked the opening scene at the FLGS.

>The original Merc quest, Valkryian Mercs Quest.
Fuck yes! It was the second Merc quest I read, but the best of them all in terms of originality, story, character, and sheer awesomeness of the dice rolls. That last nat-20 was completely unforgettable. I literally screamed out loud for real when that came up.

>>Tease Tank.

Please take quest threads to the quest board that was specifically made for them.

>Tease Tank.
TEASE BIG HUSBANDO

You stay silent. It was probably best to leave Tank alone for now, especially right before a mission like this one.

"You ARE ready, right?" You ask Tank.

Tank nods, holding up his heavy plasma rifle and stubby plasma caster. Basically, his idea of a "light" loadout. A number of light combat bots powered up as well, to assist your infiltration.

You take up your own loadout. Basically just a standard plasma carbine, in keeping with your intent on staying light and fast. Your light armor would have its own built in shields like the heavy armor, but they wouldn't be nearly as robust. At least you still had onboard power to boost them in necessary, though.

SHIELD: 50/50
ARMOR: 50/50
POWER: 150/150

"Captain, we're in position behind the nearest moon." Bradford announces. "We're ready to go whenever you are."

>All right, let's go.
>There's something I need to handle here first. (specify)

>All right, let's go.

>All right, let's go.

>All right, let's go.

Let's rock.

>inb4 we do another Biotic Charge

>All right, let's go.

>All right, let's go.

>All right, let's go.

>>All right, let's go.

>All right, let's go.

Anyone think someone is staring at our cute butt?

"All right, let's go." You nod to Tank. "Bradford, get the shuttle ready."

"On it, Captain." Bradford nods.

"We've done our best to get the shuttle as stealthy as possible." Scott adds in over the comms. "Mostly just removed or covered up any that could give a possible sensor return. As long as you only keep only the critical systems running, you should be fine.

"Critical system such as..."

"Basically just engine at minimal power." Scott explains.

"Right, right." You sigh.

You, Tank, the rest of the robotic strike squad head down into the shuttle bay and file into the waiting shuttle. The pilot gives you an acknowledging look before closing the boarding ramp.

"So how do you want to do this, Captain?" The pilot asks. "I can drop you a few miles from the target site. It'll take a bit of walking to get there, but it's your best shot at avoiding detection. Or, I can do a hot insertion. It'll be a lot faster, but the 'hot' part is there for a reason..."

>Land a safe distance away.
>A hot insertion sounds good.
>Other

I'm more concerned about the heating/cooling system is and how sweaty it can get.

Sneaking!

>>Land a safe distance away.

Everyone is

This is a sneaking mission

We're doing this sneeki breeki like.

>Land a safe distance away

Then

>Don't get caught doing it

Commencing Virtuous Mission

How shapely is it?

Flat? Small?

I bet Sam has wanted Tank to do a hot insertion with her for a while.

Safe and sneaky is good. It's why we chose to do it this way to begin with.

That's assuming Tank has the proper equipment

Fit but perky.

He will, if not Doc will make sure he get's it.

It makes up for Sam having a flat deck

He's just waiting to tear through that skintight suit.

We're still not even sure Tank is actually a he.

>Tiny girl with smalltits but perfect ass
I AM SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO IDEA

And?

formerly flat, just small now.

>Small
>Everybody mistakes them for mosquito bites

I know right!

Well okay. Putting a penis on a girl is perfectly fine with me.

>Land a safe distance away

A-are you liking my quest so far?

Take your pick

"Put us down a safe distance from the facility." You inform the pilot. "I'm willing to walk a bit over getting shot at."

"Roger that." The pilot nods, slightly relieved. "Adjusting course."

The shuttle bay doors then slowly open, revealing the expanse of space as well as the desolate surface of the moon the Gullinbursti was hiding behind. The pilot throttles the shuttle up and it begins puttering along towards the planet.

"Oh shit. Oooooooh shit." The pilot frowns.

"What's wrong?" You ask.

"That." The pilot points up and to the left. You squint your eyes. The shuttle's sensors were off, so the tactical overlay couldn't really highlight it, and you were surprised the pilot was even able to eyeball it. However, you own eyes adjust and you manage to see the faint outline of a Confederate corvette.

"Can... can it see us?" You whisper, as if your voice might actually be heard.

"Don't know." The pilot grimaces.

"Can we change course to avoid it?"

"Right now we're on a ballistic course to mimic orbital debris." The pilot informs you. "If we change course now, they'll notice."

Tank then leans in with a suggestion, pointing back in the direction of the moon. Perhaps the Gullinbursti could distract its attention?

>Just stay quiet and hope it passes.
>Call Gullinbursti for assistance.
>Other

It's not bad so far! Just keep at it!

>>Just stay quiet and hope it passes.

>Just stay quiet and hope it passes.

I'd say her rear is petite