Cute or pretty monsters thread

This is for non humanoid (Ie monster girls or boys) art as I'm looking for companion creature art. I will dump a bunch of stuff I have to show what I've already got and to help give a feel for what I'm looking for. I hope others can help me and my collection helps others feeble as it is.

Is that a dragonfruit fruit dragon? Adorable. Also delicious-looking. I could not have that as an animal companion, I'd be constantly nibbling on it.

this is probably one I'm going to use. The tail has a tickle flame so she can get you off of her if you try and taste her.

As much as I dislike ear wings, I like this.

have another real animal that's cute but could pass as a monster

>

and other than a couple pone pics i can't post due to GR15 thats pretty much all I got. Heres to hoping you guys have some neat stuff buried somewhere. I'm kind of at a loss on how to get more of these things. with the builds I have in mind, only a few have jumped out at me.

bump?

bump.

>I shall unravel your secrets, yarn!

What is this? A hybrid of horse and dragon?

qilin / kirin

From fantasy friends by Ewen Cluney

bump

I've seen these before, what are they?

Stolen from drawthread

This guy may be not pretty, but it's at least funny

snowy owl gryphon

Op here, thanks a ton for these new pictures. I definately want to use
if only i could find a cute yi qi

Not really a monster, but it's cute!

Slimes can be super convenient.

I've got this kinda cute vel'koz picture

I think it's actually a dragon descended proto horse, the Chinese believed horses descended from dragons, and called larger horses dragons. The qirin/qilin/kirin is a unicorn like magical beast unrelated to dragons, there is another chinese mythic beast that is similar looking to both a qirin and a dragon, it's one of their four big legendary beasts, the others being phoenix, qirin and dragon, one supposedly showed up when Confucius was born

???

Underrated post

This is horrifying mate and I love cheetahs.

this is amazing.

currently deciding which animal i should use for undead type cuteness. this ones kind of bat like.

wasn't planning on them being a wolf but this is also pretty bloody... hmmm

this is a little more vicious but it has soft looking hair and I can probably edit the eyes a bit...

then there are these things. sleek and black. yet still pretty.

theres more green ones that expose claws more.

wonder what other people would pick.

theres this thing but its a little colorful.

No, you are messing up different unrelated creatures in chinese mythology.
The four legendary beasts are the Red Bird, Blue Dragon, Black Turtle and White Tiger.
Then there's Feng Huang or the chinese phoenix who is usually depicted paired with a dragon. This is a different creature to the Red Bird (Zhu Que).
The Qi Lin is also not related to all of the above creatures. It's just another legendary creature depicted as half dragon/horse/tiger. The real thing that inspired the depiction of a qi lin is actually a giraffe.

>Update