/swg/: Can't help But Wonder Where I'm Bound Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: →

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

If you see me passing by, and you sit and you wonder why
and you wish that you were rambling too
nail your shoes to the kitchen floor, lace em up and bar the door, and thank the stars for the roof that's over you

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/users/544195/zentha-c):
app.roll20.net/users/20463/cheshire-cat):
app.roll20.net/users/217376/apokh):
app.roll20.net/users/187557/grayson):
app.roll20.net/users/572805/yvon-r):
app.roll20.net/users/501592/igari-d):
app.roll20.net/users/64637/wade-c):
app.roll20.net/users/878533/a-malkav):
youtu.be/Lqsfyd7WuB0
youtube.com/watch?v=aiiNUUKJNPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thinking of picking up an AoR book to supplement an Imperial themed campaign I'm planning to run for NY local 501st mates.

Which book would you ladz recommend for Imp shenanigans.

Is that some Tom Paxton?
If so, your patrician taste extends even further than I thought

do you guys think the chick from Rogue One is Rey's mom?

There is a resemblance.

sort of. heard it first from johnny cash, then paxton later
it is theoretically possible, but I'd wait for RO to even think of making it an actual theory, seeing as she might die and rey's ~24 or less, so she's got to survive to endor+2 years, which is unlikely given that RO is apparently gonna go and be an edgy shitbird "modern" "war movie", so randomly killing "likable" characters is a near-given

Stay on Target's not too bad, Dangerous Covenants has lots of big guns and Special Modifications has tonnes of stuff worth looking at for any system.

I got a heavy Eddie Izzard vibe from this pic... and now I want to see SW with him as a Jedi.

What is in your opinion, the best way to have Obligation and Duty in the same party?

Just have it be there. It worked perfectly fine with my game: my players started as pure EotE characters, but when the AoR beta came out I started using stuff from that. They got embroiled in the Rebellion after going through Beyond the Rim, fighting the Imperials they came across and even telling an ex-Sep captain that joining the Alliance might be a good idea if he hates the Empire so much.
In the end they were at least part-time Alliance operatives who turned the tide at Hoth long enough to change history: Veers' walkers were stopped cold thanks to them and Rogue Squadron, forcing Vader's fleet to use TIE bombers and an orbital bombardment as a Plan B.

In the end they got butthurt because I wouldn't give them a battleship and now we're doing a KOTOR-era game

What I'm trying to say is it's perfectly feasible to have a character with both and a Morality too, if they're Force-users. F&D actually has a section on crossovers, with a suggestion to use one roll for activating all three systems.

I'd also suggest letting people with Duty be capable of buying off their Obligation through roleplaying over time. Han did it in ROTJ, after all.

Ís it not a lot of bookkeeping to have 2-3 of those to handle?

In my experience? Not really. Like I said, there's an option for a one-roll check for all three.
Honestly you just really need to note down what each of them is: players will happily tell you what their Duty total is, that shit's beneficial, while Obligation can be woven into an ongoing plot if you look for opportunities.

Also, players are likely to tell you when their Morality score has hit high or low levels too. I think we made our GM cry because he never, ever got any destiny points to spend at one point.
Don't worry, I fell from grace shortly afterwards!

I'm starting my groups first Edge/Age/F&D game soon, and could use some advice on what to put them against.

They are a Rebel cell sent to retrieve a storehouse of high-grade Bacta from a small Imperial base on a world that was bombed into post-apocolyptic status for refusing to bend the knee. I'm picturing a sort of Star Wars take on Mad Max for the first portion of the adventure.

They will start out crashing, utterly trashing their ship. Given the state of the planet, there will only be several other freighters on-world, and all of them owned by Raider/Crime Bosses who use them to smuggle slaves and goods on and off world. Negotiating or stealing one of these will be their first task.

Obviously, there will be repulser vehicle chases, raider warbands, slaves to free, a thunderdome equivalent, and so on. Some feral creatures stalking the deeper ruins. But, what else? Any ideas?

Never forget that The Force is a part of Star Wars, and that doesn't only mean people who can use it.
Put in a segment somewhere with some vague but notably strange Force-related fauna or phenomena. Stress how utterly alien it is to these mere mortal plebs in the party, as well.

I have one player who isn't really interested in Star Wars as a setting, and the only way he finds the sandbox interesting enough to play in is as a Jedi. I'm going to, basically, let him be Kanan from Season 1 of Rebels. So there will be an Inquisitor after them eventually.

That said, good point. Perhaps some dark side energy, manifesting like the shadows from Metro 2033. Or a plant that is still vital amongst all the ruin, making no logical sense, perhaps a small tree.

Tsundere twi'leks y/n?

Needs more Imperial girls.

Hey /swg/ steam is doing a big Star Wars sale this weekend, but I thought I heard that the X wing and the older Jedi knight games don't work on the steam version. Let me know before I throw my money away

GOG has comperable prices and they work better

But you can get a refund on steam now if the game is not functional on your computer

I got you, fampai.

I want her to be my wife, who so tired of being an officer in her work day, is adorable and submissive in the bedroom.

Sorry user, she's gay.

>gay

Or is she bi?

Would anyone be interested in a living campaign using D20 Saga on Roll20?

I would recommend downloading ALL of them as pdf's.
What will the campaign be about?

i might be. I've never used the D20 system

Its basically a re-skinned 4e

What premise? I just signed up for Roll20 to look into World of Darkness, but might be interested. Might also be the wrong timezone, though, as I'm in the UK.

>I just signed up for Roll20 to look into World of Darkness
You've made a terrible mistake my friend.

...why do you say that?

Roll20 has a shit community, but the WoD one has been plagued with shit that would scare most men into never playing again.

Here's a list:

Zentha C. (app.roll20.net/users/544195/zentha-c): Vicissitude is a virus a la Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand, usurps games and kicks out the GM, has a group of boytoys following her around and doing everything she ever asks for
Cheshire Cat (app.roll20.net/users/20463/cheshire-cat): Terrible at running a story and awful at lore, one of the worst GM’s played with
Apokh (app.roll20.net/users/217376/apokh): Captain snorefest the GM
Grayson (app.roll20.net/users/187557/grayson): Slow and text only, not reliable
Yvon R. (app.roll20.net/users/572805/yvon-r): This guy is a huge fucking asshole and has an ego so big that they could be monuments to it.
The Dungeon Mistress (app.roll20.net/users/501592/igari-d): Words can’t describe how bad she is, but she treats her players like they’re 5 years old and acts like a fucking cheerleader. She has to be center of attention and everything you say or do is a matter of opinion. Avoid her and anyone she associates with.
Wade C. (app.roll20.net/users/64637/wade-c): Apparently he’s terrible at running games and min-maxing is a huge problem in his games. He has run some 120+ games yet none of them last longer than a month…
Malkav (app.roll20.net/users/878533/a-malkav): Words can’t describe how terrible of a GM this man is. If you could genetically engineer stupid people, this guy would be the result.

Oh dear. That sounds dire, especially as it seemed to easy to pull up those names.

Yeah, I've been to hell and back and back to hell and back from WoD on Roll20. It's terrible. Wait no, what's a worse word.

Terribad. It's been terribad.

Roll20 is a great tool, but the community is full of fucking cringe weirdos. Not the original poster, but I imagine that's what he means.

You seem pretty knowledgeable about Roll20 in general. Got any links or recommendations for other games? Interested in 5E in particular, and I'd love to be able to pull up a list of DMs to aspire to.

Mostly it was to get a feel for the Storyteller system; I'm running an Edge/Age/Force game in a months time, but next year I plan on doing a cWoD game. That said, I've listened in on several sessions recorded on Youtube, and it seems simple enough.

Might wait til a Fantasy Flight SW game is arranged on here. It's a system that, combined with being my groups Star Wars 'expert' I'm forever-GM. Get some use out of Roll20 that way.

This makes me glad that I only use roll20 to play with people I know irl.

I tend to avoid DnD like the plague. Namely because I've never had a good DnD game on Roll20. DnD is a minefield of shit that I refuse to wade through.

My recommendation is the check how much vested interest the GM has with the game, and how much he screens for Mary-Sue's and power gamers. If you feel like there's a Red Flag, there probably is and you should jump ship.

same

Lando's Back baby!
youtu.be/Lqsfyd7WuB0

He's been back since that one episode of Rebels.

Good I wish swg had more of this. Average troopers doing average trooper things

Anyone have Star Wars portraits of the various different races?

>that face
>happy
Looks like he's been held at blaster point to reveal his stash.

Wow, that's freeform forum roleplay-tier terrible. That's almost impressive

I need you to do me a favor. I need one of you to come kill me.

Yeah sure.
Why?

Because for our final project, one of my professors wants us to make an html website.
In Linux.
Using the command line.
I haven't hand-coded a fucking website since I wrote my first template.

>I heard Greedo shot first!

Self-aware comedy Star Wars is best

Brutal

It is EXACTLY that painful. This guy has been in tech since the 70s and he thinks that the really high-level coding programs are the devil.

Apparently even my method of notepad and browser tag-team isn't good enough because 'we'll totally have to do this'.
Also, his professorial website is fucking atrocious.

Very much so.

Oh, you know what's even better? I just remembered after finally getting this W3 CSS shit to work on one of the page files that I have to HAND CODE IT into the rest. Because command line doesn't DO copy/paste.

Is this guy making you do the assignment entirely in class or something?
Why can't you just do it in a sane way and pretend that you did it his way?

So do you think it's canon? Do you think they got rubber stamped to have their lore count for this one?

But that's Gears of War.

The player's will actually make characters based on their 501st costumes, then serve in a unit based on our squad, dealing with threats based on other local costuming groups.

Silly fun, basically.

So who's exited for Rogue One?

youtube.com/watch?v=aiiNUUKJNPc

Why would you do that. The alarm they used is from ANH.

Would an ImpStar2 in orbit be visible from the ground? What about a victory class or an SSD?

Short answer: Yes/No

Long answer: Cinematically: If it's not hiding and they're not electronically blind, they'll know it's there.
Realistically: if it's not hiding and they're not electronically blind, they'll know it's there but will see it as a bright star in the sky, like how you can see satellites or the ISS at night.

Define orbit. But yes.

On a good night you can clearly see the International Space station as a fast moving white dot thing.

The ISS is about as long as a football/soccer field, and way thinner.

An ISD is about 16 times as long and way thicker.

It would be very noticeable, even if you only got the rough shape of it.

Know how you can see the rough outline of a passenger airplane at 30,000 feet? Think something like that, but instead of 10,000 meters/ 30,000 feet, we are talking 100 KILOMETERS/60 ish miles.

Of course, for intimidation purposes the Imps would fly closer.

A victory would be visible too.

One caveat, at night time they would be hard to see IF the SD was also in a planets shadow. But if the ISD is in the sun light but the planet below is experiencing night time, it would look like a big white triangle.

What I want to know is if there will be a fourth rulebook associated with it.

I am hoping they just stick with the 3 they have right now.

IIRC, someone said some of the pregen characters mentioned use existing mix of careers/specs

>tfw no Clones wars setting

The FFG games have laminate armor, generic blaster types, lightsabers, and various battle droids. That's pretty much all you need. Refluff the Duty tables, rename some vehicle stat blocks, and you're good to go.

Alright, it's me again. I posted a few threads back about an Age of Rebellion game I was cooking up for a couple of players. This game is basically my homage to the crazy, beautiful Expanded Universe of old. The game is, essentially, just an excuse for me to showcase as much EU autism as I think my players can handle. It's set 4-5 years after ROTJ, as our players take part in a New Republic convoy mission through the debris field that was once Alderaan.

My players have come up with some great character concepts:
> Straight-laced son of a former dissident Imperial Senator. Coruscant native. Prefers the old republic to the new. Idolizes the extinct Jedi Order as the protectors of the Republic's ideals. Wears expensive Core World garb and uses a vibroblade (Spy-Infiltrator).

> Protocol droid, hastily reprogammed for urban warfare during a desperate last stand sometime during the Rebellion. Has violently resisted memory wipes and reprogramming since then. Lookes like a matte white 3P0 unit with painted-on angry eyebrows. (Hired Gun - Heavy)

cont.

>Imperial Academy and Flight School graduate. Ex-TIE Pilot, which makes him huge fan of SPEED and borderline suicidal maneuvers. Territorial, paranoid, and not at all a fan of others getting their grubby hands on his flight controls. Essentially an autist with a talent for flying. (Ace - Pilot/Hotshot)

> Farm boy engineer from Dantooine who joined the rebellion because of binary_sunset.exe. Carries a Bryar rifle cut down to pistol size.

I also have 1 more player who's undecided on his character concept.

Which races are you looking for?

Essentially I'm trying to come up with some story elements. I'm trying to set the scene with a compelling introduction, where our heroes are lower ranking crewmembers on a New Republic freighter ship accompanying a convoy headed through the Alderaanian graveyard.

My plan is for them to get ambushed by Imperial Remnant troops and separated from the rest of the crew somehow. I'm thinking of having their ship rendezvous with or encounter another Republic ship. The ship might be transmitting a distress signal, or simply be unresponsive to their hails. The PC's ship will then dock with the Republic ship, and a team sent to assist/investigate. They won't come back. The ship is lure for a kill team of Blackhole stormtroopers (pictured above) who boarded and killed the original crew. It'll make for a decent encounter, and let the PCs take off in one of the two ships. Then there's a TIE Fighter encounter, as our heroes realize this was Bigger Than We Could Have Imagined™ before they find themselves caught in the tractor beam of a Star Destroyer that's lying in wait. A nice mounting of tension and a big "Oh shit" moment as I close the session.

Couldn't decide between this Shaak Tea or the sfw smut of Shaak and Ahsoka.

and that's the easy section of the female folder. I've got tons of all races, let me know which ones you want.

Bonus

That makes me incredibly moist.

Now, would it be too much to make it a Super Star Destroyer? I'm afraid my PCs will just feel outnumbered to the point of ineptitude.

Now, at the helm of this ship our heroes will find an Imperial admiral (or Grand admiral) in an uneasy alliance with a dark jedi. Together, these reluctant allies seek a Something™ that might turn the tide of the war against the Republic.

Now, I'm having some difficulty fleshing out the Dark Jedi. Part of me wants to keep his/her status as a jedi secret, so I can make a thing out of revealing it. Secondly, I'm unsure as to what his/her connection to the Empire should be. Inquisitor would be nice (pic related, love ya babe), though I hate the version of them in Rebels and wouldn't want my PCs getting any ideas. That might also mean they'd *completely* overshadow the admiral. Any ideas?

>though I hate the version of them in Rebels and wouldn't want my PCs getting any ideas.
Easy enough. If the players get ideas, demonstrate the guy's power level. Show that he has actual chops instead of just being some expendable mine canary. Give him actual Jedi cred--saber form knowledge, a properly built lightsaber, knowledge of the Code, etc. Jerec was a former Jedi Master, after all.

>That might also mean they'd *completely* overshadow the admiral
Thrawn managed to keep Jerec in line. Less success with C'baoth but C'baoth was crazy. The Imp admiral just has to establish the fact that he's top dog and the one with all the resources and know-how necessary for running an efficient war machine.

Could post humans, but those are a dime a dozen.

That Zabrak needs to be dressed skimpier. It's acceptable as it is though.