Warhammer 40k General

All rules are optional Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/tq162lrlggtvxnt/Orks.bsr?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Aspect rangers.

Welcome to X-Winghammer 40k.

Where is Chickin?

Leaving my place for the summer and I can only take one army to play at my FLGS and work on finishing. The choice between eldar/corsairs or Kriegers, think eldar might be better and they can be tailored to local metas.
>what do?

What does a good IG mechanized list looks like at 1500 pts ?

Also, are Devil Dogs worth fielding ? I kinda like the idea of a big melta on tracks.

What are the upcoming releases for 40k? Any leaks?

>eldar/corsairs
everytime

BLACK TEMPLARS TRANSFER SHEETS FOR US WHO CAN'T PAINT HERALDIC CROSSES PLEASE

DDs are alright if your meta features tanks.

Shit vs tourneyfags tho.

So what would be a tourney list for IG ? I'm not into super heavies so I don't want to field a knight.

So, are Tyranids and flying monstrous creatures obsolete due Death in Skies?

No, why would they ? If anything they are better since flyers will be more common now and FMCs are good at taking them down.

Soooo is the vendetta not a thing anymore?

Nope, they get to ignore the Dogfight phase, role limitation and still do all their jobs.

Their only detriment is they don't have any flight wings.

There are some formation that hurt them though
Fighter in Intolerance pattern really tears the ass of flying nurgle princes with ignore cover.

700-points-of-CSM-building user again. Basically I'm trying to get back into 40k and thinking of buying and painting 700 points of CSM while scoping out my local stores. Got some really good advice so far, here's where I'm at at the moment:

Sorcerer (Level 3, Terminator Armour, Spell Familiar)
10 CSMs with 2 Plasma Guns, Rhino
20 Cultists
Vindicator

This leaves me with 135 points left and I'm looking for suggestions - Spawn and Bikers have both been suggested to me, also thinking maybe Raptors?

I also really like the Terminator Sorcerer, but I'm not sure how to actually field him, ideas for that as well?

None of the forgeworld models until they get classified into Attack, Fighter, Bomber and get their own Agility/Pursuit stats.

Naw, they did a day one faq (no fix though)
Stats like a valk, use prices and option in codex.

What happens with those aircraft that didn't get rules in the new stuff?

I rather like my Avenger Strike fighters for my SOB.

Thanks for splitting the general with your non-conformity. You must have been the coolest kid in highschool.

Well, that means that Tyranids will always have -2 to reserves or so, so long the other player has fliers.

Congratulation for looking at pictures rather than reading.

they used to have that
which probably means it isn't coming back
you can always get your own transfers printed though

>If only one player has Flyers in Reserve at the end of the Dogfight phase, then they are said to have Air Superiority. A player with Air Superiority can choose to add or subtract 1 from their Reserve Rolls, and their opponent must subtract 1 from all of their Reserve Rolls.

>I f you deploy a Air Detachment Air Commander:If you have Air Superiority and the commander is in Reserve, you can add or subtract 2 from your Reserve Rolls, rather than 1, and your opponent must subtract 2 from their Reserve Roll.

Can any guard players clarify this for me?

Can they take three special weapons (two if heavy flamer also chosen) along with a heavy weapon team?
Or if a heavy weapon team is chosen can they only take one special weapon?

>Not Planeteers
>With your powers combined I AM KHAELA MENSHA KHAINE!

HW team and 3 special weapons.

>flyers aren't selling enough : the book
well shit i don't want to buy more valks and the vendetta got semi squatted

There are more than 5 aspects.
Spent as while trying to see if i could find extra rangers for Shining Spears and Shadow Spectres

Any friends of based CCON in three hours you can place orders to get in on the sale.

I honestly don't know what I should get. I am thinking fliers as my list sucks with anti-air. He also has some cool bases

Does anyone know if he sends his fliers with a base? A landspeeder I got had one but none of the bikes, walkers or infantry did.

Anyone here placing an order?

You can take a heavy weapon team and three special weapons, yes. But why would you tho ? Special weapons on a squad featuring a heavy weapon team seems wastefull.

WHEN THE FUCK IS GW GONNA UPDATE THE ASPECT WARRIORS?
I WANT NEW ONES, WITH MORE DYNAMIC POSES, AND ONES THAT ACTUALLY FEATURE ALL THE FUCKING WARGEAR OPTIONS!
SHIT LIKE THIS FOR EXAMPLE!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>WHEN THE FUCK IS GW GONNA UPDATE THE ASPECT WARRIORS?

When people start buying them, instead of just spamming wraithknights, wave serpents and the D.

But I don't want monopose resin-trash.

Plastic or broke.

Thank you based anons.

Wanting a squad that will be holding my deployment zone in cover - most likely in a building as I play quite a lot of city fighting boards.
They will never be moving once deployed.

Congrats on being illiterate and getting your mom to post for you

>Swordwind is probably the most fun and cool army in 40k right now
>Finecast

Just put me in the fucking infinity circuit.

Maybe people would buy them if they didn't have over decade old, monopose models that often need conversion work for you to even be able to kit the exarchs with all the wargear options they have.
Look at these motherfuckers.

Doesn't everyone use Warp Spiders? Everyone loves those guys, but they're older than I am.

Well, not buying shit didn't help WHFB nor Sisters, so what options do we have left?

I feel like this is bullshit and should be faq'd to only reserved that come in on a flier or reserves that ate a flier take the penalty. Fliers aren't going to stop a ravager, for example

Remember, Magnus did nothing wrong.

Ugh what an awful mashup.
It's like egyptian and aztec culture had a baby with downs.

There is no good way to field a Terminator Sorcerer. Sorcerers on Bikes/Discs can roll with Spawn or Bikers, Sorcerers in Power Armor can roll in Rhinos, but Sorcerers in Terminator Armor are stuck sitting around with Cultists, being utterly ineffectual.

Have fun with Chaos Shit Marines.

didn't he create a warpstorm on Terra that the Emperor has to hold back every second with whats left of his mental/physical existence?

Land Raider?

>Magnus did everything wrong

FTFY

Land Raiders aren't even good for loyalists, and ours have less carrying capacity and no PotMS.

Space Marines are only good because they have crazy good formations and Grav Weapons. Even these new powers wouldn't be a huge deal if they didn't get to cast on a 2+ thanks to the Conclave. Most CSM units are just shitty knock-offs of loyalist units, our formations are garbage, and most of our unique units are also garbage. There are a tiny handful of good CSM units (Sorcerers, Chaos Spawn, Nurgle Bikers), a couple decent units (MSU Blastmaster Noise Marnes, Baledrake, Daemon Prince, the FW tanks and fliers), and that's about it.

That's not how you spell "Ahriman".

Newish player here, I was looking to get into 40k as I have watched my friends play a bit and have been coached at small point games.

I want to play Daemons but mostly Khorne and some Tzeentch appeal to me.

Are those two gods a good combination and if not what are some decent proxies I could use for other gods' units to keep with the Khorney feel of my army.

My friend suggested I try Khorne Daemonkin but since I don't much like Space Marines aesthetics perhaps I could use the Chaos Armies from Age of Signmar

How powerful would a Fire Hawks Librarian be if he was in the Legion of the Damned?

All Tzeentch units are good, other than the Burning Chariot. Flamers are only really good in the Warpflame Host.

The good Khorne units are Flesh Hounds and Blood Thirsters.

Khorne units definitely complement Tzeentch units, although you're often better off just taking more Tzeentch units and then summoning Khorne stuff once the battle starts.

Since the Vandetta no longer has skyfire, wha'ts the best AA option for IG ? Hydra batteries ? Shit is weak.

Yeah, I had a feeling. Problem is, I quite like the Sorcerer and all the Sorcerer models other than the Terminator one are hideous beyond belief. My original intention was a fairly cheap support HQ that I could run with the Cultists and power up the rest of the army.

Thoughts? Advice for the rest of the army? Apart from pick something that isn't CSMs.

Just play regular Space Marines with the CSM models is the best possible advice. CSM just aren't enjoyable to play with. Your marines are weak-willed pussies, everything is overcosted and ineffectual, and you're constantly going to be reminded of this every time you play a loyalist marine player.

Get a Fire Raptor for 1000 points. Look at running MSU Plagues with embedded Cyclopia Cabal sorcerers if you want to try Rhino rush. Nurgle Bikers are pretty baller, and a Nurgle Biker Lord is pretty much the only HQ we can field that won't get his shit pushed in by cheaper SM equivalents.

Sadly enough, hydras. Your next best thing would allies, probably Skitarii Onagers with Icarus Arrays

Rapiers.

>just play spcae marines with CSM models

>cheap support HQ that I could run with the Cultists and power up the rest of the army.

Take either a cheap Lord to give your cultist blob fearless or a dark apostle.

Here are some good CSM staples that haven't been suggested.

>Obliterators
Very versatile and quite resilient you can give them MoN or MoT for extra resistance or just run them as they are.

>Baledrake
Even post nerf it still is the ultimate MEQ killer and is cheap. It is also decent AA with vector strike.

>Las Predator
Just good old fashioned anti tank, you can never go wrong with one

>Sicaran (FW)
Just says fuck to eldars of all sorts and overall better than a laspred at almost every levels. If you can, field one.

>Chaos/Renegade knight
Well it's a knight.

>Aegis defence line with quadgun
Underestimated piece of fortification right there. For 100 points you buy a 4+ cover for your cultists and a great AA gun for your support HQ to man.

What do good IG lists look nowadays? Any more infantry lists around? It's been a while since I was last in this. Before the age of Sigmar shat all over WHFB, in fact.

Yhea I want to know too, I'm currently building a mechanized IG list but I'm struggling with what to buy.

So just add a unit of 3 terminators for him to roll with. Power axes. Also split the cultists into 2 squads of 10.
Deep strike if necessary, combi-meltas are useful.

>There is no min maxed way to field a Terminator Sorcerer
Kill yourself

You too

>putting your HQ in termicide

m8...

>tfw the main IG player I know is a complete tool, backseat player and thinks he is holier than thou.

That said I usually see either Tanks and Vetmeras or Infantry blobs with artillery support.

Eh I had a Baledrake in the army originally, but people said (rightly) that I would look like a dick if I showed up day one with a flyer in a 700 point list (even if it is 700 points of CSM). Can't think what else I could take to round out the list though.

And before I decide on what to do with the sorc - what discipline do people usually take these days? Telepathy seems strong, especially if they're in a support / buff role.

If you want infantry most will tell you to call your army Renegades.

What's good is what you can use to their full extent.

That said, cookie cutter IG is usually:

Tank Commander

2 x Armored Vets /w
Chimeras and vox-caster(for Artillery)

1x Vendetta

Culexus assassin

Emperors Wrath Artillery
Wyvern/Basilisk/Manticore, Command Squad /w Vox, and Tech Priest.

Add you own choice of toppings.

Telepathy and hope for getting invisibility. You can also try Biomancy if you have a somewhat fighty sorcerer but I wouldn't recommend it. Everything else is trash.

>not using deep striking scions for arty spotting

Thanks, that's helpfull.

Since the Vandetta is now much weaker, is taking something else a good investment ?

Fishing for feedback.

Working on a "Tzeentch Daemonkin" fandex, and this is the draft of the psychic disciplines. It's not going to have a "Blood Tithe" table equivalent, just a bunch of disciplines and some new wargear to turn regular Aspiring Champions into Psykers.

I went with D3 tables instead of D6 because it allows the tables to be more focused with less overlap. Flame is for mind dakka, Fate is for buffing with a focus on shooting, Deceit is for debuffs/utility, and Change is the mutation/melee discipline. Disciplines will have the same "up to half your ML on a single table" restriction from C:CSM.

For the purposes of Psychic Focus, psykers will get to choose the primaris from any of these disciplines.

It's a psyker, you're better off trying to get your damage in somehow. Most psychic attacks are 24 inches or less in range anyway.
Besides, you don't have to deep strike the unit.

Vendetta is just as good as it always has been, it just can't participate in "pay points for models that you might not field" phase which i feel is a good thing

They don't anything for minimum troops.

Vendetta is and Attacks Fighter so it still kills ground targets good, but definitely some dedicated anti-tank.

I thought that since its price hike, Vandettas were mainly taken as AA tools. But now they can't do that anymore...

Some really good advice here, thanks Veeky Forums.

>a cheap Lord to give your cultist blob fearless
Not trying to cause offense here, but what would be the point? At the end of the day aren't cultists just a sponge that can hold objectives? On the other hand, I do like the idea of using the Champion in the Cultist Assault box as a cheapish Lord.

Other suggestions look good though, thinking about running the Sorc with a couple Obliterators.

I do really like Chaos Terminators, but I gather they have a tendency to, well, die. I suppose a cheapish Biomancy lord in a deep striking Terminator squad is a neat idea. What is the "min max" way to field a Terminator Sorcerer?

Yeah that was the impression I got. I've heard some people use Pyromancy though, is it any good or shit too?

fair enough
though you can get them for the cost of not taking the chimeras
i honestly doubt many people will be using the flyer rules aside from the formations (and you don't want to play people who bring those to any game below 2000 points) or for the novelty of it

if you want good AA you can take a hydra instead of a wyvren in the artillery detachment , the CCS can issue a hydra the ignore cover order making jink useless and the 2 things you are using the formation for (twin linked and ignore cover) is built into the wyvren by default so you can just use a heavy support slot for it if you still want to take one

Never understood how 2 s7/ap4 shots qualified as "Good" AA, besides forcing FMC's to take Grounding tests.

let no good deed go unpunished
let no evil deed go unrewarded

He didn't choose the chaos life. The chaos life chose him.

I used to alternate between that one without the dots and this when I did my templars.

Basically take a sorcerer, give spell familliar and level 3. Roll 3 times in biomancy, pray for endurance to keep the squad alive.
I do this a lot as I play melee focused CSM

Oi, people. Fixed a couple of things: typos, gear rules, and such. Adjusted Codex PDF now available:

dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

BattleScribe .BSR (opens in Roster Editor->File->Import data from file):

dropbox.com/s/tq162lrlggtvxnt/Orks.bsr?dl=0

It's not good, those players are delusional.
4 interceptor lascannon shots from an av 14 building however, that's good AA

What squad do you run him in?

4 twin linked shots mate

Personally? I take one on a bike with spawn or a jump pack with some raptors. Primarily because I play melee of course.
Putting their sorcerer coven on the table could work, taking many boxes with CSM, adding sorcerers to each squad and rolling at the enemy.
Then again, without good open topped transports, warp gate/portal equivalent... CSM have a tough time getting there.

Oh right 2 guns.

No skyfire?

Even in the Wulf-wank, anti-TS, anti-Magnus bullshit fiction, it shows Magnus suddenly understanding the gravity of what he'd done by bursting through all the barriers the Emperor had set beneath the palace in his construction of a human Webway. However, it sounds fucking retarded & is still the Emperor's fault for not communicating & ignoring warnings of Horus' betrayal & approaching armies.

Boo-fukken-hoo, Magnus broke a bunch of psychic mirrors or whatever that could be rebuilt--but only if Emps had listened to him & fucked up Horus.

most fliers are AV10 or 11, so you're likely to pen or glance. and aren't hydras twinlinked?

Or do you must mean anti FMC? because that is a different kettle of fish.

>bs2

And they are dirt cheap too so they aren't a bad investment to make.

>Boo-fukken-hoo, Magnus broke a bunch of psychic mirrors or whatever that could be rebuilt--but only if Emps had listened to him & fucked up Horus.

Actually, It's said that Magnus created a permanent breach between Warp space and reality forcing the Emperor or some else to have to sit on the Golden Throne and keep it shut or else the breach will expand and daemons and the destructive forces of Chaos would pour over earth and undo it.

Yeah I have a bunch of Ad Mech stuff to buy and am honestly tempted to get an Atropis. Idk how his titans are but everything ive gotten from him thus far has been great.

75% hit chance, on average 1,5 glances and 0,5 pens.

Source on this ? To my knowledge, the only thing he did is destroy by mistake the emperor's work on terra.

I went to a GW store yesterday and picked up the new Ork Blastajet. The lady who runs the store didn't even pressure me into buying the new book. She just said "Oh, and we've got the Death from the Skies book in if you want to play with the new rules."

>IF you WANT to play with the new rules.

Even my GW store says it's entirely optional.

The firestorm redoubt has skyfire, interceptor and the cannons are twin linked.
Also you can upgrade the vengance weapons batteries to have the same gun, I think it becomes cheaper and you have two different buildings rather than 1.

Twin linked and can upgrade to bs 3 easily. More than enough.

It's 1 glance and 1 pen on average against AV10 flyers. It's pretty good for 70pts imo.