WHQ: The Silver Tower Paid Shill Edition

Fuck the Old World! Long Live Age of Sigmar!

Heroes sighted:
Stormcast Eternal (Sigmarine)
Human Barbarian
Priest of Sigmar
Dwarf Warrior

Rumored Foes List:
12 (Pink?) Horrors
4 Screamers
2 Flamers
6 Cultists
1 Sorcerer
1 Deamon Prince of Tzeentch (boss)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Quest
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

in all honesty the stormcrap and that dwarf are ruining the box for me... and did i mention the nigger priest???

What about the priest?

holy shit these are beautiful minis.

better view of the box art

I'm sure it will be a fun little Hero Quest, but I don't really think there's a market for it in this age of coop vidya? Plus, those small game lines have never really been a profitable affair for GW? Necromunda, Mordheim et al.

I feel like that foes list isn't correct. There's at least 4 beastmen in the box too going by the pics

Boardgames are still pretty popular and its probably aimed more at drawing those folks into the hobby. Plus it'll hit the nostalgia button for a bunch of us.
They probably don't do to badly in proffits with limited run being an excuse to jack up the price.

Would be nice if it's not too hard to convert old material.. There was more old stuff in published WD, CJ and shit than I expected.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Quest

Can you get hold of pdfs of Deathblow Magazine anywhere?

The new Diablo expansion?

WE

>they actually think people are going to warm up to Age of Smegma

The heroes seem a little mainstreamy compared to the old version? Standard archetypes, nothing really stands out about them...

The old heroes being "A dwarf", "A wood elf", "A barbarian" and "A Grey Wizard that looked like Gandalf".

I mean, dude. Come on...

wot? the old version was about as mainstream as you can get. Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and wizard.

first look at the new dark elf/high elf style?

Kinda weak. Priest looks great though. So do the chaos dudes.

>black paladin
Wow! Is that Diablo:Tabletop game?

Can't tell if youre being serious.

That's why it says rumored

It's a priest not a paladin.

Can anyone translate?

Who cares, he still looks like paladin.

Chaos warrior, berzerking trollslayer, pit fighter dude...

those were all expansion heroes (of which there were a shit ton)

base game just had the elf, dwarf, wizard and barb

Those where in later expansion packs.
The warhammerquest game just had a dwarf an elf a barbarian and a wizard initially. This reboot is starting off already more diverse and less generic.

>This reboot is starting off already more diverse and less generic
Because it have priest of dindunuffin?

Not really no Its very dnd cleric (or warhammer warrior priest)
The paladin is the stormcaste

kk. Never played the old WHQ so I dunno shit about the details of that game. But if they'll release more heroes for this one there'll hopefully be some interesting dudes.

To be fair, it's still only grabbing from pre-existing WHQ heroes.

Sigmarine is probably going to act like the Chaos Warrior or Bretonnian Knight
Dank Elf will likely be similar to the Wardancer
High Elf's just a wizard
Priest/Slayer are straight from WHQ

Honestly it's the deathrunner that has me curious. Is he a hero, or just a special minion.

>base game just had the elf, dwarf, wizard and barb
This guy is right.

The starting elf is a darkie?

The starting box only having tzeentch chaos enemies seem a little meh.

>Barbarian
>WS 3

Tzeentch and skaven.

It is called the silver tower.

look at you have naked elf and wizard elf

Tzeentch has basically no mortal/beastman models. It's a bit of a welcome change from more nurgle/khorne, even though I play khorne.

Those White Dwarf pics show birdmen, skaven (both types of Beastmen?) and cultists.

The sculpt itself does not have negroid features it was painted that way because the GW Corporate art director demanded more deversity.

Boardgames are booming right now. Orginal WHQ sets sell for $200 USD or more. I pieced one together sans box for about $150

I have, I think that Stormarine looks pretty swagger.

My french is kinda rusty, but here goes

>Every legend has its heroes, and WHQ Silver Tower gives you the choice between six champions, from the stern dwarf to the inscrutable wizard, passing through the chaos lord and the noble priest of Sigmar. All willing to triumph over the Silver Tower

resolution from the other two pics is not that good, lots of words are too blurred

he still needs a headswap and the giant-ass runes on the parchment filled in

I guess the barbarian is going to be a chaos lord in this, then.

>he still needs a headswap

But I like masks.

fuck off you don't know what you like

>this fucking CAD dwarf
>this bland as shit sigmarine

I'm not normally one for board games, but this i am very, very tempted by. Have we had any word on price yet?

a smart ballpark would be the price of Overkill

??

What is street price on Deathwatch: Overkill? MSRP is $165 USD

It's a nice change of pace from full battles, actually, and you still get to play with minis.
90's WHQ was lots of fun to play, hope they polished the rules and improved the narrative.

From the fiery lands of Aqshy to the towers of Azyrheim, the legend of the Silver Tower and its mysterious master, the Gaunt Summoner, is told. It tells of a nightmarish realm, but also that the hero that triumphs over the king-sorcerer of that cursed place and his tests will see all his wishes fulfilled. Thus, champions gathered from the four winds will brave the nightmarish horrors of the Silver Tower, in order to win the [can't read, something like "spoils"] of the Gaunt Summoner.

In Warhammer Quest Silver Tower, you and up to three of your friends take the role of champions exploring the Silver Tower. Some search fortune and glory, others want to kill the Gaunt Summoner. Warhammer Quest Silver Tower is complete boxed game, with 13 double-sided board tiles, a 40-page manual, a 40-page adventure book, cards, tokens, dice, and 51 strikingly beautiful Citadel miniatures, representing the inhabitants of the Silver Tower, and the heros who venture therein.
[Text in red box is illegible, the title is "what haunts the Silver Tower?"]

Every legend has its heroes, and Warhammer Quest Silver Tower offers a choice between six champions, from a taciturn Duradin to an unfathomable Aelf Mage, passing through the Chaos Lord and the noble Priest of Sigmar. All want to triumph over the Silver Tower...

Fyreslay[er]
Renouncing ...
to their [native?] homestead ...
lended a ...
[depends on context, could mean "conducts" or "leads to"] ...
...[?] the [reasons] ...
is it a rit[ual] ...
of a Runes[???]
father. Certain ...
of a homestead ...
the last [ser?] ...
once ...
the others ...
right to the ...
what terrbile [something] ...
the dange[rs] ...

Dar[k aelf?]
It is [spoken of] ...
but in ...
[Tenebra...]
... [end of a word]
that he/it ...
like ...
the other ...
in clouds ...
such is ...
truly ...
... [end of a word] ...
[either naked (female plural), or end of a word]?
battle
is this ...
for ...
same ...
reason[s/able] ...

>[either naked (female plural), or end of a word]?
Nues can also mean heavens, or skies.

>and 51 strikingly beautiful Citadel miniatures

MY TZEENTCH BONER.

GW stuff usually sticks pretty close to MSRP. The board games are pricy, but you do get a lot of plastic in them.

You have no idea how roleplaying works.

You don't start with intricately designed heroes with grand backstories.

You start with blank slates and develop them over time.

Tzaangors
The Tzaangors are ancient beastmen, devoted to Tzeentch, that the architect of change has remodelled more to his taste, replacing their snouts with a beak, and endowing their rough skin with shimmering feathers, ruffling their necks with tentacles, similar to those of the Horrors. Under they birdlike appearance and their armor of surprising quality for beastmen, the Tzaangors haunt the cursed halls of the Silver Tower to flush out the heroes and the weaker occupants of the Gaunt Summoner's realm, eager to satisfy their violent impulses. They close on their prey in a flood of beaks and blades.

... Deathrunner
... [rodents?} of the Silver tower do not
... by the will of their [master]
... [?]. It's by the command of
... [Death]runner has come to the Silver [Tower]
... [to accomplish] an assassination, without
... [?] who is the target of
... []. Except the blade and the
... [Deathr]unner magic madness
... [disa/a]ppear in two
... its illusory twin
... that the Deathrunner
... faints as soon as one
... exposing the attacker
... the real assassin
[kind of hard to explain with a direct translation - it sounds like this guy can make a shadow clone of himself, and only when the enemy exposes himself by killing the clone will the real assassin appear and take advantage]

Kairic Acolytes
Corrupted in body and soul by their fanatic devotion to Tzeentch and the Gaunt Summoner, the Kairic Acolytes are the warrior-sorcerers invigorated by a killer zeal. They are all accomplished spellcasters, capable of blasting the intruders mad enough to risk themselves in the Silver Tower with magical discharges as well as slitting their throats. Their masters are the Kairic Adepts, (top left), the most capable among them, but despite their unfailing loyalty, they are, for the Gaunt Summoner, nothing more than sacrificial pawns in his intrigues.

I just bought lost patrol for $45 shipped in USA. MSRP on GW site is $105 wtf

As a native-level French speaker, living in a non-French-speaking country, who still prefers to consume English content in the origin language, the French in all of this is stilted AF. It's like they took the English text, passed it Google Translate with the "flowery words" checkbox on, then let a fourth-grader made sure it works on the most basic of language levels. Stuff like there are non-French idioms and expressions that are translated directly from English.

If this is the level of translation that GW has for the actual products (and not just in WD), my god they give 0 fucks.

Thank you French user!

GW only wants you to buy moar! This is the problem of Publiclly traded corporations in niche markets.

> More than triple WS is 6+ to hit
This needs to come back into other GW rules.

What do we know about the silver tower? It was a unit in Epic that's all I remember.

I assumed it's either the end of a word, or it refers to how Witch Elves fight with almost no armor.

Think you can do a better job, translate it yourself, buddy.

It has a constantly changing crystal Labrynith

I'd like to see the orginal gate way doors return but this looks like just tiles. They painted up nice and easy.

I'm seeing some pink horrors, smaller blue horrors like the fluff, and even smaller swarms of ... Yellow horrors? Maybe they're just little fire sprites or something but the idea of a further split into swarms of smaller beings is sweet.

Silver towers are a tzeentch thing. Like khorne and his skulls or nurgle and flys.

Horrors in this game don't die. They split in two. So pink - into two blues, blue - into to yellow. But at first when i see dat yellow horror on art i thought dat it was purified by priest common pink horror.

I could but I honestly can't be arsed to translate AoS shit.

Mfw GW kills off the old world and WHQ will have no halfling thiefs, witch hunters or Bretonnian Knights.

tzeentchlings would be pretty funky

>Trusting anything from GW's bottom of the bin game designers
Just play Descent or another mechanically superior dungeon crawler

Well I'll be buying this to add to my tzeentch army then. Holy shit I want to see what the prince looks like

Descent requires An overlord/DM player I thought?

It does.

However they've just or are about to release a phone app that acts as the overlord (so i hear)

It does
As said it will be possible to go without it
Other dungeon crawl board games like Dungeon Saga don't require an overlord either

Kingdom Death
Myth
Journey
etc etc etc

Believe it or not! Some people enjoy hanging out in meat space!

Are there pictures of the Daemon Prince at all?

This. In an age where gritty down to earth stuff like Game of Thrones and The Witcher get popular, they have to throw all that stuff out to pander to the World of Warcraft audience.

My favorite game to play is 2.5D tile based RPG lite games with miniatures and a Dungeon Master. I've been running an Indy game called Trapdoor using Warhammer FRPG orginal setting.

Theres no daemon prince, BolS is just sht at making up rumors. The endboss is the gaunt summoner.

Oh well. I still want to see an actual Daemon Prince of Tzeentch model, as there are multiple official sculpts of Khorne and Nurgle princes.

We will know for sure in 13 days.

Are you 12?

We know now.
We have pictures of the contents.

Sexy minis. I've never been a fan of moonface tho. It's one of those "Why would you do that?" kind of deals for me.

Looks like there is a giant monster to the right of black Sigmar priest.

it's the big minotaur looking dude on the cover

Not him but its not "giant". Its only the same size as the stormcast. I'd be pretty suprised f that was the prince, because if it is its not even as big as the default plastic one.

More likely to be a Tzeentchian minotaur or something similar. Maybe a Tzeentch take on that monster that was included in the starter set?

[G]aunt Summ[oner]
The terrible master of the Silver Tower is
... -king deamon with occult powers
... phenomenal. The Gaunt Summoner is such
... god in his infernal realm, because he
... remodel the impossible topography
... Silver Tower at the will of his whims
... invoking or transporting
... monsters and heros from different
... to make them confront eachother in
... [cr]uel and unecessary [battles]. However, despite
... [div]ersity, the Gaunt Summoner is
... fair player, even if it is to his
... following his skewed principals. If a
... [endeavors] to surmount the challenges
... [Gaunt] Summoner, the latter will grant a
... wishes, and there are very few things indeed
... [sini]ster lord-sorcerer cannot
... [? .] But rare are the adventurers that
... [?], and most are trapped by
... the topology of the Silver Tower,
... toys to its tennant.

[Famili]ars
... of magic
... Familiars have no
... master that the
... itself, and
... are nuisances
... [?]. The imperious
... [fills] the ears
... with its

More likely he spends time on /b/

>[div]ersity,
Just realized that the half-word could also be "diversion", as in - the Gaunt Summoner only sees this as a game