Warhammer 40k General

GW is alive edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Why do 40Kfags start multiple generals? Check the catalog.

Remove chickin

You mean the one with 400+ replies?

My reply died in the last thread, so I'll ask again. Would anyone actually have a problem with someone using a marine codex (specifically Black Templar rules) with sister of battle miniatures? My new LGS seems to have an issue with it, but aren't giving any reason other than "it is dumb", while my former FLGS was perfectly fine with it.

No. I mean this one , you blind bastard.

DELETE THIS

Sooooo is the vendetta not a thing anymore?

It happens every time some edgelord rebel wants to use the non meme image.

Stay mad faggot.

Not in the dogfight phase, no.

I am mad at 40K having two threads and shitting up the board.

Who the fuck gets worked up over OP images. What kind of autistic faggots lurk and post in these threads?

Didn't see the other one, so I assume OP didn't either.

People should probably just stop making threads that look like entirely different threads. I mistook the other one for the roleplay threads.

DELETE THIS HOTPOCKETMEN

For the new stats it's the same as the Valkyrie as per the 40k fb page.

>I am mad at 40K having two threads and shitting up the board.
You do realize Veeky Forums started as a 40k containment board right? And on top of that, this is the fastest moving general on the board.

Really? Got some proof of that? My valkyrie stats says nothing about the vendetta

Check the fb page.

No like OP is using the right image anyway.

Look, not everyone likes the dumb tau face. It was funny for a day, don't get so possessive over a bad joke.

i feel bad for those other generals who change images all the time. they must have such a hard time using the filter, checking images, and attempting to use a general to discuss the same shit they talk about day in and day out

I used the exact same the last thread had.

So back to cheerleader bodyguards or can I not read?

Yep.

The only thing is that wounds bleed over, so bodyguards should still be able to take some hits, or you'll get people overkilling the bodyguards, and just bleeding wounds onto the character in a challenge.

I love it. Just slaughtered a terminator captain with powerfist and lightning claw with a Tau meleemander because I charged him out of a squad and into an assault terminator squad with said captain, who was also the warlord. I struck first, gibbed him, and hit&run out of the unit. It was great.

Why do people hate the new Necrons, what happened?

You mean fluff or crunch?

In the fluff, it was because it went from cool terminator robots to lunatic Tomb Kings in SPAAACE.

In the crunch, it is because they are tough as shit, tons of invuls, and a 4+, reroll ones Reanimation protocol "ward save" that can be taken after their armour save, and is only reduced to a 5+ if the attack is somehow instant death against them.

>In the fluff, it was because it went from cool terminator robots to lunatic Tomb Kings in SPAAACE
I thought they were always Tomb Kings in space that just happened to look like Terminators though?

I don't care for fluff or crunch, their models are just shit. The vehicles are He-Man-tier dogshit and the guys who wear skin also look worse now. The rest got too much of an egypt touch, which is also slightöy worse than before.
All in all the worst release/update for any 40k faction ever.

>literally hating on He-Man

What's the best assassin to ally with an all-comers Tau army? I'm thinking of converting and fluffing a Tau-y one from a pathfinder model and some crisis bits.

Hi guy who intends to get into 40k again here.
I played fantasy many years ago and i recently got Dark Vengance to build a chaos space marine army from.
What would be some good sets to get next for my army?
Is it normal to have more than one army is that sort of a no no?
I know jack shit and i need help.

You can easily have more than one army. I have 5 pushing 6 myself.

As for what Chaos units to get next. It depends what you want to do with your force. Getting some bikers would be nice if you don't have them, along with a rhino for transport purposes.

Eversor (maybe) for helping them in melee combat

Vindicare cuz shooty

Culexus because Tau aren't psyckers and could help for taking enemy psykers, also the Tau wouldn't feel weird being next to him

Vindicaire would be the easiest to convert and justify rules-wise, though also likely the least helpful

definitely the culexus. It is the only actual psyker-counter you will ever find in a tau codex.

Sweet because i gotta say those Tau mechs are looking fine as hell.
I lack bikers and transport so i will look into that.
How are demons as support for the army?
Yay or nay?
Also traitor Imperial gurads are still a no no?

Daemons are very solid support for a CSM list. They'd be a good option to pick up. Specific Daemons you pick up varies, since most of them are quite useful.

For Traitor Imperial Guard, you have the Renegades & Heretics army list from forgeworld. Easy enough to use guard models for it, but it's also a nice addition to a chaos army

Thank you so much for all the info.
Seems like a great list too,a mix of space marines,mutants and imperial guards look so freaking awesome.
Might get some khorne demons first but then again i might as well go all chaos undivded because i do like plague marines.

Plague marines are pretty nice, especially if you can get them as troops. There's usually not much issue with mixing and matching various god types.

What is the typical composition of Tau list at 500pts?

Fire warriors, crisis suits, pathfinders, some long ranged firepower

Not a riptide. Fireblade, fire warriors, 3-4 suits, Pathfinders, maybe a piranha, pair of either railsides or missilesides depending on how your crisis suits are outfitted.

One thing the Necrons had going for them pre-newcron was a sense of mystery. Most of the fluff in their codex was of survivors account, after action reports and people trying to study them. They had a pretty good eldritch/lovecraftian feel with the whole unknown horrors deal. It's why I liked them so much. The newcrons just feel so Saturday morning cartoon in comparison to me.

Can the Tau actually roll warp charge without having a psyker with them? Otherwise he can't actually shoot unless he's near an enemy psyker.

Fuck
I actually have no idea about that

You ALWAYS roll a d6, you just don't get more warp charges.

You could convert the Culexus Assassin into something like this.

I've seen that. I was thinking cutting down the helmet and affixing part of a crisis/riptide/broadside head, then making a gun out of some spare plasma rifles and pulse rifles.

My brother takes a Command squad with a Techmarine and the Chains of Gorgon with a servo harness. That mother fucker has a 3++ 3+FNP(2+ with the warlord trait.) and IWND. With the new FAQ the Chains retain their powers on a passed FNP.

He's taken on Necron Overlords, Typhus and Dante without flinching.

Man now I want to see an ork version for this
I'm sure it looks like a nob with a Shokk cannon in the head or something like that

why is being a dick with striking scorpions so much fun

they're so damn choppy

Render unto him, The D

It is the only way.

Anything with ID works.

Funny thing, it's one of the only EW characters the Swarmlord can actually beat.

Re-posting and cross-posting, because knights are expensive and I'd like to hear Veeky Forums's thoughts:

What's a cost-effective composition for a Forsworn Knight detachment? I'll buy like. . . A box of Renegade and one standalone knight. I'm thinking. . .
1x dual gatling, stubber, stormspear
1x reaper, thunderstrike, melta
1x ???

Gatling knight is there for maximum brrrt and to capitalize on preferred enemy if they bring a knight.
Melee knight is there to screen brrt knight and throw stuff.
For the last knight I don't know if I want to take a balanced composition, or maybe go triple melta (2x thermal, melta) to hunt TEQ and AV14

Should I suck it up and just field a trio of super gatling bros?

Don't use a melta, the stubber is just there to paint targets to charge.

Just magnetize them

Speaking of magnetizing knights, I had the idea to use a Knight as both a loyalist and a renegade by magnetizing the armor and weapon bits, and having the identifying colors and heraldry of each knight be on those, while the main body would be a neutral color they would share.

Is this feasible at all?

Rate my list for an upcoming game:
HQ (50pts)
Ethereal

Troops (215pts)
Breacher Team (55pts)
EMP Grenades, 5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster

Breacher Team (160pts)
EMP Grenades, 5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster
TY7 Devilfish
Disruption Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Fast Attack (300pts)
3x TX4 Piranhas (100pts)
2x TX4 Piranha
Fusion Blaster

Heavy Support (321pts)
TX7 Hammerhead Gunships (133pts)
Ion Cannon, Seeker Missile, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

TX7 Hammerhead Gunships (188pts)
Longstrike, Railgun with Submunitions, Seeker Missile, Sensor Spines, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (959pts)
Formation (959pts)
Armoured Interdiction Cadre (524pts)
TX7 Hammerhead Gunships
2x MV1 Gun Drone, Ion Cannon, Seeker Missile

TX7 Hammerhead Gunships
Railgun with Submunitions, Seeker Missile, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

TX7 Hammerhead Gunships
Railgun with Submunitions, Seeker Missile, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

TX78 Sky Ray Gunships
Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Skysweep Missile Defence (435pts)
TX78 Sky Ray Gunships

TX78 Sky Ray Gunships

TX78 Sky Ray Gunships

TY7 Devilfish

None you faggot, there literally isn't a Tau alive in the universe remotely like an imperial assassin.

I'd let you proxy a Vindicaire and that's it.

time consuming, easy if you know how to magnetize already. desu I'd just buy another knight but I'm lazy

>40k containment board

This meme has to stop. It was a board for people to post without furfaggotry shit which sparked a fucking war between furfags vs lolifags, gorefags and 40kfags.

The OP image is easier to spot as it's been used for so long, why are people now getting SURPRISED that people aren't recognising the new fucking picture used by some buttmad faggot who didn't like the picture? This has happened a dozen or so times and it's boring as fuck.

Veeky Forums is a fucking shadow of it's former self.

Really? So you'd have no problem letting me use an actual Culexus model but if I dare express myself creatively you'll throw a bitch fit?

That's find, you sound like too much of a curmudgeonly asshole to play against anyway.

>None you faggot, there literally isn't a Tau alive in the universe remotely like an imperial assassin
Except for the vindicare you name yourself, an eversor being easily replicated (Tau can already bring a suicide bomb in the current codex), and a blank being possible to find amongst the worlds the have conquered. Fluff the weaponry and gear as you want.

Callidus is the only one I'd find strange, but call it an ethereal who has a device that superempowers their mindfuck ability and it is cool.

The biggest issue is that the other thread is easily mistaken for the roleplay threads, which also automatically pop up when searching 40k.

If you want to use something different, at least use something we would actually recognize, like guardsmenplanet or someshit.

It is probably just some carnac loving faggot who does it to remove the chicken.

I'm sure the Tau could scrounge up a blank but a Culexus is bio-engineered to be even worse than that, to the point where they even fuck with the Tau. Not to mention all that psyker gubbins attached to their face which they would have no idea how to make or operate, Earth caste are good, but they don't understand psychic shit well enough beyond "That shit is nasty, shoot if with more guns" Eversor is believable because Tau already fuck with their troops/citizenry using drugs. And seeing as the Tau can barely make their shit BS3/4 using their targeting shit, I doubt they could make a Vindacre.

1845 out of 1850 points.

The idea is pretty obvious. We have a ton of tank happy players, and I want to beat them at their own game. No one fields only tanks like this, but I kinda want to try.

Once you go Blast
You never go back

What about alien subject? Don't they have a race of Psykers Space Flat Bears?

It's my assumption as well. Veeky Forums is full of such shit these days.

Damn, now I'm thinking I could use a kroot, since they could probably feed them some blanks.

Don't think I could get it to come out as cool though.

TETSUOOOOOO!!!!

KANEDA!

Hey guys what do you think of this 1850 list?
Hive fleet detachment

3 flyrants with brainworms and egrubs
1 hive crone
1 malanthrope
3 mucolid spores

Skyblight formation
Flyrant brainworms egrubs
Hive crone
2 harpies
3 gargoyle squads

$60 book of nerfs, still have to check fb for stats.

Yes, because $60 of nerfs and 4 years waiting for a fucking fix was much better. Do you remember what the world was like before home internet? Or, hell, broadband?

Should be fine for casual games user, not for tournaments though, if people are refusing to let you do it for a casual game it's kinda a dick move.

Defiantly a very focussed list, which might be its biggest weakness, due to the tau's innate squishyness in cc - despite the breached teams you will not be able to hold off any dedicated assault, you might want to seek a bit more manoeuvrability with some battle suits, use them to go hunting elite infantry whilst e tanks pound the living daydaylights out of tanks and infantry blobs. Another question is where are you going to put your ethereal - I wouldn't put him with a breather squad because it would be highly unlikely if they last more an 2 or 3 turns, you should protect him because otherwise it's a free victory point for your enemy - hold him back with a strike team and some kroot maybe? And one final thing - WHERE E FUCK ARE YOUR MARKERLIGHTS - srsly, you need them!!

[Citation needed]

>first FW order
>hyped about my MKII en MKIII emp children shoulder pads
>they're disproportionally huge as fuck
>tfw WoW shoulders on my mreens

I do. It wasn't a shit storm of dlc supplements with rehashed formations and art.

Back in 2nd and 3rd edition people still bought every codex around here. You wouldn't be missing content from some obscure supplent.

Let's not pretend it's not in the book because of the fact that in 7 years GW has been too cheap to put a sprue of lascannons in the box.

Git gud

Lower right corner. No one cares about the Tau Face.

>Using Mk 2/3 pads on anything but mk2/3 armour

what mk is the calth stuff?

Mk4

I personally think mk3 shoulders look fine on mk 4, but I only use them on my sergeants, and only one arm

So, Tyranids are 100% organic and 100% inhuman. All of their weapons are grown as part of their bodies.
Why do they need to grow "hands" that are joined to the weapon? Why do they need to grow a trigger for the weapon its hands are biologically joined to? Why do their weapons look like guns with magazines?
This seems ridiculously inefficient for something that's supposedly doing nothing but consuming and evolving perfect organisms for killing.

Tyranid termagaunt is multiple organisms.

Grub has to hold the grub that shoots grubs

>All of their weapons are grown as part of their bodies

No actually

The weapons are separate creatures, theyre joined together in a symbiotic relationship

A lot of the time the weapon fires other organisms as ammunition

So the "trigger" is for the main organism to use to signal to the weapon symbiote that it wants it to fire, and the "magazine" is where the weapon symbiote keeps the ammunition organisms

I can't choose between starting an Imperial Guard, Tyranid, Necron, or Space Marine army.

Please convince me on which one I should do.

Okay so that answers the first two, though I'm still hung up on why it looks so much like a gun that a human could use. Instead of the banana magazine, couldn't they simply have some kind of egg sac to draw from? That's the real inefficient bit.

Have you considered Chaos?

Because thats just how it was deisgned. The termagant is old, a hold out from when 40k was way more over the top and ridiculous

If you look at newer nid models they look more like how you described.

Depends. Are they painted?

Greyfags get no slack.

So that is like, half the factions. What historical military archetypes do you like, how much do you like modeling or painting, what fluff do you like, how much do you like to win?

Do you mind having to paint a lot (and relatively detailed)?

>Yes
Do you prefer immovable wall or unstoppable force?
>Wall
Necrons
>Force
Marines

>No (to first question)
Watch Starship Troopers and decide which side you want to be on.

It's dangerous to WAAAGH! alone--take this!

b i t_ly/ Orks 7e PD F

Congratulations user you're now in charge of altering the fluff to any one faction of your choosing.

What do you do with it?

Fucking spam filter, kill yourself.

Necrons never broke up C'tan or lost to Krorks. Instead they split into Silent King and C'tan worshipping factions which hate each other.

Shards are now lesser C'tans, made T8, can pick their powers, and are HQs for C'tan worshipping Necrons.

Both sides have their own codex, current codex is Silent King. C'tan codex drops the canoptek bugs, walkers and planes for Crypteks with powers, quantum shielded monoliths and silver tide tactics.

We bring back Ollanius Pius, crush the Tau threat, and make the Imperial Gaurd great again

>Faq released
>Worst armies in game suffer more

How this isn't an even big eye opener for lads at GW or even people who try to argue that the worst armies in the game are viable, is very much beyond me.