/HHG/

Rolled 11 (1d20)

The Panolopy of the Raven Lord is the TMNT weapons edition.
Someone needs to do a 30K mod for mount and blade sub-edition.

LAST TIME ON /HHG/ We discussed the latest thing GW shat the game up with, headless Fulgrim, of mastodons and tartarus termies, militia and cults are 30 jelly anvils, IW players were sad, the Kyme-Trope law was invoked, Marine sniper rifles DON'T shoot a laser to create a hole for a poisonous crystal to enter, armour marks and a related variant of a beloved copypasta was posted and Morty has a subconscious inhibitor which means he can't see walls.

Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUQpHPPbdCI
youtube.com/watch?v=mu_pNeqAQ-U&list=PLnUGE1D0NcehJEf_EwJE37vleIIH8Q32z
youtube.com/watch?v=37-AlmNdESg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>based unification filling in for threadguy when he's asleep

So /hhg/, how do you roll with your destroyers? I'm not sure on how to kit mine out.

If I have 6 Outriders with a sergeant, they can have 3 power weapons, right?

>11
Your legion got deleted.

Link to old bread
Not sure, though being a mortariat's bodyguard seems reasonable.

Putting them in a scouting land raider is probably just sinking too many points into them though, though it is sure to attract attention

>Marine sniper rifles DON'T shoot a laser to create a hole for a poisonous crystal to enter,

Hate to break it to ya, but those are Astartes Pattern Sniper Rifles. They're needle rifles.

Yeah, in second edition. Do find me a recent source saying it's a needle rifle, because you won't fucking find it.

>inb4 more unsourced wiki shit

That's what I'm thinking, Jump-packs are only really cost effective if you take 10, but at that point you're sinking a ridiculous amount of points that could get vindicator'd if you're unlucky.

I'm aware the Codex has made a decision, but given it's a stupid-ass decision I've elected to ignore it.
--Rogal Dorn

"The thump of exploding fuel dumps, or the sudden hiss and crack of sniper rounds punching through skulls"
"Heads snap back and warriors crumble to the floor, neat holes drilled through their skulls by sniper fire"
--7E Spess Mehreen Codex
It doesn't even say whether they're shooting poison shards or not, so here's a proposition: YOUR DUDES are shooting whatever YOU want them to shoot.
I, for example, consider stupid the concept of a rifle shooting 2 consecutive ammo types (laser followed by Dark Eldar poison), given that the first one is affected by visibility and the other is affected by gravity. As such, my dudes shoot solid ammo guns. It works for me, it works for my opponent. It won't work for spergguys, but nothing ever works for them, so why bother?

>Imperial Armour Volume 8 Raid on Kastorel Novem
>Deathwatch Rites of Battle
>Legion of the Damned(Novel)

Those are what's off the top of my head. They all use MKIX Ultra Pattern Rifles, which are needle rifles. I'm the sniper in our deathwatch group.

First for Garro, hero of the Imperium.

Look, your dudes can shoot hot jizz for all I care. But the whole argument wasn't about headcanon, it was one faggot going "Marine snipers fire laser beams that drill holes for poison crystal darts, it's canon and in every modern SM codex", which is a blatant lie.

>which are needle rifles

Only source I've seen for them to be needle rifles is the FFG book. The FW book doesn't say anything about it being a needle weapon. What does the novel say? I can't find one to download and look for myself.

Also, I'm sure the latest SM codexes are newer sources, if we have to go with "it's all canon".

That poor marine. End his misery, Garro. Who does these pictures by the way? BL? Some fanartist? I want to know because I love this art.

Assuming defensive Position for Saul Tarvitz too.

Did ne survive like Loken?

It's left ambiguous after he duels lucius, but its implied he died in the fighting.

Well, not everybody can be saved by the Emperors grave it seems.

Flight of the Eisenstein, if Wikia is to be believed.

desu at the rate they're bringing back Isstvaan III characters, I'm surprised anyone actually died.

fucking japmoots word filters, t b h is what I meant.

>Who does those pictures
BL-hired guy. Lexicanum names him Karl Richardson, he apparently did most of the stuff in early BL novels.

Garro, Tarvitz, and Loken: B-BF! (Battle-brothers forever)

Has anyone ever done a converted Cataphractii Chaplain? I think it could look pretty damn scary.

so are meltabombs usable yet?

Galaxy in flames has him and remaining loyalists stand to attention as the second orbital bombardment hits

Teleport Homer - "Friendly units composed entirely of models in Terminator armour do not scatter when they Deep Strike, so long as the first model is placed within 6" of the teleport homer’s bearer. For this to work, the bearer of the teleport homer must have been on the battlefield at the start of the turn."

Master of the Atramentar - "Night Lords Legion Terminator squads and Terminator Command squads from the same detachment as Sevatar who Deep Strike will not scatter as long as they are placed within 6" of Sevatar as they deploy."

Does this mean that Terminators can deepstrike without scattering the same turn as Sevatar deep strikes?

I don't see why it would be exclusive to when Sevatar deepstrikes. It seems to be a Teleport Homer that's exclusive to NL Termies from the same detachment.

The regular teleport homer only allows the noscatter if the model with the homer was on the board at the beginning of the turn. Sevatar's is missing that rule so I was curious if Sevatar could drop in a drop pod and then have the terminators deepstrike safely within range on the same turn.

What's the fluff for the leader of a terminator elite corps to not be wearing termie armour?

Ah, that's an interesting question.
There isn't any statement of any restriction like that, so I'd say it's 100% aligned with RAW, and you should feel free to do it.

Not sure, but he's basically a "dueling captain", like Sigismund, so he's basically wearing regular armour "to do parkour", as someone described light armour last thread. It's still weird how he doesn't have artificer armour, though he does have precognition.

Post primarch theme albums. I'll start with Curze:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUQpHPPbdCI

Sanguinius, Primarch of the Bangels

youtube.com/watch?v=mu_pNeqAQ-U&list=PLnUGE1D0NcehJEf_EwJE37vleIIH8Q32z

Let's make things more random. Roll a D20, the first to get dubs is the legion I pick

Not one of these threads!

It's too late, loyalist!

Rolled 10 (1d20)

Roll didn't go through. God damn machine spirits

Sanguinius, Primarch of the Bengals

youtube.com/watch?v=37-AlmNdESg

The fact that he's first captain, and bosses around everyone who isn't Curze

Why does he only have power armour then?

Night lords

Termi Armor makes it hard to shank people and encourages something closer to a fair fight

Thanks for telling me his name. His work is some of my favorite 30/40k art next to the woman who does the FW sketches, and Wayne England.

Why? Why do we need to keep doing this? We have charts.

30k thunderwolf sneak peek coming next week

No offense, but the charts are shitty. We need one that takes personality into more account and less MEMES.

Got tired of the Custodes rollin' up on him while he was chillin' and asking where he got such a nice set of armor.

Proof?
I can make one but I won't be able to post it until maybe Tuesday or Wensday. My modem's krumped, and I'm running close to out of data on my phone. Hopefully someone will take over making thread summaries until then.

What's the woman called? I friggin' love her art.

DELETE THIS!

Do it. We need a good chart

I can't remember her name.
I'll try my best. Hopefully it'll be more orderly than my Knight Errant generator.

Why not artificer then?

I thought you just wanted to fool around and meme. The 1d4chan legion article is good enough to make a choice.

He doesn't need it and the armor will probably reduce his fightan ability

Dude, artificer armour is merely pimped out power armour, not bulky like termie armour. But saying "he just doesn't care" could be the reason

I'd say pride, since he's a duellist and believes no fo could touch him, but that seems unlikely given the Night Lords' general cowardice.

How is sevatar as a general? Like lore wise how skilled is he at being an actual captain as opposed to just duelling

Think of NL leaders as mafia bosses.

He's literally the perfeft type of person to be captin of the NL. If he hadn't died he would have been able to keep the legion together after Curze died. Then there's his fuck all dueling and killing ability with precognition.

It was said he would have still had problems keeping the legion together.

Curze had problems keeping them together. The elites and first company were utterly loyal to him and after their escape from the dangles ambush he simply offed several captins that turn tail and ran. He might have to kill a few fuckers but he would have kept it together as much as the primarch after the scouring.

There was going to be a lot of skull cracking.

Just so long as the skulls don't have a 2+Sv he should be fine.

Not a fucking clue, Seeing as every sergeant in the legion can get Artificer armour for a mere 10 space bucks yet why NONE of the named captains (read: NONE) wear artificer armour is beyond me. The only reason I could come up with is maybe their legion lacks the resources for it but then I remember, Oh Yeah, their planet is KNOWN for adamantium output so there's no reason what-so-ever, Forgeworld just thought a 2+ re-rollable armour save was far too good for the highest ranking captain in the legion.

How big is Kharn's base? I want to be able to slot him in the display base sometime, and the game base fits perfectly on 25mm, but that seems a bit small given the usual 32. I got mine from a recaster, so no bases provided.

Actually with rending and instant death he's a really good duelist even against 2+ saves. He really only fails when he meets someone who can beat his initiative 7 or so much as mentions eternal warrior in their rules. But assuming you don't get precognition off and his squad doesn't outnumber the enemy he instantly turns into a mediocre praetor with instant death.

Probably as big as Sevatar's

The scout-snipers in Legion of the Damned are using laser weapons.
No mention of poison darts.

>if Wikia is to be believed

hahahahahahahahahahaha

When he didn't like the way the Kyroptera were operating, he had them all killed and replaced within one hour. Immediately after he formed the new group he planned to send them every which way to disrupt the Loyalists where they could. Then the Night Haunter wakes up and tells everyone to rush headlong into The Lion not the DAngles legion, not the flagship, The Lion Luckily only Sevatar and the Altramentar heard the order and teleported with him into the halls of The Lion's flagship.

If the rest of the legion came along they might have won.

To add to the other posts, in the 'present', several members of the NL muse that if Sevatar hadn't died, then the legion might still have it's shit together.

Assuming you got a legion full of cowards to commit to such a plan,
At what cost?

Looking to expand my IW to do Ironfire, I noticed it only affects barrage weapons. If I am correct, that includes Quad Mortars, Whirlwind + Scorpius, Medusa and Basilisk tanks. Are there any other options for barrage weapons I've missed, any supers or anything? Would a Minotaur be legit?

The Scorpius with rocket barrage looks nice on paper. I currently only have the quad mortars because IW have no other elite choices anyway.

No minotaurs for legions

I think the achilles and alpha are both barrage on the main gun as well, but I'm not sure.

The wiki is correct there.

Is the Typhon's cannon not barrage?

Nah the Typhon is basically just a vindicator scaled up in microsoft paint

>IW have no other elite choices anyway
What slot is the Domitar-Ferrum in?

They could bring Minotaurs as a LoW. They're available to Reductor AdMech, and don't the Ironfire allows for Allies?

The "overpriced footslogging shit" slot

You cant take a LOW for your allies

The Minotaur taken as a Legiones Astartes Lord of War. There's a provision to take a vehicle from any of the IA books. But it'll be from the IA book, not the one the Reductor has access to, which by the way, they take it as a Heavy support choice, not as a LoW

Ah, they can take a squadron of three as one HS choice

I thought you weren't allowed to take a vehicle from any of the IA books anymore, only 30K approved LOWs

>minotaur squads as HS for reductor

Oh shit

Then make the decision yourself or make a better chart.

What's the best way to mix shades together? I feel like dipping your brush then wiping onto pallet would be a little harder since they're so much thinner.

Sevatar is love
Sevatar is life

>google says this model is Sevatar
>no red gauntlet
>mfw
>mfw I have no face

Use a pipette or washes that come in dropper bottles and put them on the palette and mix.

Or just keep transferring wash over with a large brush until you have enough on your palette.

Or buy an empty pot from Tamiya or some other company or knick knack store and pour in there.

>No red gauntlet
That's a painting fail, not Fake-Siggy fail tier. Paint it Red yourself then.

FW and GW paint studios always paint shit wrong. Orion from WE has green skin but they painted him flesh. Mortarion has a mask and they modeled him without one. Kharn has an untouched and handsome face but FW made him super scarred.

I could make one based on playstyles but it would require that someone be able to quickly sum up how any legion that isn't Blood Angels, World Eaters, and Emperor's Children.

>Mortarion has a mask and they modeled him without one.
Must have been extremely painful.

>fake siggy
do explain user

Well I'm saying failing to paint something right is a forgiveable mistake. Fake-Siggy, scarface Khârn and unmasked Mortarion? Utter failure.
:^)
Sigismund is blonde. FW made some fake bald shit and called him Sigismund

I did notice that... I was just going to swap the head with a crusader one anyway

I made a true Siggy pic, hihglighting the details, but I'm on my phone.

Thought exercise: how would the Istvaan III Atrocity have changed, if at all, if it had been the Sons of Horus, Night Lords, Iron Warriors (with a loyalist playing the role of Garro), and the Emperor's Children (so Saul still makes it to the surface)

Saul still grabs Horus' wolf cloak and pulls it over his face before shoving him down a flight of stairs into a set of bowling pins named Curze and Perturabo because he's Saul Motherfucking Tarvitz and humiliating primarchs is what he does.

maybe it's before he got condemned?

What did he do to get sentenced to death?