Oneshots

Thinking about DMing a game tonight for 2 of my buds, any simple-ish systems you guys reccommend for a oneshot? We've all only played 5e...

Other urls found in this thread:

christianfoggjohnson.com/docs/Fiasco/Rulebooks/Fiasco - Core Rulebook.pdf
fiascoplaysets.com/home/high-school-hijinx
princeofdarknessgames.com/projects/hell_4_leather_v0.2.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fiasco

Looks pretty good, thanks senpai!

Here you go.

Simple but efficient.
A word to the wise: stick to "realistic" playsets for the first game, no fantasy or scifi.

>Oneshot
Then you don't need any system at all, my negro amigo

Dont' shitpost m8

Yeah we've done one about starwars where we fudged around our dnd sheets that was awesome. Still I've seen a lot of systems over the years on Veeky Forums and I'm pretty hype to try some of them out.

The hell it has to do with shitposting?

user, new system usually means lots of reading, character making and what not - even if you are going to use some lite version.
You really want to do all of that and by proxy making your players to do that just to run single game of it? I mean sure, you can always treat that as a demo or trial, but for me it's just waste of time to learn new system for single game.
And the most enjoyable one-shots that I either played or GMed were almost completely improvised, both crunch and fluff-wise.

Shadowrun Doc Wagon soldiers

I'm actually doing the same thing, sort of.

Is

christianfoggjohnson.com/docs/Fiasco/Rulebooks/Fiasco - Core Rulebook.pdf

that the newest edition / best rulebook?

Fiasco looks pretty fun, any good stories, recommendations?

Maid.

>lots of reading

Dude, I coul tell you about ten system within the 10-page limits just out of my head.

>christianfoggjohnson.com/docs/Fiasco/Rulebooks/Fiasco - Core Rulebook.pdf

Yes. This is a very good playset: fiascoplaysets.com/home/high-school-hijinx

Death Frost Doom

Paranoia.

What's the best edition of this? Got a link?

I have only played XP which I really liked, but have long since lost my pdf. Sorry user.

>I want to start new games
>Here, grab those bare-bones basic set of simplified rules

Who said anything about "simplified"?

princeofdarknessgames.com/projects/hell_4_leather_v0.2.pdf

Who are you quoting? It sounded like that user was talking about entire rulesets, not simplified versions. Is it that inconceivable to you that other systems could be very simple?

Strike Legion!

>simple-ish systems you guys reccommend for a oneshot? We've all only played 5e

. . . If you all know 5e, then why the fuck wouldn't you play 5e? Do you want to spend the whole night learning the new system?

Which brings us back to the original point:
OP wants to try out new games.
And I honestly doubt by "games" he means things that are 10 pages long simplified rulesets of some niche game based around the concept of simplification.

>games that don't have a lot of rules aren't games
?

Risus.

we play 5e all the time
just used this and had a ton of fun

Fiasco is weird. I remember the game I played of it, my character was the only one who managed to get a "good end," but he's also the only one who died. Compared to the other guys (one fell into a coma, another lost a foot and had to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of his life) it's true enough that he got out better, but the way the endings work (compare what dice you have to the big chart of endings) is still strange