What's the saddest love story you've seen during your tabletop career?

What's the saddest love story you've seen during your tabletop career?

Had a Pygmalion story between my decker and the AI he was trying to create. He died and it was doubtful if the program ever reached sentience. That whole story was pretty sad.

poor crab bro

My character had a Mosin Nagant that he loved like a child, he cleaned it every day, polished it every week, and spoke to it like it was a person. It was thrown in a fire. There were no survivors, enemy or otherwise.

None

We don't deal in gay sissy bullshit at the table

Hi mr.george

Love is beautiful, user

Love is a storm of hormones created by nature to force you/ your partner into banging over a sweet word. You can't say shit about love until three years into relationship when you realize that your feelings aren't what matters most.

I'm getting drunk while reminescing my former relationship failures. Please forgive me for my bitterness ang general trolliness

vent, you're among friends

The thing that drove me into alcohol (other that my general slavishness) was that one of my fuckbuddies decided to form a commited relationship and informed me about it during a night of fairly passionate sex.

I tried. I fucking tried to prepare for creating a famiy. I am fairly handsome, bearish dude, with a good job, education, and perspectiives for inhereting two tenament houses in future. But you know what? Most of the girls suck, and are vapid, annoying creatures. Some have troubles actually talking to you about anything important, others believe that it's enough to fuck aroung fulfilling their childish dreams. I just want an approvably looking girl, willing to work hard for something better for ourselves, intelligent enough to understand value of duty with whom I could share at least some of my hobbies and hope for mutual understanding in the future. But nope, anything I come across ends up in tears and anger.

Thanks.

True love more or less just means being able to be good friends afterwards.

Love is terrifying.

>found the 12 year old

>found the 11 year old

Having my character's relationship collapse because of NTR by another player. Made me sad IRL.

Love is awful. It begets Awe.

My character, and the rest of the party, were moving heaven and earth to try and rescue this priestess (My PC's fiancee) from an evil party determined to summon their dark god from beyond the stars.

The thing about it was, the evil party was actually pretty sympathetic in that they hailed from oppressed countries and some of them had been raised to believe that their merciless god was their only salvation. (All signs pointed to the fact that he would likely enslave them, though.)

At any rate, the leader of the other side was a dark, tortured antihero who was constantly wavering in his dedication, but kept going anyway because of a sense of duty. Ultimately, when our party finally stormed the citadel where the ritual was taking place, my PC found his fiancee at last...

And she promptly told him "Please don't kill . I love him."

My PC was the quiet type. It was personal to him, so he didn't visibly get upset. But he also didn't answer, and when she asked "Are you going to hurt him?", he answered "Only as much as I have to."

When the final battle actually started, he gave his opposite number a chance to surrender at the very start of the fight, and made it clear that this was the only chance he'd get. Of course, the other guy didn't take it because he was sure he would win.

So after a long, grueling battle, the main villain finally threw down his sword and surrendered, because he'd fought as hard/done his best as honor demanded.

My character said "I gave you a chance to surrender." and stabbed him in the heart. Then the brain. Then the spine. He basically cut that guy into a million pieces, then, still covered with his blood, went back to his fiancee. When she broke down crying, he hit her in the face as hard as he could, breaking her jaw and calling her a whore.

That the last time he spoke to her, but he did everything he could - once they got back - to spread the news that she was a race-traitor.

I can't believe that one of my favorite foods has given me some feels.

food can have feels too

Finally somebody understands!

Damn son, your PC is hardcore.

>But you know what? Most of the girls suck, and are vapid, annoying creatures. Some have troubles actually talking to you about anything important, others believe that it's enough to fuck aroung fulfilling their childish dreams. I just want an approvably looking girl, willing to work hard for something better for ourselves, intelligent enough to understand value of duty with whom I could share at least some of my hobbies and hope for mutual understanding in the future.

You are a victim of the myth of romanticized marriage. Women are biologically and psychologically specialized to grow and rear babies, this conditions far more of their total self than the comparable reproductive impulses do in a man and automatically makes them largely unsuitable to the kind of companionship you are looking for. You are not going to find a soulmate or lover of any real sort among people who are so spiritually different from you that they are almost a different species.

Two options: 1. decide to become a father, make that your goal in life, and find a woman who will make a good mother for your kids; that will give you some happiness, though you will have to shift your center of attention from career/hobbies/whatever to family making. 2. Find a man for quiet bromance and learn to live with the fact that since love isn't sex, LOVE ISN'T SEX.

Good luck slav bro.

>one of my fuckbuddies
>I tried
No you didn't.

What did he post?

probably something about rape

Shit dude, that's downright depressing.

Watching two of my PCs fall inn love irl only to have one get diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer and die a few months later

this took place over about 2 years

You. You are a reasonable person in a world with little reason. I believe that you can make it and craft a home of reason in this world, and that you can find someone to do it with.

I read your story every time. It is always good.

what
im not even going to bump this thread but i just have to call you a faggot

Kind of reminds me of Minerva's Den story in Bioshock 2.

read gunshow dude

>Find a man for quiet bromance and learn to live with the fact that since love isn't sex, LOVE ISN'T SEX.
This is the only true option. My hetero-lifemate and I play vidya, watch movies and enjoy life. We both lunch/ dinner date about with the women folk but never plan to have kids / start families.

Does crab bro get her back?

Why not just have butt-sex with him?

There was a character with 3 charisma who was so ugly that his family died.

Obviously not. You don't get something just because you want it.

Poor crab bro

Pic related.
Although in all fairness, I was the DM in this game.

One of my first characters got roped into marrying the princess of tribe of river lizardmen
We ended up getting really attached to her, mostly because the DM was doing a great job of endearing her to us.
Then she got abducted and killed by a tribe of half orcs.

I spend three campaigns saving up money, hired a mercenary company and slaughtered the whole dirty lot.

Then I took her bones and buried them on a hill overlooking the sea on my private tropical island (she had been stoked about seeing the sea and not having to go into hibernation for half the year).
I retired my character afterwards, though I occasionally brought him back as a questgiver.