Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Kerillian Dreams Of Home Edition

Remember to ignore or report shitposters and off-topic discussion.

Previous thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age

>Total War: Warhammer (Now confirmed to have mod support!)
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide (Drachenfels DLC confirmed!)
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned (New Warbands in production!)
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2 (More races on the way!)
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War (Still in alpha)
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
Google "Unsupported Age", because we can't link blogs here.

Posting all the introductory lore since we're getting newbies coming in for Total Warhammer.

Wud u pat a skaven

yes, totally
they are fluffy and cute
don't believe dwarfish propaganda

Maybe a third generation immigrant skaven who didn't grow up in an insane murderpack.

Dear God, no!

i wud cuddel a skave

Yes, if by pat you mean Pass Axe Through

I ordered a used copy of the Ambassador Chronicles of ebay. The premise sounded nice, I always liked Kislev and it seems to have been written before BL really went downhill.

Reptilian master race coming through.

kick it in its fat wriggly jelly belly :3

What is this? Imperial engeneere madness creature?

And why Empire history so poor? From 500 to 900 we dont know the name of emperor ever

Skipping the artwork, I don't have time for that.

>>Mordheim: City of the Damned (New Warbands in production!)
So what's this like? Worth playing or should I wait for more content?

Okay, I am posting this artwork.
Its in their books I believe, this is just a summary. Just like how it doesn't cover all the High Elf or Dwarf kings.
Damn good, but only four Warbands. Sisters, Cult of Chaos (Be'lakor cultists), Empire mercenaries, and Skaven. Daemons wander maps at high levels and kill everyone.

So, /whfb/ what are you currently working on?

>Damn good, but only four Warbands
Cool, I'll give it a try. Anything crucial I should know (like some warbands being hardcore mode) or traps for newcomers?
I played the tabletop but I don't expect this to be a 1:1 port of it.

A drawing of the host of tehenahuin repelling clan pestilens from lustria as happening on the coast near "the serpent that smokes" and "the serpent that spits" islands

Still fram from presentable but I'll post it eventually

Don't trust the percentages.
The AI is predictable as fuck, they WAAGH into every fight which can be good or bad for you based on your faction and the setup.

Don't try story mode missions until you're pretty fucking badass, and remember that your special character has to survive but otherwise is going to be doing most of the heavy lifting.

Gather Warpstone, its crucial. Every map, prioritize Warpstone.

Painting Mantic minis.

I don't know what it does exactly but it is likely done by wizards to predict wizard shit

Didn't end well it seems tho

Thanks, appreciate it.

>prioritize Warpstone
I'll be over that shit like Draigo smelling warpdust.

I like the lady with the hourglass skullcap.

Comes to think of it: the empire could be one truly spooky place at times.

The problem with playing against the AI is that they're so busy to get into a fight with you that they don't leave you much time to gather it, and you get a lot of requests from your faction leader demanding a certain amount of Warpstone so unless you know how to get your shit quickly then you'll never have enough to send to the other two factions you can send it to for bonuses.

In general, being fast will get you around so you can get that Warpstone, being strong and not carrying much items into the map allows you to carry a lot of it, but you don't want to get your guys isolated because the AI will just rush and kill the fuck out of them and loot their body so you don't actually keep that Warpstone they gathered.

Move as a group, hit as many Warpstone deposits as you can until you encounter the enemy, then end the match quickly.

Players tend to be less focused on the fight until all the Warpstone is nabbed though.

Crazy empire best empire.

Sometimes I wonder why empire fans ditched the demigryphs for not being historically-looking enough when the empire had a great deal of strange and magnificent things.

Clockwork skeletal angels among all

Last one for awhile, need to take a break. Will finish later.

i never understood people who hated 8th Ed empire models. they wanted historical stuff for some reason, while the REAL empire is crazy awesome shit like
and picrelated.
If anything, Empire stuff should be more bizarre than what 8th Ed. brought.

The "REAL Empire" was only heavily focused on "crazy awesome shit" for two editions. I prefered the Empire to be more historical based with a "crazy awesome shit" subtext. It contrasted better with all the insane stuff they had to fight all the time. The Empire was a beacon of normality in a bizarre world and that was fun.

I thought the models looked great. Most of the stuff is pretty perfectly designed and just flavorful enough. Also most fantasy doesn't use the Renaissance style so it felt fresh when I first discovered.

Can these be compiled into a PDF? I'm not up to trying to save and sort sixty individual images.

>bizarre world
it's a world of cliched high elves, cliched undead, cliched spiky evul warriors, cliched arthurian knights and overcliched dwarfs. it's a fairly typical fantasy world, with little bits of original content. it could actually use some actual bizarre stuff. Empire had potential to be the bizarre faction, but no. people just can't stand when the default generic human faction is not, well, generic.

That stuff is bizzare if you are from the real world and isn't used to generic fantasy clichés.

Warhammer is like 30 years old and all the generic fantasy ideas that went into it was considered relevant and not worn out at the time.

It's also a world were the Empire has an empire of rats living right under their feet, they don't know about it and refuse to take claims about Skaven seriously because the notion is bizarre to them. It's a setting were the Empire farmer goes to fuck his farm animal and later in the middle of the night he is awaken by a noise coming from outside. When he goes to investigate he sees footprints in the snow that suggests that a newborn farm animal walked away on it's hindlegs.

Very relatable stuff and grounded in reality.

Don't you hate it when that happens to you?

If none does it I'll make it myself, but tomorrow.

Are there any imgur galleries about the fantasy lore?

>he has better things to do on a weekend night than make a Warhammer lore folder.

Bumming master race.

That's why they're called sore arse warriors

They're actually in the OP. But this way, its presented right here.
Starting up again.

To be fair when they started, most of this wasn't cliched yet.

It was only a few years after Dungeons and Dragons that Warhammer came out.

You're amazing. Hope you know that.

Hell, Warhammer invented Meso-American lizard people and green orcs/goblins.
Thanks m8.

The way the winds of magic would alter living things and the world was also a pretty interesting concept. It's at least more novel than most other ways a lot of settings presents the mechanics of magic.

Warhammer was actually the very first game to have magic as something that can fail.