Settle this argument Veeky Forums

Who would win in a fight, Captain America or a Space Marine? No power armor, no shield.

Other urls found in this thread:

dagobah.net/flash/Space_Marines_vs_Spartans.swf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Space marine.
Why is that even a question?

Spacemarine.

Look at how plot armor is gained by not wearing a helmet. Imagine the power when fully exposed

Because he's Captain Fucking America man, sure the Marine is taller but Cap is just as strong and probably faster

I'd say a Space Marine. Cap is stronger than a normal human, but he's still human. Breaking his bones is still likely to take less effort, he can't spit acid, he needs to breathe more frequently. Cap is a super soldier. An Astartes is a genetically modified killing machine.

I feel like you have no idea what the capabilities of either of these characters are.

America has never lost a single war so obviously America wins.

>Cap is a super soldier. An Astartes is a genetically modified killing machine.

those mean the same thing

marine would still win tho

I'd say Captain America is AT BEST is the standard issue combat stimulate they hand out for free to the imperial guard troops.

super soldier serum vs space super soldier serum + extra organs/bones

on paper, the marine has it
in practice, captain america has a name and probably would not lose against a mook, even an elite mook

Space Marine.

I love Cap, but really an Astartes would tear him in half.

This guy has it. Marine would win, but only if he had a name.

Ok, what about Cap vs a Scout Marine? Those guys don't have all the enhancements as a full marine but still have quite a few

>Sigismund
>Grimaldus
>Kharn the Betrayer
>Anyone else
Nigga what.

Compare them like that:

Captain America is jacked up dude and marine is jacked up dude, who can spit acid, has like 1 additional important organ, etc

The only thing a scout is lacking in terms of implants is the black carapace.

>just as strong
>probably faster
Hahaha oh wow.
Cap is litteraly 2 heads shorter than the standard SM, probably a good 50 kilos of muscles lighter, doesn't have litteraly centuries of experience, and several organs to sustain him in combat situation and help him survive wounds.

Again, how is that even a question? SM are made on the rule of cool, they were designed to be made the bzst of the bzst of humanity, whatever the setting. Apart from magic powers I don't see any other "human" that can get in their level.

I like Cap, but 40k simply has no scale to be measured with.

>those mean the same thing

No they don't. Cap got put in a machine that improved his pre existing bodily functions so he could be faster and more aggressive than the average human.

Space marines are cut open and fitted with extra organs, a kevlar-like bone plate to cover their hearts. They go under years of intensive genetic augmentation and mental re-structuring.

Cap is still human, Astartes ain't

when you click on this picture the csm's eyes glow

>plot armor

That sounds better. Problem is, as a scout can be anything from a 12 years old boy that barely got his first implants to an almost full fledged marine with just the black carapace lacking, it depends.

I'd say it depends where the scout is on the road to becoming a marine. Organs and experience will change the outcome greatly.

>tfw Space Marines' bones are in some cases literally bulletproof

Yeah, have fun punching the guy whose face is made out of armor-grade steel.

Also that. But honestly, when your setting functions on the rule of cool, and your main guys are best of the best EVAR, there's no point in trying to do dick measuring contests.

He's a comic book character though. He fights stupid inhuman super powered interdimensional monsters all the time. Characters like Hulk or Juggernaut are way stronger than space marines, and Cap will kick their ass if the plot tells him to.

If your friend won't agree with you, why would he agree with a buncha massive fags from some shitty website for ogling underaged gook cartoons?

>40k simply has no scale to be measured with.
Tell that to SupCom or The Culture

Again, no point in even trying when they're not from the same setting. It's just not measurable.

Cap beat the fuck out of Iron man and he has a suit made of a medal even harder than diamond, which is the hardest medal in the universe and possibly the world

So Brother Telios, 6th company Tactical Marine is somehow going to lose because plot.

But Brother Seargent Adimaxes "The Ugly" will win because sometimes he hangs out with a captain during important events.

I wish I could say that's bullshit but I've read some pretty stupid bullshit from black library.

I completely agree. Sorry if I came off as saying Cap would win and anyone trying to compare a Space Marine to him is a retard. I just mean comic book characters have plot armor so hard, and 40k is full of stupid powerful things for no reason, that there is no way to compare them.

>Brother Seargent Adimaxes "The Ugly" will win because sometimes he hangs out with a captain during important events.
Only to be beaten after the reaffirmation of beliefs and ideals arc that Cap goes through.

Then he can overpower the God-Emperor himself

now you're beginning to understand

this is in part because 40k is ridiculous, but mainly because comic books are really fucking ridiculous

>40k
>no plot armor
Kekkles

Cap's beaten the shit out of Wolverine, whose bones are almost entirely unbreakable and much stronger than the black carapace.

The Marine still probably has the fight, but Cap's done some impressive shit.

comic book plot armour > 40k plot armour

I feel like this might be useful in determining the outcome

dagobah.net/flash/Space_Marines_vs_Spartans.swf

>How many X can CA/SM beat before going down?

Draigo.

That is all

>some half-assed flash game made by a butthurt 40Kiddie ought to settle things!
Lolokay

>Space marine grabs Captain
>Spits acid on his face
>Captain is dead

To the space marine, Unity (including America's loss to the Emperor, or whoever may have taken over before losing to the Emperor) is ancient history.

>A lot more entertaining than this thread

>diamond
>medal

Diamond is not a "medal", nor is it a metal retard

So was my last shit, but I ain't holding it up as if it was fine art

>implying America didn't head to DEEP SPACE before shit went south
WOLVERINES, bitch

Neither am I, but apparently I have the mental capacity to understand a game that isn't meant to take itself seriously when I see one

Keep in mind that a 3 in strength is only able to pick up twice his own bodyweight, a 2 is normal, and a 3 in durability is "Enhanced"

>"FOR THE EMPEROR!" screamed sergeant Theodore, as he dashes towards the odd, tri-colored man, plasma-pistol ready and chainsword revving up

>"hurr durr buy my comics" mumbled the man, spit propelling itself onto Theodore's worn armour, as he raised his two hands to form clumsy, half-hearted fists

>SKRRRRRRRTCH the chainsword cried out, seemingly unable to even mark the man's flimsy jumpsuit, much to Theodore's surprise

>Theodore, however, would not surprised for long, as the man pulled up his palm, and with a single flick, sent Theodore's head flying from his shoulders into the foot of a warhound, causing a massive chain reaction that propelled a single vulcan round towards Holy Terra, hitting and destroying the golden throne faster than one could imagine.

A guy who uses a shield as his primary offensive weapon.

And wolverine was literally torn in half by the Hulk.

Wolverine is a fucking jobber.

A better match i think would be spiderman vs a space marine.

I'd say that a better matchup would be Captian America against a named Kasarkin. A space marine is just rediculously overdesigned and has far more operational functionality than Cap, even without his power armour.

Still, 40k is so over the top that you can't really put anything up against a space marine without getting blown out of the water.

"Ironically" shit is still shit

Still less plot armor than Draigo

Which Cap? Ultimate may have had a shittier personality but he was stronger than 616 by a wide margin

Captain America Vs Gregor Eisenhorn. Both of them fully equipped and in prime condition.

Draigo is nothing compared to what some of the Chaos Marines are pulling

In a marvel universe captain america cannot be defeated by space marines; captured, beaten or forced to flee: yes. But then he would be back shortly thereafter and defeat them with his determination and some cunning plan.

In a realistic setting I believe a space marine has the upper hand thanks to his experience, having lived on the battlefield longer than the captain has lived in total does give certain benefits.

Ultimate Captain America fought Hulk and Giant Man.
Normal cap stood up against a god.

Nothing can beat his power armor

>In a realistic setting
In a realistic setting the space marine would be crushed under the weight of his own pauldrons and be unable to move due to how poorly designed SM armor is.

lmao

>two gooks
>no Americans
Still number one, you salty eurocuck

>peak human
>curls 500 lbs for reps

Oh, please, try harder.

Such a troll is below me.

that's a shopped pic

here's the real version

>no Americans
Just like May 1st 1975

someone post that old screencap about space marines ripping apart tanks with their bare hands

It would be like a space marine against a scout.
Not impossible, but highly improbable.
Not to mention that bolters would fuck Cap's shit up

>pick up twice his own bodyweight
are we talking deadlift or?
DLing 2X bodyweight isnt impressive at all

>try harder
If you've read any of GW's attempts at logistics, shit's hilariously fucked. Why should I try harder if your precious meme settings can't be assed to?

spidey should have that one, he fights stuff on that level all the time

actually, spidey probably beats a fully equipped marine too, considering spidey senses
unless the marine can break through the webbing easily and spidey cant break through the armor

>c-cap is just some dudebro

He can curl 500 lbs and he weight about 240.
He can also judo throw Hulk

And he benches 1100lbs, without being ORM

>This whole thread

Marine wins no contest, its like everyone's forgetting the setting they inhabit

Power armour isn't really an impossible design. The smooth, rounded surfaces are also more sound than the nightmare shot traps of "modern" space man armor designs.

No, if we're looking at things realistically, where space marines start having problems is with the fused ribcage.

What about it?
Consider there are kids in the Marvel universe that can beat marines.

Who would win, a jedi knight or a space marine librarian?

That and jamming in nearly two dozen organs the human body was never designed for and expecting them to function when not hopped up on Anti-rejection drugs 24/7.

Captain America is to the Space Marine as the Wright brother's plane is to the fighter jet. He's a glorified proof-of-concept/prototype/minimum viable product at best.

40k is ridiculous, but superhero universes are in a class of their own.

>Anti-rejection drugs
presumably that's what the geneseed is for

That's why I only called out the fused ribcage. You kind of need that mobile so you can breathe.

Superhero universes have bullshit due to hack writers, but the thing is, their levels of hacktitude pale in comparison to the writing skills of GWs.

>Power armour isn't really an impossible design
It literally doesn't have the articulation points for proper movement in most artwork

...I hope, desperately, that you mean in levels of hackitude.

Yeah, thats a typo.

Captain America is just a dude but he repeatedly falls from absurd heights, gets shot at, punched by dozen-ton-level beings, blasted by cosmic rays, exploded, used as a wrecking ball, crushed by TONS of steel, stabbed, he also dodges all that sometimes, carries multiple people while running, dodges bullets, learns how to handle new weapons and strategies in seconds, throws beings way heavier than any peak human should, jumps twice his height up in the air, resists toxins, heals from absurd wounds, uses bullshit techniques he learned, is essentially untiring, survives absurd collisions and accidents, fights enemies with bullshit skills or knowledge, etc etc etc

>most artwork is bad
news at eleven

Underrated post.

Ok but what if Captain America WAS a space marine?

Space marine hands down
Overkill if it's Cato Sicarius

What if you sucked my cock?

>"Welcome to the Ultramarines"

could he survive having his internal organs ripped out tho

Chapter Master of the Freedom Lords

He survived being killed

It would be very pleasurable.

I'm talking official artwork, famalam

Are you retarded? Space Marines move faster than the eye can follow and can rip hatches off tanks with their bare hands.

It's like comparing minimum rage level Hulk vs. Captain America.

>comic book character coming back from the dead

Could you name a character that has not done that? I'm having trouble remembering any who haven't died at least once.

No sarcasm.

>most official art is bad
news at eleven thirty

Cap would need his shield to take on a naked space marine, assuming he's not some green devastator redshirt chump.