What is a system with fast and deadly combat?

What is a system with fast and deadly combat?

It's called "Don't Roll a 1"
During combat every turn both sides roll a d6.
If you roll a 1 you die.

Savage Worlds

Shadowrun, honestly. Low health with high damaging weapons.

Savage Worlds. There's no bookeeping.

Crunchier games too for their own reasons. You might think that makes things slow but a lot of time it simply means you're accomplishing the equivalent of 3-5 rounds from other games in only 1. Zero "empty" rounds essentially.

are there more rules?

Don't Rest Your Head, Jenga variant.

Dungeons and Dragons before Hasbro got hold of it and turned it into Dungeons and Multicultural Queer Furry Superheroes.

Legend of the 5 Rings.

Savage Worlds was made with fast pulpy action in mind.

So if two people attack you , you have to roll 2d6?

Feudal Stratocracy

Am I right?

runequest and the famous "your arms have 3hit point and the longsword deal 1d8 point of damage at -3 your arms is gone"

Riddle of Steel and its successor games Song of Swords, Ballad of the Laser Whales, Blade of the Iron Throne, Band of Bastards, and Burning Wheel.

Seconding this.

And this.

It's not as fast as or deadly as "Roll 6 to live"

Traveller/Stars Without Number
L5R/Blood and Steel

Iron Kingdoms is dangerous for mooks, feat points mean player death is uncommon.

Hey, speaking of Savage Worlds, I'm looking to tweak a campaign. I want the Players to feel like extras. How do I scale up without being too over the top? I was thinking of making everyone wild cards and having bosses with 5-6 wounds.

Thirded

Riddle of steel or Song of swords wich one is faster to play?

Heads or tails.

this

also this at times but it fails to account for burning points to damage soak and the possible "everyone is too hurt to function and even taking a shit has a -15 penalty"

well the latter is an unfinished clusterfuck of a sepsis simulator, so go with the former

do you have the pdf?

>SoS
>fast
Are you high? There are sessions of SoS dedicated to a single fight between two opponents alone.

PvP in Dread sounds pretty quick. Each player takes turn drawing a block from the Jenga tower. If you knock down the tower, your character dies.

I've survived a lot of stuff in savage worlds though, might just be my superior luck skill though

Fast combat is nice to have, but I dunno what the point of 'deadly' combat is.
If you want to disincentiveise combat, make it simple and unfun, that's all. Just make the rest of the game more interesting.

L5R 1e, 4e is less deadly. Riddle of Steel. Reign. Old D&D at low levels. Burning Wheel. WFRP. The One Ring can be pretty brutal. Star Frontiers. OWOD can be. Cyberpunk 2020.

If I recall TSOY and Dogs in the Vineyard its easy to fuck somebody up/cripple them, but hard to actually kill them altogether.

>Shadowrun, honestly
I love Shadowrun, but really man.
One massive dice pool to attack, another to dodge, another to soak.
And that's not even including rolling initiative or performing some kind of semi-complex action.

I realize this is Veeky Forums's skub, but GURPS excels at quick, brutal combat. As long as you aren't using the Technical Grappling or Last Gasp expansions, anyway.

It all depends on your gear and bennies.
I'm doing a cyberpunk game with it, the Solo-types are pretty much tanking everything thrown at them (the worst that happened to one of them was being shot in the back of the head and temporarily looking hideous as their implanted mirrorshades burst).
On the other hand, I'm not sure the girl playing the unarmoured ex-political aide knows how close she came to death from that car crash that gave her two wounds right off the bat.

Just limit bennies and have your bad guys not be retards. Sooner or later your players' luck will run out.
What kind of setting are you going for?

Dark Heresy with new players.

The problem is that when you have deadly combat, players turn it into slow combat by using pesky things like tactics and plans and cover.

Didn't seem that deadly to me, we once saw a suicide bomber survive his blast, I lated skinned him because clearly his skin was made of diamonds

>dark heresy
>players turn it into slow combat

>Options: the RPG
>being mad when people actually use those options
kek

You could just use a system that doesn't take a fucking age when your players want to duck behind furniture or suppress incoming enemies or whatever, y'know
Also
>system lets you roll to dodge bullets, even lasers

Super Smash Melee

Did you mean Dread, or is there actually a thing for playing DRYH with the jenga blocks? Because that sounds kind of interesting,

I don't have the books in front of me, but I think it was that whenever you used Madness dice you had to pull Jenga blocks out equal to the number of dice in the pool, and if it dropped then you fucked shit up.

The nice thing about Burning Wheel is that it has three different systems for regulating combat, depending on how detailed you want to get. All of them are relatively fast, and deadly.

Though mostly in the sense that it's easy to be injured and incapacitated, but usually hard to die outright.

Trying to make the party a group of bandits in a generic-ish fantasy setting.