Creation Thread

Let's use the tables, but run it random from start to finish.

Roll d3 to see if we're making something for the Imperium, Chaos, or Xenos.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rolled 2 (1d3)

What about none loyal humans?

Shit, I was expecting one of those creation threads where we fuse two armies together and build them alongside one another. Or did Veeky Forums already run through all the combinations by now?

Tell me more, user. I'm intrigued as fuck

Chaos.

But...
Same, do continue.

Not But it's pretty straight forward. Roll up two factions, plus some new tables that bridge the two and their relationship, and then have a new fusion faction/army.

That table still needs some work, I think. It's bloated, needs to cut back so there's less contradiction

So, what, like a Tyranid IG regiment? Eldar Chaos SMs?

Make your own Rogue Trader crew?

Still, if you have a link, it's be appreciated.

Yeah, the OP(s) from those threads used that same image, IIRC. We'd roll 1d12 or something twice on the 1d4chan page to decide what two tables we'd use, then roll back and forth between them, building up both halves of each army and modifying each of their respective tables to suit the other faction. Then at some point early or in the middle there was a custom table listing possible reasons the two armies would unite, like "why are these Tyranids and Orks working together? Genestealer orks, enslaved nids, temporarily beating up oomies together before they slug it out later, etc?". Was pretty fun fusing armies together.
Yeah

Kinda.

One I remember was a Dark Eldar Cabal where the Archon had psychically usurped the role of a Tyranid Splinter Fleet's queen, and now all the kabalite warriors were mutant hybrids on crazy Tyranids drugs and had pet Tyranid attack dogs.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table
Just made a couple days ago

Sounds pretty fun, desu senpai

The threads needed pretty creative and present OPs though, to make sure there were good tables and ideas for how the two factions came together.

Yeah, I remember a ton of the tables were modified to fit the direction of the fused army.

We could always take it slower, start with one army, build up to a point, then switch over

Depends on if OP shows up

Still here, been looking at the linked table.

I'm all for doing the fusion if people think we can pull it off, though I may need aid with combining the charts. Up to you, folks.

No harm in trying

Let's go nuts

Alright, let's do this. 2d3 for what we're mixing.

Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d3)

Imperium and Chaos? This could get interesting.

So 1d8 and 1d3 to see what groups we're gonna blend.

Rolled 3 (1d8)

Rolled 2 (1d3)

Rolled 1 (1d3)

>let's go!

Stormtrooper Regiment and Chaos Warband. Traitor Troopers, then?

Let's keep rolling to find out!

Well then, d4 for our Stormtroopers' origin and d100 for Warband alignment.

Rolled 68 (1d100)

Rolled 1 (1d4)

Nurgle for Chaos Warband and Tempestus Scions for our Stormtroopers.

2d100 where our Troopers train and our Warband is based.

Also, looking at the Warband table, it's 2d100 for the blessings, yes?

Rolled 77, 85 = 162 (2d100)

>nugle stormtroopers
>Bio-chemical/diseased gasses + gasmasks and war-torn body horror

WW1 stormtroopers, anyone?

Warband in an asteroid Field and Troopers on a Dead World. Perhaps the field surrounds the planet?

And I like that idea.

Could be a destroyed planet that is semi intact. Enough is destroyed that it has its own asteroid field

Rolled 41, 64 = 105 (2d100)

Rolling for scion's blessings

It would be a fun rival for Kriegers

>WW1 Stormtroopers
Yes
please

Low amount of blessings, and the blessed have heightened senses.

Roll d100 for our method of recruitment, and as for our specialization and tactics, roll for those or go for fluff?

So would they look like your standard-faire Nurgle guys, or would they be concealed by suits/masks? It could be a psuedo-plague doctor look for some maybe?

Rollin'

Rolled 100 (1d100)

fucked the roll up, sorry. been a long day

We are slowly dieing off! This may be a problem. We either don't recruit enough or not at all! Roll a d10 for our size!

Also, as for our specialization and tactics, I'm thinking Foot Soldiers and Trench Warfare.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Sounds good to me. Let's hope we're pretty big, trench warfare can get grisly

We are large! We've got some time before we vanish.

d10 for our leadership.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

When we joined Chaos, our Commissar was converted as well. Papa Nurgle shows his love.

Roll 1d100 for our demeanor.

Rolled 70 (1d100)

This oughta be fun

Martyrdom Mentality. Uh, alright. Anyone have an idea as to how this would work, or we could roll again.

Maybe they zealously throw themselves into the line of fire, to better spread disease?
A Martyr for the plague sort of thing?

That just seems odd for a group focused on trench warfare, IMO. And more of a Zealotry thing as well.

Hm, Roll again, I think.

Rolled 22 (1d100)

yeah, bad match

We are Stern! Spreading Nurgle's love is serious business.

1d100 for our allies.

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Let's see!

A rogue Psyker cult. Huh.

1d100 for our Big enemies, or go with Kriegers, as someone above mentioned?

I'd say Kriegers, yeah

>How does martyrdom make sense for WWI trench warfare?
Are you for real? Did you sleep through history class or something?

I think that's the last of it that we need to put together again.

It's 4am and been a couple years, reenlighten me.

I'm heading off because I must sleep, but if someone could cludge together a summary, that's be rather nice.

>The phrase "going over the top" came into usage during World War I and referenced attacking infantry rising out of their own trenches to assault the enemy. In order to attack opposing trench lines, infantry were required to climb over the parapet of their trenches and cross "No Man's Land."

Most of them are loyalist stormtroopers, but those who die from disease or gas mask failures come back as zombies. Slowly, more and more of the regiment is becoming mindless zombies, but no one realizes it because none of them ever take their masks off and rarely even speak.

Millions dying every day, and only hundreds of thousands to replace them. Plus, most of the ones dying are humans and some of those are coming back as plague zombies, so the chaos portion is constantly growing larger.

Their commissars don't have to push them over the top, they have to hold them back until the time is right. The zombies just want to charge something, and when a few break loose and charge out of the trench, their human squadmates are inspired by their example and follow after them. The regiment regularly loses tens of thousands of troops to unplanned bayonet charges, sometimes right in the middle of an artillery barrage. Sometimes the sheer unexpectedness pays off, though.

>Most of them are loyalist stormtroopers, but those who die from disease or gas mask failures come back as zombies. Slowly, more and more of the regiment is becoming mindless zombies, but no one realizes it because none of them ever take their masks off and rarely even speak.
I don't know how I feel about full blown zombies, but only the ones who comeback should receive any blessings, giving them a reason why they would want to die. They are probably diseased and miserable themselves, since they haven't fully made the transformation, giving them more reason for them to try and die.

>hundreds of thousands
How long does it take to train stormtroopers?

Ah, that, thank you.

I'm definitely feeling this more for the Matyrdom demeanor. They don't want Papa's love but are getting it anyway.

What should we name them.

virulent scions?

Doesn't matter. If it takes 20 years, that means you have 20 years of trainees in the pipeline.

I'm not sure I like it. Remember, this is both an Imperial regiment and a chaos warband. It's a lot harder to be secretly loyalist than secretly traitor, especially when you have a name that's so condemning.

>secret loyalist than secret chaos
What? I thought we were just straight up chaos, but chaos storm troopers.

See:

No, I saw. But having these guys as either secret chaos or secret imperium would be tough, and I don't think it's worth the compromises in order to make it work. I think they would work better and be more fun if they were just straight chaos. I can't think of any chaos stormtroopers anyways

But that's just me, if everyone else want it, let's go nuts

OP here. I'm personally more for straight-up chaos Troopers. Nurgle's gifts generally don't lend themselves to hiding in plain sight.

Just an aside, but I think it'd be cool if, when these guys attack, they released a giant cloud of diseased mist, making it hard to see them, scaring the shit out of the poor enemies, killing them off, and looking badass

I think we can totally play it off as secret chaos, especially considering that they're effectively Chaos Death Korps of Krieg. I mean, do Kriegers even have faces?

Nurgle Cultists tend to show pretty obvious signs of their devotion, though.

Even if we keep their affiliations hidden, I feel like we're missing out on design opportunities by not being able to go full chaos

This. Nurgle doesn't really play subtle. If we were Tzeentchian or Slaaneshi, then covert chaos wouldn't been a more likely option.

Plague themed scions sounds really fun anyway

What are some tables we could roll? Scions have a demeanor table that we could do

Rolled them already. Seem people are thinking the original roll of Martyrdom rather than the second roll of Stern.

Me mal. We could roll for why they left? Did we roll for combat doctrine?

>subtle Nurgle cultists
I would imagine guys in full hazmats or voidsuits completely sealed. Keeping everything they carry contained. They only share their blessings when the time is right.

Something like this?

Rolling with the theming of WWI gas troopers and that they're enemies of Kriegers, they're Trench Warfare Foot Soldiers.

Wanna roll for rites and observances?

pretty much, maybe plus flak jacket

Bloated, rotten, and leaking parts?

I'm still leaning towards the overtly Nurgle gas mask troopers that mentioned.

Using stuff from the Heretical Cult tables?

>using stuff from the Heretical Cult tables?

Yeah man. We also still have to roll for homeworld too.

Also I agree, these guys should be the dead bodies in the trenches the army

They have one, of sorts. We have a Dead World Training World with an asteroid field around it that serves as our headquarters. Someone suggested the world was partially destroyed, resulting in the asteroids.

Nope, their point is to be subtle / stealthy, they need to keep appearance of wearing the protective gear out of habit, much like Kriegers do, and look perfectly normal on the outside.

I dunno, a warband made of chemical war and constant bombardment body horror sounds cool

Why be subtle when we can fill their trenches with toxins and viruses, spreading the gifts if Nurgle to the unconverted.

Just skimmed the thread. I'm getting a real Ghost People vibe from these guys, as in, dudes trapped into their environment suits by some sort of toxic, corrosive gas.

This. This so much.

The Ghost People were awesome in NV. I loved them.

Completely forgot about those guys when I started this. Probably my favorite part of the DLC. Certainly made up for the damn radios.

That was the one with Dean Domino, right? I liked dean domino

>Ignored the hologram guy's message about the Ghost People's survivability
>Down one without any dismemberment
>get mauled a few moments later
>mfw
honestly I shouldn't have gone in there at level 5, but it's still probably my favorite of the 4

We',be apparently got Virulent Scions for the name for the group, what about the dead world?

We don't have to go with that name.

Given their propensity for stealth and affiliation with Nurgle, maybe there's something to be had for combining the ideas of ghosts and sickness, like "Scourge Wraiths" or something else that could capture the idea that these guys are like the Black Death--unseen yet completely thorough in their killing of everything in their path.

I like the Plague Wraiths more than Virulent Scions, but still wondering what to do for the Dead World. Should we keep with the Plague naming there or go a different route?