youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XYFdldfYEJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been working on this off and on for about three and a half years (mostly off, obviously.) It's going to be a photo board for Dystopian Wars models when it's finished, but now that I'm finally down to the painting stage my airbrush is crapping out on me. Anybody have experience with Grex or Harder and Steenbeck units?

Trying to decide whether to do the decorative wings on the rear of the bike with white like on the front or maintain the stone color.

Also I tried painting a bike's monitor screen for the first time, did I do it right?

Transition very stark, try glazing your intermediate green (Warpstone?) onto the bright green at the border. Don't be afraid to mix to get the right results.

sounds good, I'll give it a try - thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with this fella. Since he's the most complex, the rest of my bikers will be downhill to paint from here.

The start of a long project, the first of my tanks bits. It's a bitch trying to find wheels and track covers.

Bear the Word, brothers.

H-How long has this 'Emma' been holding Saint Duncan hostage and stealing his how to paint submissions....

>no script
>dirty axe

C'mon son

Not bad at all, nice weathering on the legs, but the axe and the eyes are a tad weird and thick. The green of the axe was not a good choice of color imo, makes it weird with the whole of the model. Some dark iron would have been better I believe.
The eyes could do with a glaze or at least a tiny dot of white.
Since you want to do them blue, I suggest you read the guide to paint space marines that is in the OP, particularly the Raven Guard part. They have blue eyes as well IIRC, so you can just replicate the method.
Highlights on the inside of the blade of the axe, near the shaft are a wee bit too thick. Migjt be the picture but it seems like almost all the edges of your model are pretty rough. Is it a recast?

Overall, not bad at all, it's just that such a close up make those bad details pop up a lot. Hope that helps.

5 months now, who cares?

DIVERSITY QUOTAS

GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD FOR ME, EQUALITYYYYYYYYYYYY

I do, she can't paint for shit

Post your stuff then buddy.

Hey guys, I'd like to start working on a very easy table: a green rug and a few hills, rocks and trees. Where could I find a green mat about the size of GW's former one? I only seem to find ones about 1x0.75m or huge 3x1m ones...

How the fuck is that relevant to anything? Like we can't objectively call her bad at her job without being as good a painter as her somehow?

Even if she had skills like Rembrandt, I still wouldn't be able to sit through an entire video of hers on the basis that she is extremely annoying to listen to.

That argument I can understand. Objectively, I prefer to listen to Duncan, but someone calling someone else bad when he's not as good as the other is just hypocritical.
And ffs, is it so hard to understand that maybe Duncan wants to be left alone a bit and paint whatever the hell he wantsnto, and not do tutorials all the time? Shit takes time yo.

Yeah, but why THIS sea-cow? It smacks of diversity quotas and feminism.

>someone calling someone else bad when he's not as good as the other is just hypocritical.

This logic.

How much is GW paying you?

> Tu Quoque

Every time. Every thread.

From what we've seen she's been helping him for quite some time now. She was probably behind the camera beforehand and offered or was offered to do some stuff as well. Why would she turn it down? It's a nice experience for someone to have to do something in front of a camera semi-professionally.
Also, chill out dude, putting one woman in the hobby is not blatant crazy 3rd wave feminism. There are some rare female creatures that are into painting tiny plastic soldiers, just like men.

Well shit, I don't know about you, but if someone does my job better than me, I'm not gonna go "Ha! Look at everything you still did wrong!" But rather "Damn, let's see how that person did to try do a bit closer to that quality of work next time."

A warlord titan and a half for every thread where I defend our glorious feminist figure. I have express instructions to shove feminism down your cis scum throats and tell you that sisters are never coming back, you rapists. Please GW, I just want plastic nuns with guns ;_;

You'll notice that I didn't say he was shit at painting. I invited him to prove that hz was better than her. As I explained above, I belive saying someone's shit at something when you're not capable of attaining half the result the criticised get to, is a tad hypocritical. Just my humble opinion though.

The ability of the critic means nothing, just their ability to vocalise it. It's simply a personal attack, i.e. ad homniem tu quoque. You could easily have asked why he didn't consider her to be a good painter, but instead you went for an off topic attack on his character. Even if he were shit at painting, worse than the target of his criticism, it would literally mean nothing if the critique itself was sound.

Your position is basically a red herring.

>putting one woman in charge of being the face of your company is not blatant crazy 3rd wave feminism

Right, because the vast majority of people playing, collecting, painting and watching these videos is female.

Well, first try with my chaos star stencils.

Mmm you're right.

Then tell me, other user, why is she a bad painter in your eyes?

Why would it be? Are you saying you can't put any woman in any position where they can be seen?
Again, maybe Duncan was just happy to have more time for other stuff, simple as that.

So it's JUST a coincidence that they chose an obese half-chink woman with a downsey face and an annoying voice to be the new face of the company? Just like the new London mayor immediately removing whitey from places of power and painting ALLAH IS THE BEST over the entire public transport system?

They could have gotten someone with a better voice or just give her a voice over and keep her off camera, but no, that would not have been a big enough fuck you to the customer base.

So if it was a great 10/10 woman you wouldn't say anything? Sounds about right.

Are you fucking stupid or just incapable of reading?

ANNOYING

VOICE

>an obese half-chink woman with a downsey face
I don't know you tell me.

It's insult to injury. They couldn't even use someone British. I'm not listening to a 55 minute tutorial by someone with an annoying voice.

Love the look of that Megaboss I must say.

Weird.

You know, he's also just some bits away from being completely usable in 40k.

>Bloodletter head

Wat? I thought daemons disappear after death.

Same here I must admit.

What colours should I add to these Red Talons?

If you've seen these on an earlier thread, my bad, couldn't get to my minis for a week

Start with the dawnstone grey trims and maybe boltgun + silver the pack harnass I'd say.

Red talons are pretty much mono color so don't go overboard I say

>Implying

Its the same with the chaos rhino back when necrons phase out rule was still in effect. The rhino had a necron head mounted on its spikes. According to fluff there shouldn't have been any trace of the necrons corpses after a battle.

Necrons iirc break down eventually after getting destroyed often enough. I don't know which era that fluff was from though.

Working on my Hell Talon at the moment. A horrible build with an equally horrible fit. But a great model.

>Dat spidering on the left
5-10 psi, dude.

Filthy recasts, nigga.

Both mine are H&S, whats the problem?
Might need to know about your;
Airbrush
type of Compressor
choice of thinner
choice of paint

How do you know that is a recast?

Airbrush inside. The direct sunlight will cause you problems.
Also make sure your psi is between 15 and 20, just enough to get the paint moving and spray directly at the stencil to avoid bleeding.

It's too sharp around the edges and angles, whereas most legit FW has smoother edges.

I've worked a lot with both, and a proper paintjob mostly hides the fact it's recast, unless the pic is zoomed in like this one is.

Interesting thanks. I pretty much stick to gw plastic so I wouldn't know. Still I have a lingering dream of one day starting a Krieg army so information like this is useful to me.

Ah so I was right in

Several models have had cut off daemon heads, the old wulfen for instance had one of them running around with a daemonette head in hand.

I love the look of the metal.

Alright, Veeky Forums, I'm looking to make one mean mother of a chaos lord, or daemon prince, dedicated to Nurgle.

My main idea is to buy the new Ork Warboss model for AoS and convert the living shit out of him, replacing parts and using greenstuff, simply because of the sheer size of the mini is great!
But what makes a chaos lord look unique and great? That's what I need help with!

Ei vittu mage, Oulu. Ebin :-DDDD

The smaller the details, the more loss you'll get with recasts. Larger models like vehicles and MCs and be smoothened, but small things not so much.

Whats the best way to make welding lines?

putty

yes

>get FW airbrush paints
>lazily thrown into the box with some padding material

Okay FW,

You must be a miserable stain of a human being IRL.

nice job with the hologram interface!

Emma, chill and learn to take some criticism

>mk3 conversion
Have all my love user. Lovely work.

Hey guys I asked in possible the wrong thread, and was suggested I ask here instead.
I'm looking for a way to paint miniatures very precisely and I'm hoping there is some kind of paint alternative to some pens I used in highschool.
Basically this is what I'm looking for but for painting miniatures.
Does such a thing exist ?
Thanks in advance.

Very nice! Love the hologram!

Stop being an autist.
GW's painting tutorials are clearly intended for children.

C-children?

I'm not a child, are there any other non-child painting tutorials available??

Sorry for size, phone post.
Working on a Thunderstruck gauntlet for my knight

>thunderstruck
youtube.com/watch?v=XYFdldfYEJk

Nice conversion though. Very unnerving.

>So if it was a great 10/10 woman you wouldn't say anything? Sounds about right.

Well, you know...

And here is another angle. Still needs work on the joins
Autocorrect has never been more right.

Dude, it's a nice diddle gauntlet but for the love of god please crip your pics and clean your computer wtf.

They are fucking paints, not models, they are not gonna break you goddamn whinny bitch.

Brushes are more precise than pens. You just suck. Learn to control your brush.

But are there some kind of paint pens suitable for this like I asked ? I'd like to try that.

Okay, buddy.

I have seen freehands made with pens (which look like fucking shit). But entire models painted using pens never. Probably because they would look like shit, might as well leave them unpainted or spray paint + wash.

Posting from phone, as I mentioned before. As for cleanup, it's on the list after work.

There are no such pens, and even if they existed I doubt they'd do anything that brushes don't.
So suck it up and learn to use a brush, you autistic fuck

I've seen a guy use colored micro pens to edge highlight because he had really shaky hands. They came out alright. Not golden demin, sure. But, they were uniform and smooth.

almost 4mb for that....

the "austist" every sentence guy is back...

half of Veeky Forums use that word regularly

Put 'photo editor' into your devices app store. Pretty much every single one will let you resize pics.

Which is weird because it's not like autism is a disease in the first place and it's not like people can choose not to be autistic.

I think it's those weird movies with the magic morons like Rain Man.

holy fuck this took so long, fuck yellow as a color.
even after i based with averland sunset the yellow takes like 3 layers and 5 hours.

iam so tired.

That's why you prime white. 1-2 coats tops.

it's just the new "faggot" even though I think "faggot" is the new "faggot."

really? i thought everyone always did black undercoats

heaven forfend someone call two different things good

blah blah degeneracy blah fall of the west

glad you reactionaries are losing

>really? i thought everyone always did black undercoats

Not everyone and not always. For bright yellow, red, or white, a black undercoat would an the exception. It would certainly make your task more challenging.

Not that it *can't* work. Check out these White Scars. They were undercoated in black.

you do what is appropriate. white, black, grey, brown, cream, etc.

depends on the colour palette, cool or warm profile, etc.

brown is good for yellow.
grey is good for red.
etc.

I always prime white. Anything else is honestly just going to waste slightly more time. It's easier to paint black over white than the reverse.

Always is a very, very dirty word here.

I recommend picking your priemr based on what you itnend to put over it.

And with substantial amounts of yellow, that would probably end up being white. I've yet to get the masochistic urge to paint such a colour scheme though.

I'd like to merchandise her bebes

It baffles me that FW just throws all miniature parts into a plastic bag and lets the parts rub against each other during handling. Sure, the shipping box might be padded against external bumps but it doesn't stop details from scraping away at each other.