Ok this is bothering me a lot

Ok this is bothering me a lot.

I was looking up cards so I could know the best rank of them after seeing them on Rugrats cuz it struck me I know what cards beat what, I'd never seen them in order of hands.

Now can a royal flush have different suits? As in can it have hearts and diamonds and A K Q J 10 ? Or does it all have to be one suit, like in the picture?

Because for a regular flush, it's just black or red. If so, why the change from just black to just one suit? to make it harder?

Is there a difference between Royal Flush? And Royal Straight Flush?

>Because for a regular flush, it's just black or red

Wrong.

You seem to be confused about what a flush is. A flush is not just the same color, but they must all be the same suit.

"Flush" means all the same suit. ALL.

"Straight" Means in an order like 2,3,4,5,6 or whatever.

A straight flush means it must be both. And a Royal Flush is just the highest ranking Straight Flush, made up of the 10, J, Q, K, A of a single suit. So,

>Now can a royal flush have different suits?
No. That's just a Straight.

>Because for a regular flush, it's just black or red.
Wrong. They must be the same SUIT. Mere color isn't enough, in any poker hand. There was no "change", black and red mean absolutely nothing in poker.

>Is there a difference between Royal Flush? And Royal Straight Flush?
No, like I said, that's just what a Royal Flush is, the highest ranking Straight Flush.

>Rugrats
I... I can't get baited right now. I need to sleep

What wins out of a royal flush of spades vs a royal flush of hearts?

Draw
Source: I'm a government licensed professional gambler

It's a tie. Suits have no impact on anything except whether or not a set of five cards is or is not a flush.

Unless you need a gun.

High card.

Well, yes, but a fifth ace would be just as bad no matter what the suit.

In almost all games you split the pot, but I think there's some weird poker variants where the suits have ranks themselves.

I don't think anybody plays those anymore, though.

Royal Flushes are, by definition, 10-A

When I was taught poker in Boy Scouts, of course I was told that the 'strength' of suits was hearts-clubs-diamonds-spades, increasing.

That isn't the case, user. At least not in any of the commonly played variants.

That sounds more like 500, except I think that is hearts>diamonds>spades>clubs.

Now I just want to play Hearts.

That's a fun game to gamble on.

A Royal Flush isn't even a distinct hand from a Straight Flush.

That's like giving four aces a distinct name from Four of a Kind.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who's annoyed by this.

I guess that a "royal flush" is the highest possible hand, but if that were the case we should have a name for "ace two three four six off-suit", since it's the lowest possible hand

Royal Flush sounds kinda cooler than ace-high flush, and a lot of gamblers don't need any more reason than that to nickname something.

>but if that were the case we should have a name for "ace two three four six off-suit", since it's the lowest possible hand
Toilet flush

>ace high is the lowest possible hand
2 3 4 5 7 off-suit

>Toilet flush
I am okay with this.

In bridge the strength of cards is clubs weakest then diamonds, hearts then spades strongest

>in bridge
Who gives a shit?

A Royal Flush is by definition a A-K-Q-J-10 Straight Flush

2 3 4 5 7 off-suit is called "The Nuts" or "The Wheel" according to Wikipedia, but "Toilet Flush" sounds perfect

>"The Nuts"
That term is used in TCGs to mean "god hand" so I don't care for it.

>"The Wheel"
That one makes sense, but isn't as good as Toilet Flush.

This may be a regional thing, but "the nuts" is usually the strongest hand you can build off of what's on the board. If there are four diamonds on the river and you're holding the ace of diamonds, you've got the nuts.

Royal Flush must be 10 J Q K A of the same suit. A flush is 5 cards the the same suit, a straight is 5 cards in a row, a Royal Flush is just those two combined.

Royal Flush = Royal Straight Flush (never heard it said that way before, but they're the same thing)

The reason it's called something else is because it's the highest cards a straight flush can possibly have. This makes it the ultimate winner in cards, since a straight flush is the best hand you can get. Mechanically, it's just a straight flush, but it gets a special name because it's the best of the best.

if your confusion stems from the question of can a royal flush be either spades, hearts, clubs, or diamonds, or can it only be spades, the answer is it can be any one of those four. It's just most commonly shown in spades because spades is the go to suit for cards i guess.

Probably because, as we've established, spades is the highest suit in games that care about suits.

It's also the suit that gets the fancy ace.

Do I have bofa with this hand?

I'm fucking retarded, sorry.