Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why aren't you playing a shota foxboi kitsune Magical Child vigilante with Companion to the Lonely?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoLhLn9hVkE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJ3d7-9wS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for incarnum!

>Magical Child vigilante with Companion to the Lonely
>Magical Girl roaming the streets, hiding her real identity, giving 'aid' to homeless men to boost her power reserves

This is literally a doujin plot

>Why aren't you playing a shota foxboi kitsune Magical Child vigilante with Companion to the Lonely?
Because my kitsune are based off the foxlings in Shining Force.

Handle Animal takes a move action unless you've got the animal companion class feature. It doesn't help you save a move action by just riding an animal, nor does the skill unlock give it to you as free.
You still need to spend a move action making the mount move in the way you like. A DM could fiat a smarter creature only requiring a verbal command, but at least for animals and magical beasts it doesn't apply.

Because all the animalistic races in my world are hengeyokai or the children of them

>Companion to the Lonely
What is that?

>tfw Riven Hourglass
youtube.com/watch?v=GoLhLn9hVkE

Because this is the GM's first time running pathfinder, so he limited us to CRB stuff, and the game isn't even going to start for a couple more weeks.

Although my party seems to be interesting, as far as backstories go.
From what I can tell the party as it stands is this:
>Dragonblood Sorcerer, something about draconic destiny, I'm not sure, the player is REALLY into Fairy Tail
>Druid which doesn't even have a backstory yet, but it's looking like it'll be a half-assed "Left in the woods as a child, yet speaks common for some fucking reason" thing
>A divine being, the embodiment of water, youngest of the four brothers tasked with looking after a world, bestowed some power on a mortal, who went insane due to getting a shitload of power, the divine being got punished and sealed by their brothers into a mortal form to learn about being mortal or something
>Cowardly wizard, son of a couple of merchants who managed to get their hands on a small library's work of books somehow, and the madman actually read them all.

Bear in mind we are all level 1.
As a fun aside, guess which one is my character and how good do you think the backstory for each one is?
Obviously I shortened them for convenience/I wasn't paying attention when they were talking about it.

So lately my character died (mainly because I chose to let him into an impossible situation, since the DM can't handle his damage output).

I've been looking at Warlock but dealing 1d6+3 per attack is beyond depressing at level 7.

Is there any interesting classes at level 7 which are beyond just racking up pure damage? 3pp probably allowed. No multiclassing or PrC, if possible.

What role do you want?

Why can't there ever be a normal thread topic?

Something mechanically varied, without too much game breaking potential, since I'm playing with three newbies and a veteran player who has the worst luck ever.

Jesus, that, and the enchanting courtesan.
The book is legit lewd.

A Psion can be fun.

Enchanting Courtesan?

You say that as if it's a reason against, not for this course of action.

The lewdest PrC ever.

It's a PrC whose level 10 capstone is an At-will, Ex-type Orgasm Touch

You can make people orgasm as a standard action. As often as you want. with a single touch.

Eh, are you opposed to being a bard or skald on personal reasons?

Both are jacks of all trades (the bard especially so), can be decent to good in combat, usually do not break the game and can make other classes look even better. Also, if the newbies are not used to speaking much and shy away from the sportlight, you can be a great party face.

Play a Warder with Black Seraph/Eternal Guardian Focus. Setup big threatened areas and Black Seraph's Glare+Circle of Razor feathers for easy AoE debuffing.

Because fuck you that's why

...what class would you even go into it with?

It asks for social skills and enchantment but it's stuff is mostly Wis-based. Bard feels fluffy but lacks the Wis support and would lose the most in actual class features.

Most Wis Casters lack the sort of enchantments needed to really take advantage of it.

Nah, males look like this.

Hmm, you might make a point.
I keep forgetting that bards and skalds exist, somehow.

I didn't think of them as we barely have any direct damagers. We have a healbot oracle, a (really badly optimized) soulknife, a (really badly optimized) fey adept from SoP, and a medium, which means most songs are useless.

But you might make a point. Any interesting archetypes I can consider?

Huh, PoW classes, huh?
I don't really like Warder much, mainly because it skewers things a little bit to the powerful side, and bad memories that involved a minmaxing motherfucker who took all fun out of every encounter, but I may give them a look again.

But why is the capstone Wisdom-based?

Hot.

Inquisitor of Calistria.

Psion? Hmmm, I've never really considered a psionic class, really.

How good are they? Or are they just wizard 2.0?

Tier 2.
Similar to sorcerer in both power level and how it's played, except less options (smaller spell list, less spells known), but more versatility in application of those options (mana instead of vancian, also, augments are fun).
Just make sure to learn all the mechanics like psionic focus correctly and not misapply them.

Just in case:
Inquisitors of Calistria get suggestion as a fourth level spell according to deity-based unique spell rules.
Also, the conversion inquisition lets you apply wis mod to bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate, making cha unnecessary.

Deity-based unique spell rules?

You can see them in Inner Sea Gods or look them up on Archives of Nethys.
Here's that they have for Calistria:
Unique Spell Rules
Source Inner Sea Gods pg. 35

Cleric
Rage can be prepared as a 3rd-level spell
Suggestion can be prepared as a 4th-level spell [those with the Charm domain have access to it earlier]

Inquisitor
Rage can be prepared as a 3rd-level spell
Suggestion can be prepared as a 4th-level spell [those with the Charm domain have access to it earlier]

Any archetype that has good buffing can work. Soulknives and mediums tend to usually be warriors (mediums often favor champion for combat or archmage for support) and inspire courage can make up for poor optimization. If you want to be a decent warrior yourself, the arcane duelist archetype deserves mention (although you do lose some of the skill support). The standard bard is okay, and I am a fan of the thundercaller for a pinch of damage through spell-likes via performance. There are other depending on what you like. I am not familiar with the SoP, though, do you have someone to cover the skulk/rogue role? If not, you might want to take over that.

It's a full caster PrC, bro.

Cleric, then. Works even better.

It seems surprisingly wisdom based. Lots of sense motive and perception stuff.

After getting psychic reformation they climb on the bottom of the first tier.

I'm just used to psychic reformation being banned.

Dude, it staggers even on a passed save. You don't NEED to be able to make people fail.

Being staggered is still enough to use standard and swift actions.

God help you if you stagger a caster or an initiator.

Does Cleric get a way to get +Wis to social skills?

>Clerics can now trade the worthless as fuck channel energy in exchange for wis scaling hexes
Oh happy days

Wait, what? Jesus Christ that's amazing.

That sounds dangerous.

Thanks for the recommendations.
A bard can take over the rogue role just fine, yes?

Conversion inquisition.

What archetype is that?

Clerics can take Inquisitions?

Inquisitons are mechanically domains without spells.
Common sense says any class with domains can take them, if they don't mind the "you won't get spells" part.

That's sad.

Any class or archetype that gets a domain as class feature can take a inquisition instead.

While we're here is there any other good bard archetypes?
Also the medium can't direct combat for shit.

It's specifically stated that other things that get Domains can take Inquisitions, its just that Inquisitions don't have spells with them, so they're generally a lesser option.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJ3d7-9wS0

>psychic reformation being banned.
But why?

Because it's broken as fuck?

You don't get to just rebuild your entire character on the fly.

You can change:
1) Skills
2) Feats
3) Spells and powers
It is not looking like ENTIRE character.

Is there any good artificer conversions for pathfinder?

So /pfg/, can we discuss just how fucking good the Abeyance Blood Hex is? Too bad the rest of them aren't anywhere near as good.

What do they get at levels 1-2?

Eh, they don't get any particularly nasty hexes.

For something like a Psion? It may as well be.

>Why aren't you playing a shota foxboi kitsune Magical Child vigilante with Companion to the Lonely?
Because I'm not a ridiculous faggot.

New trap option? New trap option!

> still 1/2 BAB
> still use CON to damage
> No Composite Blast
> No metakinesis
> No gather power
> No Infusion Specialization

This mean you have to spend 1st level spell to shoot at 120ft or spend 4th level spell to do a pseudo-fire ball that do less damage 7d6+1/2 CON.

Might be worth it for Singularity + Black Tentacle though.

If my players are level 3 and I face them off against a CR 4 necrocraft with grab and burrow (to grab singled out enemies underground), how likely will they handle it?
I love the idea, but am afraid of killing them.

Say a stargate was discovered on an alternate earth and one of the connecting points is Golarion
The forces from earth send a relatively large armed squad with hostile intentions, how much of Golarion might be taken over by them?
Presume special ops training and a ten person squad

I think they retards who only act in 6-second intervals don't stand a chance against actual soldiers.

Fucking enchanting courtesan.
I'm now barely holding back from spilling my Magical Realm while DM'ing.
I already thought of a backstory for the character and how to inject her into the adventure and am currently working on a character sheet. Fuck my life.

>what is abstraction

Pathfinder PCs can do a lot more in 6 seconds than normal people.

>Morale bonus based on if you've had sex in the past 24 hours, bonus determined by your or their Charisma
>Enchanting Courtesan class with abilities keyed around pleasure and guile
>Geisha class
>Dressing up as scullery maids is now not only possible, but mechanically encouraged

Why is Ultimate Intrigue so lewd?

So can marines. Or whatever they were in Stargate. Airforce... soldier... guys? They had P90s and you can unload a lot of that into some dumb martials before you learn to always kill the casters.

>at-will touch of endless orgasms
I wouldn't believe this shit if I didn't read it myself.

I'm really into the Form of the Dragon, Beast shape and Monstrous physique spells but casting it as a 1/2 BAB Wizard is kinda lame.

What other 1pp classes can I roll to specialize in this spell and still retain full casting.

Eldritch Knight if you're into CRB. You lose out on only one level of spellcasting, which ain't that bad with the magical knack trait.

Anyone has that one user Sniper Vigilante Stalker build? The one that attack from 2400ft or something.

Pretty well, you have less backstabbing and more face options, and of course you have 6 levels of spells. A few archetypes (Sandman, Detective, Archeologist) do it particularly well, but they modify inspire courage (the sandman gets an enemy debuff/spellthief trick, the detective throws a long-duration skill buff, and the archeologist has a personal buff).

Speaking of support, an alchemist or investigator with the infusion discovery is also a very decent rogue replacement with some support options.

It isn´t great, but you are still a level 9 caster, and if I read it right you just get an at-will elemental attack. I am not very clear on one thing, though - do you only spend slots instead of taking burn for infusions that require it, or do you always have to spend slots for any infusion?

In the meantime, you can throw around some mediocre energy attacks whenever you feel like it. Considering that most witches are sort of low on direct damage, it is an option if you want to hedge your bets. It isn´t good, but in the end the character is still a full caster.

Brownfur-transmuter? Use it on your party martials.
Or be Sylvan Sorcerer and use it on your Animal Companion.

It replace all your Hexes. That make you a lot weaker than standard witch.

For the second point, despite the name "Spellburn" the ability doesn't even interact with Infusion's burn at all (it's infusion's effective spell level). So I was wrong about pseudo-Fireball thing... It's a 7th-level infusion, so you have to sacrificed a 7th-level spell, not 4th-level.

Alternatively, Rubato also exist. They're the initiator bards. Much better at direct damage,though a handful of their abilities are wasted if the party has no other maneuver users.

If you really want to go for high direct damage, Warsoul's actually spectacular built right. Especially for range...

So like Kineticist it's a good class to throw on an NPC/boss enemy encounter?

Well it could be fun since you are still tier-1. You can be a true Magical Girl with familiar and laser.

so as long as you're fucking partymembers you'll always max morale?

but GODDAMN JJ, that class. what the hell man.

Stargate, the cast was mostly air-force. The P-90s.
Goa'uld shields were immune to bullets, but you could just impale the fucker with a throwing-knife or lob a grenade in there since it basically only worked against things the speed of bullets or directed energy.

Because I'm playing the antago ist to that shota magical child's story: A young adult kitsune sorcerer focused on enchantments.

I sure hope that shota has a good will save, or at least a high CON score.

m o f u
o
f
u

Say we were forced to be VMC, and we'll probably never go past level 10-11. We start at 5th.

What are solid options for a character NOT focused on charisma that aren't "3+CHA a day you can do a ray/meleetouch that does 1d6 plus a whole CHA to one target, aren't you awesome!" ?

I'm mostly thinking passives or the like so I never have to think of what I've lost.

>so as long as you're fucking partymembers you'll always max morale?

Yup, and you can even do it in your alter ego's kinky outfit!

Because I'm playing a Reptoid Cleric of Bokrug.

>kill the casters.
Greater Invisibility and Wall of Wind would like to have a chat with you.

Cyclonic would like to have a chat with you.

>everyone focused on the Witch archetype
>nobody talking about bloodline mutation system

Why play a kineticist-lite when you can just be a sorcerer?

Arrows and bolts are deflected upward and miss, while any other normal ranged weapon passing through the wall has a 30% miss chance.

Bullets are neither arrows nor bolts.
30% miss chance isn't that bad for automatic rifles.
As for greater invisibility, infrared vision devices exist.

Why should or shouldn't I run an E6 game for my players?

Cyclonic ammo, shoot this fucker flying away even behind a Wind Wall.

Whats the closest 1pp class to the eversor and why is it the beastform alchemist?

>Always jacked up on drugs
>Claws peoples faces off
>Access to lots and lots of explosives

>As for greater invisibility, infrared vision devices exist.
Too bad they don't do jackshit against invisibility.

Nuh-uh.
Spells like Permanent Image clearly specify Visual and Thermal elements as different from the perspective of magic.
Invisibility covers up only Visual stuff, while infrared looks at Thermal in these terms.

Permanent Image, not Invisibility.

By RAW, Infrared don't work.

Invisibility only covers up Visual signs of a creature's presence, but not Thermal ones. That's RAW for you, bro.

Invisibility covers all forms of vision, including infravision.