Guys, be honest. Would you game with anyone from Veeky Forums?

Guys, be honest. Would you game with anyone from Veeky Forums?

I found my gaming group on /v/, so sure.

I would play with you, user.

You all give me the fucking creeps

So yeah.

Depends on what they're like after I meet them irl. Not being able to show up at a meeting place within 15 minutes of my apartment is an automatic disqualification.

The best roleplayers I ever made friends with, I found on an ERP forum.

Sadly, they're actually magnitudes better about keeping their magical realms in their pants when it's time for a serious game than most of the anime/videogame crowd, and even some "normal" people I've invited to stuff I've hosted online.

I prefer gamers who actually play games.

I found a cool gaming group through the thread finder. The only thing preventing me from runnning a game is my fear of fucking up because I'm not a native english speaker, otherwise I'd be glad to.

Everyone I play with also browses Veeky Forums

So, yes

Most of my games recently have been with sup/tg/ nerds, so yeah.

You can run a game as a non-native, even if it's sluggish at first, and eventually it turns into a nice exercise in fluency.

I mean, how self-loathing was I feeling at the moment?

Yes. I wish half my players got half as into roleplaying their character as some of the posters here.

You're posting on Veeky Forums, so at least six out of ten an heroes.

I dunno man, pace is essential, and I wouldn't want to slow things down every time I have to ask someone to repeat themselves. It's tempting though. I might give it a try when I'm done with my current stuff.

I play with folk from /mlp/ and they seem pretty chill. How bad can Fa/tg/uys Possibly be?

I had the same worries but things turned out pretty nice. It's worth trying.

I'll give it a shot then, thanks for the advice.

I run a pretty successful group of people found on Gamefinder threads. The trick is to just know when to cull the shitty people

Depends on the setting

How and when do you do this "culling".

When they start to be a problem. Preferably within the first few weeks after bringing them into the fold, it can get awkward if it's longer than that.

I would and I have.

I had sex with a trap from here and we played Magic before we did it, does that count?

Damnit I lost the pic I had saved about how one of my friends tried gamefinder and wound up in NOT!Hogwards with someone's futa and the dmpc fucking loudly and describing everything over voice. The one that ended with "I had a crush on you" from the dm.

That pic sums up my views.

I already do. I'm lucky that the GM and the 5 other guys are probably the best of what Veeky Forums has to offer.

No, probably not.
Some funny memes here, but I mostly play just with people I am already friends with. Also, there's a lot of TG that are too creepy, too /pol, or too "purist" when it comes to the canon of various settings.
Actually, scratch that. There's a lot of really impressive model work on here, so I *would* play a wargame with a tg guy with little hesitation, but I probably *wouldn't* play an rpg with someone I met through this board without some hesitation.

What I've noticed is that my best and worst groups had a high percentage of Veeky Forums players. There's rather little in between.

Some of you, sure. Not many, but some.

The three separate groups that I play with most online have all been pulled from Veeky Forums as a grand majority, so yes.

This guy sums up my feelings too. A wargame, yes, but not an rpg.

No. I actively avoid other Veeky Forums browsers, and will generaly go out of my way to kill players in online games that I know are part of Veeky Forums guilds. I don't hate on people who are cool, and later find out they are channers. However if the first thing you say is in regards to this site, you are probably a meme spewer.

No, because:
Im queer, i'm a feminist, I'm anti-racist, I don't like 40k, MTG, or optimization-obsessed play in my RPGs.

>No, because:
>I belong on tumblr, not Veeky Forums
FTFY

Yeah sure.

Then why are you on Veeky Forums, you fucking degenerate?

Eh, not everyone here is terrible, I just question the odds of finding a decent Veeky Forumser in the wild. Regardless, I find good content here, even if I'm not an autistic white-pride-spewing MRA hikikomori

It's really easy to find if the Veeky Forums player is worth playing with.

Ask them their opinion on Pathfinder, if they use the words "tier," "OP," or "supremacy" then they're an antisocial shitlord 100% of the time.

cuz fuck you

>The trick is to just know when to cull the shitty people
>cull the shitty people

This one hundred thousand times. I know lots of great RPers on Veeky Forums. The only time I have seen Veeky Forums games fail is when the GM is a spineless doormat niceguy that lets one player ruin the game for four great players.

story?

Honestly, I really want to play a have with a heavy, neckbeard, metagame edge lord. Because all the best stories have one.

Yeah, some of you guys are pretty cool. The important thing would be making sure we agree on the game and tone first.

Can and have! Mixed bag. Biggest problem is just flakes, but I've been guilty of that myself for assorted reasons, folks have lives.

I have gamed with a few people on Veeky Forums, and they were pretty good overall. I think I'd enjoy playing with them more than the groups at my college - half newbies, half people who crunched numbers on websites, and first time DMs with the idea of roleplaying barely being brought up.

What if someone won't say those words because they know they trigger you?

>mfw a guy I played Pathfinder with complained that monks were OP and wizards were useless until 8th level
>he was a wizard and by 4th level he was knocking out just about everything we came in contact with and making fights unfun 'hit the things that won't hit back'

You mean they are socially adept and avoid saying retarded things that normal people know are untrue and unimportant? It sounds like it works perfectly.

In my experience Veeky Forums is both the most friendly and the most educated board, so if I had to play with people from any board it'd be Veeky Forums. /a/ a distant second.

Veeky Forums also happens to be the most normalfag board though

Yes.

Because my grief with Pathfinder is caster supremacy so I will inevitabily use that word when you ask me about my opinion about it. But if I know that you dislike the use of that word, I'll avoid saying it of course. And I'm sure there are a lot of other people that will do the same.

Some of my current group browse Veeky Forums. I don't think we knew for sure each other were fa/tg/uys, but I at least, suspected (I'm sure they suspected me too. I'm actually the weirder one, so...).

In any case, I think we're pretty good friends now, and the games have been really fun.

You're assuming that you know that normal human beings dislike the use of buzzwords.

And once again, self-control is indicative of some kind of social proficiency.

I'd argue it's not normalcy, but a veneer of it that's been gained from years of basically amateur acting. I'd far rather that than /r9k/ and its madness.

Though I would also argue that people should browse other boards more instead of isolating themselves from the wider community of Veeky Forums. Isolation and stagnancy is akin to death more than any influx of newfaggotry.

I would just advise you to tell someone if you have a gripe with some words, to give them a chance to avoid using those words.

Correcting people will also show you their true colors: if they reject your correction, they are stupid and you shouldn't waste time with them.

My advice is this: tell people if you have a problem with something, before assuming that they are a shitlord.

>I would just advise you to tell someone if you have a gripe with some words
That's not the point? It's not about having a problem with "words," it's just a simple way to identify obvious social flaws that would be detrimental to a social event with a person.

I'd probably be a bit more thorough than usual with the vetting process, but other than that, sure, why not.

What if they don't know threefinder at all?

i would in a heartbeat, there's a lot of you who speak of wonderful times and amazing games. I want to try one.

>only I decide who gets to be here
>somehow I've decided I'm special

I wish people would fuck off with this attitude.

And we all wish you would fuck off period, tumblrina.

I'm a different poster, dumbass.

Lol, damage-control on an anonymous image-board.

I was still right in calling you tumblrina.

Three (not counting me) of my five person group are fa/tg/uys, with the lone normie being another player's girlfriend, who browses /cgl/

Might be starting up with another group too.

I'm sorry I triggered you by saying you weren't special, user.

>not taking pride in one's normalcy
Cry me a river, whore.

Nope.

A lot of people would probably love to be a part of the All-Guardsmen Party.

I've tried it three times.One had party PvP in the first session for literally no reason other than the knight being noble and turning away a gift of 10 gold from an old man be helped (it was a kingmaker/settlement game and everyone started with 1000 gold). I was the knight that time and was literally attacked by players who wanted to kill my character for turning down pocket change from a poor old guy who actually probably needed it.

The second time I was DM to a group of people who refused to talk other than in combat in a social game. Including two characters who joined a crew despite being lone wolves who hate working with other people. It was the most awkward time I have ever had on an online tabletop game. And the third time I quit before we started because I gave out a PDF for setting information, specifically told them not to make characters based off of it because it was imbalanced as fuck and I wasn't going to use it for anything other than setting info, and they proceeded to make characters based on rules solely within that PDF.

I've been playing with dudes from Veeky Forums for quite some time now. They're level headed and wonderful people.

I love you Joseph, Ed, and Roberto.
Get fucked,Donn.

-1Str/10

I remember that, lemme check my images.

I would cut off my pinky and eat it if it meant that I could play with Shoggy's GM (or someone like him) for the rest of my life.

Alright, it's a long shot but here goes, is there any gaming groups located in Orange County? I'm from 714/949 area, me and my lady friend are looking for people to play with. We always buy board games but have really no one to play with other than family parties playing fucking munchkin. We just recently bought Eldritch Horror, Dead of Winter and that kickstarter Ghostbusters game. We'll even be down for DnD. Will check thread for replies.

In my experience, those words have nothing to do with being a shitlord or not, is my point.

You should be more scared of becoming the perma-GM.

I'd love to play with you guys, even though it meant I had to watch what I posted on here.

Also I want to prove to you that not all fa/tg/irls are awful hambeast drama queens like the threads suggest

I found all my friends on an ERP forum, we've been playing tabletop games together for over five years.

Do you prefer DG or EGG?

I have no idea what those mean. We haven't really kept up with the community we came from given it became cancer.

I think by now a lot of us native speakers are so used to listening to non-native speakers stumble through our language already that it's not as big of a deal as you think it is.

But I mean I don't know the perspective of everyone ever so I could be wrong.

also It's how I worked on my speaking skills in Spanish.

I'm a big fucking furry and I've never played a furry character in a P&P or brought up my magical realm, because I know nobody wants that shit.

Furry isn't hte problem, the problem is the autism, which most furries have.

>Though I would also argue that people should browse other boards more instead of isolating themselves from the wider community of Veeky Forums.

Why would I ever want to experience that?

but are you a qt hambeast?

I would if they lived nearby.

I'd game with anyone if they lived nearby :(

Tfw no one to TTRPG or WH40k with basically.

>we all
> Me, alone with my dick in my hands,

No. Veeky Forums can't have any fun. And clearly can't into games.

underrated post

Another non-native speaker here.

I'd like to believe you speak truth, but I've always have the feeling my companion's eyes bleed whenever my character is heavily involved in the roleplay. I thank the Dice Gods that the game is text-only and I have some time to proof-read a little when my PC is not a focal point, and that it's not a voice-only game.

>uses FTFY

Okay redditurd stop trying to fit in with the 4chaners by being an edgy faggot. We're all shit anyways.

I mean, I'm not saying it's good. I just mean it's understandable.

I was looking for a Swedish game on Roll20 for exactly this purpose. I failed thoroughly at finding one.

Damn swedes and their english fluency.

I'd love to, but no.
I'm an annoying person, and I can't remember rules for shit. They would feel like they were babysitting me the whole time.

I wish I just wish I had someone to play with

Are you a nice person?

Yeah.

It seems people who can ERP or have another outlet for their fap material are more adept at keeping it separate from proper games.

Probably that's also how they can make stuff that might be magical realm seem more practical because they don't focus on the lewd shit.

Fuck no.

People here are creepy weirdos who seek acceptance from story threads by hyperbolizing the shit out of everything that happens during the game to make it seem more interesting. And to boot that people cry about every system or cry about people who play their system not playing it correctly because they are the sole judge of the whole community as a whole.

Always wanted to hang out with guys from Veeky Forums again haven't done that since livestreaming movies was a thing