Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Othellan is still a clusterfuck edition

It looks like we haven't seen the last of the Vermilion Claws, I have incoming radio messages about a group of them grouping up together on the South... Good news is that the Warp Storm is clearing out! No more rain of skulls or crimson skies!

------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 2PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>staring out into the dark
>loading AP slugs into shotgun

I tell ya what...

Planed something, major?

Not really. But what's the situation around here? I don't believe I've been given the big picture...

I wonder why. Certainly not 'cause of your 'abit of wasting your time in communion with bushes and trees...

Right sir, we were attacked by a Chaos Raptors Cult, they call themselves the Vermilion Claws. Most info is restricted under inquisitorial frequency lockdowns so I don't know much. What I know is that I've heard something about Blood Angels and something they call the Black Rage... that's pretty much it, sir.

That's nice.......give me a shout when the Daemons appear.

>lazily cocks a shotgun.
>replaces the Carapace helmet that was shielding her eyes from the light.

Oh hey, sup' Gary? Short version is we came here to check out the Governor for Xeno collaborating or something and then some Asshole Marines that Sergeant Behrend and his boys apparently know appeared out of the hole in reality that also appeared.
>points at the Warp Storms with an equal amount of laziness.

Wellelsey! Good to see you are deeming us wort'y of yer time again. So, did you dispose of Laroque already?

>shrugs her shoulders.
I dunno. dealing with human traitors and Heresy is the Hereticus' job. So he's probably still around here somewhere.

Your skinny butt is about to be in communion with my belt...
>there is dried blood on his boots and fatigues

Yeah I figured that, I'm asking what the tactical situation is right now. I just got back here an hour ago.

It got boring soon after orbital bombarding these guys to the dust, do they ever give up?

Yeah but he is YOUR soldier, he was in your retinue! Didn't you even lock him up somewhere? DO I have to write a diagram to explain you why leaving him to wander around is wrong?
You know so little you would need orbital support to find the bathroom in the Penance, Gary.
Things have this 'abit of dying after being shot by a ship. It 'appens.

Well sir... we are currently regrouping, so we kind of have been given a few hours of rest before we are sent charging back into the fray.

>Prepares herself for future combat, her drone resting on her lap.
Everyone, do we have any new orders?

>Dies a little seing Xeno equipment being used so lightly.
No. Not yet. For now we are granted to relax and regroup.

Interrogator, I must speak to an astropath at once.

Ugh... where is Jackson? Needs to give her something to shut her up...

That it huh? Well maybe I oughta go out there and hunt em all down.
>starts rummaging for a camo cloak

D-do you really w-want to have any? I kinda f-feel tired.
>she glances at the drone, with very little interest apparently

Your regiment even has connections to the mighty Space Marines? Splendid!
>Writes down a note

>glances sharply at drone
>pointedly says nothing

Sir I think it would be best if we all made an organized attack when everyone was ready.

Tactical Situation is thus, we've got a few tanks and some Chimeras and some Chaos gargling shits are probably going to try and kill us soon. Good news, we're in an urban enviroment, so plenty of cover.
Bad news, the vehicles will be useless if we don't park them inside buildings, but they'll be useless anyway.

Not my concern anymore. That whole.....treason thing is sort of.....a Hereticus matter, not that it would be addressed around -here-.

Dig in and hold off the enemy assault. Other than that? Try and stay alive. Also, hi Sam.

Very well, Thunderhawk should be nearby, tell it to pick you up and then take it to the Patrol Group in orbit.
If you must, inform them that I will be -incredibly- displeased if I must come up there to clear it personally.

Spying again aight?
Silas Marr, was it? Who would this man be?

Not the reg itself, The sergeant and his brothers here is with Interrogator Alice's retinue, just as I am.

The safety of the Imperium IS your concern, "interrogator", if Orks were burning down the houses would you sit on your toes because "nuh uh me no hereticuz".

>grins
Heh heh heh...

I'm just going for some... recon. And a walk...

>continues rifling through the bins for the right texture of camo

Time to relax and regroup? Sounds good. Gonna do that then.

No, I didn´t. Just wanted to make sure. You know, since we are in this regiment...

>The drone seems to stare back.

Hi! Haven´t seem you in a while, how are you doing Ms. Wellesley?
>Stands up and begins halfheartedly looking for a shovel.

Hm? Spying? no no... I would call it making observations. I do not sneak around to listen in on an audio recording, for example. As for my master, he is relatively influential member of the Calixian Conclave.
That is still within my parameters of excellent.

Mhm.
>she nudges the drone with the tip of her rifle
Going to d-dig your grave already?

>finds a suitably dusty and ragged urban camo cloak
>puts it on

I'm available on the comms if there's a problem.

>disappears into the dark, towards the enemy lines

Uhm... what happenned with Laroque? Is he aiding another witch to escape justice again?

But you see, it's the Ordo Xenos that deals with Orks.
And no I wouldn't actually. I'd deal with the problem, just like I'd deal with this one if there wasn't a -much- bigger one diverting all my attention.........
>removes the helmet long enough to take a swig of Rotgut, then replaces it.

Just great, perfect, nothing wrong.....well there won't be -in theory- as soon as my Transport returns.

Dunno, he was at the bank or something then there was something about interrogation?

More like he kidnapped one... sort of one, whatever was going on with Amelia, but now Milady, here, has deemed 'im "not her responsibility". Since 'aving one of your man turn 'eretical is not a thing you should be worried about right? He just resisted her, acted against her orders and is now free to roam around!
And you complain about the luck of discipline in the regiment, eh...

>Dmitry & his rag-tag posse are moving crates with spray paint over tags
>the Aquilas have been left un-painted to avoid accusations of heresy
>But it seems as if they are heavy crates of...maybe credits?
>The Valhallan doctrine of hush hush is enforced here, which further arouses suspicion

Alright leaving to my job, see you in a few hours

>darting through the shadows
>spots a squad of Raptors in cover
>they're watching the regiment's position
>there is a ruined spire towering over the Raptors' position

Mhmm...
>cruel smile

>plants a few charges at spire's base
>gets to concealment
>watching the Vermillion Claws

Err... no? I was just planning on maybe digging a hole...
Takes the drone out of Mirandas reach, clearly worried more about the drone, than about herself.
Why were you asking? Do you want me to join in death?

Please don´t jinx it then.
Wait, transport. Say would itl be possible for me to transfer there?
>Looks into Corporal Eisens direction clutching her drone in her hands.

For anyone wondering, the drone is developing an selfaware AI.

S-such poetical words. T-totally wasted on me.
W-what were you going to do with that hole?

>grunts as he pushes off the rubble he was sleeping under.
wot time is it?

I fail to see why you're even whinging really. I'm simply adopting the local custom of "Allowing the Heresy to continue" that the 'local' Inquisitorial Personnel get up to.
>takes another swig of Rotgut.
I am rather confused why you actually want me to do my job.

It's possible, but it's up to you.

>rises from a pile of rubbish and liquor bottles
I have no idea.

Ah-ah-ah, your sarcasm stings soooo bad! Too bad I don't feel anything, must be some sort of mutation making my heretical skin too resistant to bullshit?
You came to this planet because that Amelia gal called you and now are you going to stop giving a fuck? Besides, Jackson may be an idiot, but he is consistent in his idiocy, while you are just being a cunt for the sake of it. The fact is, next time Laroque sabotages your plans, what are you going to do?

did you do this?
>points to his new arm all shiney and chrome.
It's real pretty this is.

>on the other side of the planet, a croissant shaped vessel breaks orbit and heads toward Gospyria

>Vermillion Claws show no signs of preparing to move

I'll probably be here a while...

>eats some spiced tyranid jerky

>Carrying a crate leaking credits

Yuo have missed out on much fun

Also yuo saw nothing, if say yuo saw me with this here crate, yuo die. Da? Okay have nice day

>Dmitry & his stormie fellows lug over the crates to a Valkyrie, the pilot looking even more scetchy than the Valhallan covert-ops stormtroopers

Oh dear. If I may, I´ll take my leave before your verbal duel can truly begin... Maybe read that book Larrs gave me. Yes, that will be a good use of my time.

>to this side of it, someone feels hungry.
Mhhh, croissants...

Nothing. I was told to dig in and hold of the enemy assault. I had been given orders, allthough I wasn´t really planning on following to the letter...
>Sam starts to absentmindeldy inspect her drone.

Ah, erm. Understood. I need to think over for a bit, thanks.

>Sams drone flies onto her shoulder, before shutting down again.

Funny thing is, if I was being a cunt, you and your little Heretic.....or would it be Heretek? Either way, you'd be dead, or knowing our glorious Inquisitorial Overlords, worse.
And I dunno, actually do something about the Heresy? Would be a nice change for this place.
Still, if he can track us to wherever the assignments take us, he'll be useful enough to give a chance......after proper disciplining....

I don't know of what Heretek you talking about. Now if we want to do something about this shit and you need some... perspective on the future, feel free to ask. We have gone through more trouble than necessary because of... whoever Laroque works to. Probably Nyzart, wasn't his bodyguard on Beshk?

I didn't see who was with him, but it was -definetly- a Necron vessel. And Necrons aren't exactly lining up down the Hab Block to do humans favours, so it's a safe bet.

When I was on Oblivia you couldn't d-dig and hole even if you tried. Soil's too hard you see. To make trenches you have to d-drench it first...
>she sits near Sam
I haven't been there in a while, eh. Maybe it exploded? It would be fun if it d-did.

>Where have the stormtroopers gotten their hands on these crates?
>And where did the Valkyrie come from?
>Better yet, WHY are they moving these crates INTO the valkyries?
>And why are they so quiet about it?
>Why does the Valkyrie lack any kind of markings?
>Aside from being painted black that is
>Why are there what seem to be Valhallan guardsmen WITH the valkyries
>And why do they not have any regimental standards with them?
>And why is there only a handful of them?
>Where did the Valkyrie come from if there are no other ships in orbit?
>What the fuck is all this heresy going on?
>why is Dmitry sober?
>So many questions
>So little answers

I wonder why would they need that Amelia clone. Amelia 2.0. Whatever. Actually I wonder who the fuck she was... shame she had to be a big fucking 'ero this time.
Eheh. So we are even with her now?
>she touches her eyes and frowns
... maybe not, no.

I help dig, is okay with you? haven't had a dig in a long time.
>the hulking Ork has a whimsical look on his face.

Hmm... Considering they are free operatives, it would be rude to question their actions... not to speak of dangerous...
>takes a few glimpses at their procedure between changing pages

Hey, Bob. Have you s-seen Mot?

>Jackson sits next to Anna his armor smoking and shrapnel embedded in it.
Next time... tell me when we're mounting up... I was left running...

>hears Dragovich over the comms
>whispers on link to the Valhallan

Dragovich, you and your boys busy right about now?

>Alice removes the helmet covering her eyes and glances over.
Oi cunts! Stick to the ones in the capital! Nobody will care about those!

We aren't even with her? What, is she still out there somewhere?
>makes a gestures to space and the Warp Storms in equal measures.

he's sneakin' about he is.

Oblivia? Never heard of it, I think. You mean it got an Exterminatus assigned?
>Shaking her head, Sam looks at the ground.
Drenching it. Do we even have enough water here?

>Looks up and greets Bob.
You plan to use your hands to make us a trench...?

What!? Are you hurt?
>she looks actually concerned. For a second, maybe.
Mph. Then you deserved it...
>she lights up a lho for herself and offers one to him
She came back from the dead once, who says she won't again. And She was the same amelia, I could bet what is left of my hair on it! Same smell.

What, no, I d-don't know... I c-can't go there anymore...
I n-need to find him! Can you help me?

We are of almost done with important mission.

I do not like so many eyes on my actions though, so I will make haste if yuo have better things to do, which I presume yuo do?

>A stromtrooper glares at him
>A grumbling of "idi nahui cyka blyat" could be heard before the stormie got back to loading the crates into the valkyrie

Idi nahui cyka blyat!

Is special mission, uuh... big client...uuh... inquisitor...need secure crates... very important, lucky yuo is almost done, da?

I got a powa KLAW to make a trench.
>he grins at Sam before scooping out a large piece of dirt.
no idea where Mot is... maybe if you shouted his name like a lost Squig?

AH-ah, s-so funny...
>she thinks a bit, then climbs on his shoulder and shouts Mot's name

>pops his head up from drinking tea by the makeshift dispenser.
'ello?

>Wisely decides to drop the subject.
Anyway, good luck with finding Mot. I still need to look for a shovel.

Are you serious? Actually no, that´s a good idea. When should we start?

whoops

>he takes it
Mostly okay... But, why did Amelia fight a demon if she's still Chaos?

>she jumps and lands squarely behind him before grabbing him and pinning him against the ground
Where. Did. You. Go. I w-was so w-worried.

This isn't going to be one of those things where six generations of Inquisitors need hunt through ancient tomes and documents just to find a true name and some sort of bloodline is it?
That'll be bloody horrible.
>Alice pulls a book from her backpack and starts scribbling a few notes.
Ey mate, I don't care what you get up to.....
>Alice digs around in a box at her feet before retrieving a bar of gold and waving it around.
.....just keep it in the Capital City or someone will 'notice', you get me?

tea break first duck, then we gonna dig out a big trench.

I have no idea whatsoever. Nothing, blank, zero. But I am sure it was her.
Can your uncle do such a thing?

No rush, I can take care of this myself if I have to, but backup would be good...

To. Get. A. Cuppa
>motions to the tea, now spilled on his jacket.

>rubs his eyes
Why did that sound really suspicious?

Got it. We all need that break anyway.
>Gets back to checking her equipment.
Just need to turn it off for a while...

Forgot my name.

DO you suspect of me?! How dare you!

>vox
>a strong voice with a perfect Praetorian accent speaks
Greetings, interrogator. The Honorable Vice-Admiral Caffran Lord Sternbridge, captain of Patrol Group Hephaestus, at your service. Your retinue of astartes are contacting their home chapter via astropathic communication as we speak. Is there anything that you require?

>Miranda's knife stabs the innocent cup of tea with extreme malevolence as she snarls
You s-shouldn't g-go so far... is t-tea more important then me? Are you b-bored of me already?

Eeh is no problem, nobody ever notice, especially when point gun at curious face

>Dmitry points at a trench with flames coming out of it, and the foul stench of flesh burning

Want barbeque?
>Dmitry laughs, and has his men carry the last crates into the Valkyrie

Da will be there soon, have mission complete I bring big guns or we try and be sneeki breeki?

In which case... I still bring big guns, sneeki breeki never works

that was meant for Alice, sorry.

I believe you got the wrong number here, chap.
THis for you, Wellesley.

>raises an eyebrow
I was about fifty meters love...

No, I don't. But I think Alice's extreme paranoia is rubbing off on me.
>he thinks for a second
What happened to Serena?

Heh heh, yeah pal, you just do what you do best...

Umph. You better not, "love".
Uhm the child was with me and Delta on a transport, I am sure she made it here. Has a little spat with the callidus, though, I had to step in. Praise me, please.

>she hands you the leash
This is n-not 50 meters long!

>pulls the leash.
I'll keep that in mind.

Do you really need to ask to be praised?
>rubs her head
You're such a good girl.

... what is wrong? You are weird lately...

Ah, yes. Thank you ma'am.

>Closes the book
Hmph. Interesting, but none of this answers my questions... Sigh.
>Goes to a nearby rock and sits on it

No, but it fuels my ego.

He has the scribes for it, but first we'd need to find out which detachment of which Sororitas Order she was trained under......then check their records....then get a name.....and then the rest of the investigation begins.

"Interrogator Wellesley here Vice-Admiral, pleasure to here from you. I thank you for letting them borrow your Astropaths, and I myself could use a Recon flight over enemy territory if you have a spare Thunderbolt or Marauder?

I haven't slept in days, I'm tired is all.
>smiles at her, his eye half closed.