Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Wired Reflexes or Move by Wire- a comparison.jpg
>Flexing_for_the_Tirs.sim
>ARES_Catalog.pdf
>The myth of weak elves debunked.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 34 (95% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Meet muscle-elves in your area'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Flexing_their_"Charisma".BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zo-OYwh6KHA
shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Karibische_Liga#Quellenindex
github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's something a GM will work out when replacing someone within the target location. More common is to impersonate someone with authority to be present, or has been transferred recently. The decker gets involved by ensuring the digital documentation looks legit.

Also; you should have some serious Mission Impossible gear or magic. Why even bother, otherwise?

MI shit is crazy expensive and generally of fairly limited utility unless you are playing a really specialized covert ops style game. Let's be honest most people talk about playing operators but when push comes to shove Pink Mohawk is the best.

>Implying that's an elf and not a troll with metatype reduction

Those shoulders are broad enough to support a truck.

Elves can get 6 STR/6 BOD just as easy as anyone else, omae.

It's not solely muscle, though; she's big-boned, in the 'her clavicle could double as a surfboard' way.

Well, comparing her shoulder width to the barrett (assuming it's an M82) her should width could be ~14-18 inches, which isn't too crazy.

Elven shoulders should be slim and angular. Trust me, I've spent a lot of time examining the reference material carefully.

Also, according to the creator it's a Barrett M107, though I don't think it's any bigger.

The real secret is that it's neither. The guy who did the lineart described her as a "...catgirl, probably?" which is how I found it and added it to my folder.

You can't take my SURGEd trollgirls away from me, catposter.

/srg/ here's a question:

What's the runner name of your most recently made character? How did they get it?

Wasn't trying to. My first reaction to finding it was "holy shit I found art that makes a convincing troll catgirl." In the original lineart she's got overtly feline eyes and everything.

You know what's the best about that picture?
What she's holding is most likely a Dragunov, it's about as tall or slightly taller than her.
Dragunov is like 120cm long.

Reboot. I'll let you guess why, even f it is obvious.

Snowflake.

In-character, it's because she's albino (and got the name for that before SURGE got involved.)

Out-of-game, it's because I have some awareness about the silly character concept and it helps justify playing her by wrapping things in several layers of irony.

They're a fan of mid-nineties CGI tv-shows?

Lily Casablanca.
Of course it's a fake name, and of course it's not a chick. He's a face-mage who always felt that female faces could get away with more, and when he had to ditch Denver after betraying his team to the Tir for a large payoff and a few useful favors, he took advantage of biosculpting and gender reassignment being light on the Essence. Now he's settled down in Seattle, playing the "perfect teammate" with the aid of a bit of bioware and not a lot of shame, trying to use his new appeal and his acting skills to create a new network and "live life on easy mode", as he puts it himself.

How much does a subscription to r/TheRedPill knowsofts cost per month?

He has enough money, at least.
It's a character element that he's far from right about it, but he's just right enough and just good enough at cherrypicking to believe that he's honestly won the game of life. That's the one thing that really risks exposing him despite his acting skills - he thinks all women are as entitled as he is, and he draws an artificially large amount of attention to how easy it makes his life.

The Fuck.

He's an insane hobo street gun-adept who goes around on his custom motorcycle and pair of roomsweepers. His name comes from the fact that when he does anything, it's usually insane and stupid (still somehow working, though, like knocking out a pair of guards by spilling water near the toilets and slipping laxatives into the guards' drinks) usually making people go "the fuck?".

M107 is the designation the US military gives to the M82, so yeah, same size.

Whistleblower, I posted her here last night, she's an independent investigative journalist who uses shadowrunning to both get cash and access to corp secrets, which she then sends to news outlets and uploads onto the matrix under one of her many personas.

So this a completely bullshit "lol traps are hot amirite" meets redpill circlejerk? Because I can't see pretending to be a girl because "lol it's easier" being something people would do in the 2070s.

Even then you'd think he'd come up with a less dramatic way of turning on the easy button because honestly a twinky male face aka stereotypical elf could easily masquerade as a female without doing gender reassignment.

Steel Rod, fully known as "Steel" Roderick Valentine. Was a car thief before Crash 2.0, switched to B&E afterwards.

First of all, this is the 2050s, and as such social norms haven't dissolved under SURGE, metasapients and drakes. Older social norms are still strong back then, and even in the 2070's there's not complete, perfect equality.
Second off, he's neither twinky nor an elf (because not all faces are min-maxed), and on top of that he wants the disguise to be perfect so he can use seduction as a tool.
Third off, he's trying to hide from the Denver shadowrunning community and everyone connected to it, because they want him to hang for betraying his group to the Tir during a run against them.
You really seem scared of the concept, don't you? I know I might come off as autismal with this long rebuttal, but I knew that I was going to get shit for a character that actually makes logical sense (the actual character background is much longer) because it includes something that can be taken as "magical realm". The character doesn't arouse me in the least, and you can disbelieve that if you want to.

Nope, he's a decker. He like to reboot things... after installing a couple of surprises with the Bootstrap program.

In 4e where can datajacks be installed on a person?

>dissolved under SURGE, metasapients and drakes
SURGE, drakes, and metasapients are all extremely rare though, most people could go their entire lives without seeing more than two or three of them, except for Evo employees but they're a weird bunch at Evo.

SURGE made a huge splash when it hit, started a new wave of discrimination and apocalyptic panic, and generally was perfectly well public knowledge. Not a lot of people were affected, but it definitely got a ton of media coverage - even more than goblinization in its first weeks, I'd assume, since all the world's media outlets would be more likely to believe such an outlandish story now that the Sixth Age had lasted for more than six decades.

Adrianne. She wants people to think she's french, and as of yet she's got everyone convinced that it's actually her name.

Herald Bloodtooth. They are a troll with a nordic background who recently discovered that his tusks were not just for show.

Is there any way to "pass" marks on? A face uses social engineering to get a mark on their commlink. Can they then pass a mark onto the decker?

Unless you're a Techno the answer is not really, but the good news is that depending on what it is, you may not need to.

If it's a file and you managed to get a mark, you are probably not going to have any difficulty in making a copy and passing it to the decker.

The exception is if you were somehow given the owner's mark. Then you can give marks away like crazy on everything on the device.

>SURGE
>Extremely rare

It affected 1% of the population, IIRC. That's a pretty significant chunk, enough that most people probably knew someone who got hit by SURGE in at least a small way.

If you have a mark on the owner's icon, you can use Spoof Command to have the device use Invite Mark to give your decker marks. Otherwise not so much.

For files, though, all you need is a mark on the file to copy, edit, or delete. It's one of the better use cases for social hacking.

How do I make a campaign centered around water, boats and small island towns work?

Yar, harr, fiddle di dee.

youtube.com/watch?v=zo-OYwh6KHA

Caribbean League. Competing gangs controlling various locales, a corrupt pseudo-national police force patrolling the waves, and corps constantly trying to buy their way in. Wash it with hot sun, hot lead, and hot drugs. Pastel shirts and double-breasted white suits a must.

>The sprawl is not always kind to metas—just look at who they keep electing at governor—but this spot is a reminder that the struggles metahumans face is not completely ignored. It’s not the most obvious monument around, since it is located in the basement of the Bicson Building, but many visitors find it quite moving. A twenty-meter wall depicting the Night of Rage and its aftermath, the rawness of the violence depicted and the emotions on the faces of the metas on the wall often bring visitors to tears. Memorial gifts of flowers and guards are regularly left at the wall.

>Memorial gifts of flowers and guards are regularly left at the wall.

CGL editing has convinced me that there is a lone hood out there with a thirst for vengeance, hunting down racist officers and leaving their broken bodies at the carved feet of the dead. Any recommendations for this vigilante character? I figure either an orc or troll, laced with cyber, specializing in infiltration and close-range fights.

Someone working for Metroplex Guard/Lone Star/Knight Errant by day and Batmanning by night? Not sure if an average citizen's life is too monitored for this to work.

Any material on Caribbean league?

Cyber-and-drug powered dwarf with Willpower 8 (9 when the pain editor's on).

shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Karibische_Liga#Quellenindex

just look at the books at the bottom of the page

Once you get the hang of 'leave the commlink broadcasting your SIN at home while your trideo player shows constant episodes of Neil the Orc Barbarian', you can get pretty far.

Drugs are a good idea, but why Willpower 8?

Neat.

To get to 9 with the Pain Editor, and as a joke about the bloody-minded dedication that has to go into that kind of bloody work.

Fair point. And it'll be helpful if any guard tries to use nonlethal means to subdue our intrepid hero.

Malk
It sounds like shitty milk
also it's short for Malkuth the lowest sephirot on the tree of life. Unlike the other sephirot it does not represent an aspect of god, only the mere shadow of his glory. Since he lacks astral projection he's also cut off from the more "spiritual" side of magic use. The character is a bitter, cabalist MysAd with a bunch of ware. He needs a power focus and a drugs just to stay relevant.

Armor up enough and it's all non-lethal. (But that's what the Pain Editor's for.)

Actually, take a page from Max Willpower Dwarf (Insert Matrix Type here), and get Cyber-singularity Seeker. Use those nice arms for even more survivability.

>a jewish mysad

It's like a unicorn with a weapon focus

Sin Djinn.

Corbin. He selected it as an alias and tends to cycle through them every so often -- usually names like Rook, Corvo, Bran, and Jackdaw. Troll adept with a special fondness for throwing knives, punching, and stealth. He was especially good at the last one.

What's with the corvidae theme?

Malk

Question: I've never DM'd Shadowrun, but I've played the games and read some of the books. I'm about to pick up where our current DM is going to leave off, and I got 4 runs planned before handing the reigns back to him. The last run though I want the players to contract low grade FAB-3 and the Johnson bugs out on them and calls Knight Errant. The scenario would be Knight Errant closes down the entire block and players have to evade KE and break out of the KE barrier without being chased so they can get decontaminated/wait out the virus.

I want this 'run' to be fast paced where the players feel the KE noose closing in on them. I know UV light and AMP can detect FAB-3, but what other methods can I use for KE to track my players? They would have physical descriptions from the Johnson but that's it.

Biker. He rides motorbikes.

He's changing it after a terrible incident involving armored cars, motorcycles, rocket launchers, and crippling wounds, and jail time. I'm still thinking about what to name him now, since he no longer really does what I started him out as.

Easy to think up new names. Plus, I just like them.

Anywhere. In one of the little mini books they mention center of the (false) eye, palms, bellybutton (TurboBunny has hers there) and the usual 'somewhere on the skull'.

Does this include hunting down elf officers who look down on everyone else, including humans?

Well, active racists are obviously at the top of the list, but some dandelion-eaters probably get Justice every now and then.

Also, don't know what to name the guy- 'The Shadow' is what I'm working with, and it's terrible.

4-No-More

"I used to have 4 wheels...no more"

mages. FAB-3 eats ambient mana, so they can see if there is a mana ebb/void

To expand on that, an astrally projecting mage or a spirit on the astral could cover a ton of ground very quickly, making finding those ebbs fairly easy. Combine that with aerial drone coverage that goes to investigate possible locations the players are at, and Knight Errant can scour the city thoroughly in a fraction of the time it would take in the physical world.

Of course, if the players do something like enter an extraterritorial zone where they don't take too kindly to nosy spirits, or someplace like a toxic zone that can cover up their auras...

Haha here, I forgot about astral projection. How long can someone stay astral projected?

In 4e at least MAG hours. Remember that astrally projecting mages are FAST. One defense against watching spirits is that they may be moving so Fast that they overlook you. But it's pretty hard to overlook mana ebbs/voids

>In 4e at least MAG hours
*"in 4e: MAG hours"

>it's pretty hard to overlook mana ebbs/voids

Well, depending on how big it is; the party probably isn't creating a huge pocket with the trace amounts they're carrying. That said, any wagemage can crank out several F1 spirits and send them off hunting, and they'll still go very fast.

I want to make an AI specifically so I can super fucking infiltrate areas normal organics can't.

Is this a fair enough idea?

I mean, spirits and mages are going to overlook the shit out of a drone body, and a drone body can stay still in a hidden position for hours.

I'm working on a Black Magician character and trying to incorporate Left Hand Path sensibilities to the tradition, and a big part of that (and mentioned in the books) is rejection of social norms and rebelling against the status quo. What exactly does this mean in the context of the Sixth World, besides inverted crosses and Hail Satan? It seems more sexually liberated than now, depending on ones parent culture, so I doubt sexifying things adds any magical oomph (also it'd probably just make things uncomfortable).

Sup /srg/ I've been away since before Lockdown, having gotten a lot more into other RPGs.

What other retarded bullshit has occured in 5e in the last year?

Headcases are going to space. They've backtracked on that metaplot, replaced it with the much better Corporate Revision (The Court is reviewing how many A's each corp deserves, it's causing panic and we might end up with new AAA's or some AA super-alliances).

Jesus Christ could they possibly attach any more RAILZ to that poor MP7?

Yeah. Surge is slightly less common than 'Red Hair'.

It's actually interesting how much people underestimate the numbers of some of the Weird stuff in shadowrun.

Year of the Comet said it was 'less than 1%', and the numbers are not likely to have significantly increased since then. Personally, I cut these Awakened stats in half; about 0.7% of Seattle (25,000 people) is SURGEd to some level, and of that about 2,500 are significantly mutated (SURGE III).

>He had mild allergy to sunlight and a super sense of smell (enhanced pheromone receptors)
>He also had shitty physical stats made average by ware
I didn't mean to go /pol/ but I guess I went pretty /pol/
Of course being a shadowrunner he was shit with money, so not full jew I guess.

Also the hermetic tradition is really close to cabalism. Every mage has a little bit of jew in them.

Depends on how heavily your GM uses magical overwatch, I guess. You'll probably find that the karma tax you pay for being an AI, coupled with the boatload of attributes you need to be functional makes the idea difficult to work with.

Generally speaking AI are trash.

Hey yekkers, is there a way to modify the restricted gear purchases? IE make something that is normally restricted not restricted so it can be bought for nuyen without the extra karma tax?

(You)

Amy Lovelock
Her real name is Amethyst.

How much and what kind of guns should a Runner have at char gen when his role is basically to be the gunman?

All the heavy weapons except Missile Launchers are returning the same error.

Override xml would be the best bet,
Well there's your problem. You're about... 200 commits behind.
github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/
I really need to get the release schedule back on track.

(You)~

Do I just get the lastest Chummer.Nightly.zip, then... extract it? How does a computer retard go about getting access to assault cannons?

>lastest

I'm also apparently an English retard, so please use small words.

Yup, extract it anywhere and run it. You'll need .Net 4.5.1, but aside from that it should all run properly. Aside from the terrible bugs.

Do you need a large drone to transport a person? And is an anthro drone big enough to do that? Rigger 5.0 is a bit vague on the issue.

Also, how do you modify that drone from B&B for personal transportation if Rigger Cocoon is a vehicle accessory and not a drone one?

Consider filling these categories. Sometimes the first one is optional.

>Big, Illegal Gun
For when drek hits the fan. You might need to be able to damage a high-force spirit, or a cybered up troll, or shoot out the engine block of a speeding cargo van. These guns do that.
Automatics: Ares Alpha with APDS is an /srg/ meme for a reason
Longarms: Pretty much anything with a 12+ damage code
Assault Cannons: They're all big, can't really go wrong

>Solid, but not Illegal gun
Automatics: FN HAR/AK-97
Longarms: most Sporting Rifles, Remington 990, Remington 950

>Concealable Gun
Automatics: A nice machine pistol
Pistols: Heavy pistol, or something smaller if you don't have any Palming

Have some APDS, Stick & Shock, and either Gel or Regular ammo for each, depending on if you prefer nonlethal or lethal.

Thanks.

Also, any plan to add the signature weapons from Hard Targets?

Some of the large drones seem capable of hauling someone, like the Mule, but not with any turn of speed and no trolls unless it specifically states that they can carry people. TO modify the Dustoff, I'd just ask my GM If I could replace the medical suite with a cocoon and use the vehicle rules to do so.

Not the guy your responding to, but what would you count cyberguns installed into your arm or whatever as? Concealable or no because MAD scanners?

(You)

Not the user you're responding to, but I'd say they're concealable. You're not going to sneak a machine pistol through a MAD scanner anyways, a concealed weapon is one that's 'hidden enough' to avoid casual notice.

Are they not in there? I thought we'd included everything from Hard Targets.

(You)

I'd say concealable. Oftentimes it's more about being able to walk down a street without someone realizing you're packing than it is about getting through a security checkpoint.

Being able to get something through a checkpoint is pretty nice, though.

I can't find any of them; I was specifically looking for the collapsible scythe, but it's not under Blades or Exotic Melee Weapons, and the search function can't find it or any of the others.

Also, there's a 'Cloaks' category under armour, but no way to actually buy a cloak.

You don't have all the books turned on, then.

True enough, think I'm just a bit paranoid. My GM really likes black trenchcoat and often throws scanners (and damn spirits) all over our runs. He's caught us with mad scanners in skylights before, that run wasn't a pretty sight.

>mad scanners in skylights

Jesus.

That's the point when seriously consider rolling an Unarmed biosam or investing in scanner-defeating weapons like Sapphire Knives, Streetline Specials, Shiawase Puzzlers, or HK Urban Combats.

What would a typical Knight Errant team/squad be comprised of?