I just finished this. Did Perturabo really go traitor just because he didn't have any friends...

I just finished this. Did Perturabo really go traitor just because he didn't have any friends? Why would he even want to be a Daemon? Also, how the hell did Fabius get off the Sisyheum? He gets stabbed, collapses between a dreadnought and two loyalists, and somehow escapes in the next five minutes without anyone noticing.

A) it's Perturabo, what did you expect?
B) it's Fabulous Bile, what did you expect?
C) it's Black Library writing, what did you expect?

Why couldn't we have one traitor primarch who stays uncorrupted and partially sane, who just feels betrayed and bitter?

>Spooky Batman doesn't count.

>Did he go Traitor because he didn't have any friends?
Not quite. He went traitor because he was disatisifed with the way things were going and was offered the chance to finally be appreciated for what he could do. However, Pert himself pads it out when talking with Fulgrim. Things rarely come to expectation. He only continued through with things because he swore to Horus, and Pert was BIG on personal codes. He even is surprised that Fulgrim did not have to swear to Horus.

He thought he had a chance to fix shit and maybe get a lil' credit, but he got fucked over.

Uh... Mortarian? You literally just described him to a T

>uncorrupted

motherfucker is raised by a mutant alien daemon lord, studies how to summon and bind daemons, is a repressed psycher later sorcerer, carries nurgel's rot, etc.

There are no uncorrupted fallen primarchs. That's the idea.

I mean a non-daemon. A primarch sort of like Talos in the Night Lords book, one who has no use for chaos.

Alpharius Omegon.
Maybe.

Magnus would probably count as that. Had no intention of initially joining Horus, and in fact desperately tried to warn the Emperor about him. Then he got betrayed, and the dogfuckers happened to Prospero, then he made a pact with Tzeentch out of mostly desperation (ok, and a thirst for warp-knowledge yes, but if the Emperor had just left him alone to his studies, he wouldn't have)

Also. He basically fucked off in disgust when he saw what Ahriman did to his legion.

>Magnis wuz a gud boi
>he dinndu nuttin wrong
>he was out spreading the imperial troof n sheeet when dat Leman Russ murdered his legion

>multiple incredibly retarded premises

Welcome to the shitshow that is BL. I've managed to gnaw my way through a few of their novels as a character-building exercise by reminding myself that, according to the senior editor, they all represent stories written by Grimdark tabloid hacks. Always remain mindful that they're not documentaries or scholarly treatises - in fact, they're barely up to National Enquirer standards. It keeps my blood pressure lower to imagine that if Jayson Blair told Brian Williams a story he'd scribbled down while dodging Ork sniper fire on Bosniak 7, BL would put a shooped space marine on the cover and publish it.

HTH

Because anyone who is sane and uncorrupted knows better than to go to Chaos of all things just because they're butthurt.

Dont think Konrad had much of a liking for chaos.

Butthurt Furfag detected

>Also. He basically fucked off in disgust when he saw what Ahriman did to his legion.

Never understood this, had Ahriman not done this Magnus would have had masses of tentacles and puddles of gibbering magic as legionnaires...

good ol emps told him not to do one thing and then he did it, feel like a fool now?

> stays uncorrupted and partially sane, who just feels betrayed and bitter?

That's the entire Iron Hands chapter.

>Did Perturabo really go traitor just because he didn't have any friends?

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

NO ONE DOES

>bitter and jealous over being given the shittiest, dirty jobs in the galaxy
>dedicated his eternal soul to the shittiest dirty jobs in the galaxy
Perturbo was dumb.

Perturabo wasn't a complete outcast. He was friends with Magnus due to their shared thirst for knowledge and Perturabo would've also been friends with Sanguinius who's friends with everyone. If I recall it also states in the book that he was in good terms with Fulgrim hence why he was shocked to see how he and his legion had devolved.

That book conveniently forgets that Peturabo decimated 10,000 of his own Marines for the crime of not being Luna Wolves/Dark Angels/Ultramarines.

And the fact that he would kill or beat his lieutenants so badly they had to be interred into dreadnoughts simply for delivering bad news.
Perturabo was an awful primarch.