>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2TMBB5Yc
youtube.com/watch?v=FcNjnVqKZw4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jumpers!
Tell me about your shoes.

Progress report!

>If you were on IRC last night, you've probably seen some of the new Drawbacks. If not, you're seeing this so late because I kinda passed out on my keyboard.
>I don't know if I fixed /everything/, but I hope I at least got most of the issues.
>Lexicanum tells me basically nothing about Eagle Pilots besides naming a Phoenix Lord. Doesn't even list specific equipment. Were Crimson Hunters supposed to replace them in a later edition or something?

pastebin.com/2TMBB5Yc

They feet.

I DO NOT REQUIRE SHOES

THAT IS WHAT FLOATING IS FOR

How fast can you travel, Jumpers?

They are the Seven Leauge shoes from Elona.
Pretty fast, but nothing to write home about given other jumpers.

>Bonesinger/Worldsinger
>Path of Awakening
>Path of Scholar
>Vanity perk

Looks pretty good. OK for builds?

Sneakers. Theyre good enough and I dont feel to bad when I ruin them during a fight.

If we count teleporting: instantaneous.
If not: Bayonetta fast.

I've been going for Textiles/Polymer Science any time I get open-ended super science stuff, so I just use my super thigh highs instead of actual shoes.

Makes me feel pretty.

Hold up-one small error, Homecoming is cut off for Path of the Outsider?

And so is Dance of Inspiration. That's what I get for speed reading.

Hm... I'm not sure. [LOST TO THE PATH] for Civilian seems pretty weak, since unless you grab two 600 perks, you're not getting anythingout of it, and even then it's only 200cp cheaper.

I didn't finish those yet. Nor am I finished with [LOST TO THE PATH] for Exodites, since I have no clue what that's even going to /be/.

It will be once I fill in the remaining blanks.

Not really sure what to do here. There was an idea to let you grab the [LOST TO THE PATH] of any other Path after buying another perk from it, but then there might be little reason not to go Civilian.

Any ideas?

>everyone's faces when

Ah, my bad.

Suggestion for Civilian: In fluff, Isha sometimes whispers arcane knowledge of how to cure Nurgle's plagues from time to time right?

Idea 2 for the same was the ability to build your own Webway in future jumps (obviously this will stil take a lot of time/resources) since from what I understand normally it should be impossible to build a webway.

...unless that would fit better for Exodite. For which I would suggest some sort of really buff magitech terraforming process/technique to represent how they're able to colonise normally uninhabitable worlds.

Huh. That could work, actually. Thanks!

Why is that pokemon satan?

because it's pokemon number 666

Giratina was banished to the Distortion World for its "destructive nature" by Arceus.

Unrelatedly it's basically the Pokemon god of antimatter.

No it's not, Pokemon666 is a generic butterfly.

Volcorona.

Wrong. Vivillon.

Huh. Damn you memory, work with me.
Thanks user.

Happy to help.

Wait, so the lucky inquisitor's failings get pinned on you? By whom? The other Eldar, the Imperium?

Other Eldar, mostly. Now if the Imperium happens to be also present when it all goes down...

It's a hard knock life.

So what're some tips for a Robot Master who gets tapped as a Jumper to live by during the early years?

Oh. Also, does Lost to the Path mean we can't purchase perks from the other paths at all, or is that just flavor text? And speaking of, what does the Exodite Lost to the Path do? Make you a great warrior like the Warrior capstone? How long would it take to make a Craftworld with the Wraithsong perk? Thanks for the answers, this jump looks really good.

>Robot Master
Unless you're one of Wily's, you are enslaved by the Three Laws of Robotics. You can't kill humans. If you're one of Wily's, you're enslaved to him. Robot Masters are not truly sapient, they're just nearly so, but they're still bound by very advanced programming.

>Lost To The Path

You can take perks from the other Paths, but each option is Path-exclusive. You can't be a Farseer AND an Exarch or a Farseer AND a Solitaire.

>Exodite
It's probably going to end up being the terraforming thing suggested by >Bonesinger

By yourself? I sincerely doubt you'd have enough time even if you extended Civ to its maximum possible amount of time and literally did nothing but Bonesing 24/7.

I mean, it's an entire Craftworld. They took tons of Bonesingers to make in anything resembling a decent timeframe even back when there were /trillions/ of Eldar.

If it feels like I'm taunting you with that, I might be. Partially.

>They took tons of Bonesingers

Well extended civ it'd be a case of choosing Eldars as your race and trying to get them all Bonesinging in an years long training montage.

Teamwork is good for you, aye. It'd certainly give you a better shot, at least.

>trillions of Eldar

You do realise this means more than 1 planet full of Eldar right?

159. Ranma 1/2
Spring of Drowned Yeti
Perks: Some Kind of Ninja (-50), Amazon Durability (-100), Martial Acrobatics (-100), Medical Genius (-200), Pressure Points and Moxibustion (-400), Copycat Technique (-300)
Items: Collection of Magic Incenses (-25), Jellyfish Swimsuit (-25)
Drawbacks: Hibbiki Family Curse (+200)

Chimmy: Martial Artist, Spring of Drowned Dragon
Falco: Drop-In, Spring of Drowned Duck
Roberta: Amazon Warrior, Spring of Drowned Panda
Ko'el: Innocent Bystander, Spring of Drowned Panda
SoB: Amazon Warrior, Spring of Drowned Panda
Asriel: Innocent Bystander, Springof Drowned Goat
Isaac: Martial Artist, Spring of Drowned Niuhōmanmaorennīchuan
Toby: Innocent Bystander, Spring of Drowned Duck

I wander whither and yon, into and out of the plot as it fits the plot. Not that I know the plot, but the world never exploded so I'm more or less safe. Except for that one time on Mercury where I nearly melted.

But my companions and I played a game during our stay: Water Tag. We got supersoakers full of cold water and had to blast each other with it as publicly as possible. The more people that saw the person you hit, the more points you got, and the most points they lost. Scores couldn't go below 0, which was mine because I couldn't find anyone. Falcomon got first place with 1,128,212. National TV was a huge boon to this game.

user, it didn't take literally all Eldar to sing a craftworld into existence.

That said, if someone did figure out a way to fit that many on a single planet so they could make a Craftworld I'd be genuinely impressed.

I may or may not be easily impressed.

>if you're one of Wily's

>spend Jumps asking self "What Would Wily Do?"

>By yourself?
Goodness no. Amazo tech plus nanomachines(son) + planetary populations + mind control + Wraithsong + Workaholic + Jumper= Craftworld.
I hope.

Breeding programme.

Splice the Eldar with rabbits or something. Do I have to think of everything?

If you go into it knowing what you're getting into and pick a side you're comfortable with working under for ten years, there are honestly worse places to be.

If Bass and Protoman are any indication, you can still get away with some pretty disobedient shit, besides.

Also varies a bit depending on the setting. Megamix seems to have some kind of ongoing debate about the agency allowed to robots, from what I've seen of it.

This is more about "if I come from here, wat do?"

Clearly yes, because that doesn't solve the question of what you do when all those Eldar poop.

Amazo tech for what? It only works for scientific abilities and the Eldar wraithbone construction has a spiritual and psychic component

You say that like rabbits multiply faster than Eldar that who don't have to worry about Slaneesh.

This looks fantastic, thank you.

Can we get some discussion or a ruling on how Bonesinging would work out of universe? It states that it makes things out of the Warp, so does that mean that you're pulling the Warp across universes' or that out of 40k Bonesinging is powered by something else?

I don't know a ton about 40k, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So you want to make another Slaneesh?

Slaanesh was born from tens of thousands of years of hedonism and corruption of all kinds. Just having babies won't do that.

Regarding Castlevania does the Arcana option conform to the DSS system from Circle of the Moon?

Well, as long as you don't take one of the Emprah drawbacks.

Although one wonders where their soul's beacon goes in a setting where there is no Warp. Does the collective spiritual signature of the hypothetically trillions-strong Eldar civ spontaneously form a new realm of spirits?

"So. Don't suppose anyone would like ta round up what jest happened there?"

'Well going by my records, we appeared to be in a supernatural underground cavern-system where... the laws of reality seemed to be 'bent' just a tad.'

"Yer puttin' it far too lightly 'ere, Bastion."

"I don't know, those robed gentlemen seemed quite nice."

"They're bats, Ashie."

"Wait... what?"

"Nevermin', let's jus' keep goin' now."

>Barkley's Shut Up & Jam - Jump 18
Origin: Drop-In

Perks & Skills:
-It's Time To Slam-Jam (Free) - "... the blazes..."
-Blessing of Clispaeth - "... the hells..."
-Monster Hunter - "... Uuuuuuuh..."
-Zaubermancy - "... I..."
-Gun'sbraster - "I thought ah'd seen everythin' with that Shibusen establishment back a ways."

Drawbacks:
-Al Bhed (+100) - "Apparently I were wrong."

Sell it to Japanese businessmen.

They'll know what to do.

>[muffled Careless Whisper playing in the distance]

Why not convert Civilian into generic perks? Like take the discounted price, make that the official price, and move the perks to general?

Could rename the general perks "Way of the Civlian". Seeing how everyone started out as a civilian at one point in their lives or dabbled in the paths.

That way you don't have to include a lost to the path. Then you could perhaps move the civilian one you have there and move it to the Exodites. It could present itself as "Path of the Exodite".

"Path Of The Exodite - This is not a true path, but a statement and a mind set. A statement that despite the ease of life that your Craftworld cousins experience, you object this and their petty paths. Yet this decision doesn't from the void, but through experience. You have walked their Paths, receiving a discount on any two 400cp Maybe 600cp perks as if you were considered part of that Path. You have lived their life for a time, and reject their trappings but not the life experiences. "

Way I see it, only way an Exodite is off world is because they're young and wish to see how life is different. Physically they should be stronger, but as they're young they would fit into the category of the Craftworld Eldar in terms of strength.
Those with Exodite perks could be ex-Exodites or learned them from ex-Exodites.

Eldar pregnancies are long and difficult process. It's not a quickie behind the shrine and 9 months later you have a baby. It's more like 9 months of constant psychic sex, and physical sex between partners. Then decades long pregnancies, which end in birth of a child that's equivilant to that of a 10 year old intellectually. They're an immortal race and emotionally suppressed, it takes them long time to reproduce because they don't want Jr. to have his/her soul nom'd by Slaanesh.

If you want rabbits, you should see the Dark Eldar. They take embryos and put them into artifical wombs. This ages them to adulthood in a few days, with full cognition. They're then handed a free blade as they're booted out the door. That's how they deal with the dying race trope.

Isn't that statement based on a retarded Imperium researcher making assumptions based on this one starved Eldar corpse he had? He's not framed as a reliable source.

>Salacious Seer
>Impressionable Youth
>Ranger origin
I feel like this could be some sort of story here.

Do you even know what splice means?

I mean I know you're big on regurgitating lore but jesus at least pretend you're actually responding to someone rather than being some mad robot that sees the word rabbits and eldar in a sentence and then has to start talking about how eldar are or aren't similar to rabbits.

Converting Civilian stuff to general perks could work, but I'm not sure how well it'd go over. If everyone's for it, I can do that.

As for Exodites, I could also add a seperate Location roll for them, or have the default be "your Exodite World just got steamrolled by Necrons/Orks/Tyranids and the Craftworlders have a vested interest in not letting you die - so they took you in." Come to think of it, the backstory options you suggested in the last bit don't even conflict with that.

They're already a genetically engineered race. What makes you think making them part rabbit will do anything to make them breed faster? They can breed as fast they like, look Dark Eldar's trueborn. They're ready come out in barely anytime at all. Craftworld Eldar take stuff slowly on purpose so they don't fall into corruption like the Dark Eldar. They have to ensure their child's soul isn't nom'd by Slaanesh and they give birth to a Daemonette.

Not in Civilization they don't.

Manyfist: telling you how you're supposed to have fun since 2014.

(alright, hook me up a replacement for Barkley in that 1d8 and maybe I can find an image for these next few posts.)

He's admitted to being autistic dude.

Just. Just roll with it. This is actually tame behavior.

Crypt of the Necrodancer!

Civilization is different. They have none the shit they have to deal with in 40k. Then yeah, there would be no need to hold back. They would likely go back to pre-fall.

Rolled 6 (1d8)

... Oh boy.

1 - Franken Fran
2 - 8-Bit Theatre
3 - Lovecraft
4 - Nechronica
5 - Cho Aniki
6 - Bloodborne
7 - Crypt of the Necrodancer
8 - FFTA

PRAISE THE GOOD BLOOD

Well.
Good luck with that.

It looks like it time to get brain eyes.

They have none the shit they have to deal with in 40k.
Pretty sure Gandhi at least took lessons from a few Exterminatus-loving Inquisitors.

Fuck fuckity fuck shit fuck god damn it.

... Will Fists of Judgement be of any help here.

Night help you against the Old Ones, but...I'm not sure about everything else.
Man, what is it with you and cosmic horror?

>I declare these beings deserve, what did that fellow in the weird hat and accent call it? Oh yes. Exterminatus.

and now you know why I've been taking as few drawbacks as possible throughout this journey.

We only wear them when walking the dreamlands.

Fast enough to have always been there.

Uh.

Good question.

I think it depends greatly on whether the Hunter's Dream/Nightmare of Mensis is more the true form of reality unable to be perceived by man OR a pseudo-reality marble naturally exuded by the Great Ones. If it's the former, you might as well pistol whip the things for all the good it'll do you. If it's the latter, you're in luck; just don't accidentally punch the ground you're standing on, the Doll or anything else you remotely care about while you're there.

Some allusions about the Moon Presence creating the Hunter's Dream and the fact that the Old Hunters DLC takes place in a dream within a dream seem to imply the latter is more likely, not to mention the fact that the Great Ones are actively stepping beyond their natural state i.e. being unable to reproduce well to interfere with humanity. In which case on a scale of devils to Fingerkings it'd probably feel like punching heavy, wet mud apart.

What they do is awfully similar to the Rubbery Men's Red Science, after all. Any of them which are wholly dream constructs like Micolash or anything from the Old Hunters DLC probably goes down much faster, something like a Fingerking but bursting into rainwater and fog.

Won't do anything against feral hunters, though.

This is true, but if he takes the extra scenarios that are post-nightmare that probably won't work as well.

>feral hunters

yeah, I didn't figure Gascoigne and co. would be easy to deal with. But I think I'm on a better playing field than they with some of the boosts I've received to be in a good position.

It's the Great Ones I'm worried about, and some of those scenarios are looking rough - and fuck taking Nightmare Mode. Just fuck that entire set of noises.

would be easy to deal with with just the Fists*.

Man my hands are not cooperating today.

Also: I take it I'm not gonna like what I see here thanks to the Spirifer's Eye + Soul Perception.

That sounds about right. Really just having sufficiently powerful firearms that shoot something more substantial than quicksilver is going to be a big advantage

And...nope. For one thing, mostly what you're probably gonna see is even more eyes.

Now that has mentioned them, how do the Fists even work?

While you're here, a little heads up on SE Medusa, since you asked yesterday:her possession remodels her victim's body in her own image. After possessing a little girl, within days/a week she had transformed into a child version of hers. More powerful bodies like her sister Arachne take more time, as even 3 years later she still had her black hair, even if the rest of the body had been Medusafied.

160. Total Drama Jumpchain
Era: Total Drama Island
Origin: Intern
Perks: Physically Fit (-100), Aura Reading (-300)
Import Companions (-800)
Drawbacks: Contract-Bound (+100), The Obsessive Uber-Fan (+100)

Chimmy: Good Looking (-100), Physically Fit (-100), Aura Reading (-300)
Falco: Intimidation Factor (-200), Aura Reading (-300)
Roberta: Good Looking (-100), Host's Favor (-400)
Ko'el: Good Looking (-100), Physically Fit (-100), Personable (-300)
SoB: Intimidation Factor (-200), Big Bucks (-300)
Asriel: Good Looking (-100), Physically Fit (-100), Aura Reading (-300)
Isaac: Physically Fit (-100), Egghead (-400)
Toby: Good Looking (-100), Physically Fit (-100), Personable (-300)

Oh oh oh she's following me. Oh oh oh she's out of her tree~
I may have teased Sierra, often. I may have received my comeuppance for it often. She may have been converted to a basilisk, and I may have been trapped in a snake nest for two weeks, bound by her shed skin, before changing her back. That's just how a friendship may happen sometimes.

Anyway, we improved the show by making it look more dangerous but technically be more survivable. And we all did it in our own way. I populated the woods with terrifying monsters that would occasionally leave corpses laying around. Falco was an enchanting witch that lived in the water and made Faustian pacts with the campers that inevitably made everything worse. Roberta whispered ideas into Chris's ear and kept him off our back. Ko'el would send handle the grunt work so that the challenges would inevitably fall apart in horrible ways. The Choir of Righteous Fury would keep people in line and handled our governing jobs. Asriel was a goat that would lead campers into dangerous situations and trick them into making poor decisions, but also led them to safety. Isaac built robots that would take the place of campers sometimes. And Toby was the "Good Guy" gunning for Chris's job that the producers couldn't fire for some reason.

Just a nice, easy job.

Farewell good hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

>"Path Of The Exodite - You have walked their Paths, receiving a discount on any two 400cp

>Pay 400cp to get 400cp worth of discounts
Uh.

Sherlock build:

The Adler 50
Brilliant 150
More than a Pretty Face
Cruel Genius 250
Elementary My Dear 550
In the Shadow of Giants 850
Like an Open Book 1000
Blinding the Brilliant 1300
Wrapped Around My Finger 1600
The Wardrobe
Impatient 1500
Lack of Stimulation 1300
Most Wanted 1000

Didn't get everything I wanted but I got lots. Took Brilliant, More Than a Pretty Face and Cruel Genius each of which give different sides of the clever/smug bastard coin. Plus for 200 CP I figure that's pretty cheap. Smarter, more cunning and more calculating.

Elementary My Dear gives you ridiculous deduction. Sort of felt like I couldn't go to this setting without taking it.

In the Shadow of Giants is really fun. Deflects fame, making random people seem like ridiculously powerful individuals by association with you while everyone thinks you're just their sidekick. Nice way of not ruining a plot quite so much with your presence or making people widely adored as heroes or feared as villains even when they don't really deserve it.

Like an Open Book just made me think of that show Lie To Me. Not a very good show but y'know, Tim Roth. Still if that's any indicator it's capable of some contrived nonsense.

Blinding the Brilliant was the best I could get with my remaining 300 CP. Plus it is pretty fun to ruin the grand plans of enemy geniuses by being so sexy.

Wrapped Around My Finger is about changing the nature of your relationships with other people which is great and the reason I went Adler.

One of the nice things about this jump is that you tend to be able to think of a lot of specific examples of things you'd do with the perks.

Seems like I spend a lot of my time running away from old timey coppers. Madness sort of reigned in this one. Staying away from the police, impatience and my constant need to do new stuff sort of made me play out a one man version of the fall of the Eldar. Probably best for everyone that I went in relatively early before I can cause too much trouble.

I am not really familiar with the setting, so can someone who is please give me an idea as to how strong a lv100 warrior will be in the Overlord jump and the sorts of feats they can do? I really like the idea of going full on magic user but I dont really know how crazy the warriors get? Are there any other jumps they are similar in strength and ability to?

That's 400cp paid itself off in savings. Alternatively it could be two 600cp perks. For a saving of 600cp.

Right. Hook me up with a replacement for Bloodborne on that d8, yer honor.

Fook.

"I dare not even ask what apocalypse that world went through."

"Me neither, father. But this nex' bit... isn' lookin' anywhere better."

>Bloodborne - Jump 19
Location: Central Yharnam - "It's like... Oh God, it's like London af'er that red bastard's rampage."
Origin: Hunter

Hunting Partner - "Ashe, hop int' the holster. Alexander, yer on my back."

Perks:
-Rally (Free) - "What the..."
-Blood Bullets (Free) - "I... have an alternative. Thanks."
-Hunter (Free) - "Gah, what's this... this... growlin' in me head."
-Hunter's Skill (Free) - "Can' be caught easileh. T'is jus' a bad idea."
-Projectile Parry - "Wit' the force of these guns? More than useful."
-The Art of Quickening - "Catch me if ya can."
-Little Things

Equipment:
-Gifts from the Little Ones (Free) - "Uh... Th-thanks?" Obtained Saw Cleaver, Hunter Pistol
-Blacksky Eye (Free) - "Augh, grrrrrgh. M-my head's fit t' burst, what the blazes just happened?!"
-Gatling Gun

Father Alexander:
-Hunter
-Rally (Free), Blood Bullets (Free), Hunter (Free), Steel Yourself (Free), Workshop Artisan, Flamesprayer, Workshop Equipment, Curious Goggles.

Journey to the West

Monsters Inc.

for everyday wear awesome but ultimately terribly impractical like everything else I do.
youtube.com/watch?v=FcNjnVqKZw4

For serious stuff it's the sport shoes I got in sport jump, which considering they are moops ball shoes are a mix between a soccer shoe and a hiking boot.

>Red bastard
So, did the cowboy try to kill Alucard?

Death by monkey.

Hellsing was Jump 1 for him.

I doubt he had the force to really do it, even with staying human.

Nightmare Before Christmas

Is there anything from a jump that allows me to break continuity, even if there'd normally be disastrous consequences for doing so? Discworld's Parody is probably not powerful enough for what I'm thinking of.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

odds are blame! Evens schlock mercenary

do you mean destroying the chain of events in the plot of the work you are jumping? Because subverting plots with out of context abilities is kind of what we do

Princess Bride has a perk that lets you figure out the wiggle areas in the plot.