/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Previous thread: →

Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/598937bp815uzvg/Osprey - MAA 257 - Napoleon's Campaigns in Italy.pdf
jersey.com/english/discoverjersey/occupationtoliberation/Pages/TheLiberationofJersey.aspx
irregularminiatures.co.uk/2mmRanges/2mmHorseMusket.htm
store.steampowered.com/app/370540/
youtube.com/watch?v=_LW8YC4KJ0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=zt7o1v9msA0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Ronin
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!

10th May - TODAY IN MILITARY HISTORY
48BC Caesar retreats from Dyracchium -- Learn More
1386 Treaty of Windsor: England & Portugal initiate the world's most enduring alliance
1609 Dutch & Spanish conclude the "Twelve Years' Truce"
1671 Col. Thomas Blood attempts to steal the Crown Jewels from the Tower of London
1812 Napoleon leaves Paris to join his army for the invasion of Russia
1831 Alexis de Tocqueville arrives in the US, at Newport, RI, for a ten month tour
1846 Mexican War: Battle of Resaca de la Palma
1849 Battle of Palestrina: The Garibaldini defeat the Neapolitans
1861 US Naval Academy moves from Annapolis to Newport, aboard the USS 'Constitution'
1862 Battle of Farmington, Ms
1862 Confederates abandon positions near Ft Pickens, Pensacola
1864 Battle of Swift Creek/Drewery's Bluff/Ft Darling, Va
1864 Naval battle of Helgoland: Tegethoff's Austrians defeat the Danes
1898 Havana: US ships & Spanish batteries exchange fire
1911 Mexican Revolutionaries invest Ciudad Juarez (to May 11)
1912 First Airplane Take Off From a Ship: Lt. Charles R. Sampson, RN, flies a Short Pusher off HMS 'Hibernia' in Weymouth Bay, England
1915 Battle of Artois begins
1916 Sykes-Picot Agreement: Brits & French divide up the Ottoman Empire
1926 Lt Cdr Richard Byrd & CMM Floyd Bennett fly over the North Pole
1936 Italian troops occupy Addis Abeba, securing Ethiopia
1942 USS 'Wasp' (CV-7) launches 47 RAF Spitfires to reinforce Malta
1944 Japanese capture Lushan & the Peking-Hankow RR
1945 Czechoslovakia liberated from Nazi occupation
1945 German troops in the Channel Islands surrender to the British
1946 Victor Emmanuel III of Italy (1900-1946) abdicates in favor of his son Umberto II, who is ousted on June 12 in favor of a republic
1949 Accession of Rainier III as Prince of Monaco (1949-2005)
1955 German Federal Republic joins NATO
1964 Khrushchev visits Egypt

Someone else needs to think of a theme and a story, I'm a work. Can't into.

today is the begining of the fall of france. im also at work though :(

If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.
Heinz Guderian
By May 1940, Europe had been at war for nine months. Yet Britain and France, despite having declared war on Germany in September 1939 following Hitler’s attack on Poland, had seen little real fighting. This tense period of anticipation – which came to be known as the ‘Phoney War’ – met an abrupt end on 10 May 1940, when Germany launched an invasion of France and the Low Countries.

The German plan of attack, codenamed Case Yellow, entailed an armoured offensive through the Ardennes Forest, which bypassed the strong French frontier defences of the Maginot Line. The advance would then threaten to encircle French and British divisions to the north, stationed on the Belgian frontier.

The German offensive quickly overwhelmed Dutch forces, and the bombing of Rotterdam persuaded the Netherlands to surrender on 15 May. And although German forces in the north encountered strong French and Belgian resistance, the main German thrust through the Ardennes met with tremendous success. French second-rate divisions in the area were not prepared or equipped to deal with the major armoured thrust that developed (the forest and poor roads were thought to make this impossible), and were hammered by incessant attacks by German bombers.

Just four days into the invasion German troops crossed the Meuse river, and had broken through the French lines. Attempts by the Allies to launch counterattacks by air and land either failed with heavy losses, or were thwarted by the pace of events. The British Expeditionary Force, along with the best units of the French army, were still in the north and had seen little fighting. But the German breakthrough to the south now forced them into rapid retreat to avoid being cut off with their backs to the sea. On 20 May German tanks reached Amiens and effectively trapped the British, who now made for Dunkirk and an unlikely attempt at evacuation to England.

In these desperate circumstances, an evacuation plan known as ‘Operation Dynamo’ was hastily prepared in Dover by Vice Admiral Bertram Ramsay. His strategy included an appeal for all civilian vessels that could cross the Channel to help ferry the troops from the beaches to larger ships offshore, or to evacuate them entirely. Between 26 May and 4 June - a period during which Hitler halted the advance of his troops on Dunkirk - 200,000 British and 140,000 French troops were evacuated to England. Nine allied destroyers and approximately 200 civilian vessels were lost during the evacuation, and the RAF suffered severe casualties covering the operation from the air.

On 5 June, the Germans swung southwards and French resistance finally collapsed, although not without heavy fighting. On 10 June, Italy opportunistically entered the war on Germany’s side. Four days later, the French capital fell, provoking the flight of the French Government to Bordeaux. The Government capitulated on 25 June, just seven weeks after the beginning of the invasion.

The British 51st Highland Division - stationed in the Maginot Line when the fighting started – was forced to surrender at St Valéry. During the final evacuation of British troops from St Nazaire on the Atlantic coast, the troopship Lancastria was sunk with the loss of around 4,000 refugees, British troops and crew. Reluctant to take the risk that the French Navy would end up under German control, Churchill ordered the Royal Navy to present French warships at Mers-el-Kebir with an ultimatum to sail to Britain or to a neutral port for internment. When this offer was rejected on 3 July, British ships bombarded the fleet, killing 1,600 people. Although this operation did much to assure America of the strength of the British purpose, it and the evacuation of Dunkirk did immeasurable damage to Franco-British wartime relations.

I was going to go with:

It is 220 years since the Battle of Lodi, where French forces under General Napoleon Bonaparte fought an Austrian rear guard led by Karl Philipp Sebottendorf at Lodi, Lombardy. The rear guard was defeated, but the main body of Johann Peter Beaulieu's Austrian Army had time to retreat.

The French advance guard caught up with the Austrians at about 9 am on 10 May and after a clash followed them towards Lodi. The town's defences were not strong, the defenders were few, and the French were able to get inside and make their way towards the bridge. The span was defended from the far bank by nine battalions of infantry arrayed in two lines and fourteen guns. The Austrian general in command at Lodi, Sebottendorf, also had four squadrons of Neapolitan cavalry at his disposal, giving him a total of 6,577 men, who were mostly completely exhausted after a hasty forced march. Sebottendorf decided that it was inadvisable to retire in daylight, and opted to defend the crossing until nightfall.

One eye-witness stated that the Austrians had men attempting to destroy the bridge, but that the French stopped their efforts by bringing up guns to fire along its length. It should have been fairly easy to prevent a French crossing because the bridge was wooden, and could have been burnt. It was about 200 yards long, and was a very simple structure consisting of piles driven into the river bed every few yards, with beams laid to form a roadway.

The French advance guard was not strong enough to try to cross the bridge, so several hours passed while further French forces came up. During the afternoon, a violent cannonade began, as French guns arrived and were positioned to fire across the river. It has been suggested that Bonaparte was personally involved in directing some of the guns, and that his troops began to refer to him as le petit caporal (the little corporal) because of this, but there seems to be little contemporary evidence to back this up.

Eventually, at about 6 pm, the French prepared for an attack, with Marc Antoine de Beaumont's cavalry being sent to ford the river upstream, and a column consisting of the 2nd battalion of carabiniers (elite light infantry) being readied inside the walls of the town. The carabiniers then stormed out of the gates and onto the bridge. Grenadier memorist Vigo-Roussillon stated that the enemy artillery fired one salvo when the troops were part-way across, causing numerous casualties, at which point the column wavered and stopped, but a number of senior French officers rushed to the head of the column and led it forward again. These officers included André Masséna, Louis Berthier, Jean Lannes, Jean-Baptiste Cervoni, and Claude Dallemagne.

Some of the French climbed down the piles and waded through the water, firing as they went. The Austrian troops were already exhausted from hours of marching and fighting without food, probably demoralised by the French cannonade, and also seem to have been worried about being cut off by the French cavalry. Their morale collapsed as the carabiniers rushed towards them, and a hasty retreat ensued, the fugitives making the most of the gathering dark to make their escape towards Crema, though some brave units discouraged the French from pursuing too closely.

Austrian losses were 21 officers, 2,015 men, and 235 horses, killed, wounded and missing. In addition, 12 cannons, 2 howitzers and 30 ammunition wagons had been lost. French losses are not known with any precision, but are thought to have numbered about 500.

The Battle of Lodi was not a decisive engagement, since the Austrian army had successfully escaped. But it became a central element in the Napoleonic myth and, according to Napoleon himself, convinced him that he was superior to other generals, and that his destiny would lead him to achieve great things.

mediafire.com/download/598937bp815uzvg/Osprey - MAA 257 - Napoleon's Campaigns in Italy.pdf

>using pictures of models for the story
Sorry other guy, this guy wins.

>be me
>other guy
>posts French
>concedes defeat

Didn't see that one coming.

I was going to go with jersey.com/english/discoverjersey/occupationtoliberation/Pages/TheLiberationofJersey.aspx (and possibly something about the non-evacuated islanders pinching all the furniture from Alderney), but alas only phone access.

Bump.
What is the best manufacturer for 6mm ww2 vehicles?

Who*
Sorry

If you want quality, you can't beat GHQ.

Thanks

Word to the wise, GHQ models are a slightly different size from their competitors, so if you're thinking about getting vehicles from multiple sources you might want to take that into consideration.

Right guys the question of all time. Napoleonics, 15mm or 28mm?

For those of you thinking about writing rules but never getting round to it, just start writing. I did this weekend and I have a playable game, so that's something. Tested it yesterday and was surprised it worked. Even took a pic.

15mm of course. Easier, cheaper, numerous and require less space.

I'd be inclined to go 15mm, unless you have a huge table, and even then I'd probably still go for 15mm.

Depends on the scale of games you want to play. For skirmish games up to around 50 per side, the extra detail on 28mm is very nice. For larger actions it quickly becomes a ballache.

If you're looking to do really big games go with 10 or even 6mm.

I was looking at Over the Hills and Far Away, would 15mm suit the middle 18th century? 20mm for the era is pretty sparse.

Neither.
6-10mm or bust, the Napoleonic era was MADE for large battles.

YESH!

Might as well go for 2mm then
irregularminiatures.co.uk/2mmRanges/2mmHorseMusket.htm

>irregularminiatures.co.uk/2mmRanges/2mmHorseMusket.htm
Not the guy you replied to, but I can't see the point of 2mm.
At least at 6mm you can make out some details, even more at 10.
At 2mm, why not just use chits?

How about 3mm then? Still tiny but enough detail to look really awesome.

That's better. Still not my cup of tea, but they're not a solid block of tiny quasi-man-shaped blobs.

54mm then?

I've played and am considering getting figures in 3mm for ww2, but I am biased for Napoleonics ranges because I have 6mm Napoleonics.

I don't have a problem with 2/3mm but you miss out a little on the uniforms.

Sure, I've been thinking of trying out Five Men in Normandy or Ronin in 54mm for shits and giggles.

Where can I go to absorb as much detail as possible about the arms, armor, and tactics of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Cossack Hetmanate in the 1650's? If possible, cultural details and what life was like, apart from unceasing hellish conflict. I've snatched the Ospreys in the OP, but does anyone know of any other sources for this stuff?

I'd definitely do that if I could paint well enough to make it worthwhile.

Probably 5 Men in Normandy in Caen or Le Havre or someplace else with canals so I could reuse the terrain for Inquisitor.

Right. So. This isn't a tabletop wargame. It's computerized. Anyone here ever try it? It looks like pure autism to me, but I still want to give it a go on the off chance it ever goes on sale.

store.steampowered.com/app/370540/

Painting the miniatures well enough to do them justice is certainly one of the things holding me back.

I am getting there, not spectacular, but still.

Key advice I'd give is white or grey undercoat with pre-shading, and make heavy use of glazes and media to make those glazes.

Ouch, pretty typical PC wargames pricing there. I'm certain that if PC wargames publishers thought more about their pricing model in the internet age then they'd see way more sales from the interested but uncommitted.

We'll get a review when ASLAnon finds himself in money I suspect.

Reviews would probably be much more critical because of the casuals finding it too confusing.

Jesus Christ this game really is pure autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=_LW8YC4KJ0Q

>We'll get a review when ASLAnon finds himself in money I suspect.
Oops, didn't realise it had been out for so long. Maybe we won't.

Yeah I was leaning towards 15mm, I'll get my order to Essex in tonight.

I've finished a full campaign of WitE and all the really complex stuff are things that are calculated automatically and while it helps understanding how these calculations are done you don't have to do the math on what your country can produce, where every single piece of equipment should go or combat results.

The things you do yourself are mostly:
1. Do air recon
2. Assign manual bombing targets (sometimes)
3. Choosing where to attack and with what
4. Moving units
5. Setting unit statuses to reserve or refit
6. Adjusting OOB

Most of your time is spend with moving units simply because there are so many of them, there are smaller scenario too which should be quite casually playable.

Lads?

Probably better for you to go for 10mm a lot more choice with Magister Militium and Pendraken.

Or go even smaller, 6mm is the godscale anyway

I want individual regiments to have a lot of character though, 15mm is already getting a bit small. I'll go 10 if I have to though.

What scale of combat do you want to play and how big do wou want your regiments to be?

Can you alter the history in this game? Like conquer Moscow or stuff like that?

>Have a pretty big army for FoW >Still not played it because no near FLGS
>Individually based some leftovers from my infantry
>Play 15mm ww2 skirmishs with my not wargaming friend all the weekends.
How i truly love this hobby, and i really want to see my shitty latino country

*shitty latino country burn

All I can say is, practice. Without practicing, you won't be a good painter, and chances are even slimmer if you won't even try.

Yes of course.
There's options for randomized non-historical weather and a mode where the SU doesn't receive lend-lease too.

needs more tweezers

>microscopic units
>calculators
>gargantuan maps of Europe
>strange sheets for keeping track of shit

That looks fun as fuck.

If I owned that game I'd just frame the map and mount it on my wall so everyone would think I was some sort of supervillain.

>implying we aren't supervillains

>and just past the guest room, we have the op centre

Ohgod. A Grigsby game....

>Oops, didn't realise it had been out for so long. Maybe we won't.
I will never again purchase a Grigsby game

Why? They are just to damn big for my tastes, And when you get down to it. I want to like Operational scale games..i really do. I just bought Decisive Campaigns Case Blue last year- I start to find them to tedious and just to much stuff in them to keep track of everything.

I played Grigsbys games WAY back when he did East Front/West/Pacific War games with SSI in the 90s. Even then they were just too big to manage, and there was just too much stuff going on under the hood that the manual didnt explain real well.

Now dont get me wrong. when it comes to operational games on the computer he is the go to guy.

Its taken my 30+ years of gaming but Ive started to come to the conclusion that I just dont like operational sorts of games. Much prefer my tactical and strategic level.

But there are people out there that just eat the operational stuff up and more power to you if thats your thing.

Now..if John Tiller games ever came to Steam.......thats a WHOLE different story....

>Japanese at Perth and Brisbane
>New Zealand off the side of the map
>Spain in the war

Fucking GoaT

>New Zealand off the side of the map
The North Island is there

>Japanese at Perth and Brisbane
Crikey the sheilas down Bondi way won't like that one, digger

>Brisbane
>Bondi
Aside from that, pretty good effort.

>The North Island is there
Double negative points, if you're going to have NZ at least have the South Island. That's like having Sydney but not the rest of Australia, or California and not the rest of America.

I notice there is no Tasmania
Even the ruthless Empire of Japan would not stop so low as to occupy the Apple Isle

Seeing all these massive hex and chit games looks really cool. I'll admit to not knowing the foggiest about them and would like to know more.
How fun are they really? How many people is it optimal to play with? Are they expensive? Are they only ww2? If not do they do ancient or Napoleonic or Pike and Shotte well? What scale are they best at representing? Where can I get them? (live in Aussie Land)

Pretty much every documented era of warfare has a ruleset somewhere.

Add to this question (not the op), has anyone been as far to as recreated WW2 and factored in changes in things like weather patterns? How would the fortunes of Europe have differed with more/less clement weather? How would troop movements have been affected?

You know, fantasy what if stuff with dice, hexes and chits.

I think I'll grab some Tamiya 1/35 guys this weekend then, and see what happens.

1/35 is almost 54mm, right?

1/35 of what? An inch? That's 0.725mm

Regarding monster games: it's a personal thing as to whether they're fun or not, for my part I always loved the sedate pace of these kinds of games and their social element. Ideally you want a number of players; the more you have the less of a timesink you have to deal with when it comes to doing paperwork. Some particularly large games really need referees on top of the players. But the joy of h&c gaming is that it works well solitaire, and that's even a great way of learning the rules.

Lots of them seem to turn up in garage sales and so forth these days as the old grogs pop off; I've seen threads in recent years on Veeky Forums when someone has posted a bunch of classic games they scored for a few bucks. On the second hand market they can be potentially expensive; World of Flames (whose world maps I've posted, and which is also an Australian-produced games btw!) has copies on BGG going for between AUS$50-$70.

Strategic gaming like this doesn't work so well for pre-20th century stuff but it still definitely exists. There was a great one I used to have for the Napoleonic era called Le Grande Empire; still pisses me off that it got lost. But there are plenty of smaller-scale ones for every period you could possibly think of. Refer to our Avalon Hill, SPI and (especially) the Strategy & Tactics folders. We happen to have a copy of Campaign for North Africa, one of the most famous monster h&c games there is. In the GDW folder you will find their Third World War system, which covers an 80s-era conflict on a front from the Kola to the Persian Gulf.

If you're totally new to h&c gaming and have a Napoleonic interest, then you really can't go wrong with pdf related; it's been a popular starter for something like forty years and through countless copies.

Any good strategic level game like WiF or CNA does include that sort of thing. CNA in particular has rules reflecting desert rains and how they affected movement.

54mm is a little over 2in.

It's just under 29mm. PDF related is a usual chart for this sort of thing.

Have a look in the OP Strategy and Tactics folders. Each magazine has a full hex and chit game included, from many different eras. Usually best for 2 players, they're detailed, but not too tricky to play. Just takes some reading to work out how the game works, once you learn one you pretty much know them all.

hex table only partially related

Cheers man for both the info and the quick response. I'll have a look both in the OP and at the PDF you posted.

Thanks as well to you.
Strategy and tactics sounds like its the place to look. That table looms pretty sweet too.

Bough the wargame bundle from Bundle Stars that was linked in the last thread. Went for Tier 2.

Looking forward playing them after I get my diploma, and thanks to the user who linked it, they look promising.

Looks like a most glorious board to play Battletech on.

that's 29mm = 1 meter.
Nothing to to do with wargaming 'Xmm' pseudo-scale guff.

I think thats what it was used for

Obligatory for the WW2 nuts among us:

youtube.com/watch?v=zt7o1v9msA0

dont fuck with the mighty KV-1 early war

>48BC Caesar retreats from Dyracchium -- Learn More
>Learn More
Is that advice for Caesar?

>Desire To Learn More Intensifies

are those cobi blocks?

Does anyone have the Altar of Freedom 6mm rules?

6mmacw.com

Is anyone in the south-west of the UK here?

Because there's a Jutland Naval Wargame being run at the end of May. Open to all, no experience necessary.

Ooh, my exams will be done by then. Even though I'm in Yorkshire I'm tempted to get the train down or something.

It's being held at a Naval reserve unit, and I know for a fact there are some bunks there; alternatively the officer organising it has said he might be able to put up a few people.

Worth shooting him an email and at least asking.

Chile?

it's actually there at the bottom of page 1. 54mm = 1/32

I wouldn't want to control units of tens of tanks in a map that big.

I'm playing Tiller's nam game on mobile because of /hwg/

1 hour 50 minute drive from me.

Actually tempted, if only I didn't work the Saturday and Monday surrounding it.

Nice! Wish I were able to attend, but wrong continent and all...

Argentina

pretty sure that lego

Those minifigs and a lot of the detail bits aren't Lego.

boom-p

Bristol's only an hour away I'm sorely tempted.

>496▶
>Does anyone have the Altar of Freedom 6m

Bump

Sorry, was going to reply further last night but I was pretty cooked, burning the candle at both ends with uni lately.
I'd have maybe half a dozen players in the campaign with a regiment each. I don't have the budget or extant collection to do 28mm, I was kinda hoping for 20mm but there's just bugger all available. In 10mm or 6mm I could probably go with hexes which one of my players would prefer and the rest would go along with though, and I need a large pool of enemies; even if I only paint up one European power I still need militia, civilians and Jacobites so the cheaper scales are something that needs to be considered. I just wanted the players to form an attachment to the model representations of their regiments as well as the figures.

I'd still go tbqh, two hours drive isn't too much, stay at a pub or something nearby the night before and drive back after.

Oops, the rules recommend bases for every few companies, so 10mm or probably 6mm might be most appropriate. I'd need to buy a lot of opposition too if 6mm works out cheaper.

Does anybody know when the Perry's release their metal Afghans for the 2nd Anglo Afghan war.

I just finished rewatching 'The Man Who Would be King' and I'm pretty hyped.