WHQ: The Silver Tower Grot Scuttling Edition

Retailers have just been sent this:

In 1994, Games Workshop launched a game called Warhammer Quest. Warhammer Quest is a dungeon bashing game that has proved to be immensely popular over the years and even today many people play the game. Recently there was even a Warhammer Quest computer game and the Warhammer Quest Phone App about the board game has been downloaded over a million times already!

Games Workshop is now releasing a brand new edition for this established and well known & recognised game, full with new miniatures and updated game play. This is a re-imaging of a classic game, where the heroes must battle their way through the Silver Tower to defeat the trials set by the Gaunt Summoner. It is a 2-4 player game, with a random game length depending on the table lay-out and the number of players.

The miniatures will be compatible with regular games and the rules for this will be in White Dwarf 120 (The heroes) and White Dwarf 121 (The bad guys). There will also be a special in-store launch pack with deluxe and limited edition gaming accessories! See photo & details below!

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300/690078.page
games-workshop.com/en-EU/Grimwrath-Berserker
games-workshop.com/en-EU/Hearthguard-Berzerkers
games-workshop.com/en-EU/Vulkite-Berserkers
imgur.com/Wgxbw3W
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A brand new game in a box, telling the story of a group of mighty heroes battling their way through the Silver Tower. The box contains:

51x brand new highly detailed plastic miniatures, the quality of which there is nothing else like it on the market. Some miniatures are brand new concepts for the army, and will excite many customers! The miniatures have a dynamic single pose and will require glue and assembly (they are not push fit, however easy to put together). The miniatures can be divided into two camps:

The Warhammer Quest Heroes
6x individual Warhammer Quest heroes
Knight Questor – The Paladin (Stormcast Eternal)
Darkoeth Chieftan – The Barbarian (Free People)
Fyreslayer Doomseeker The Dwarf (Dwarf)
Excelsior War priest & Gryph Hound – The header and war priest companion (Free People)
Mistweaver Saith – Female wizad (Aelf)
Tenebrand Shard – The assassin (Aelf)

The Denizens
44x individual Warhammer Quest monsters that live in the Silver Tower. The below list of miniatures make for a great addition or a start of an original Grand Alliance Chaos army!
Gaunt Summoner
Ogroid Traumaturge
2x Skaven Deathrunners
8x Familiars
6x Tzaangors (Beastmen)
8x Kairic Acolytes
2x Pink Horrors
4x Blue Horrors
4x pairs of Brimstone Horrors
8x Grot Scuttlings

Gaming Accessories
A guide book
An adventure quest book
13x Reversible board tiles with different landscapes
6x Hero character cards
36x Skill and treasure cards
40x Exploration (event) cards, to offer even more variation to the game so that each game will be different.
A booklet with assembly instructions
Gaming accessories such as assorted gaming counters and dice sets

The game comes in a high quality rigid box (Dark Vengeance size). The box is full with miniatures and game components and therefore fairly heavy. To ensure that your boxes arrive in a good condition, we have pre-packed the new game in reinforced boxes. You can order in singles, however we do recommend that you order Warhammer Quest in quantities of 5, to ensure your orders arrive in a good condition.

Organise a pre-release party in your store to celebrate the launch! We have made our promotional material for this launch weekend even better! Want to make the most out of the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower? The bigger you want to make this release, the more promotional support you will get to have an amazing party in your store!

Launch pack with deluxe and limited edition gaming material! See image.

This launch pack contains:

Deluxe soft touch gaming markers
Packs of deluxe holographic hero character cards. Each hero character card pack also contain 4x limited edition hero character cards for additional heroes. These character cards are not in the game and cannot be found anywhere else!
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower badges (with 6 designs)
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower art cards

This launch pack will definitely help you, to get your customers in store for a Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower release event!

So the question is do I pay full retail + sales tax $159 USD at the GW store to try to get the launch pack exclusives (which I will promptly sell on ebay)?

That's one sexy ogre. The horrors look great too.

>Deluxe soft touch gaming markers
>Packs of deluxe holographic hero character cards. Each hero character card pack also contain 4x limited edition hero character cards for additional heroes. These character cards are not in the game and cannot be found anywhere else!
>Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower badges (with 6 designs)
>Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower art cards

>putting all the nice shit like soft markers and holographic cards in the shitty AoS garbage
>the actual moneymaker 40k gets cheap paper thin cardboard punchouts and cards

The rumor in the DakkaDakka thread dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300/690078.page

Is that WHQ will be its own new game line along with AoS and 40K.

What are soft markers? I know what card board punch out chits are but wtf are soft markers?

Those are for the special limited edition box sets, dumbass. The rest of the copies us plebeians will get will be regular print cards and cardboard markers.

For those of us who give a shit.

So they're so concerned about the AoS stigma killing sales, that they're pitching it to retailers in hopes they'll buy into the self-hype and bump up orders? Because thats what that looks like to me.

God damn Games Workshop is sad. One characteristic of stupid people, is that they underestimate the intellect of others. Games Workshop exhibits that quality to the extreme with their customers, now they are openly insulting retailers' awareness?

A lot of the shit theyve been doing suggests theyre in the early stages of full blown panic.

Everything but correct the actual problems causing sales shrink, right Mr. Rountree?

$40 clampacks. Mark it.

EXCELSIOR!

Except making something like this is planned out longer than 8 months. Likely this game went to the drawing board and was put on the schedule before AoS was released.

But you can continue to think that this is damage control or GW in panic mode if it makes you feel any better.

I just want WFB and the Old World back. I don't want Age of Sigmar Quest I want the real Warhammer Quest of my youth.

Give it a few months. Total Warhammer is gonna revive the universe or I'll eat my hat.

You better start soaking that hat in something to make it go down easier.

A thousand internets to the first one who models this with Stan Lee's head.

>goblins actually mutating into spiders
spooky

>Each hero character card pack also contain 4x limited edition hero character cards for additional heroes.
pretty much expected. They did this for the old WHQ too.

Apparently GW is going to put out an app where you can buy the rules for new heroes. There is another rumor that said the app will make use of QR codes to give you the rules either for WHQ products and/or AoS products.

It's very likely not going to happen, you'll see some people take an interest in Fantasy lore and maybe buy books and that is about it.

>no skellies or vamps I can slide into my main army

Not worth the $599 USD + tip they're gonna charge for this.

Meh.

Tzeentch is my favorite and the Tzaangors and Cultists look alright but I don't have any use for them.

So I'm gonna need a milliong Tzaangors and Cultists.

Chances on people selling their mooks/GW releasing booster box type things?

I know the genestealers got jack shit but are they saying they want WHQ to be a thing?

There is a decent chance that GW will release the models individually at some point.

The Assassins all got released and there is a rumor that the next couple weeks will see a release of the contents from Betrayal at Calth.

Well assassins are a 40k unit still no? So that would explain why they got out of boxed. None of the Overkill stuff got repackaged so I'm shaded.

Plastic boxes of 30k marines would be pretty stellar though.

>literally Diablo: Board game

>warhammer stole from diablo
I feel like I've seen this before...

so it has come full circle, hasn't it?

Shit. I think I'll have to purchase this game. Those miniatures look really nice.

Overkill was, what, two months ago? The assassins got individually released well over a year after Execution Force.

That honestly sounds like an excellent thing.

I also enjoy Warcraft, come at me bro

Does this thing even have a face?

Best Chaos miniature Ever done by GW.

If they have an army of those dudes undivided i'll play AoS no prob.

>black warpriest

dropped

Likely, it's just that the angles it has been photographed at probably don't show it.

>>Chances on people selling their mooks/GW releasing booster box type things?

Lets just wait for our friend in the east

>buying recast resin of plastic sculpts
>from discount GW box sets
>that can be bought on ebay piecemeal

That's like three times more pathetic than normal recast buying.

That is its face. Do you think the photograph that accompanies the stats wouldn't show the face?

>paying for gw prices
>It´s okay, I got 10% discount :^)

Now thats pathetic

I wouldn't be surprised after seeing some Warscroll pictures.

At any rate the picture itself isn't the clearest and if the model is positioned in such a way where the face is supposed to be visible, it's probably wearing a helmet or mask.

>page 30

Mah nigga. Thanks senpai

Thank whoever gave it to Atia on War of Sigmar.

Having rules for all the hero minis across AoS is a fucking great idea. Well played, GW.

No, fuck you. I'm thanking the user who posted it.

if it was you, thanks family

That Doomseeker some new dorf fluff? I though he was just an ordinary dorf warrior, looked so from the old group photo, but here he's a troll slayer... with a helmet? All very odd to me.

Yes.
Fyreslayers look like slayers but don't act much like them.
Doomseeker does.

Wtf, they even have their own codex?

Yeah. First new non-Chaos non-Stormcast guys in AoS.

But for the sake of Sigmar don't read the fluff.
They are as undwarfy as possible

Well, they look kinda cool at least. I'm warming up to 'em. Are Doomseekers like their elites or what?

Dwarves were never cool.

They're pretty dwarfy. GOLD-LUST is a big part of them.

>Are Doomseekers like their elites or what?

Doomseeker is a hero.

Ah, I thought from that Doomseeker was a unit in the Fyreslayer army. I've always been lukewarm on dwarves but this Fyreslayer thing is nifty so that DS guy would be up my alley, he kinda seems like the berzerker of the group?
Shame the resolution of the hero pics is so shitty...

>Doomseeker was a unit in the Fyreslayer army. I've always been lukewarm on dwarves but this Fyreslayer thing is nifty so that DS guy would be up my alley, he kinda seems like the berzerker of the group?

Fyreslayers do a lot of Berzerking in general.

>games-workshop.com/en-EU/Grimwrath-Berserker
>games-workshop.com/en-EU/Hearthguard-Berzerkers
>games-workshop.com/en-EU/Vulkite-Berserkers

I'm not reallly feeling this "trapped in tzeentch dungeon FOREVER" setting? What I liked about the original WHQ was your group traveling around and delving into all kinds of grottos and dungeons. And there was events that could take place in towns, taverns or en route to your adventures, no? Variety, man!

There's some great shit in there

Gaunt Summoner looks like an alien from Shakara
Darkoath Chieftain looks like Slaine
Tenebrael Shard looks like a specific wood elf illustration by John Blanche
Knight-Questor looks really badass when he's not surrounded by other dudes who look just like him

>Darkoath Chieftain looks like Slaine
Already planning to paint mine up in tartan desu

>They're pretty dwarfy. GOLD-LUST is a big part of them.

Also they are big on holding to oaths no matter what,

Yes but since it's Tzeentch - it's anything-can-happen-dungeon.

Because they blew up the fucking world where people can just go out, adventure and kill some skeletons.

>I'm not reallly feeling this "trapped in tzeentch dungeon FOREVER" setting?

The setting is the mortal realms, the Silver Tower is the Quest.

You could do that anywhere.

We wuz emperor n sheeit.

Hey man what did skeletons ever do to you

HOL UP

Look at AoS in general, Wow Ripoffs like the Orcs or the Outlands in general and He-man too.

You're a moron. You are one of those people that say that tyranid are zerg ripoffs aren't you?

This new warhammer quest is about as far removed from diablo as you can get. Old warhammer quest could be seen as a diablo rip IF IT DIDN'T COME FIRST

>The My Hero app also allows you to create your own heroes,
Wow, I may actually consider this purchase.

>That elephant in the room
Literally hyped to dropped in 5 seconds flat.

What? The fact that a black man can't worship who they wanted?
Are you a communist or something?

Ok I want the horrors

is there a mini for the Qt elf?

>Except making something like this is planned out longer than 8 months.

Or not.

The oruks (fuck it hurts even simply typing it) shaman official pic is LITERALLY Gazgul from WoW. Literally. The undead army could have an undead elf qt as a faction leader that you'd still suck GW's dick and claim it's a coincidence.

Who is Gazgul?

It's a character from a popular MMO that the design team of AoS loves to steal their designs and ideas from.

Ghazghkull is a character from a popular miniatures wargame that the design team of Blizzard loves to steal their designs and ideas from.

I am pretty sure you're talking about Gul'dan, but whatever. So if he is LITERALLY Gul'dan, the character in AoS would be named Gul'dan, and it would talk of his backstory being the exact same as Gul'dan, burning legion, founding of the orcish horde from outland and all. Because that's what it means to be LITERALLY a copy of something.

You are such a retard.

I've played WoW, but I don't know who Gazgul is.
Do you have a picture, or a link to the NPC?
Do you mean Ner'zhul? Because I don't think he looks very similar.

>I am pretty sure you're talking about Gul'dan, but whatever. So if he is LITERALLY Gul'dan, the character in AoS would be named Gul'dan, and it would talk of his backstory being the exact same as Gul'dan, burning legion, founding of the orcish horde from outland and all. Because that's what it means to be LITERALLY a copy of something.

>Being this autistic.

>autistic.
Oh look, another word you don't understand the meaning of. Typical.

Nigger bitch I said PIC. You bitch about words' meaning yet you don't even know what a picture is.

Ah and there you are still wrong. If that were LITERALLY a picture of Gul'dan, then it would be blizzard art. Are you going to keep grasping?

fucking kill yourself.

>Fanarts of guldan aren't of guldan

You high on 'shrooms you grot ?

gul'dan has a beard, though

And anyways, both the AoS shaman and Gul'dan were directly inspired by the classic GW Orc shaman. Of fucking course there's going to be similarities. Warcraft Orcs are (according to your definition) LITERALLY GW Orcs with a slightly different coat of paint.

I will probably buy some Chinese knock offs of the horrors and just play Descent, Dungeon Saga, or maybe even invest in Kingdom Death as the game designers are actually competent.

>(according to your definition)

I'm not the guy who said literally, just the one who pointed out your autistic traits.

Dude, get the fuck over it. Companies steal from each other all the fucking time. There is nothing original anymore. This is not the first time GW stole something from another source, nor will it be the last. Blizzard steals from GW, GW steals from Tolkien. Blizzard steals from Tolkien. TSR steals from Tolkien. WotC steals from Blizzard. Blizzard steals from WotC... i could go on.

The point is things all begin to look eerily similar as time goes on and all ideas get less original. Any faggot who claims old warhammer is more original than AoS is just as idiotic as those who claims that AoS is more original than old warhammer.

All the fantasy settings can do is put a different spin and mix things up, and that's the best we can hope for with originality. The whole argument is asinine.

Dude, there is a difference between inspiration, even HUGE inspiration and blatant outright rip off.

A hood does not make him Gul'dan.

Here is Gul'dan. He is pretty much depicted this way in most of his art, with variation.

Spot any differences? If you do, then the ironjawz shaman could be argued that he is inspired by gul'dan, but not a 'blatant outright rip off'

Want to know what a blatant outright rip off would be? imgur.com/Wgxbw3W

The GW shilling is strong in this thread. Can't expect smegmarines fanboys to be honest anyway.

Neutral third party here, while I can see the inspiration drawn from gul'dan, there's not enough to call him a ripoff

>imgur.com/Wgxbw3W
holy shit that is blatant.
Did anything come about from this? I'd be surprised if GW let it go.

I hate Sigmar Ines but love this boxed game. I played warhammer quest as a kid with my uncles, this will bring back what we had bonded over