/twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

Princess, you came for me! Edition

We're currently working on Gen V

Here's the current worklog:
| Gen V |
-Text fixes
-Army Upgrades Page

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Game welcome here!

Everyone welcome.

FAQ:
Q - What is Towergirls?
A Veeky Forums creation. Read more here.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Tower_Girls

Q - How do I play?
A - It's a CYOA, there are no established mechanics for the rescue. All the pages to the game are in the imgur album linked in resources.

Q - Why aren't/are we we working on; Fan Gen II/Knights/combat mechanics/etc.
A - No. We recognize that spreading out our efforts is what originally killed the project. Accordingly, we're focusing on just one thing at a time and finishing them out.

Q - Hey, can we make a pricness about X fetish?
A - It generally comes down to what people like. Propose the idea and see if others want it.

Q - Is there a map/unified setting?
A - Nope. Though proposals have been made, nothing concrete has been created.

Q - Can I post fanart/fanfiction here?
A - Go right on ahead, just make sure it's within the global rules.

Resources:
Imgur Album - imgur.com/a/maXHJ
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board - https:// infinity ch.net/twgrl
Booru - tower-girls.booru.org/
Templates - (Photo user has been lazy and needs to update the download)

Games:
Subtitle Pending:
towergirls.boards.net/
Kingdom Conquest:
towerkc.blogspot.ca/

Original Brush:
Photoshop - stumpypencil.blogspot.com/2009/11/return-of-stumpy-pencil.html
SAI - beroleagle.deviantart.com/art/Paint-Tool-SAI-Pencil-Brushes-96742060
Gimp - elmerucr.deviantart.com/art/Real-Pencil-Brushes-for-GIMP-57810771

Fonts:
"04b_19" is used for the name of the Princess
dafont.com/04b-19.font
"Bebas Neue Regular" is used for all the rest of the text.
dafont.com/bebas-neue.font

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10172082
strawpoll.me/10172082/r
strawpoll.me/10181306
strawpoll.me/10181340
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Strawpoll bump:

strawpoll.me/10172082

>Princess you came for me
I think this has to be one of the better things that came from me screwing up.

are the charts in the imgur album the most up to date?

Unfortunately, no, at least not for gen v. The rest are up to date, AFAIK

Since I was bored, I statted up Dickwraith Knight. However, now that I am looking at it, I am starting to think that it feels too NTR-ish, which might rub people the wrong way. Would it be wise to drop the idea?

This. I should have them up to date minus Gen V because active development and I would waste a lot of time constantly reuploading for every edit.

Change it so he ganks the knight for their loot or just to kill him instead.

If you want to. It probably won't get support for being made 'official', but don't stop just because it may trigger some spergies.

is this the most recent?

Yes. That is the most up to date one i have uploaded. I've made some fixes on my copy (wahle princes, for example), but was wanting to wait to upload it until we had a chance to discuss the header text and such.

So, how do we want to describe DPV capturing these lovely ladies?

She marched her armies in, took the princess hostage, stole their magical secrets from their kingdom's vaults, and used the princesses as leverage to convert their people into her kingdom and her armies which she used to conquer more lands.

That's probably much better.

>Knight Hunting Phantom
>Invader Knight

+Skillful at ambushing fellow knights
+Loots knights that he defeats in combat
+Can imprint a tower with a mystical sign that lets him arrive as a phantom as long as a knight is nearby it
-Princesses might not approve of his actions
-Will be hunted by other knights, especially victims of his ambushes

Stamina: 2
Power: 3
Speed: 3
Charisma: 2
Wit: 2

Backstabber: Not the flashiest weapon, but it's enchanted to inflict devastating wounds when it strikes from behind
Phantom Ring: A ring of eldritch origins, it vibrates intensely when a knight arrives at a tower Invader Knight placed a sign on

I would think of a power, but I need to leave now. So it will be tomorrow.

>She came, she saw, she kicked some ass.
I can get behind this. +1 for this.

If he's a dickwraith, maybe something based on the Dark Hand. Where if he grabs you he starts to absorb your energy and kill you.

Does anyone have the Yokai Knight card? I might try to think of stats for him.

>that OP pic

Are you guys still using that placeholder I threw together?

Which one?
You mean the corner of the Knights page?

Who's the girl wearing the colorful clothing in the bottom right? She looks delightfully exotic.

Ace, the default knight. Or the knight that has its colours inverted in OP's picture.

Oh, no. GM Princess, namefag, made a blunder in their words and we made a joke out of it, someone posted that pic, sorry.

Mitochondrial Princess of the Amoebic Kingdom
>+Is Self Reliant
>-maybe a bit too self Reliant
>+didn't eat anyone to get her internal supports
>-feeds on life energy
>+can give it back with interest

>Ancient Power armor
>skin tight thermal suits
>Ancient airship [contains many VR sims of exotic encounters]

PossibleCompanions/military
>Amoebic parasites

Possible god
>Choh-zohe, God of Power ups
>Worshiped: Ancient Tengu Spirits serve as mentors of all professions
>Renounced: Ancient Tengu Spirits will curse all external boosts in power to mutate you in some way

Does she enjoy using her tentacles or having tentacles used on her? Judging by her anatomy I'd say it'd be the first, which isn't too clear really.

I only said tentacles because I can see her enjoying both

Well, worth noting that princesses with a fetish a human can't satisfy usually provide a method of doing so somewhere. Like a lust bonus that makes you grow tentacles etc.

hmmm, I thought of it but I felt it would have gotten redundant with the Symbiote related stuff that already exisst

Looking at your princess I was wondering what those 'parasites' did. Do they turn you all Samus or something?

well I was assuming they are her subjects

Yeah, but a princess' companions often have a role or function, and sometimes are involved in the princess' power/wealth bonus.

then maybe they fill the role of armor/suits for those who skipped the other symbiotic related stuff, but with a vampiric angle too

I'd go for a more like, they integrate into your body and enhance you without altering you outside.

ahh internal

Yeah, I think that'll make them a little more unique and not like the armor courtier or symbiote princess.

Would make sense as a power bonus if she's fan gen III honestly.

I like it as it gives us our first properly aggressive Dragon Princess.
(though DP2 could also class as that)

I came late.
So what is this about?
And why isnt it just gen(x) / expansions?

because people are getting picky and want to differentiate the "official" gens that gats made, and the gens we made after he left

I'm personally for original/tg/expansion because expansion makes way more sense as expansions to the generation than calling gen 4 and 5 "expansions" at least to me

also because false doesn't make sense beyond 1.5

First, thx.
>gets picky
Whats the big deal?
Its easy genI-III (original), genIV< (more princesses), false genI< & charts (expansions).
I would even just name them gens and expansions.
For me too. At least this option is the one nearest to my view on things.

Why does the name matter? They all mean the same thing in the end.

strawpoll.me/10172082/r

I mostly just don't want the add on gens to be called false or fake, because the first one was called that because everything was a sham

It was a fake dragon, pretended to kidnap people who where pretending to be princesses, from pretend kingdoms, in a fake castle, with fake guards, and sent out fake requests for help

and while our add-ons moving forward are using "unconventional" dragons, they don't have fakeness as a running theme

Alternatively, since these levels tend to have the princesses that didn't make the main gens, tend to have odd dragons with odd motivations, and tend to have that 'bonus level' feel overall, I'm all for them being called False gens because it's still funny.

I think something like side quest would sum that up better

But we are still fake. Put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig. We are just a buncha guys and gals making the equivalent of deviantart fanwank OCs.

That being said...where is Marysue Princess?

>All your work means nothing you're just a bunch of worthless fakers!

Yeah, we are, can't take it? Grow some thicker skin or maybe this isn't the place for you

>We
And what work have you done on this, exactly?

The princesses from the fake gen weren't designed with fakeness in mind, though, and for some it doesn't really fit. Like, Fire Princess is part of a set of elemental princesses from the original fan/expansion chart, and her being fake wouldn't make much sense if the remaining 3 are real princesses, while Demon Princess's father is supposed to be a demon lord, which probably would make her a real demon princess.
Merrow Princess has a fake crown, though (the "crown" is actually her esca), so she's probably not a real princess.

To me, the fakeness was only in the dragon and the kidnapping. That's the assumption I came into it with, the girls are princesses, but they were kidnapped and just decided to help their wyvern friend with her confidence issues.

While I don't disagree with your sentiment (IE: that calling them fake is insulting to the work done), there comes a point where if you keep responding to these people it's just underlining their point.

If you really don't think that these gens are fake or less worthy than the originals, then don't even bother responding to people who suggest they are.

At the same time, i don't think Calling gens fake as their title is helpful to anyone

well the "Fake Gen" was literally a joke gen about a fake castle with a bunch of fake princesses. I think you're being a BIT over sensitive when you're taking offense at the goddamn joke of that entire generation.

The guy who instigated this entire shitty argument apologized. Do we -really- have to keep dragging it up and shitting up the threads and being oversensitive? What is this? Tumblr? Do we need to start spoilering every opinion and put in trigger warnings and shit?

No no no, its not that, its the idea in the poll of labeling all extensions as "fake gens" that i take issue with

oh yeah, that's pretty dumb. Even Fan Gen is better than that.

Why not "Bonus Gen" or "Gen Add-on"?

We need mecha army.

A generic default knight army.
A monster army
A flying army
Laser shark people army

Rip

I'm not a newfag, but I've always been confused by this laser shark man meme. Is it supposed to be funny in its own right, or is there some kind of story behind it?

Sharks with laser beams is a reference to Austin Powers.
It lightly permeated into other things and looks fucking awesome.

Austin Powers.

Nah today is just slow all across Veeky Forums for some reason. Except /vp/ because new pokemon.

Seriously every thread I'm in is at a crawl today.

Moon Bat and Sun Lion Princesses please

>Moon Bat Princess
>Sun Lion Princess

No idea what these are, but they sound awesome

The brand new pokemon legendaries. Figured if I was going to bring up the games I might as well make a princess suggestion.

> Legendary Pokemon

Moon Bat? Sun Lion? Neither of those sound like any of the 151 Pokemon that I know of

Are you seriously doing this

(Sigh) Yes. I'm old, and I'm tired of new pokemon.

I'm older and I still love them.

Now where's my hairjob princess.

Hairdresser Master, Gen IV second page.

>Delinquent Knight
I'm tempted to stat out a Cosmetics Princess based off of Aya Tsuji

who

a psychic salon owner from the same series that Delinquent Knight and Trickster Knight reference. She's the one on the right, and she has the power to change a person's fate in life by changing their facial features.

This is way old, but if we're discussing Team Rocket enemies, why not a Demoknight?

He is very glossy.

Wow that's creepy.

leg body looks odd. Maybe its because of his very long arm?

>good taste in hats
lol, nice one.

More ideas ripped from pop culture:

Copper Knight II (Sam Vimes)
Dog Knight II (Greater Dog)
Dragon Knight II (Dovahkiin)
Drow Knight (Spiderman crossed with Drizzt, but MOSTLY SPIDERMAN)

Rider knight [Kamen]

Mobage Princess:

She has no positives and destroys everything you loved.

That should work.

>Knight Hunting Phantom
>Invader Knight

>+Skillful at ambushing and looting fellow knights
>+Utilizes occult magic to give him an edge in battles
>+Can imprint a tower with a mystical sign that lets him arrive as a phantom on the condition that a knight is nearby
>-Princesses might not approve of his actions
>-Will be hunted by other knights, especially victims of his ambushes

>Stamina: 2
>Power: 3
>Speed: 3
>Charisma: 1
>Wit: 3

>Backstabber: Not the flashiest weapon, but it's enchanted to inflict devastating wounds when it strikes from behind
>Phantom Ring: A ring of eldritch origins, it vibrates intensely when a knight arrives at a tower Invader Knight placed a sign on

>Life Drain: With hands covered in occult energy, Invader Knight may drain life from anyone he touches or grabs. Just make sure that there's life to actually drain.

>"A ruthless renegade with a non-knightly modus operandi, Invader Knight is despised by most knights. It is rumored that he was once a squire who looked up to and idolized knights, until he grew disillusioned by the acts of the knights he accompanied."

Why did you just describe Dog Princess?

wwe bros?

Greater dog?

wrestling princess when

Undertale character .He's a small sapient dog occupying a large suit of armor.

Someone was working on it, so it's on him to finalize the profile.

Copper Knight 2:
+Expert in both ranged and melee combat
+Doesn't kill unless he has to; obeys moral code
+This actually isn't that bad, he's no pacifist
-Is irritable and resentful of being pushed around
-Has a darker side he sometimes fails to keep in check

Stats:

Stamina: 2
Power: 2
Speed: 2
Charisma: 1
Wit: 3

Items:

Burleigh and Stronginthearm Special: An extremely accurate and powerful, but slow to reload weapon.

Badge of Office: Flash this to make the lawless cower in terror.

The Dark Inside: When pushed to his limits, Copper Knight has a chance to go berserk, attacking enemies without heed of his own safety, reducing Charisma and Wit to 1 and increasing his Stamina, Power, and Speed by 1.

"A policeman from a great faraway city, Copper Knight was sent off to war to "smooth over diplomatic relations." He resents the lost time with his family, and wants to get back as soon as possible."

Dog Knight II:
+Always cheerful and affectionate
+Strong as all hell
+Can hide in comically small spaces
-Thinks fighting is playing
-Wants to play with EVERYONE
-This means you, too

Stats:

Stamina: 4
Power: 4
Speed: 1
Charisma: 3
Wit: 1

Items:

Te(r/m)mie Armor: Increases Dog Knight's strength massively, and grants him limited self-regeneration.

Kanis' Lance: A spear which can sunder the most mighty of armors.

Special ability:

Outrider: Can get out of his armor, increasing Speed by 3 but decreasing Power to 1.

Strawpoll update:
strawpoll.me/10172082

After 31 cast votes, Original/Veeky Forums/expanion is leading with two votes as the most favored nomenclature for the generations we produce here. Should I call it, or would somebody else like to cast their votes for a more correct terminology?

Just call it, so we can move on. That argument seems to have stalled us pretty bad, and we should get back on track for finalizing that army template and getting some princesses done. Though it looks like no artists around today.

Didn't we already have a template decided on? Some guy a thread or two ago had a list with 2 armies and a template. I think it was kobolds and succubi or something.

Everybody has an opinion, but nobody wants to make a call. Time for more strawpolls!

>Layout:
strawpoll.me/10181306

>Details
strawpoll.me/10181340

>reminder: Captains require an additional description to go with their troops

Oh, thx.

He completed a template yeah, but nobody spoke up to support it.

Fished this up from many threads back:

>Clockwork Cobbler's Kingdom
>Automaton Trooper
>Passive Boon: Handcannon
>Grants small cannons that can be carried.
>Powerful, but heavy and inaccurate.
>Unique ability: Better, Faster, Stronger
>The Automatons will improve and repair themselves outside of battle.
>Endurance - 5
>Numbers - 5
>Training - 1
>Power- 3

>Specialty Unit: War Machine
>A titanic mechanical humanoid seige weapon.

Foocubi Auxiliaries
A unit of attractive men and women, who's unconventional approach to combat leaves their opponents distracted and drained.
Passive Boon: Target of Lust
Enemies are less likely to use lethal force when capturing seems so much more appealing, somehow
Unique ability: Morale Hazard
Tactical strikes at vulnerable targets make it difficult for the enemy to get out of bed

Endurance - 4
Numbers - 2
Training - 3
Power - 1

Extra Bonus: Cross training
The Foocubi advise your regulars on how to look good, even sexy, even while on campaign, making them more attractive over.

>Name of Kingdom
>Name of Captain
>Passive Boon: Boon Name
>Description
>Unique ability: Ability Name
>Description
>Endurance -
>Numbers -
>Training -
>Power-

>Specialty Unit: Unit Name
>Description.

So what do you guys think?

I like the ideas, but I'd wait on statting them out until we decide on the template.

Also, was perusing through last thread and saw
and , I created Music princess and the general consensus was that she would work better as a Gen III Princess than Gen II, so I wanted to put her in for Fake Gen III. I apologize that I read this post after someone already put the effort into making a Gen II sheet for her.

We'll keep it in mind then, shouldn't be too long to Gen 3 once we get the army stuff done

Quick, drawn your princess concept in mspaint.

can i do photoshop instead