When you play melee fighters, what fighting style do they use?

When you play melee fighters, what fighting style do they use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ln94E9AGYTc
youtube.com/watch?v=VIKMPIFJkzk
youtube.com/watch?v=8SoCRiETBsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That made me hard

Pro Wrestling

Hit things with other things.

>beating up a 10 year old
Real tough of you, Wonder Woman

>10-year-old
I really hope you don't think that's Mary Marvel.

Surprise.

Sword and board.
Or big fucking hammer.

Bass Dropping.

>be Barbarian from the North Country.
>your weapons are a spear for meele
> and a sack of Feral Halflings you throw at peoples faces.
>they like you cause you feed them.
> you like them because they're all named George.

>that elbow drop
OHHHH YEAHHHH

Polearms, objectively the coolest weapons.

The superior katana of course.

>Be bowman onto of high wall
>My buddy and I see this Barbarian rushing the wall with something in his hands
>A second later a fucking halfling is stabbing my buddy
>My face when that fucker is throwing more of them

>Sword and Board
My shield wall brother in arms.

I laughed.

Who is it then?

Wu-tang

Superwoman, Wonder Woman's evil Earth-3 counterpart. I can't recall if an evil Mary Marvel was in the movie, though.

>Barbarian
Big Fucking Maul, that sounds thunder on impact and sends people flying.
She was trained in fist-fighting and short-sword so her general style for the hammer were large sweeps. But the thing was practically Mjölnir so she didn't really care to improve much.

>Knight
Spetum, Rifle and Pavise shield.
She was raised fighting as part of a unit that mostly fought spear and shield-wall and so became a classical 'tank' in combat. Holding her ground and receiving an enemy charge.
She also became quite a marksman with her gun as well.

>Ninja
Kick-arse Ninja skills.
I based her heavily off Kurenai from the old game Red Ninja. She had the rope hidden up her sleeve complete with hook, weight and Kunai blade attachments. Wakizashi blade, a Sword Umbrella like Lady Snowblood and even an Odachi.
By the end of the campaign, she was pretty much solely reliant on the Odachi simply because of killing power as our opponents got stronger.
Pic related, it's the character art I used at first.

>Paladin
Spear, Long Sword and Flail.
She was skilled in the blade and oft-used the flail as well but when she found a spear that had belonged to her Order and was rumoured to have belonged to their founder, she started using it religiously. The sword and flail rarely see use anymore.

This. It's my favorite "fighting style" Just pick up whatever is closest and bash the shit out of your enemies with it.

That or just go ballistic on an opponent with their hands

The creators said Superwoman is the other universe Mary Marvel

reckless

You're not supposed to use pavises in melee combat. You can't realistically fight around them, only above them, which means the enemy immediately learns your only attack option.

>Paladin

Depends slightly on the weapons, but usually I go sword and board. One of my favorite paladins simply used a two-handed sword to deliver justice, but my last paladin used javelins from a range before closing with a scimitar.

>Monk
A pair of kamas, used in a sort of defensive style to disarm opponents before taking them out, either with the blade or maybe stunning them with the handles. Sometimes I'll make use of a short sword or fists, but I honestly don't find most of the exotic weapons options all that interesting.

God I miss Edge

And as for the actual topic

Bare Fucking Fists

Fighter/Rogue multiclass, spring attack tree, hit'n run then done.

Think of it as rule of cool in effect.
Like Cloud's Buster Sword.

Ass cannon

Like the ladder scene from that Jackie Chan movie.

Tir Na Nogg GunFu.

I like a lot of styles. Big hammers are fun. My latest favourite is playing a Brawler in Pathfinder, though. Being super adaptable and able to cheese all kinds of encounters by pulling the perfect feats out of your ass is pretty amazing.

Alright, gun bunny.

He's martial adept.

It's... complicated.

Another Runner? PhysAd?

PhysAds are literally the most fun you can have in Shadowrun. Especially if you spec in archery too (and have a very well-maintained alchemist contract).

Climb on top of a nigga and suplex him style.
No, I don't care that he's 8 times my size. No, I'm not going to use my sword on him. I will suplex this thing if it's the last thing I do.
It's usually the last thing I do.

>what fighting style do they use?
RIP AND TEAR

Suplexes are gay

only true way to play barbarian is the hotlinemiami way.......now i want to make a hotlinemiami theamed campaing in shadowrun.

I play monks like this. Resulted in some of the best fights I've ever had

youtube.com/watch?v=ln94E9AGYTc
Hitting people in the head all day every day while playing overly dramatic music.

Usually sword and board, but I'm playing a monk at the moment who is basically a big fat pirate chef who punches guys and throws daggers (kitchen knives) from range.

I did enjoy playing a game with five players where we all made ourselves up as Roman Legionnaire-types who used tower shields and spears/swords in a phalanx. We were all knights too so we all had retainers who sat in the back ranks with swords
>playing 5E
>Fighting a bunch of Orcs in some ruins
>All the Orcs have no room to maneuver because hallway is only six tiles wide
>Any attempts to shuffle around are met with attacks of op, as there is almost always someone leaving someone else's range
>One Orc gets the bright idea, being the bezerker type, to just barge through us, take the penalties, and try to fuck us from behind
>He gets through and finds our squires ready with swords
>he proceeds to get fucked from both ends

It was pretty fun.

This - WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

>makes the premier female cape in the alternate universe a member of the Marvel Family
>doesn't have her use her magic
I mean come on. There was a golden opportunity for Superwoman to perform her own suplex, say Shazam in the middle so the lightning strikes Wondy instead.

practical/10
do want

Did you miss the part where the rest of the "Super" Family shows up and all having Black and Yellow color patterns and have lightning powers.

Yeah that was cool as fuck.
But I'd like to see more use of superpowers in conjunction with the actual fighting moves. Less PUNCH THEN KICK THEN BEAM, more PUNCH THEN KICK BUT ACTUALLY A BEAM FROM THE FOOT

>full plate
>pole axe

according to Veeky Forums i am invincible in every melee encounter now

I could beat you

> When you play melee fighters, what fighting style do they use?
> play melee fighters
> melee fighters
Only massocists and morons who have problems counting past 5 do this.

Gun Cat-a, technically.

Welcome home sir.

>poleaxe

I think you misspelled "halberd".

I try to get my GMs clearance on it but I like to run a one handed sword with a buckler that leaves the free hand open for grabs and cheap shot punches with a cestus or punch dagger
It's pretty fun to RP being a mercenary scoundrel Who fights like a generic wwe mook hyped to 11

Dual wielding master race.
>shank two kniggas once
>shank a knigga twice

I roll a d20, and if it's a high number, then that's probably good.

I fuckin' loved that shit. I've made TWF dervish swashbuckler scouts before, so I felt a kinship to him in that scene.

I love that it's the Miracleman outfit.

The last pure melee character I ran:
>leap attack barbarian with greathammer
Those were good times.

Wait, so Owlman was knowingly dicking a 10yo little girl?

It's not like Batman's any better with the little boys.

If he's playing anima, he can but
>Large shields
>Ever
It's like you HATE initiative

I've been wanting to roll up a dude that looks like the stereotypical fat, sleazy ass merchant who settles arguments with good old fashioned duels.

Trick there is the 'fat' is actually padded armor and he's a hell of a fencer, aggressive and mobile German style.
He keeps adding to his jewhorde via judicial duels and pissing off the right people just enough to get them to want to scrap.

youtube.com/watch?v=VIKMPIFJkzk
youtube.com/watch?v=8SoCRiETBsE

Probably.

>Like you wouldn't

BAH GAWD, WONDER WOMAN'S GOT HER WITH THE LASSO! RING THE DAMN BELL, REF, THAT'S GOTTA BE ILLEGAL!

KNEE TO THE FACE! AND THE ELBOW DROP! SLOBBERKNOCKER! SHE'S DONE, THIS MATCH IS OVER!

Did I say otherwise?

Nah, halberds are much longer and meant more for formation fighting. Pollaxes are shorter and easier to handle in one-on-one combat.

Nah, she's too chubby

Dual wield swords or two-handing some massive sword. Unique, I know.

Currently playing a PhysAd who fights with a mix of 54 block (?), Thai boxing and parkour. So many kicks to the head....

Warhammer + shield when I need to be defensive, greatsword when it's time to smite

Weasel War Dance.

>dude uses all of his might with both hands and swings at the edgy duel wielding man
>blade comes to full stop when it hits the man who is blocks it with a sword

What is sword physics GoT? that scene made my creamy autistic center fucking shrivel up.

When comes around hand 2 hand id prefer moay thai
and daggers when having some blades

cooperative

God dammit, I need more stories about this glorious barbarian (Is it weird I want him to be named "Boardz Zohe Truwahman")

She's got an adult body.
I don't see what the issue is here.

Something like this, but also with the ability to flip it over and smash as well.

I fell in love with the Knight class in PHBII and imagined some chance to play a knight wielding some kind of Axe with a shield as well.

In that movie, yes. Usually she's Lois Lane, Amazon.

>not supporting the canon pairings

With as many dirty tricks as possible.

Quick launching arm-blades, helmet mounted auto-shotguns, sharpening gauntlets, heat dumping jets facing all directions and weaponized energy shields,

That kind of shit.

What movie is this?

>Be barbarian
>Flanked by two Kobolds
>Grapple one
>Second tries to stab ass
>Flex gluteus maximus and it misses
>Swing grappled Kobold
>Snap grounded Kobld's neck
>Tear grappled Kobold in two

Monk with lots of ranks in improvised weapons

Does it really matter, Owlman?
Does anything matter?

It does not

I favour sword&board, but always fond of the good ol'art of punching your enemies in the face, wrestling at hitting them with the biggest and more dense thing i have at hand, usually our rogue.

Always polearm when the game will let me. Failing that some manner of sword.

Kick out their knees, throw dirt, blindside, brawl and exploit your opponent. Opportunism and pragmatism are the name of the game, especially against the sort of odds a PC usually is usually against.

His fists
His special move?
Hit it till it dies

Loved 80% of that fight. But the behind the back blind blocks and the one-handed blocks of two-handed power swings made me cringe a little.

I get that they had to make this legendary character look legendary, but it just looked overly choreographed.

Ser Barristan's "Captain Fundamentals!" fight has this one beat as far as I'm concerned. Kills in the double digits and no dancy twirly shit.

You don't have to care about initiative in Anima if you have a shield and 6 AT.