Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Drunk on power Highborne Edition.

Discuss Warcraft as a Tabletop campaign setting

>last thread:

How would you use the basic creep factions as a true power in the world and threat to both Alliance and Horde?

By forming a confederation of mooks tires of being exp farmed.

Intense Enthusiatic Breeding

>That last thread's post count

Feels so good that these threads are finally dying off.

Well there's only so many WS pics they can post to Jack off to. I still take it over a quest thread that belongs on another board. But yeah Warhammrr lore doesn't leave a lot of room for discussion because it's either needlessly convoluted or inanely simplistic.

Queen Azshara did nothing wrong!

the original basis of WoD was supposed to be Garrosh forming a "mongrel Horde" of gnolls, kobolds, murlocs and quilboars, but that got scrapped in favour of Orclords of Orcnor

fuck off N'zoth

It may be time to only do these threads once a week like the TES Lore threads.

"Warcraft Wednesday" has a nice ring to it

Actually had an RP thing based around this.

My draenei paladin had to come to terms with the fact that the AU version of himself died like a coward.

I'm pretty sure she did everything wrong.

>the original basis of WoD
Where do you think I got the picture?

The idea really makes me want to explore an alternate universe setting where Garrosh had a more perfect fusion with Y'Shaarj and was reborn as a new God of War before being banished, and a bunch of creeps started worshiping him.

I always enjoyed the more subtle side stories than the over the top epics that replaced them as the years went by. Tirion was just some guy who asked you to kill 30 plaguebats.

But that Augustus the Touched guy... loved that dude and I won't forget my surprise finding a quest there or helping him find his receipt book for the first time.

As a tabletop setting I feel it would work best if you pretend it is still 2005 Warcraft. Otherwise everyone would be some fearless and invincible commander who has saved the world a dozen times over.

>As a tabletop setting I feel it would work best if you pretend it is still 2005 Warcraft.
As a tabletop setting, just don't play it like it's a video game or limited to the events of a video game.

She wanted Sargeras's dick. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I always got angry that my PC was too stupid to figure out that the quest giver he was talking to was evil. The Abercrombie questions for instance, or the ones you do for the disguised Black Dragon in Searing Gorge from Vanilla.

I liked when they did it with Loken in the Sons of Hodir line though.

This. I'm a lorefag constantly working on wowpedia and even I think those threads are cancer

Trips for truth.

But still Loken was damn smart about it. He didn't say do this and do that and become very direct about it. He just set up a situation that would be logical for the PCs to follow through with. And from those few pebbles, he created an avalanche. Still he had to wait a few weeks for someone to rescue that goblin.

Yeah, Loken is the exception that proves the rule.

I seem to remember at least one quest where your character figured out the guy was evil and took steps to betray him at the end, but i can't remember the details.

Well I remember a quest in TBC where you jump through a few hoops to recover an unholy artifact for benefit of a character nicknamed "mad", and even if the guy who eventually gives you the artifact implores you to destroy it, the quest still has you finish it by delivering the thing.

And iirc you can't even decide to just not do it, or couldn't at the time, because it was prerequisite for several dungeon and raid attunement chains.

the best one is when you accidentally help Teron Gorefiend bring himself back to life by fetching all his shit for him

Yeah, vanilla WoW is probably the best for an RPG setting. The RTS games were obviously focused on the big wars, so it'd be pretty difficult to do anything else in that era but be involved in the war (although playing as a group of Alliance/Horde soldiers could be fun). Vanilla WoW fleshed out a lot of stuff that wasn't previously touched and has a good setup for lots of potential adventure hooks: you've got Kalimdor being mostly unexplored, an uneasy cold war between Alliance and Horde that might turn hot depending on the events, and multiple potential villains, that while not world-threathening, would work well as campaign BBEG.
Like, players could start fighting the Defias insurgents, eventually unearthing their conenction to corrupt nobles in Stormwind and finding out that it's actually a black dragon pulling the strings, ending with the players journeying to Dustwallow marsh to confront and slay Onyxia.

Later games were more about fighting a specific villain (Illidan, Lich King, Deathwing and the Twilight Cult...), which gives a bit less freedom, and especially from Cataclysm onward revolve heavily around faction leaders and other big-named lore characters, which is unsuited for tabletop (nobody likes DMPC Thrall showing up and stealing their glory).

Your orb of the sin'dorei malfunctions. Regardless of what your character was before they're now stuck as a blood elf.

Wat do.

Hard mode: female belf

That reminds me is there something that allows you to look like a fel Blood elf?

>they're now stuck as a blood elf.
>Wat do.
NOW YOU WILL TASTE TRUE POWER

SALAMI ASHALANORE

Real shame they had to go naga, Azshara and Vashj were insanely QT originally.

I've seen a pic of naga Tyrande, but it's too NSFW for this board.

>naga Tyrande
How NSFW is it?

What if I was a Blood Elf to begin with?

link?

Well I found this, though it may be Vashj

I don't believe you. You were just rubbing your orb all the time, TAUREN

Cult of the damned infiltrates Westfall and begins raising defias, gnolls, murlocs, and others to form a new mook scourge led by a mysterious rogue lich.

Forsaken get tired of Sylvanas' shit and kick her out, she and her banshees return to their roots and start mind controlling the leaders of creep races.

>Aszhara will be 50 feet tall for no reason.

Since this thread says "discuss Warcraft as a tabletop setting", I figured I might as well see if there's any interest in making 5e D&D profiles for the races. This is the revamped Draenei I cooked up; any suggestions/requests for the next race to try and tinker with?

Draenei 5e, 1st Draft:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Strength, +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Gift of the Naaru: You know the Cure Wounds spell and can cast it with this trait once per short rest or long rest.
Shadow Resistance: You have Resistance to Necrotic damage and are Immune to effects that would lower your maximum hit point value.
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger for determining your carrying capacity and the weight limit that you can push, drag or lift.

from the thumbnail I thought that her left eyebrow and left ear made a beak, and that she was some kind of blue bird with tits.

Did this a while ago. I stuck to the standard 5th edition stat formula (+2 to one stat, +1 to another), although Draenei would probably work better with a different formula (really, they'd probably work best in 3.X as a race with fairly high LA but bonuses to int, wis and cha, maybe str for males considering they're pretty big and strong).

I basically figured that, since it still worked out as the basic +3 bonus, and there are exceptions (for example, humans get +1 to all stats, for a total bonus of +6), and Strength (21), Intellect (21) and Spirit (22) are the highest default stats for Draenei, I figured a +1 to Strength, Intelligence and Wisdom would work just fine for them in 5e.

That said, I like your version of the Gift of the Naaru ability better. Not sure how I feel about Light-Given Knowledge, but I like my version of Shadow Resistance more, and I still like the incorporation of Powerful Build, which respects their significant stature better.

Thanks for sharing, though!

Why wisdom and intelligence and not wisdom and charisma?

The problem with powerful build is that, as far as warcraft races go, the draenei build isn't impressive

orcs, tauren and dwarves are all directly stronger than them, and orcs, tauren, trolls, worgen and night elves are all taller than them

I am happy to see Tichondrius returning in WoW. Always felt like he deserves to play a high role.

How would you include Dreadlords in your games? I am interested in, if not a full-blown Warcraft RPG, at least include them in other games

imo Dreadlords should be puppetmasters running the campaign from the shadows, maybe appearing at the very end as the BBEG if your party is strong enough

Basically the same way I use ancient dragons

Powerful, cunning, greedy. Reluctant to involve themselves personally, can have plans that go for generations, but with the same weakness of arrogance.

He's coming back? You'd think Illidan of all people would have known how to permakill a demon.

>last thread:

Wishing it was.

Yep.

He's showing up with Anetheron and Mephistroth in a large scale demon battle, and then he's the final boss of a raid

>and then he's the final boss of a raid

Gul'dan is the final boss. Tichondrius is a midboss at best.

>implying nagas and tentacled sea witches can't be qt

I womnder how to make peace with the naga. Imagine living into a boat house with your naga wife, making paintings from her naked body.

All praise the Light Beneath the Tides.

Should have +1 strength instead of int

Fuckers are mad strong

>make draenei
>they are terrible paladins

Why even bother

>He's coming back? You'd think Illidan of all people would have known how to permakill a demon.
The only way to permakill a demon is to kill them in the Twisting Nether

In Legion Illidan sends a crew of Demon Hunters to the Twisting Nether to kill a lot of demons and steal their space ships

>>make draenei
>>they are terrible paladins

Just like in Warcraft.

Because, as I said, Str/Int/Wis are their biggest stats in the actual Veeky Forums version. Is there anything that suggests that they'd get a Cha boost beyond the fandom joke that everyone wants to bang their women?

Not being super familiar with the Veeky Forums material, I guess you may have a point. I went with powerful build because I was pretty sure that, between their stature being on the very limits of Large sized and their inherent strength (remember, all Draenei start with min Str of 21 in the game), it was a nice nod to their being "borderline Large creatures".

>Is there anything that suggests that they'd get a Cha boost beyond the fandom joke that everyone wants to bang their women?
For one, every single one of them have the willpower to channel the Light regardless of class, and they're the race that paladinhood comes most naturally to. Also, while I've never played WoD, they used to have fairly strong personalities back in TBC. All in all, I'd say there's no reason they'd have less CHA than an aasimar or a dragonborn.

Would you play a jellyfish riding squid man?

Yes. Its a toy in WoD.

the Old Gods' minions are so cool

Nice. Good job, user.

WoW has some pretty interesting designs for most of its monsters.

There's something about their concept art that I just love, even if they don't always translate it into the actual game all that well. The in-game version of this Naga Brute here was actually given legs, because they just slapped it onto one of those yeti skeletons. It completely destroys the effect and makes it look silly.

seeing how many variations of "undead monstrosity" they could fit into Wrath and still be original was pretty cool

yes, but cha isn't a stat in WoW, and their highest stat is spirit, which is sort of a combination of wisdom and charisma

It's a shame that the Marrowgar model ended up getting used what, twice?

Earthrager Ptah was pretty cool though

Which race's females have the best tiddies?

humans post-model update
draenei before

what said. I personally think humans, draenei and belfs have the best tiddies post model update

after the model update, humans are pure saemon daemon, it feels weird to think the most vanilla race is the hottest, but Blizzard did it somehow

I liked the new nightelf model before blizzard changed the running animation. Now it looks like they have a stick up their butt.

All the new models just seem off to me, but I assume that's just cause I looked at the old ones for so long

to bring it back to roleplaying, nightelves are like 10 feet tall.

Do they crouch down when talking to dwarves? Wouldn't it be awkward for shorter humans for their eyes to be at the crotch level of nightelves?

>nightelves are like 10 feet tall.
I'm pretty sure they're closer to 7.

>humans being best
>weird

I guess you are right, night elf men are around 7 to 8 feet tall usually.

Still that begs the question? Do they squat down when talking to dwarves to do the dwarves just stare into the elf crotch?

Wouldn't they trip over gnomes in the same way humans frequently trip over small dogs? I suppose gnomes are a lot less likely to linger near an elf's feet than a dog begging for food or affection might...

Night Elves quickly learned that tripping over Gnomes leads to painful retribution.

>lost two kingdoms from the Alliance
>considered a success because he was mean to elves
human """generals"""

Only master b8ers and /pol/acks consider that guy a success desu.
He was never meant to represent anything else than an unsympathetic authority figure and abuse of power.

Why doesn't Azshara wear clothes?

Because she's hot and she knows it. Like, supernatural mind control levels of hotness here.

Like in that one Ginea Pig episode with the mermaid?

I could change it to Cha. I felt that they probably should get a Cha boost since paladin is essentially their "favored class" lore-wise, but sticking to the two stat formula of standard 5th edition races, I had to choose between Wis, Int and Cha. Draenei are supposed to be very intelligent, and also make good mages, so Int made sense. And I though Wis would better reflect their spirituality and, you know, being very wise.

Had I done them in 3.5, I'd have geiven them bonuses to all three, probably Str as well, and made them a LA race (because, really, Draenei do pretty much everything better than most races).

She could still do with some pants or at the very least some shoes. She looks like a hooker, not a queen

>She looks like a hooker, not a queen
whynotboth.claytablet

When you "wipe" if you don't interrupt her big mind control nuke you're actually enslaved and forced to become a sex toy for her and her demons for eternity.

4e makes it a lot easier.

You can easily go: +2 Cha, +2 Str OR Int.

Makes them fantastic as several different character types.

It's not even that bad, it's just a slutty dinner dress, which are real things real people wear. And for once, her wearing clothes that show off her assets is part of her character. Bitch loved to tease and yet never put out, but she could do that because mind control. She even turned straight women gay. Her handmaidens were a pack of ferocious lezzos who'd cut their mother's throat for a nippletwister.

>even turned straight women gay

Just look at Tyrande

Nah, apparently the power of Malfurion D was stronger than Azshy mindrape.

I'm sure Tyrande was lapping at the queen's snatch like a good pet at some point

One time in cata, one time in WoD and now there is a boss in legion with this model. So four times.

plus night elves lived in tropics at that time, so wearing little in general makes sense just like with trolls

They also have the innate elemental resistance of trolls since they are just trolls mutated by Titan jizz.

her foot and fingers are extremely poorly painted. i dunno why but I just can't get past it. look at her left hand, all her fingers are missing a joint

I think it's just a horrible angle. Speaking of angles, now that I'm looking at it, there's no way she'd want to look at herself in the mirror from that angle. You ever open your phone's camera from that angle? it's horrible. Probably why the mirror's tilted up so she can't even see herself.

I'm kind of picturing her seeing herself all skewed with huge buck teeth and a huge-asshonker now.

And since you're transformed into a night elf for that instance it'll be a sexy sexy eternity of sex slavery.