The BBEG has very strong romantic feelings for one of the PCs

>The BBEG has very strong romantic feelings for one of the PCs
Is it possible to do this in a way that's both plausible and enjoyable for the entire group?

Pic unrelated or is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=mikkii
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CuteLittleFangs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's cute. I need more images in this vein.

>"Reality"

>tfw a shy qt3.14 will never fuck up asking you on a date
Goddamn it user, if I wanted to feel like a piece of shit I would've stayed on /r9k/.

Also not really unless your group is an evil group where the BB"E"G is trying to redeem one of them, or if your group is ok with yandere. I think it would be easier for one of the BBEG's right hand wo/men to be interested in a PC and help them along while still staying true to their leader.

>If "entire group" is a single player
Yes

>If "entire group" is more than one player
No. The rest of the players probably don't wana sit there awkwardly while one player magical-realms his way through a waifu fantasy and/or possibly ends up betraying the party for it.

No, that really is how it tends to go if you have some kind of anxiety disorder.

> danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=mikkii
enjoy

Sure, why the fuck not?

>Implying any sort of romance always has to end in magical realming and waifuing
I pity the man who doesn't see the potential in the BBEG crushing hard on a righteous hero, especially in a light hearted campaign.

>I pity the man who doesn't see the potential in the BBEG crushing hard on a righteous hero, especially in a light hearted campaign.
>light hearted campaign
Oh jeez.

>BBEG pulls some heavy shit, like kidnapping a princess, because she knows the righteous hero will save her
>Summons monsters to fill her castle
>These monsters are all neatly organized in groups that slowly increase in power, ensuring every room is challenging but never fatal
>The entrance has a notice that reads "Don't worry about the monsters, I can always summon more"
>After every five rooms there's a hall with comfortable beds, filling meals, ample healing potions and buckets with water and towels
>Every remotely poisenous monster carries a necklace with the antidote in it
>The BBEG's pre-battle speech can be best summarized as "Wow, you actually got this far! And so fast too! Not that I ever doubted your skill! You're so cool!"
>A battle ensues in which the BBEG clearly has the upper hand
>She suddenly retreats, claiming she has run out of power and giggling that she'll get the righteous hero next time
>The party proceeds to the "treasure room" which is filled with only the princess and a nude portrait of the BBEG
>The princess has a curse placed on her that causes her to incessantly shout "I'M A HUGE WHORE PLEASE RAPE MY FACE" whenever she's within ten meters of the righteous hero

>That's cute.
Literally amae (sic).

The key to overcoming your social ineptitude is to stop giving a shit and git gud at mimicry.
t. a person with crippling social disability

So much cringe... sooo much...

I'd totally play it as a campaign though.

What about the follow-up campaign?
>The righteous hero learns about the spell rather quickly and maintains a respectful eleven meter distance from the princess
>Despite this the king wants to match his daughter with the hero
>He invites her to a formal ball
>The BBEG attends as well, disguised as a minor noblewoman
>She's only there to see what happens when the king proposes the hero and the princess dance
>Before the eyes of all nobles of the realm

Fake it til you make it, basically. Pretending to have social skills is good practice for actually having them.

I can only hope they would have told the king.

Furthermore the righteous hero, being a wise man, knows of the proliclivities of his enemy, and knows she would come to see her handywork. The ball is a trap.

But since this is a lighthearted campaign and if you were actually playing this that means you and your group are going for full retard humor, I approve of that scenario. The princess ends up screaming she is a whore while the players try not to giggle since they are all clearly tweens. What happens next?

Pretty much, yes.
I realized that when I started faking that I know something about the subject I'm talking about, when I literally know nothing about it.
The same works with social skills.

There was an okay sci-fi novel called Blindsight by Peter Watts, and one thing thatwas relevant to the current discussion is that the protagonist was something called "synthesist", basically a high-functioning autist who doesn't understand emotions and has to figure out the correct algorythms of operating in the society.
It's an interesting concept, and I wonder how many actual real-life "synthesists" there are.

Why is Homura in Pathfinder?

You should instead be asking why Homura is the iconic of the Digimon/Pokemon Archetype.

We just don't know.

Is that fucking for real? Like... I was kinda on the "hate Pathfinder" bandwagon before... but damn man... fucking damn...

ay i know that doujin!

A new book is coming out and one of the classes is literally Kame Rider transforming kind of hero.
Homura Pokemon Master is an alternative subtype of that class.

Paizo is obviously trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator and capture as much audience as it can before its time has passed.
As a business move, it is understandable - you use a more-or-less famous franchise name, and go for a cash-grab.

Yes.

Ask /pfg/ about it.

From what they've said, the archetype isn't that good.

>A new book is coming out
Isn't Pathfinder 3.5e+? Why are they still releasing new books when 5e already exists?

Ultimate Intrigue is already out.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess, for not keeping up with whatever Paizo or Hasbro put out on the market.

Because Pathfinder is owned by Paizo and D&D is owned by Wotc.

>The BBEG has very strong romantic feelings for one of the PCs
>Is it possible to do this in a way that's both plausible and enjoyable for the entire group?
Perhaps if the BBEG is a different PC

>Digimon/Pokemon Archetype
That would be the Monster Trainer class.

I've pulled this off, but it wasn't in an 'anime uguu' type way. If you're trying to do it with that kind of tone then you're going to have a much harder time of it.

The BBEG also wasn't isolated in an evil black tower, she mingled with the PCs fairly often, just generally not in positive ways.

Care to elaborate?

> There was an okay sci-fi novel called Blindsight by Peter Watts
Just want to say 'thank you'. I started to read it now, after your message. And this is pretty good reading so far.

Once played in a campaign where a Succubus started crushing on the party's insane gnome wizard.
She got interested in him after he completely wrecked her with an incredibly assortment of blaster spells.
And so she started crushing on him. In her own way.
This involved sending love letters, 'gifts', murder attempts, and arranging for an unholy semi-undead dragon to attack the town we were in.
The rest of the party could tell when the gnome had received a letter by the screaming that could be heard across town.

Because OGL. Also because they've made a whole lot of money off bloat wankers and 5e just doesn't have the same potential with the removal of prestige classes and lessened feats.

Yes.

Don't Bowser's motivations change with every single appearance? I don't think his motivations were ever made clear and kept consistent. Wasn't his motivation in SM3 just that he wanted a mother for the Koopa Kids?

>implying Bowser isn't just hired or voted for by the Mushroom Kingdom denizens to be chosen as the official Bad Guy

What's fairly consistent are the kidnappings.

"Blindsight" is a bit better than just okay. Its incredibly imaginitive and the science is really fun to read. The characterization is really flat, but you can head cannon that away because the main character is literally autistic.

Zangief is a bad guy? :(

Nah, it's okay.
The problem of Blindsight is that it tries to cram way too much into itself.
As a hard sci-fi book, it's good, but if you judge it simply as a book, it's lacking.

No, he is a Bad Guy, but he isn't a bad guy.

I had an enemy character that was a master of disguise with some special abilities to the extent that the player characters couldn't recognize her when disguised, despite the fact that I would generally describe her the same way when disguised and they as players were aware.
She was an Assassin that both tried to murder some of the PCs and ressurected one when he killed himself, then fucked him,

The guy who made that comic was a retard edgelord that didn't seem to understand the vein of the movie, since Vidya characters were just actors. Seph would probably be a lisping prancer that likes to make knitted sweaters for his coworkers or something.

I'd make it so that the BBEG started off helping the party, became attached to them, then had to betray them for reasons.

Murtahg and Nasuada from the eldest series comes to mind here

>tfw that pic is pretty much me.
Still haven't worked up the courage to talk to him.

Anyways, on topic, I suppose you could. Though, I think it would have to be a less serious game if you wanted it in the tone of the OP pic or you'd have to have a great DM to pull it off.

Yo user is there more to that strip? Reverse imaging just confuses more than it clarifies. That shit is hella cute and I'd appreciate any source good sir

The artist is Yanagida Fumita.

To the writer of Wreck-it Ralph he is

He was his impassable hurdle when he was 12 and playing Street Fighter 2 in the arcade

So long as you don't look like a tumblrina and say something like, I dunno, wanting to fuck him like your dad, then you should be fine.

>It's modern day Ragnarok
>Group is a bunch of international students and scientists
>Caught in Germany when the sun and moon are eaten and everything goes to shit
>Dodge trolls and giants, trying to make it somewhere safe
>Hear about a town outside of Dresden that's fortified and defended
>Avoid gangs of looters and monsters
>Finally reach the place and learn its primary defenders are historians, archaeologists, historical reenactors, martial artists and ex-military
>It's led by a neckbeard who learned early on that ancient weapons could bring down creatures of myth
>Party member got the random trait of beauty
>Neckbeard wants her for his harem and all fighting men as conscripts for the town guard
>We're all weak as shit and can't resist
>While we start lending out mental abilities to the town, his new waifu is constantly fighting advances
>There's a huge wave of refugees
>Waifu is set upon in the night by another harem girl, trying to scure her place as top of the pile for scarce resources
>Kills the girl in a fit of rage
>Neckbeard's Norse fantasies come to life right in front of him
>Becomes obsessed with marrying her
>Meanwhile we've been gathering tools and weapons for an escape
>Built pipeguns, spears, shields and swords
>Infiltrate and rescue our friend
>Spotted as we try to leave
>Have to fight our way out
>Need to make it to Denmark as his men scour the land looking for her
>Bounties are promised
>Neckbeard warlord gathers power and his sphere of influence grows hot on our heels
>He raids a private collection of weapons and armour
>Expands faster and traps us inside a town
>Searching for us so he can profess his love
>He'll keep searching for her and proving his power over men, monsters and gods until she loves him back
>Realise that the more typical PC feats she accomplishes to escape him, the more it makes him love her

Ahh yeah, many thanks my man.

>Hear about a town outside of Dresden that's fortified and defended
Is it Freital? huehuehue

Zangief WAS a member of Shadaloo's big four.

He just quit when he realized they were legit evil and not just rude. Zangief is willing to play the heel, but he's not EVIL.

I'm okay with a transformation hero, but less magical girl more GLORIOUS RIGHTEOUS MIGHT

I don't understand at all. What's the joke that's currently flying 30K ft over my head?

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Sagat.

Depends on the media, but the game portrayal of Zangief has always been simply a gigantic wrestler from Russia with no stake in the Shadaloo or Dark Hadou plots.

There are a few ways to do it.

Do you want the PC to be receptive? Like (assuming your players are guys) do you want them to respond positively?

The simplest one is a villainess who has a crush on the hero, and keeps pulling her blows at the last minute. You know how it is: the evil swordswoman who dolls up all gothy-like, who can't bring herself to strike the protagonist down and can actually be convinced to switch sides. Or she's full of beautiful angst about it.

To make it as disturbing as possible? Make it a guy. In fact, make it a yaoi-game-style guy, the kind of dude who 'erotically licks up' the PC's blood when he's wounded, and wants him naked and chained to the bed. Yes, yes, I know a lot of people on Veeky Forums are faggots, but this can be played for a serious creep factor.

Generally, however, this won't work well for a BBEG. One of the BBEG's minions, yes. The BBEG himself/herself, no, because that would mean there's no plot.

The way the situation resolves is:
1.) The villainess eventually flips sides, because the power of the D and those strange doki-doki feelings convert her.
2.) She dies tragically but beautifully, torn between her love for the PC and her responsibilities.
3.) She goes batshit fucking insane, and becomes more evil and cruel than ever. This can be a "I know I should hate this guy, but I want him so much" or a crazy ex-girlfriend "You have another love interest? I'm going to mutilate her and give her to the dogs! You betrayed me!"

It all depends on how you want to see it to go.

For women, women are really into the Twilight/50 Shades of Grey/Diabolik Lovers thing, so this can backfire.

Ah, you're right, wrt the game stories, anyway. The anime has him hired on by Shadaloo, as do some of the other spin-offs.

>The BBEG has very strong romantic feelings for the whole group
>Harem end.

what the fuck does Veeky Forums mean by BBEG? No, really.

do they mean the arch nemesis of the whole campaign, or simply a very imposing villain? like the term comes from BtVS in which there were more than one BBEGs, but this also took place over 10 seasons.

so which is it?

Anyway, maybe if the campaign is less killy than usual?

End?

You mean the start of our new Maid: RPG campaign, right?

Why does that girl have fangs?

I mean, it's cute and all, but why?

>what the fuck does Veeky Forums mean by BBEG? No, really.
Veeky Forums isn't one person, but generally speaking it means the "end boss" of the campaign. If your group goes through multiple campaigns, there can be multiple BBEGs.

>Implying she'd let her husbando talk to sluts

It's an anime/manga thing.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CuteLittleFangs

Freital in Germany is a town which got german medias attention after several attacks against foreigners and asylum seekers. It is to be told there are living a lot of nationalist people which may or may not be true since you can't look in everbodies head.
There is a lot more stuff going on but my english is to bad to formulate everything important. just google freital attacks.

Considering we're having a Magical Burst right now, I'm pretty sure my players would totally be down for a maid campaign where the mistress is a galactic villain and the maids are a bunch of magical girls serving her.
And so am I, to be honest.

user, there are only two possible choices here. Tragedy or Comedy.

Best is if the BBEG truly loves the Hero but feels honour bound to carry out her plan for the sake of all those who died in the process, even if it means killing her love or being killed by him. At the climax, leave it unresolved as to if she pulled her punches and died for her ideals while letting him live, or if truly killed her with everything he had and if he hadn'tthen maybe he could have simply subdued her and tried to save her.

Or make her a cat girl who, while more girl physically is more cat emotionally and has orange and blue morality that keeps her doing bad shit but never fighting to the bitter end.

Then have her playfulness go too far when she finally does capture the hero and have her break him. While he is imprisoned, she murders her companions because she doesn't understand friendship only desire and thinks he'll get over it. Have her murder his child then transfer their soul into the rape baby she forced him to give her in a drugged up haze the after telling him what she did for her plan to be his child's real mommy. Have her insist that he'll be much happier now that she can make him listen. She will pout sometimes but always tell him that she knows they'll work it out because the power of love can do anything. Have her remind him of the good times they had together, the passion that drew two opposites together. The sex, the battles, the blood spilled as they were perfectly complementing each other in battle. Drive home the knife that in a sense he always knew she was bad but since he didn't stop her or kill her then he must love her because otherwise he would never have tolerated the things she did.

I lied, user. All comedy is tragic when you stop to think it through.

>implying my character would let himself be captured and not try to get away as best as he can

Bitch please. I may be weak as fuck but there is no way you can keep me locked up in any way shape or form.

>Nuh-uh! I have a force field that blocks your laser gun!

No, simply innate teleportation which is also persistent and precise. Cost me a fuckton of PPs to make, since I can also use it on the mind of people instead of normal space.

So yeah, not even nullify can keep me from teleporting.

Like most anime drawing conventions, I think it's a highly stylized way of drawing something that actually exists.
The 'fangs' I think might actually be that you can see molars at a certain angle. Or it could actually be her canines; mine are certainly a little longer than my other teeth.

We get it, you created a broken Mary Sue and need to brag about it on the internet.

How is Schroedinger broken? He has the least kills in the damn show.

'sides, it's who started by stating that there would be a harem ending without taking into consideration that someone might actually have some sort of immunity to what his/her villain can do.

People like that always depress me, for some reason. I mean, what's the point of having a conversation if you're just going to go "My character has arbitary powers that get me out of it?"

>some sort of immunity to what his/her villain can do
Being in love with the PCs?

What would you tell a player that goes
>I want to grapple the gelatinous cube
When the gelatinous cube clearly has immunity to grapple attacks by smaller opponents?

No, the immunity to being imprisoned/grappled.

I've seen a character who was mostly immune to conventional means of harm, so one of the guys grappled the character while another one blasted him with energy until that obnoxious character was knocked unconscious.

Clearly, you can't understand the concept of trying a different approach to a situation when something does not work.

> "You sink into the cube and begin to melt. Take acid damage."

He's pretending to be playing Schroedinger. He made nothing, stop helping the tit.

Exactly!

Where does the original post say 'imprisoned' or 'grappled?'

'You know that won't work, are you sure?'

But it defeats the point, because you're not engaging with the situation. It's like "Here is a moral dilemma. What do you do?"

"I run away with superspeed."

>Hisoka
>harem end
All that's missing is a cake.

If you get the reference, you're terrible person.

>Harem end
is not a moral dilemma.

Considering I recognize that style of drawing, I think I am glad that I don't know what you're talking about.

It's okay, even that Brazilian faggot has his sweet moments. Not in this particualr case, though, probably.

It can work.

Just be sure that you keep rape out of the equation.

>How is Schroedinger broken? He has the least kills in the damn show.

He came the closest to killing Alucard though.

Good characters are based entirely on their kill count. I'm a good writer, right?

Where did you get that idea?

I don't, but I wouldn't mind knowing.

Okay, I'll tell you anyway. Author runs a Patreon, the reward for highest contribution is "doujin of your choice and a cake". So far one person paid it and that's the doujin they asked for. Sadly we don't know any further details about how the cake was.

Can think of one time but it was pretty bad. The local BBEG was very much in love with one of the PCs and for the good of the land she accepted to marry him. The blood mage though came up with a plan where she changed her appearance to that of the PC and basically took her place in the marriage. She eventually had a baby with the guy, and used the baby as sort of a voodoo doll against him since they shared blood, so she ended up with the BBEG under her control till she got all she wanted and tired of him.

Reddem the villan or make everyone evil.
The latter one is better, former is boring.

>implying woman has to do anything at all
they live in easy mode

One of my players seduced and slept with the BBEG before realizing she was the villain. Now she's head over heals for him, and her plan is to bring them in on the plan so she can keep banging her boy toy.
Horrifyingly, the PCs were gung-ho for this. So now they're helping this crazy media personality take over a country by murdering all her political rivals.
This is the kind of shit that happens with a CN party.

Well isn't this that kind of stuff that makes pnp fun?

It has been a wild ride for sure, but I had to throw out all my plans for this arc. Ain't nothing like a good ol' fashioned derailing thanks to the BBEG wanting the PC's dick.

>Is it possible to do this in a way that's both plausible and enjoyable for the entire group?

Possible, sure.

I have a antagonist wizard who's obsessed with marrying the party's barbarian. It's mostly played for laughs and lets me get all Ming the Merciless with giving the players opportunities for dramatic rescues. And more than once they've beaten his minions because the villain insists on trying to take her alive.

Of course, I had to make sure the player isn't triggered by abduction references, and that I don't accidentally Enter a Magical Realm. So, like most things it depends on the emotional intelligence of you and your players.

For a second, I thought you meant a female wizard wanted to marry the party's male barbarian, which was a much funnier mental image