Warhammer 40k General

Why haven't you read Gaunt's Ghosts yet? edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for MAGPIES.

Because honestly Gaunt's Ghosts doesn't sound a very interesting read.

They find a lot of neat gear in their backwater system

I checked through the mega-folder and saw that the 2016 version of Waaagh Ghazghskull isn't shared, anyone have it that's willing to upload it?

So looking at making a custodes army using stormcast eternals, the starter box comes with a couple of them riding dragons. They are using Grey Knight rules, wtf can I use those for?

Rumour is that an upcoming Horus Heresy book will give rules for Custodes. Just wait until that comes out, buy those models (I can't imagine you will exactly need a high model count) and ask any 40k opponents if you can field them

There are a pretty good number but on a more important note where does that picture come from i cant find ot through any image searches

It was a gift Brother.

I dunno. Baby carriers?

What sort of goodies will we expect in DoW3? If they have the Dark Angels's Ark of the Covenant or the Blood Angels's lightsaber I think I'm going to die from laughter.

They successfully looted a Titan from Graia.

The physical copy, only 7 pages are changed, not scanning a full book for that.

They're reprinting this. Any issues it may have?

Any chance I could get the 7 changed pages?

Sure, ill be at my scanner in an hour

Kuz iz not "Snikrots Gitz"

So should I read these codexs I downloaded if I want to learn more about each faction?

Where do I start with the books? There's so many, it's pretty overwhelming.

Don't know shit about any of the factions.

You could just read lexicanum or even 1d4chan

>Just
But I want to read them all

I know and I have been. I'm not entirely new, just figured these might be good. Is the newest Ork one as good as the out dated ones?

I don't know much about Orks on the tabletop but the Mob Rule special rule used to be better in the last codex I know that much.

General for ants

Canis wolf born rest in peace ;_;
Meanwhile dark Angels let the changeling take control of the Rock and its weapons
A dark day when the inquisition us the voice of reason and calm

The Changling must have dispose of Asmodai. His fun sensors would have been thrown into overdrive if the Changling didn't.

I love you.

Did Canis die? This is news to me.

Anyone?

Tl;dr blood crushers, fiends, plague drones, screamers or furies.

Well he disguised himself as Azrael to kill and take the place of a minor intergo chaplain
This chaplain is then left in charge of the rock while the high ups are having buttsex
He then tells the wolves going down to midgardia he will fire in 30 minutes no matter what
And Ragnar is heading over there
So - midgardia destroyed, grimnar dead,Ragnar attacks and kills and/or is killed
Then the GKs finally get there and after talking with the inquisitor banish changeling
Problems with this is htf dark Angels will escape censure for this
Also - changeling said He will return
So I'm guessing it's also a plan for Magnus to break his banishment

His mount died and then there's a Staniis moment from the herald of khorne
Tbh canis jobs it mostly because the wulfen overtakes him
This seems to be a culling of the more stupid elements of the fluff - canis was able to beat up a full space marine and nearly mashed harald

If I take disruption pod on a Tetra do I get +2 cover save when the enemy is more than 12" because of the 3+ obscured and +1 from the pod?

Yes.

And despite being a picture for ants, it was ridiculously easy to spot in the catalogue.

Unlike the completely generic and indistinguishable picture some autistc faggot insists on using.

Got myself some old SoB and Kasrkin minis and decided to play some good old Ordo Hereticus. Should I bother with adding an actual Inquisitorial detachment (instead of just fluffing the Canoness as one) and an Assassin or just get more bodies for the points ?

>Is the newest Ork one as good as the out dated ones
Short answer, no.

Even in regards to just learning about the lore and not just game rules?

Whats the best way to build an armoured krumpany. IA list, just the ork codex or does the updated supplment have tank formations?

get an inquisitor
there rules are fun but i never see them used

Especially then.
Older the better. Not much difference between 6 and 7e books for lore, most the best bits are cannibalised from earlier stuff. 4e is meh. 3e is great, but a bit thin. Defined a lot of the changes to the orks from 2e. Armageddon has a little bit more in it. 2e is amazing, but outdated in places. Deff Skwadron is the definitive Ork book for character.

Chicken lover

Ok, I have them all I think. Should I read 2 and 3 first?

The picture isn't for ants. It has really wide invisible bars on each side.

Oh actually I dont think I have 3.

I have a follow up question

What's the best edition codex for each major faction? Not game rules stuff, just lore and fluff.

3 shouldn't be hard to get. Thought I had it - maybe it's on the other machine. Have the old chapter approved creature feature rules instead. :)

Well I have guard and can tell you that last edition was my favorite, in the current one they axed half of the interesting characters like not-Rambo and not-Genghis Khan and not-Soviet general. And now I also remember they axed a guy who was the face of Imperial guard advertisements, sexy motherfucker.

"Due to a tremendous administratum cockup" is an excellent all-purpose fluff tool for justifying anything. Try it!

Is it feasible to start two armies at once, or just wait to start another?

Also, I need Tyranid color schemes/inspiration for them.

The last imperial knight codex before this new one. The newest imperial knight codex dumbed down the lore.

My favourite "Administration did it" is in the Guard codex where a siege corps was given orders to report to a new front AFTER they had been wiped out and were consequently declared heretics for desertion when they didn't show up.

Allright, what wiseass authorised naming a Marine chapter "); DROP TABLE Chapters;--"?

How do any of you play your Dark Angels more knightly? Use BT rules?

Usually the stuff from mid-late 3 to early-mid 4th edition. Some things have changed, and some armies had rather skint offerings then, so later codices are better (looking at you Dark Eldar) but overall that's the golden era.

t. Oldfag missing the glory days

>Due to a tremendous administratum cockup
>A small sector off in the corner of the galaxy known as the tauwelera area had a small mining world
>Local PDF were deployed there and got stuck inside the mine when someone fired their lascannon near a gas pocket.
>Many refused to work because gasmasks were not fitted with the proper filters
>In response to "Heavy resistance, large explosion, tauwelera area" reported by a binary chant box, the administium deployed a small crusade force of cadians, white scars, and ravenguard to the area.
>Resulting directions led them into a small asteroid field made out of magnetic meteors.
>Many ships were lost and the Chapter Master of the Raven Guard was reported missing after the second meteor shower after leaving to wax his purity seals in the expunging bay of the battle barge and they could not find him since there was a large meteor casting a shadow from the sun.
>The following report was recorded as
>"Many Imperial forces have been lost in the Tau sector. The enemy seemed to have deployed large metallic objects that shot out smaller projectiles that seemed to track onto their targets. Many forces died in the vacuum of space and the Chapter Master of the Raven Guard was killed by the ShadowSun. It is said that the Tau area has been put ablaze by imperial forces and shall keep off the offending enemy while our forces recover.

Pardon the delay, had a box of toys waiting at the post.

I've skipped the flier formations as the Death from the skies Attack wing are superior in every way.

not really if you want to build a full army but an okay idea if you wanna build like 750

as for tyranids look at bugs and sea creatures

summoning wise i'd go for bloodcrushers or screamers, but for points plague drones are a damn good buy. depends on who your target is

The last thread also had a chicken, and it was the main reason it caught my eye.

The chicken is more representative of 40k general than the generic as shit image that autistic OP started using.

>more knightly

Not sure, one of the definitions of being a knight is a man devoted to the service of a cause. The Dark Angel's do that in strives.
Personally I fluffed my successor as a nomadic tribe precompliance (with similiarites between the tribe and The Order of Caliban). They are more closely related to Hussars than Knights since I play Ravenwing mostly.

Good luck though.

RIP, it was fun while it lasted.

No, use Imperial rules.

I was the one that used that shit image with the chicken since someone has been crusading for that really bland one.
I make tons of generals and usually prefer the meme image

did you pull out that 3 page exception to allow turn 1 charging each time you used it?

Is there any reason why people move onto new "Editions" if they seem not to like the changes?

Am I the only one that likes artwork as the OP image?

Anyway what is the most reliable way for Dark Eldar to pop AV14 while staying in their codex and ideally not grenades?

Goto if you want a wallpaper general.

Because most people want to play what is supported and official.

Basic Psychology?
If they make the next thread before someone else then they can use their image and perhaps get it to stick or minimize shitposting.

However in the grim darkness of the far future there is only shitposting.

What does a codex mean when the file says "3.5"

Like is it all new stuff or just 3 updated a bit?

No, i asked my opponent if I was allowed to use it like a normal adult. If he said yes, cool, if he said no, well, then I had another list as a backup that didn't include it.

Now that we can't even start the game in them, they are more than pointless.

Well, bear with me. What does that mean? Are there really a lot of new models that you just cannot use at all with the rules of 1 edition ago?

It was the second codex for that faction in 3rd edition.

Hey user, your shit stains are showing. I think he meant editions of 40k, not the editions of threads. Maybe you need to get off of Veeky Forums for awhile... Maybe forever.

Some 3e codexes got a second update in 3e. The later codexes are called the "3.5" codex.

The meme image is also significantly better. The bland one is boring and easy to miss.

Lances?

Dark Eldar are awash with lances. They've got buckets of lances. Lances from hell to breakfast. Lances on boats, lances on jump infantry, lances on walkers, laaaaances.

Ok, so would it all be new stuff then? Just if I wanted to read them

>Dark Eldar
>how to pop AV14
You mean AV12, right?

You either Lance them to death, or you haywire them to death. Fairly simple, honestly.

Also, fun trick - a unit can only use one grenade, so if you have an IC, you can detach from the unit when charging, giving you 2 seperate units with grenades.

Maybe I am tired, my first cup of coffee is brewing but good morning to you too super cunt. Everyone else was talking about OP's image so I thoguht that is what user meant.

Why didn't you include an answer for them in your post?

What are you talking about you spaz? Not only can you not read, you're the autist that's been creating generals early so you can force your tired meme image? These generals somehow keep getting worse.

I tried it for a while, didn't take.

40k is a constantly changing game because gw needs to sell models. With changes to these factions there sometimes needs to be changes in the rulebook.

pretty sure you can still deploy in them if you're the same faction, it's battlebros that can't deploy

4/10, on a side note i might do a 4th of july edition if i remember

Oh boy! Oh shit! I bet you don't need to buy hobby knifes with those edges! Wowzer! Shaazaaaam! WoWIE! U r 2 cool LOOK-AT-THAT-EDGE

Naw, 3,5's are mostly point rebalancing and updating rules to match FAQ's

>pretty sure you can still deploy in them if you're the same faction, it's battlebros that can't deploy
Different detachments (IE formations) are considered battle brothers as per the ally rules. Units from one detachment (Like a CAD) cannot embark on units (IE battlewagon) from another detachment. (IE blitz brigade)

I keep on getting this error when starting an ork army in battlescribe. Anyone able to assist me?

There were some problems with your data files. If you continue, this may lead to crashes or other strange behaviour.
> Orks: Codex (2014) v57: The catalogue data file is invalid:
> net.battlescribe.model.catalogue.Modifier@1800bc: Modifier must have a field that exists
> net.battlescribe.model.catalogue.Modifier@187bd31: Modifier must have a field that exists

How about not being a knee-jerky asshole for one? Secondly, good morning to you too. Too bad my morning was stuck watching shitheads like you post this early. Usually its about mid-day when the shitposters get on. Thirdly, someone had already answered him beforehand correctly without showing off your blaring astigmatism.

Delete and redownload.

Delete everything? Or just the data files?

Delete datafiles and restart

System 32

missing a few on that chart. daemons got incursion with fenris, guard got their decurion with one of the tau books and marines got more decurions

welp that sucks

>welp that sucks
Yeah well, count on a few autistic Ork players making another infopicture proving how bad they are at understanding ru- I mean explaining how the rules still technically allow it all to work.

Can't wiggle out of the turn 1 charges though. That has been clarified so hard by the FAQ that you would have to be so retarded that even reading the FAQ would have been a huge feat.

I don't count supplements or knights.
Admech/skiitari only got in because together they make a full codex.