You guys ever played BattleCON, before?

You guys ever played BattleCON, before?

Yes, and it's fucking great. It's my go-to 2 player game and my runner-up 3 player game.

That said, there are definitely some fighters that are better than others, and with the change from special actions to force gauge, the strength of a whole bunch of fighters has been thrown completely out of whack. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new expansion will bring and if there's any hope of Battlecon Online coming out on Android. I doubt it.

Battlecon Online's UI is one of the worst I've ever seen. Absolutely incompetent and bound to fail.

The game is really good, though, and the change from Dash to Dodge is going to be great.

>Some fighters are better than others

Depends on how it flows, really.

For example, Shekhtur. Bitch is fast and can hit hard as fuck, however, she doesn't have soak or stun guard for shit really and if you keep punishing her if you have a character with good stun guard and soak or if they can play the field and keep away from her because her range modifiers are pretty shit too.

That said, if you fuck up and let her stay up on your asshole you will be raped. Fast, hard, no lube, and a sandpaper condom.

Played a round with her and my buddy was using the werewolf twins. The first match lasted 4 rounds with my buddy beaten into a puddle of a shit. The next round, he did a better job of keeping the wolf where it should be so that he was constantly doing extra damage or stunning me or pushing me around or teleporting behind me.

It took about 8 beats, but he beat me and I barely scratched him.

Final round took 6 beats and I pulled off a win, but I barely survived with 1 hp left. Having basically zero stun guard is a whore.

Really, you have to be familiar with the character you are playing with and their strengths and the weaknesses of your opponent.

All in all, they really captured the feel of a fighting game, so kudos to Level 99 for that.

Yes, last time yesterday.
Also, if you make the same thread for two games, at least try to make it a bit different.

I have tried to do this before, but if I talk about how I like a game in the first post, I am labelled a shill. If I talk about how I don't like it, I am called a scrub.

If I make it neutral, I actually get people to talk about the game instead of calling me some variation of a faggot and letting the post slip to page 10.

Was thinking about purchasing it. Do I get war or devastation?

The old app version or the new one?

You can make it neutral without copying the OP word for word.

Depends on how much you want to spend on it.
If you just want the essential two-player experience, War will serve you just fine.
Devastation is more expensive, but it has more fighters and way more alternative modes for multiplayer.

If you know you're already going to like it and have someone to play with consistently, get Devastation. If you're just interested in giving it a try, get War.
For me, I was in an odd position where I only had one friend to play with, and he already had Devastation, so I only own War and Fate. Though I'm going to be moving soon so I think I'll pick up my own copy of Devastation.

>tfw your LGS has a weekly "two-player games" night.
>It's nothing but Magic, Netrunner, and X-Wing.
>No one wants to try anything new because everyone is always practicing for a tournament.

I heard it has a solo-mode also.

Is it any good?

Welcome to the world of Veeky Forums.

Devastation is a shit load more game, but it is pricier. That said, if you just want the two player versus aspect and don't know if you will like the game, get War.

The extra game modes are neat, but the bread and butter is the two player fighting system.

This is probably the best place to post this. This guy over at BGG made .pdf of printable deck boxes for each character that will also hold their tokens and shit and when placed in the box it looks like a character select screen from a fighting game. He even made a token for each fighter and put them in a box called RANDOM. Give the box a shake and draw a token and that is your fighter.

Pretty fucking pimp although the lid doesn't go down all the way anymore. Level 99 absolutely dropped the ball when it comes to shit fitting in the box with Devastation anyway so that isn't a big deal.

Shit, forgot the pic.

Not total shit, not all that great. It is pretty much a kind of dungeon crawl. It handles alright for what it is. Like those Tekken side scrolling games they used to include with the console versions of the game. It isn't really clunky or anything, but it also isn't all great because there is no real reason to play it in terms of gaining shit and is just a run on boss. Still, I have played worse game and it is a nice feature to throw in there.

The new one.

OH! While we are talking about this, I have heard that there is a secret fighter for Battlecon. I can't remember if it is for War or Devastation though. Supposedly if you can figure out some clues in the rule book while playing it will lead you to a place where you can print out cards for a hidden fighter for the game.

Anybody got this?

>No War fighters
>Dropped

In all seriousness, that's cool as hell.

A question about the 2v1 and 3v1 modes.

Does the single player only use the EX/Almighty bases, or are they also supposed to use the EX/Almighty abilities from Light and Shadow?

He has the boxes for them and strikers and Fate and the equipment stuff too. That is just the Devastation stuff.

There is a hidden Print 'n' Play in War Remastered, Devastation and Fate.
Found the War one with a little help.

Lay it on us, brother.

>I'm looking forward to seeing what the new expansion will bring and if there's any hope of Battlecon Online coming out on Android. I doubt it.
Eventually it will be available.

I will not tell you the solution.
What I will share are the two hints I needed to solve the puzzle:
1. The hint to the code is on the back of the Fighter & Mode Guide.
2. The code is all caps, no spaces.