/edh/ - Commander General

Broloro Edition.

>RESOURCES

mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/deck-10027891-67bf58a0bb94fd1daa3f7dd731804ad8.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-04-16-big-black-deck/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-the-lazy-dick/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godos-powerviolence-concert/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This game is the definition of autism.

Run this guy for maximum fun

Oloro is a good shell for the Blue Orb lock plan but I like Zur more. He is sadly just better

Yeah, but I want to play her with a whole bunch of (admittedly shitty) Morph creatures so my opponents don't know where Akroma is, and I can't do that if I cast her from the Command Zone, unless I'm playing the Shell Game with my morphs.

>Super vanilla creature that probably loses you the game
Nice choice famalama
Then again, I played this card when I was at that age I played cancerous grouphug and chaos decks

>everything that isn't hardcore stax control is bad

Some people like other types of decks, user

My group likes free shit and is low-power so it should be fun

Its still bad, even if you play it to have fun

What should go in its place?

What's the one deck you'd love to build, but there's just no general that supports it?

UR Artificer

Nin, the Pain Artist works better than you might think.

What the other user said. This is garbage card either way and it ruins you the game. Only reason to play it if you have m15 ob noxious or stranglehold or torpor orb on the table, and even still it's nothing but a dumb beater.
I'm not saying you can't run it, and even if I did, you still would. Experience it yourself, and see that it only does anything for your opponents.

Non-token monored burn.

Post decklist and I can suggest something. Hard to say just like this since the commander and decklist matter.
Depends really what you're trying to do.

>make an "everyone draws cards" deck to see what kind of crazy plays people can pull off
>accused of building mill and get hated off the table

Jaya Ballard could work

So if he comes into play under an opponent's control (through an effect such as Confusion in the Ranks), does the owners' opponent get the tutor or the controller's opponent?

Post your secret tech

>Milling is usable or powerful
This meme needs to stop. It's even worse than the craterhoofposting.
I swing in for 4360 trample damage, responses?

Could probably work, but it's not what I'm looking for. Also I hate fapbait cards.

Confusion in the Ranks doesn't put it into play under an opponent's control. It comes into play under your control, then exchanges control.

I prefer a different sort of posting.

The opponent of the owner of the card. Owner controls the effect, even if they don't control the card on the resolution of the ability. It would be different case if we were talking about Gather Specimens or so.

That ass though.

It wasn't even mill. It was a deck with a lot of group draw (Howling Mine, Font of Mythos, etc), so everyone would have a full hand at all times and could do pretty much what they wanted

That's not how they saw it. Apparently my group is retarded and thinks card advantage and draw is bad, so they accused me of building mill and hated me off the table

>blast myr retriever, draw three cards and reclaim an artifact from the graveyard
>nuke wurmcoil for fun an profit

I got that.
What I was baffled about was that you would get hated out because you were assumed to play mill. As if milling was viable strategy.
Your meta is retarded.
It's like that kind of moment, when you have Aura of Silence and Necropotence on the table at the same time, and opponent tries to disenchant AoS.

Oh Origins... What could have been.
>tfw foil Hixus

>Your meta is retarded
They are but they're fun to play with most of the time

Some guy at my gym found out I play EDH and was talking mad shit about some of the decks I told him about in the group, then started bragging about how OP his Phenax deck is. His Memnarch would fuck me up though, I play a lot of artifacts

Well, to be honest, those two are completely on a different power level.
I have a memnarch deck too, which is somewhat powerful, but eh, if that guy thinks he could make phenax deck OP, i'm thinking that his Memnarch isn't really that powerful either.

Oh and yeah, I'm glad you can have fun with them.
I have some retards here too, like a lot, and when I play with them, they aren't at all fun to play against or with. I just find it annoying that some people can't into politics or threat assessment. It's bad enough that they never pay for Rhystic study, but Tempt With Discovery becomes absolutely borken, simce every fucking retard takes the bait and fetches a land (which usually is a basic or tapland) and the caster gets like 6 lands out of it.

I'm guessing he's just forcing discard and dropping Consuming Aberration as a fatty engine

It's not that they're BAD, they're fairly competent players, it's just that they make stupid decisions sometimes

I can't wait to see what happens when I drop a Tempt with Vengeance while Purphoros is on the table though

I with there was an easier way to dump my opponents hands in a mono black multilayer list. Night's reach is close but I can't reanimate him which just kills it.

Magus of the Unseen?

Anyways here's a preliminary list of shit for my riku deck, not planning on trying to get anything over $10 each.

deckstats.net/deck-10027891-67bf58a0bb94fd1daa3f7dd731804ad8.html

Anything that needs to be in there, anything that might be good, any secret tech?

Green sun zenith and Woodfall primus.

Turnabout is rather infamous for being good with Riku

thankfully I have Greenith already, any reason that it's so important?

oh jesus fuck that's...wow, that's...wow. that's some fucking ramp. mimic vat + eternal witness to make it infinite, right? as long as you have enough lands? I think you need 9 mana in lands to get infinite cycles, 10 for mana.

-It let's you cast any green creature straight out of your library.
-For one G extra.
-Then shuffles itself back in for use later.
-Essentially allows you to run two copies of every green creature in your deck.
-Don't like thing? Wish you had a Woodfall primus or a reclamation sage to destroy thing? Did your thing get destroyed? Wish you had an eternal witness to get thing back?

Need I say more?

Fair enough. Any neat multicolor cards out there?

Loads but I'm not the one to ask. My knowledge doesn't extend much beyond UB. Anything with an etb is usually a good place to start.

Hit some of the links in the op, breh. Some pretty useful stuff there.

>tfw I should have bought Karn when he was $30
>now he's $50

It could be worse. You could need four of them.

>tfw i opened a foil karn at the NPH prerelease and traded it for about $50 in junk

what's it worth now? like $200?

>showed friends the magic of buying singles instead of just building from draft chaff with the occasional decent uncommon/rare in the 99
>their decks are starting to rise in power level
This is wonderful

Is Rosheen Meanderer just Hydras_and_Fireballs.dec?

What other sort of X spells exist in GR?

>eye of ugin

W E W
L A D

Buffs I guess

I want to build a Gruul deck but Rosheen just doesn't seem like my style

It's an old pic. May it RIP in peace.

Xenagos gets a lot of love. Maybe check him out.

>tfw you played when he was only $10
>really wanted a play set
>but $40 was out of your price range because you were a kid

That looks fun

I think my issue is that I generally stay lighter on the creature cards in my decks and RG seems like Fat Creature Central/Timmytown

Yeah, RG doesn't lend itself well to creature light strats. You could try marath if three colors isn't too much of a hassle. He pulls so much wieght, you barely need other creatures. Just run a complement of toolbox creatures and ways to pop them out when you need them.

Got BTFO'd by a mimeoplasm deck in my playgroup, I WAS currently building turbo nekusar to be an ass in the playgroup but now with the advent of mimeo I don't know if nekusar can do well against it, any suggestions? I already run every kind of shenanigans denial you can think of.

I ran this guy in a Brion Stoutarm deck that was basically all the act of treasons + copy + kiki combo stuff + boros sunforger package.

I'd play this to tempt opponents to play their best creatures for me to steal and throw.

A bunch of O-Ring effects, maybe

Maybe use Brago to abuse various ETB effects

Bojuka bog, leyline of the void, relic of Progenitus. You could also counter/bounce the shit out of mimeoplasm.

Bravo is being used by someone else unfortunately :( I was thinking of counterpells and running RIP in my white decks, also pithing needle

Pithing Needle won't solve the problem.

There is no rule that says you can't use the same commander as someone else.

GWAFA

Give that Mimeo a bribery counter

Steal that guy's best shit with Bribery or Corrupted Conscience and beat him to death with it

Pillowfort your face off until Azor's Elecutors has 5 filibuster counters

The problem isn't mimeo it's phyrexian devourer, necrotic ooze, triskelion
Also it's just a matter of uniqueness in the group, a homebrew rule. Outsiders can play if they have the same commander as someone

I see. Sounds like grave hate is what you need. Relic of Progenitus takes care of most. Withered wretch is also an option.

Thanks! Withered wretch was exactly the card I needed, I already run tormods crypt and relic, so wretch looks like it'll really help out

Does he run blighted agent? Tell him to

Shazzrad, the commander
Group hug (Minotaur is kinda garbage at it.)

>wanting Shahrazad as a commander
Seek psychiatric help

Absolutely not

Has anyone wanted to make a full unhinged/unglued EDH deck? Maybe 5 color, child of alara?

Obviously it wouldn't be legal, but you'd pull it or for laughs.

How do you feel about unglued/unhinged legendary creatures as commanders? Would you allow a Frankie peanuts EDH into your meta?

What has been the most flavorful deck you have made?

I feel like it's cheating, but goblin tribal is my best. A little over half of the deck has something to do with goblins, while the remainder is just good red stuff. My basic lands are also only mountains from onslaught.

Sounds misserable. Magic is crazy enough without un-cards and I'm not the sort that likes to treat the game so irreverentIy. We're all here to have a good time but don't forget, the object is to "kill" the other players.

*Pull it out for laughs

My Kraj deck really really feels SIMIC AS FUCK. I love seeing all the jank that comes from the blob of a boardstate I eventually accumulate. I think my favorite experience with kraj was when my opponent enchanted him with stupefying touch, and my only chance at removing Kraj was with a mass polymorph.
Pic related, it's my kraj! Ignore the watermark, my girlfriend painted it for me and insists I use that image when I show it off.

I also love my low-power level karn deck, it really does feel like a ticking clock when I get out clock of omens with a huge boardstate of artifacts.

Gifted with the power of regeneration, the Agent of Oloro sets forth to subvert and subdue those who would seek to stop the Ageless Ascetic.

I guess my head cannon doesn't count.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-04-16-big-black-deck/

Holy shit this is one of the most autistic things I've ever read.

Full unhinged? No, that's not fun. Some unglued or unhinged cards I'm EDH is fun, though. Red hot hottie and rocket Powered Turbo Slug, for instance.

My Marrow-Gnawer deck is 90% actual rats, not Nezumi, plagues and diseases.
It is shit.

You don't like to pretend you're a wizard while you conjure beasts and sling spells?

You must be new. Stick around. I'm just getting warmed up.

That's autistic.
Your deck is autistic.

How dare you use your imagination to have fun

I like your style

This sounds wonderful. You're running pestilence right?

Oh yeah? Whip out you deck user. Let me inspect the heft and girth.

Dude, your deck is just some generic mono B list with a a WUB commander for some reason.

Jesus this deck is durdle central

I heft my girth in your general direction.
Not that user, but it's nice to see another Oloro.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-the-lazy-dick/

Alright, I've put aside some dosh to upgrade this deck and was wondering what should be cut/added, outside Sword of Fire and Ice and Jitte, because those are the most obvious

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godos-powerviolence-concert/

I have a good reason for using him as my comander.

Sorry.

Oloro is a meme. I see at least 3 oloros a night when I play commander night at any lgs

I agree. Oloro is only pulled out when smug assholes need to get their shit pushed in.

My main deck is an artifact heavy Godo build.

>it's nice to see another Oloro
But he's one of the most popular generals for the format

Not on Veeky Forums it seems.
I should have clarified, it's nice to see someone on Veeky Forums using/talking about him.

Hot damn, and they call me durdley! Looks pretty wicked man. Tabernacle is spicy. Ever consider winter orb?

>mfw another Godo player on Veeky Forums
Hello fellow user of funnest general

Could have fooled me. I'm the only one using him at my shop.

>all these mono red players

Help me understand you.

Goblin War Drums can definitely get dropped

You also have a huge amount of extra combat so maybe those extra turn spells could go too

Get rid of Grappling Hook

Do you guys have any advice for building a creature heavy deck for BUG whilst keeping it budget? Maybe a token sac theme would be good?

Needs Ancient Tomb.

I am a simple man who likes fun